New Srixon Z Star??

CClark ·  
CClarkCClark Members  25WRX Points: 0Posts: 25
Has anyone heard if Srixon is releasing a new (6th gen) Z Star in the near future? <br />
<br />
I’m noticing that my local pro shop isn’t restocking and many websites are giving slight discounts or marking it as a “close out”. <br />
<br />
I
Posted:

Comments

• LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers  2211WRX Points: 304Handicap: 7Posts: 2,211 Platinum Tees
    Probably...u85, z585 and z785 are launching soon. Disappointed there wont be z985 blades.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M6
    Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
    Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
    Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
    SC Phantom X 5.5
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • grochol17grochol17 Members  1291WRX Points: 113Posts: 1,291 Platinum Tees
    Z star and xv are usually launched in odd numbered years, so my guess is it is a bit early for new versions of those.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST, 8.5*, Speeder VC 7.2 Tour Spec X
    Titleist 915 Fd, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
    Titleist 818 H2 17*, Speeder VC 8.8 HB Tour Spec S
     Mizuno MP H5, 3 iron, C Taper Lite X
    Mizuno MP 25, 4&5 iron, DG X100 SSx1
    Mizuno MP 5, 6-PW, DG X100 SSx1
    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled CC, 53* & 58* (DG S300)
    Piretti Potenza II Rev 2.0, 375g, 34"
    Srixon Z Star / Z Star XV
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members  3466WRX Points: 356Posts: 3,466 Titanium Tees
    There is a distance orientated X version in Japan. Similar to AVX. Current ball is superb so their engineers will need to do some overtime to make radical improvements.
    Posted:
  • cgasuckscgasucks Members  2558WRX Points: 441Posts: 2,558 Titanium Tees
    CClark wrote:
    <br />
    Has anyone heard if Srixon is releasing a new (6th gen) Z Star in the near future?<br />
    <br />
    I’m noticing that my local pro shop isn’t restocking and many websites are giving slight discounts or marking it as a “close out”.<br />
    <br />
    I<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I reported this thread to the moderators and you will be dealt with.
    Posted:
    10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
    1999 Ben Hogan Apex Blades (3-PW) with stock Apex 4 Steel Shafts
    Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
    Taylormade ATV wedges in 54 and 58 degrees with stock steel shafts
    Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter
  • klbcecklbcec Members  566WRX Points: 113Posts: 566 Golden Tee
    New Z Star probably around december january time frame based on past few generations
    Posted:
  • chinaskichinaski Dios mio, man. Members  446WRX Points: 125Posts: 446 Greens
    elwhippy wrote:
    <br />
    There is a distance orientated X version in Japan. Similar to AVX. Current ball is superb so their engineers will need to do some overtime to make radical improvements.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Yeah I can't see much of an improvement. Only improvement I could see is if they made the XV just a little softer off the putter and inside 50 yards. Basically the perfect ball is XV off the tee and Z around the green.
    Posted:
    Ping Hoofer:

M2 9.5˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi DC 60 
    ST190 3W 15˚Atmos Blue TS 7
    ST190 5W 18 or X2 Hot 3H 19˚
    Z U45 23˚ Nippon NS Pro 1150
    Z745 5-PW DG S300
    RTX-4 50M/56F/60L S400TI

Toulon Las Vegas H7

Z-Star XV

Advertisement
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4481WRX Points: 1,515Posts: 4,481 Titanium Tees
    cgasucks wrote:
    <br />
    CClark wrote:
    <br />
    Has anyone heard if Srixon is releasing a new (6th gen) Z Star in the near future?<br />
    <br />
    I’m noticing that my local pro shop isn’t restocking and many websites are giving slight discounts or marking it as a “close out”.<br />
    <br />
    I<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I reported this thread to the moderators and you will be dealt with.<br />
    ???
    Posted:
  • playaplaya Members  8756WRX Points: 282Posts: 8,756 Titanium Tees
    chinaski wrote:
    <br />
    elwhippy wrote:
    <br />
    There is a distance orientated X version in Japan. Similar to AVX. Current ball is superb so their engineers will need to do some overtime to make radical improvements.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Yeah I can't see much of an improvement. Only improvement I could see is if they made the XV just a little softer off the putter and inside 50 yards. Basically the perfect ball is XV off the tee and Z around the green.<br />
    <br />
    I pretty much agree with everything you say. Current model is superb. I play the XV for its performance off the tee, and but would prefer it a little softer around the greens.
    Posted:
  • JDaxJDax Members  84WRX Points: 2Handicap: 11.1Posts: 84 Bunkers
    I believe that the New Q-Star Tour will be the Srixon ball launch of this year, I think it will be next year before we see an updated Z-Star line.
    Posted:
  • Mike_CMike_C Members  1593WRX Points: 204Posts: 1,593 Platinum Tees
    playa wrote:
    <br />
    chinaski wrote:
    <br />
    elwhippy wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Yeah I can't see much of an improvement. Only improvement I could see is if they made the XV just a little softer off the putter and inside 50 yards. Basically the perfect ball is XV off the tee and Z around the green.<br />
    <br />
    I pretty much agree with everything you say. Current model is superb. I play the XV for its performance off the tee, and but would prefer it a little softer around the greens.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Agree also. I played much of this year with the XV. 5-6 years ago I spent about a year with it after being a long time B330S user, wanted to try something a bit lower spinning with the driver. That experiment ended and I went back to Bridgestone. But I didn't like the new version of the Tour B XS. When Srixon had there $20/dozen deals early in the year I stocked up on the XV and Z Star to try both. First was playing the XV as it did seem a bit longer off the tee and a bit higher launching, but as time went by, I just didn't like it as much around and on the greens. As I started using up my Z Stars, I started to really like them, but you are right if I could get the performance off the Driver of the XV and feel of the Z Star, It would be perfect for me.
    Posted:
    WITB
    Ping G410 LST 9.0 Tensei CK Orange 60 X
    Ping G410 LST 3W Tensei CK Orange 70 S
    Big Bertha Alpha 815 Hybrid 18* Fujikura Speeder 865 S
    TM GAPR Mid 4 hybrid KBS Hybrid S
    Srixon Z585 5 iron Recoil 95 F5
    Srixon Z785 6-PW Recoil 95 F5
    Cleveland CBX 2 52 bent to 51 DG 120 S
    Callaway MD 4 54/10 S Modus 3 115 W
    Ping Eye 2 SW 57.5 ZZ lite
    Original Ping B60, White Hot 2 ball blade, Never Compromise Dinero Baron,  or Cleveland BRZ 2
    Srixon Z Star or XV
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members  2034WRX Points: 90Handicap: 9.5Posts: 2,034 Platinum Tees
    If they come out with more "trial packs" in 2019 for the XV and Z I am going to need another shelf in the garage! <br />
    <br />
    On a serious note I tried the NEW QST and it was realty much better than the original. Makes me excited for the new offerings from Srixon.
    Posted:
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow

Advertisement
  • 1Mordrid11Mordrid1 Members  1002WRX Points: 393Posts: 1,002 Platinum Tees
    Just a random thought from someone with no idea what Srixon will do.....I have wondered since the new Q Star Tour is using a dimple pattern similar to the current Z Star, if maybe Srixon has developed a new dimple pattern for a new gen Z Star?
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.