New Titleist TS drivers

LifeAfterBogeys

Thought I'd weigh in with my experience. I'm certainly not the longest player in the world - I'm 39 with a swing speed in the 90-95 range depending on the day. I tend to hit a very low spinning, low launching ball so I'm always looking for a driver/shaft combo that will give me launch and spin to help with my carry distance. My current gamer is a G400 Max w/ a stock Ping Alta CB 55 R-flex. With this combo I'm launching my driver with about 16-18 degrees of launch, ball speed in the low to mid 130s, spinning around 2000 rpm and I end up carrying the ball around 220-230 with rollout to 245-260 depending on the conditions.

Picked up a TS3 after hitting one a few times at an Edwin Watts. Loved the sound and feel off the face and the overall aesthetics waaay more than the G400. The numbers on the launch monitor were reasonable enough that I thought I'd order one and take it for a spin to see how it stood up. It finally came in the other day, and I was able to get some better numbers on the LM and game it for a round.

I went with the Kuro Kage Black Dual Core TiNi 50 with R-flex again to help with launch. Went and hit it on the LM at Golftec first. First thing I noticed was that my swing speed and ball speed picked up about 2-3 mph on the Ping fairly consistently. That said, the launch was consistently in the 11-14 degree range with lower spin than the Ping (closer to 1000-1200). When comparing it to the Ping, I was getting 10 yards less carry distance, but would see around 5 yards more total distance do to the roll out. Dispersions were pretty good - my Ping tended to fly straighter and the TS3 tended to fly with a fade. Decided to take them out for an on course comparison later in the day.

When I got to the course, most of what I saw on the LM held true. The TS3 definitely launched lower and carried less, and I didn't see the fade that I was seeing on the LM. We've had a lot of rain here in South Louisiana as of late, so I wasn't seeing much roll out. For most of the holes, I could almost throw a blanket on top of the drives from both drivers. But the one that seemed more consistent and consistently longer was the Ping - even when I was hitting into the wind. Again, the TS3 looked, felt, and sounded great and was pretty damn close to the G400 in terms of the performance, but my Ping still has the edge and I don't think the TS3 is for me.

That said, I'm dying to go try a TS2 (they didn't have a lefty in stock when I went to Edwin Watts but they do now). If it truly is higher launching and higher spinning and I can get similar launch and spin as my G400 w/ consistently higher swing and ball speeds it might prove to be a winner. Gonna go there now and see about swapping the TS3 out :)

Thought I'd weigh in with my experience. I'm certainly not the longest player in the world - I'm 39 with a swing speed in the 90-95 range depending on the day. I tend to hit a very low spinning, low launching ball so I'm always looking for a driver/shaft combo that will give me launch and spin to help with my carry distance. My current gamer is a G400 Max w/ a stock Ping Alta CB 55 R-flex. With this combo I'm launching my driver with about 16-18 degrees of launch, ball speed in the low to mid 130s, spinning around 2000 rpm and I end up carrying the ball around 220-230 with rollout to 245-260 depending on the conditions.

Picked up a TS3 after hitting one a few times at an Edwin Watts. Loved the sound and feel off the face and the overall aesthetics waaay more than the G400. The numbers on the launch monitor were reasonable enough that I thought I'd order one and take it for a spin to see how it stood up. It finally came in the other day, and I was able to get some better numbers on the LM and game it for a round.

I went with the Kuro Kage Black Dual Core TiNi 50 with R-flex again to help with launch. Went and hit it on the LM at Golftec first. First thing I noticed was that my swing speed and ball speed picked up about 2-3 mph on the Ping fairly consistently. That said, the launch was consistently in the 11-14 degree range with lower spin than the Ping (closer to 1000-1200). When comparing it to the Ping, I was getting 10 yards less carry distance, but would see around 5 yards more total distance do to the roll out. Dispersions were pretty good - my Ping tended to fly straighter and the TS3 tended to fly with a fade. Decided to take them out for an on course comparison later in the day.

When I got to the course, most of what I saw on the LM held true. The TS3 definitely launched lower and carried less, and I didn't see the fade that I was seeing on the LM. We've had a lot of rain here in South Louisiana as of late, so I wasn't seeing much roll out. For most of the holes, I could almost throw a blanket on top of the drives from both drivers. But the one that seemed more consistent and consistently longer was the Ping - even when I was hitting into the wind. Again, the TS3 looked, felt, and sounded great and was pretty damn close to the G400 in terms of the performance, but my Ping still has the edge and I don't think the TS3 is for me.

That said, I'm dying to go try a TS2 (they didn't have a lefty in stock when I went to Edwin Watts but they do now). If it truly is higher launching and higher spinning and I can get similar launch and spin as my G400 w/ consistently higher swing and ball speeds it might prove to be a winner. Gonna go there now and see about swapping the TS3 out :)

Silly question but why didn't you try TS2 in the store? What loft did you try in TS3? I'm also a lefty with very similar speed

Silly question but why didn't you try TS2 in the store? What loft did you try in TS3? I'm also a lefty with very similar speed

They didn’t have a lefty TS2 at the time and I’m impatient made the swap this morning (kept the shaft the same). Gonna get it on the LM and the course in the next few days and post back, though I did just get a quick range session in. It was hard to see much fdicfwrence in the performance of the TS2 from what I saw in the TS3 and my G400 “seemed” to still be outlaunching and outcarrying the TS2 but it was hard to tell and I was hitting garbage range balls. A LM session and direct comparison on the course with some quality balls will make a better dataset.

I went with a 10.5 deg head in both clubs (it’s what I play in my G400). I also maxed out the loft on the settings of both the TS2/3 and G400.

They didn’t have a lefty TS2 at the time and I’m impatient �� made the swap this morning (kept the shaft the same). Gonna get it on the LM and the course in the next few days and post back, though I did just get a quick range session in. It was hard to see much fdicfwrence in the performance of the TS2 from what I saw in the TS3 and my G400 “seemed” to still be outlaunching and outcarrying the TS2 but it was hard to tell and I was hitting garbage range balls. A LM session and direct comparison on the course with some quality balls will make a better dataset.

I went with a 10.5 deg head in both clubs (it’s what I play in my G400). I also maxed out the loft on the settings of both the TS2/3 and G400.

From what I've read that Max is hard to beat....I want to hit both TS heads outdoors before making a decision.....I'm using a jpx900 for ease and comfort....not as long as M3 but far more consistent.....

I know I'm not going to get massive gains but being a short hitter means confidence is needed in a club not to have a ton of surprises....M3 dispersion isn't as good as jpx900 for me....could be shaft but I've tried multiple shafts in M3.

Even being blue , the jpx900 also has an appealing appearance......I'm still looking for a shade less spin however

I have a similar swing speed -- 94-96 mph. I was playing an M3 with the Tensei Blue stiff, but went to a Titleist Thursday to check out the TS drivers. M3 was launching around 13-14 degrees, 2600 spin. I ended up in the TS2 dialed up to 11.25 degrees, HZRDUS Smoke 6.0. Launch went to 11-12 degrees, spin came down to 2200 rpms, 8 more yards carry and roll, with tighter dispersion. I was within my trade-in period on the M3 so I made the switch. I liked the feel better, both in the swing and at impact. Plus there's less to fiddle with so better for my tinkering tendencies.

I tried the TS3 and it launched about 2 degrees lower and 200 less spin for me. More than that, dispersion was way up. I found the TS2 to be easier to hit.

I'm guessing that more than the clubhead between the TS2 and Ping, it'll be the shaft that makes the biggest difference. Beyond that, feel and looks.

The no-upcharge shaft list from Titleist is probably the most impressive on the market. The "stock" shafts are pretty bad*ss on the TS series, but i think they are currently the only OEM offering the D+ Limited for no upcharge, also the Speeder 757 Evo....among many others

I love the D+ so that is cool.

I'm wondering if a TS2 with low loft and a D+ would be forgiving. I'm not sure i want the TS3, as i do like forgiving drivers but try to keep the spin down when i can

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Hi friend. At our swing speed, we need at least 2,500 spin to get the most distance.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Hi friend. At our swing speed, we need at least 2,500 spin to get the most distance.

Actually somewhere right in the middle of his spin and your 2500 (with more launch than he's getting too) would be ideal if flightscope.com is to be believed.

Remember the old TaylorMade 17/17 claims. Flightscope agrees at a large range of swing speeds.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I am loving mine. Love the look, feel, sound and playability I have been having,

I have a 8.5 lofted TS3 dialed in to 7.75* loft. ( I hit up by 4-5 degrees with driver) I swing around 110-111 MPH.

I also have a TS2 13.5 FW dialled in to 12.75 since I use it primarily off the tee. I can still get it up when played from a fairway but it rarely happens.

These are competitive distance wise and still have the fabulous Titleist accuracy :P

Yup. That's why the TS3 didn't work out for me and the G400 was beating it (16 deg LA, ~2000 spin). Haven't hit the TS2 on the LM yet but plan on doing so today and will report back with some numbers, but on the range it didn't seem to offer me much more in the way of launch and spin than the TS3 did. Right now the G400 Max is tough to beat and the stock Alta CB 55 in it has been the highest spinning shaft for me.

I have been auditioning both the 2nand 3 on course for last two weeks with multiple shaft combinations. B0th are great drivers and for me the TS2 9.5 with Smoke 6.0 is the best combo in terms of distance, feel and forgiveness. I have lost distance this year since turning 60 and am regaining it with this combo. Believe the hype. These drivers can hunt.

Finally got my TS2 with 45" stock Smoke shaft out to the range and couldnt hit anything but fades with it. Maybe it will take some time but it sure seemed really short and was not very straight. The 785 I already had was beating it hands down. I might try and find either the TS3 or a longer stock shaft to try.

Finally got my TS2 with 45" stock Smoke shaft out to the range and couldnt hit anything but fades with it. Maybe it will take some time but it sure seemed really short and was not very straight. The 785 I already had was beating it hands down. I might try and find either the TS3 or a longer stock shaft to try.

Yea do your self a favor i did the samething with the same setup i only used it for one round took it back an got the TS3 with the smoke an what a difference, sound, feel eveything ball flight, much more run out on the drives also

Yea do your self a favor i did the samething with the same setup i only used it for one round took it back an got the TS3 with the smoke an what a difference, sound, feel eveything ball flight, much more run out on the drives also

Might have to do that. Or find someone who wants to trade a 3 for the 2.

I'm a lefty and I finally had a chance to hit the TS2 and TS3 with a few different shafts. I also took my 917D2 along to compare. The both the TS2 and TS3 had much tighter dispersion over the 917. Both were longer. The spin was down around 2100ish with the TS3 which was the best of all three. My trusty 917 averaged 2800 with a few going over 3000 so I'm definitely not a low spin hitter lol. The upshot was I went with the TS3 with the Evenflow 1100 shaft. Taking it to the course was a real eye opener for me. It was at least 10 yards longer. No joke. Kept it on the fairway. I'm completely sold on the TS line. Titleist as done a great job with this club. Just my 2 cents.

Titleist TSi3 Driver 9°

Titleist TS2 Fairway 3W, 5W

Titleist TS2 Hybrid 21°

Titleist T300 5-GW°

Vokey SM7 52°,58°

Odyssey O-Works #9 Putter

I have been auditioning both the 2nand 3 on course for last two weeks with multiple shaft combinations. B0th are great drivers and for me the TS2 9.5 with Smoke 6.0 is the best combo in terms of distance, feel and forgiveness. I have lost distance this year since turning 60 and am regaining it with this combo. Believe the hype. These drivers can hunt.

I am going to do the same thing just ordered both the 2 and 3 in different shafts . I want to do some real world testing on my home course before making my choice

on a keeper.

gb

What did TS2 replace and what are your current distances and increases?

I've been playing the 913D2 for years. I'm not a long player anyway and I can make that club do whatever I like. However I did try the TS2 over the weekend and was pretty impressed. I'd say my good drives go about 250-255 and I was getting consistent 260-265 drives even with slight mishits with the TS2. The only rub is that my home course has a couple of holes that you absolutely must hit a cut on off the tee box. I could not make the TS2 cut. I could hit a straight pull, I could hit a double cross, or I could hit a 40 yard slice. I thought maybe it was my swing so I took out the 913 after the round and hit 5 in a row with a 10-15 yard butter cut. I'm going to try the TS3 and see if I can get the same distance with a little more workability. But on a hole where you can hit it straight or with a little bit of a draw, it was noticeably longer than other Titlleist drivers I've hit in the past. Was playing it 10.5 A1 with a Tensei blue shaft which I liked but didn't love.

Callaway Paradym 12* (-1Std) Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood

Ping G425M 20.5* Tensei Raw Org 75S

Ping G425 22* ADIZ85S

Ping G425 26* ADIZ85S

T100S 6-7 (1* weak) Aerotech FC115

T100 8-PW  Aerotech FC115

Titleist T100 50*  Aerotech FC115

Vokey SM8 54.12D/58.8M Aerotech FC115
SC Champ Choice Newport 2 Stability Shaft Tour

Have to say, it looks like i'll be getting one of these, only tried the TS2 with smoke shaft, and it does seem to be a good driver, didn't miss many fairways, once i had the feel for it, distance is similar to the epic SZ i have, as well as the rogue i tested last week, the thing that surprised me was that the spin must be pretty good as well, as into wind it was performing as well as the SZ, didn't think that would be the case.

Just need to try the TS3 now, adjustability may be a good thing, but not sure of what else changes, i was having a struggle getting the SZ to draw lately, was really making me think my swing was way out, but the TS2 drew perfectly for me, hopefully the TS3 can be dialled in a little, if not the TS2 is something i could definitely see me getting!

Hmmmmm,,,,,,,, the driver, assuming I liked it enough is one thing, but the headcover ?

I don't care. I use my own. :)

09d27d0135461caad94cd877e091c473.jpg

Just picked up my new driver. The headcover is the nicest leather I've ever seen on a head cover. I've changed my mind about it, it now looks great.

Hmmmmm,,,,,,,, the driver, assuming I liked it enough is one thing, but the headcover ?

I don't care. I use my own. :)

09d27d0135461caad94cd877e091c473.jpg

Just picked up my new driver. The headcover is the nicest leather I've ever seen on a head cover. I've changed my mind about it, it now looks great.

The headcover is a definite improvement in terms of quality over the 917D headcovers, not sure that it is genuine leather though.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

They didnt have a lefty TS2 at the time and Im impatient �� made the swap this morning (kept the shaft the same). Gonna get it on the LM and the course in the next few days and post back, though I did just get a quick range session in. It was hard to see much fdicfwrence in the performance of the TS2 from what I saw in the TS3 and my G400 seemed to still be outlaunching and outcarrying the TS2 but it was hard to tell and I was hitting garbage range balls. A LM session and direct comparison on the course with some quality balls will make a better dataset.

I went with a 10.5 deg head in both clubs (its what I play in my G400). I also maxed out the loft on the settings of both the TS2/3 and G400.

From what I've read that Max is hard to beat....I want to hit both TS heads outdoors before making a decision.....I'm using a jpx900 for ease and comfort....not as long as M3 but far more consistent.....

I know I'm not going to get massive gains but being a short hitter means confidence is needed in a club not to have a ton of surprises....M3 dispersion isn't as good as jpx900 for me....could be shaft but I've tried multiple shafts in M3.

Even being blue , the jpx900 also has an appealing appearance......I'm still looking for a shade less spin however

I put aldila synergy in my m3 and it's the best damn driver I've got in a while, go try that combo, and i thought my 917 d2 couldn't be best with the 565 shaft, and the 917 was on par with the ts2/3 for my swing, the longest for me so far is the new srixon 785 but it was not consistent, just thought i would give you a heads up with that combo mostly

They didn’t have a lefty TS2 at the time and I’m impatient �� made the swap this morning (kept the shaft the same). Gonna get it on the LM and the course in the next few days and post back, though I did just get a quick range session in. It was hard to see much fdicfwrence in the performance of the TS2 from what I saw in the TS3 and my G400 “seemed” to still be outlaunching and outcarrying the TS2 but it was hard to tell and I was hitting garbage range balls. A LM session and direct comparison on the course with some quality balls will make a better dataset.

I put aldila synergy in my m3 and it's the best damn driver I've got in a while, go try that combo, and i thought my 917 d2 couldn't be best with the 565 shaft, and the 917 was on par with the ts2/3 for my swing, the longest for me so far is the new srixon 785 but it was not consistent, just thought i would give you a heads up with that combo mostly

I might do that, thanks!

The headcover is a definite improvement in terms of quality over the 917D headcovers, not sure that it is genuine leather though.

One of the best imitation leathers I've seen.

Kinda partial cuz of how shiny it is =(. I like those premium leather head covers that Titleist makes but not for $90

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

One of the best imitation leathers I've seen.

Kinda partial cuz of how shiny it is =(. I like those premium leather head covers that Titleist makes but not for $90

I have the premium ones on my 3 wood and hybrid, they were Christmas gifts, the quality of the leather on there is unreal! Bag looks pretty cool with the new TS headcover in there next to the other two.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023