2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Beware East Coast Golf

mulliganman30

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I have learned from this thread, don't post experiences like this one and let everyone else get screwed on their own.

To me the OP was doing the right thing by letting the forum know what to look for or be aware of regarding this company, but after reading some of the responses, who in their right mind would put themselves through this bullshtein?

To the OP, thank you and I'm sorry about your experience with this company.

Thank you! This times 1,000! I won’t again. This was in the back of my mind before deciding to post but thought surely I could avoid it since I had nothing to gain in this situation.

May we have some pics of the actual club?

If this is indeed counterfeit, it should be visible by looking at the club itself.

I'm not sure relying exclusively on the serial number is the best way to go.

If I’d seen this earlier in the evening, I wouldn’t have minded doing so. But I’ve already repacked it back up to ship it back. And I don’t really feel like giving anything else back at this point after all it’s gotten me so far.

No offense meant, but what’s the point in having serial numbers on clubs if they can’t be depended on with a fair degree of certainty for these purposes.

If this is indeed counterfeit, it should be visible by looking at the club itself.

If I'd seen this earlier in the evening, I wouldn't have minded doing so. But I've already repacked it back up to ship it back. And I don't really feel like giving anything else back at this point after all it's gotten me so far.

No offense meant, but what's the point in having serial numbers on clubs if they can't be depended on with a fair degree of certainty for these purposes.

I have nothing to gain from it...it would be to potentially identify the club as real so YOU could keep it if you wanted to. Or confirm for you that it was fake.

It's generally pretty easy to tell whether a club is real or not from good photos.

"Fair degree of certainty" from serial numbers, sure. But serial numbers are not a totally secure system. If I were making a counterfeit club, I could just walk into a retail store and copy the serial number from the corresponding real club. It would have the right serial number...does that make it real?

Us looking at the actual club would be a secondary way of verifying authenticity.

Maybe just something to keep in mind for the future. This board is usually happy to look at club photos to determine authenticity. Best of luck on it.

One thing I have learned from this thread, don't post experiences like this one and let everyone else get screwed on their own.

To me the OP was doing the right thing by letting the forum know what to look for or be aware of regarding this company, but after reading some of the responses, who in their right mind would put themselves through this bullshtein?

Thank you! This times 1,000! I won’t again. This was in the back of my mind before deciding to post but thought surely I could avoid it since I had nothing to gain in this situation.

Appreciate the post. You seem to have gotten a few snotty responses. Too bad. The avalanche of fake equipment is upon us and many people seem to not want to believe it. It must make them uncomfortable. Unless something comes directly from the manufacturer any more, my standard assumption is that there is a decent probability it’s fake until proven otherwise.

It’s like all the Scottys. Soooooo many fake Scotty’s now.

It’s certainly the best place to start. If you have the s/n and you call the manufacturer, and they tell you it’s for a left handed club, and it’s a right handed head, what possible good could come from letting others see it? That’s some severely flawed logic. If they in fact verify that it’s indeed the correct club, and you still have worries, then maybe that makes sense, but a lot of fakes these days are indistinguishable from the real thing, particularly with irons and some putters. Oh, and no one making fakes goes and makes one single club, so again, the basic assumption is flawed.

This section is supposed to be for subjects just like this , yet the OP gets flamed from other members.

That IMO, is just sad.

It's certainly the best place to start. If you have the s/n and you call the manufacturer, and they tell you it's for a left handed club, and it's a right handed head, what possible good could come from letting others see it? That's some severely flawed logic. If they in fact verify that it's indeed the correct club, and you still have worries, then maybe that makes sense, but a lot of fakes these days are indistinguishable from the real thing, particularly with irons and some putters. Oh, and no one making fakes goes and makes one single club, so again, the basic assumption is flawed.

This section is supposed to be for subjects just like this , yet the OP gets flamed from other members.

That IMO, is just sad.

Thank you! That's another reason I didn't reopen it for pictures. I'm certain had I did somehow it would have gotten turned around on me again.

So a forum member recently tried to sell a putter only to find out it is fake. He bought it from a reputable dealer, the dealer even apologized for it and gave him all his money back, the forum member was not bashed or flamed at all. Then someone comes on here with a possible fake head. Calls the manufacture with the possibility of not being able to read the SN#, only to find out that all combinations of the SN# are not correct for the head or do not exist. So the OP gets bashed for telling his story. Damn, this place was made for exact issues like this and you are giving him $%it about it? Really?

Have some of you taken the time to possibly think that ghee maybe the OP is correct and maybe the seller who just may be a good seller was given a fake and did not know it. The PGA Super Store sold a fake Scotty to my friend and no one called to hang him for telling so. OP is just saying be aware and dont be afraid to double check things no matter who they are sold by.

It’s certainly the best place to start. If you have the s/n and you call the manufacturer, and they tell you it’s for a left handed club, and it’s a right handed head, what possible good could come from letting others see it? That’s some severely flawed logic. If they in fact verify that it’s indeed the correct club, and you still have worries, then maybe that makes sense, but a lot of fakes these days are indistinguishable from the real thing, particularly with irons and some putters. Oh, and no one making fakes goes and makes one single club, so again, the basic assumption is flawed.

That IMO, is just sad.

Severely flawed logic? You're assuming that the serial number system is perfect, which it isn't. Serial numbers get entered into the system incorrectly. They get read incorrectly. It happens.

I was simply offering to help verify for the OP if it's real or not, if he still had any doubts. How was I to know he already had it sealed in a shipping box?

Also, if you missed it, OP admitted he wasn't even totally sure if he had the right serial number. He was reading it through the plastic and wasn't sure on one of the characters.

99% of the time this board can determine if a driver is real or not based on good pictures. I thought it made sense to verify it was fake using this proven method.

Ironically, I am now being villified by him and you just for offering to help. I guess I know how it feels.

With all due respect to my board members, but if I want to authenticate an item, I’m going straight to the company. As much as I know many people in here are very knowledgeable, if I have a fugazi, I have better chances of getting my money back if the item is deemed a fugazi by the company than a friend.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Appreciate the post. You seem to have gotten a few snotty responses. Too bad. The avalanche of fake equipment is upon us and many people seem to not want to believe it. It must make them uncomfortable. Unless something comes directly from the manufacturer any more, my standard assumption is that there is a decent probability it’s fake until proven otherwise.

It’s like all the Scottys. Soooooo many fake Scotty’s now.

Wow! Hmmmm....snotty responses seem to be the norm. It's too bad.

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

So a forum member recently tried to sell a putter only to find out it is fake. He bought it from a reputable dealer, the dealer even apologized for it and gave him all his money back, the forum member was not bashed or flamed at all. Then someone comes on here with a possible fake head. Calls the manufacture with the possibility of not being able to read the SN#, only to find out that all combinations of the SN# are not correct for the head or do not exist. So the OP gets bashed for telling his story. Damn, this place was made for exact issues like this and you are giving him $%it about it? Really?

Have some of you taken the time to possibly think that ghee maybe the OP is correct and maybe the seller who just may be a good seller was given a fake and did not know it. The PGA Super Store sold a fake Scotty to my friend and no one called to hang him for telling so. OP is just saying be aware and dont be afraid to double check things no matter who they are sold by.

Well said! It's unfortunate that this is what the board here has become.

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

With all due respect to my board members, but if I want to authenticate an item, I’m going straight to the company. As much as I know many people in here are very knowledgeable, if I have a fugazi, I have better chances of getting my money back if the item is deemed a fugazi by the company than a friend.

It's just as much about how it's verified, as who verifies it. In terms of "getting your money back", that's another story. But in terms of actually determining authenticity...

If you think about it, a group of dozens of knowledgeable club ho's like us with a combined hundreds of years in golf equipment experience is a pretty powerful "crowd force" in judging a club's authenticity.

You think giving Callaway a serial number and just trusting that their serial number process is unhackable and infallible is the best way to go?

If you're, for example, sending a club into Scotty Cameron where they physically inspect the club that's one thing. That is a reliable way of determining authenticity because they are actually examining the club itself.

When you talk to Callaway about serial numbers, they are not actually authenticating your club or judging your club as a fake. They are only telling you whether the serial number matches the club or not.

The only information they have is the serial number! Sorry, I'd rather knowledgeable people judge the actual club!

This one's a simple one to me. Send it back and move on.

OP, there are some amazing experts on here that, for future reference, can tell you whether or not something is real or fake. SN should be a sure thing but they aren't. Many, many members have come in, posted some images and were able to confirm suspicions. But regardless better to move on. There are some great deals on CPO and those are 100% authentic, guaranteed.

As for the replies that sort of vilify a member coming in and reporting a possible issue, if the report was really a problem a Mod would have done something about it - fast. Seen that happen many times. So bottom line unless a Mod locks it up and/or says that a post is out of line odds are it isn't. This place centers on "protecting the field". To assume that a veteran seller is never going to make a mistake is a really silly and naïve way of going about purchasing things online. As others pointed out this too has happened before. So OP don't feel as though you did anything wrong opening up this thread. If you had a Mod would have let you know....

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft