SuperSpeed Golf training system

Trackman today. I got tired after a while because I took about 75 driver swings, but my first 15-20 or so, my average went up 3mph. Prior to SSG average was 104. Today it was 107. Allllllmost up to 160 ball speed. In February I was around 145-148 with the driver. I actually put a hzrdus black 75x in my 3w and I had a few ball speeds at 151.

Now.... to just stop turning my hands over so hard. Average path is still pretty extreme: 5* - 6* in to out. I cant stay away from hooks to save my life. Trying to swing out to in and hold the face off a bit results in bad contact and major loss in speed. I know this really isn't the right forum for it... but any advice on how to get more square with out losing speed?

Trackman today. I got tired after a while because I took about 75 driver swings, but my first 15-20 or so, my average went up 3mph. Prior to SSG average was 104. Today it was 107. Allllllmost up to 160 ball speed. In February I was around 145-148 with the driver. I actually put a hzrdus black 75x in my 3w and I had a few ball speeds at 151.

Now.... to just stop turning my hands over so hard. Average path is still pretty extreme: 5* - 6* in to out. I cant stay away from hooks to save my life. Trying to swing out to in and hold the face off a bit results in bad contact and major loss in speed. I know this really isn't the right forum for it... but any advice on how to get more square with out losing speed?

I struggle with this myself only I can get really extreme, upwards of 10 or 11 degrees in to out. I have been trying to teach myself to swing a little more down the line by trying to hit fades. One way I do this is I take my usual strong grip, set up to the ball normal, then open the face way up. I swing like I am going to hit a huge cut. I end up with baby right to left draws and my inside out drops to a much more workable number more often. It works for now, but I still plan to keep inching my way to a more neutral grip.

Hope that helps some. Worst case it will just make you slice or block them off the map ha.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

I've toyed with changing grip but usually when you do a grip change, it bones everything up until it feels normal again... I may have to try it.

Another weird thing is when I interlock, I tend to have a much slower face closer rate. Generally can only hit blocks that way... which is why I overlap. I do the same thing though with irons and I can hit those straight or even fades pretty easily. I take my normal grip, open the face a bit, aim a bit inside my target line and try to swing even more inside that aiming line. Result is usually a straight ball that just bleeds back to target. It's actually how I hit all my irons now. I just can't do it with a driver or 3w because of the longer length just makes it that much harder to actually swing that way.

Opening up the face angle to sit open with the driver actually makes it worse believe it or not. I've had lessons actually from Monte and he said my hooks are mainly due to hip stall and also dropping my rear shoulder... so I try to consciously feel like I hit down a bit and when I make contact to feel as if my shoulders are totally square to target.

Sigh... at least since I began this training I've gained around 2-3mph speed. Would be cool to see another 2-3mph come in the next 4-5 weeks.

I've toyed with changing grip but usually when you do a grip change, it bones everything up until it feels normal again... I may have to try it.

Another weird thing is when I interlock, I tend to have a much slower face closer rate. Generally can only hit blocks that way... which is why I overlap. I do the same thing though with irons and I can hit those straight or even fades pretty easily. I take my normal grip, open the face a bit, aim a bit inside my target line and try to swing even more inside that aiming line. Result is usually a straight ball that just bleeds back to target. It's actually how I hit all my irons now. I just can't do it with a driver or 3w because of the longer length just makes it that much harder to actually swing that way.

Opening up the face angle to sit open with the driver actually makes it worse believe it or not. I've had lessons actually from Monte and he said my hooks are mainly due to hip stall and also dropping my rear shoulder... so I try to consciously feel like I hit down a bit and when I make contact to feel as if my shoulders are totally square to target.

Sigh... at least since I began this training I've gained around 2-3mph speed. Would be cool to see another 2-3mph come in the next 4-5 weeks.

I slow-downed my swing and started working on the swing path from basic. not easy at all.

You sound very similar to me. I stall as well. I have been on a mission to "feel" the right swing as much of the instruction I have obtained just doesn't work. I am trying to discover what works best for me and my body that maximizes speed, accuracy and repeat-ability. I am convinced they can all be had at the same time as I feel each is dependent on the other. I also enjoy trying to solve really complicated problems and this is something really complicated. I just don't believe in one swing fits all. I really want to learn my own swing like Bubba did. His creative ADD type mind sounds very similar to mine, figured I would give it a shot. It has been both a frustrating and very enjoyable experience thus far.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

I took a few days of SSG because I've been incredibly stressed at work and haven't had the time. I'm going at it tonight at some point (while watching the Yankees v. Red Sox) to see if the rest helped or hurt. Either way, I've only been doing it ~2 weeks and am not expecting any crazy gains.

I did go to the range Tues morning before work and recorded two 3w swings above normal. 123 and 126 were my highs of the day. My 3w is typcally 117-118 (which is where most of my swings with it were). I faded them all, which seems to be my new miss from extending my arms too soon. At least I know what I'm doing wrong. I believe this is what I was doing the last SSG session as well, causing the speed to decrease. We'll see tonight!

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

You sound very similar to me. I stall as well. I have been on a mission to "feel" the right swing as much of the instruction I have obtained just doesn't work. I am trying to discover what works best for me and my body that maximizes speed, accuracy and repeat-ability. I am convinced they can all be had at the same time as I feel each is dependent on the other. I also enjoy trying to solve really complicated problems and this is something really complicated. I just don't believe in one swing fits all. I really want to learn my own swing like Bubba did. His creative ADD type mind sounds very similar to mine, figured I would give it a shot. It has been both a frustrating and very enjoyable experience thus far.

It's just funny how for me, I can put decent speed into the swing, and "swing to the inside" with a pw or a 7i, but I can't really even begin to swing fast and do it with driver. I'd have to go from 107 to like 90 or 95 probably.

Season is almost over here... I'll probably play another 6 maybe 7 times before it gets too windy and cold out. Winter will be a good time to do 100's of dry swings with a 7i in my living room. Once it feels really really solid, I'll go 4i... slow mo times a million... then hopefully once or twice a month I'll go hit balls on trackman again and just work on getting my path near zero.

Actually had one PW swing today that was path -.1 and club to path 0. Hopefully doing another 8-10 weeks of SSG will solidify my gains in case I can only do it a few times over the snowy season.

I hope you and your bubba brain can figure things out, too. haha

For an update, a few weeks ago i wasnt really noticing any results. Fast forward to now, (havent done the program for a week and a half due to bad weather), my ballspeed is now in the 156-158 range which is close to my goal of 160. Starting point was 148-152 ball speed. I did 4 weeks of the intro protocol and 1 week of level 1 protocol. Will try to continue the program if the weather gets better

For an update, a few weeks ago i wasnt really noticing any results. Fast forward to now, (havent done the program for a week and a half due to bad weather), my ballspeed is now in the 156-158 range which is close to my goal of 160. Starting point was 148-152 ball speed. I did 4 weeks of the intro protocol and 1 week of level 1 protocol. Will try to continue the program if the weather gets better

Those are great gains from only the Intro / 1 week of Level 1 Protocols! 6+mph of ball speed is a gain of 10-12 yards. I'm starting to get very excited about seeing realized gains on the monitor. I am hoping to see ball speed gains, but if I see a good bit of change in swing speed, ball speed should eventually follow.

My 3W swings were primarily 119-121 on Sunday, which is a couple MPH up on average on the monitor. I haven't been able to swing the Driver at the range I go to, but will do that soon. Keep in mind I'm really only in the middle of the 3rd week of the Intro Protocol. I started 9/13 but have taken a couple days off here and there due to time constraints.

Good thing is, the last session I was up in pretty much all areas. Both my dominant and non-dominant side saw increases in each club. Highest recorded swings with Blue (129) and Red (121) on normal swings and 129 Blue & up to 123 on Red with the step. I'm anxiously awaiting my first 140 with the green. Ended at 137 Sunday night. I don't think I will hit that for another week or so, but we'll see!

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Awesome work. In Feb... I've got trackman numbers, I was about 145-18 prior to my fitting.. Left the fitting around 151 ball speed. Last Friday I had a few right at 157 ball speed. I would be overjoyed if I could hit 160 by EOY. Haven't done SSG actually since last Weds. Got injured playing hockey, letting that heal up right now.

Awesome work. In Feb... I've got trackman numbers, I was about 145-18 prior to my fitting.. Left the fitting around 151 ball speed. Last Friday I had a few right at 157 ball speed. I would be overjoyed if I could hit 160 by EOY. Haven't done SSG actually since last Weds. Got injured playing hockey, letting that heal up right now.

weirdest part is i hit those numbers while feeling sick. I had bad stomach pains and all i could eat was a bagel a day for 3 days. My dad convinced me to go for a couple swings, and i did and hit 159 ballspeed peak while feeling lethargic as hell. I'm sure i might pick up some extra speed if i actually have any energy

how many weeks did it take until you started seeing positive results and speeds increasing by a few miles per hour?

The results are basically immediate. They happen after using the system for the first time. The key is to keep doing it to make it stick. You can literally increase your swing speed 5 mph immediately after your first session, but that increase won’t last more than a few minutes after you swing the driver, unless you keep repeating it.

I’m very happy with the results so far. I’m a 5 index, and have over the years had a driver club speed of 111. Last year I hurt my back and my swing speed was down to 106. After 2 weeks my SS is up to 116 average and I’ve seen it up to 119 on the course (using the swing speed radar). That being said those numbers were after warming up with SS golf on the range before the round. If I play without the SS warmup I’m usually around 110 right now. As a side note my back feels much stronger as s result.

I have been using the Superspeed system for ten weeks (at level 1 protocol) and I am disappointed with the results. I am a very slow swinging senior golfer so lack of distance has been an issue for me for years, since I only clock in around 75 mph with the driver, I thought I might see a quick large initial jump unfortunately this was not the case.

Swing speed has barely changed and ball speed has moved from 107 mph to 110 mph!

I can feel the physical changes from the exercises, biceps, triceps and lats but I still have a swing that despite significant effort on my part is one that doesn’t create clubhead speed.

No magic bullet.

I have been using the Superspeed system for ten weeks (at level 1 protocol) and I am disappointed with the results. I am a very slow swinging senior golfer so lack of distance has been an issue for me for years, since I only clock in around 75 mph with the driver, I thought I might see a quick large initial jump unfortunately this was not the case.

Swing speed has barely changes and ball speed has moved from 107 mph to 110 mph!

I can feel the physical changes from the exercises, biceps, triceps and deltoids but I still have a swing that despite significant effort on my part is one that doesn’t create clubhead speed.

No magic bullet.

Thanks for the feedback. Are you tracking progress? Or just swinging without a swing speed monitor? Would you say you have a decent swing sequence?

Thanks for the feedback. Are you tracking progress? Or just swinging without a swing speed monitor? Would you say you have a decent swing sequence?

I don’t have the swing speed radar but I do have flightscope to check for any club head / ball speed increases.

My downswing kinetic sequence is correctly ordered (K Vest), I could be better of course, I certainly could do with more separation in the kinetic chain because I simply don’t pass speed efficiently from each segment to the next.

I certainly feel the physical effects of doing my Superspeed set, perhaps a case of peak effort,rather than peak speed or peak speed at the wrong time. I had a reservations before purchase, which has been borne out when checking my Superspeed drill on video, I am guilty of early extending and releasing too aggressively (flipping) and I can see these faults magnified with the Superspeed clubs.

Like I say no magic fix.

I don’t have the swing speed radar but I do have flightscope to check for any club head / ball speed increases.

My downswing kinetic sequence is correctly ordered (K Vest), I could be better of course, I certainly could do with more separation in the kinetic chain because I simply don’t pass speed efficiently from each segment to the next.

I certainly feel the physical effects of doing my Superspeed set, perhaps a case of peak effort,rather than peak speed or peak speed at the wrong time. I had a reservations before purchase, which has been borne out when checking my Superspeed drill on video, I am guilty of early extending and releasing too aggressively (flipping) and I can see these faults magnified with the Superspeed clubs.

Like I say no magic fix.

Interesting. Thanks for reply. I would wonder if being able to see your measured swings on a SSR while doing the protocols would help you see when and why you swing faster?

Interesting. Thanks for reply. I would wonder if being able to see your measured swings on a SSR while doing the protocols would help you see when and why you swing faster?

I am sure the radar would be of benefit, feedback would keep me honest for sure, the negatives are the extra outlay £120 plus the temptation to repeat poor swings.

Credit to Superspeed they gave me some pretty detailed feedback and suggested I use a different protocol to see if it improves the progress. I also videoed a superspeed swing at their request that showed my real swing tempo had imposed itself on my superspeed swings.

I have already laid out the cash for the system so I will certainly be giving it a winter’s worth of training in the forlorn hope than I can finally add some distance to my game.

even the best medicine can't cure everyone.

sorry to hear SSG has not worked for DaveMac. Hopefully, it will come around soon.

Thanks for the thoughts, the one thing to learn from my experience is that simply following Superspeed’s protocols in an ordered fashion might not be right for everyone. It looks like some people might need the more advanced protocols sooner, to target the reason for lower than optimal speed.

even the best medicine can't cure everyone.

sorry to hear SSG has not worked for DaveMac. Hopefully, it will come around soon.

Thanks for the thoughts, the one thing to learn from my experience is that simply following Superspeed’s protocols in an ordered fashion might not be right for everyone. It looks like some people might need the more advanced protocols sooner, to target the reason for lower than optimal speed.

I am not a doctor but SSG would be beneficial for your health as a form of workout. as suggested, other workout like yoga would be helpful.

Swing speed has barely changed and ball speed has moved from 107 mph to 110 mph!

I can feel the physical changes from the exercises, biceps, triceps and lats but I still have a swing that despite significant effort on my part is one that doesn’t create clubhead speed.

No magic bullet.

3 mph of ball speed should be 6.6 yards of distance. That doesn’t sound too bad of a gain if you extrapolate that out over a whole year.

Got to hit some balls into the net tonight and took my radar and green SSG stick with me. I haven’t done SSG training since June and the best I could get with it after hitting balls was 147, which is 14 mph less than my all time pr. My body feels like it won’t take long to get the speed back once I’m doing the training consistently again.

3 mph of ball speed should be 6.6 yards of distance. That doesn’t sound too bad of a gain if you extrapolate that out over a whole year.

You are right, in the launch monitor world 3 mph should be 6 yards, unfortunately it doesn’t work this way in practice. I did two flightscope sessions one before superspeed and one a few days ago, I was testing for distance so there was more miss hits than in the pre superspeed session. The average gain was 3 yards carry!

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, Superspeed were really helpful and provided a new direction to go, specific to my swing, so I will keep at it, right through the winter and do another comparison in April next year. I was impressed with their willingness to backup their product, something rare in the golf training aid arena, certainly in my experience.

Got to hit some balls into the net tonight and took my radar and green SSG stick with me. I haven’t done SSG training since June and the best I could get with it after hitting balls was 147, which is 14 mph less than my all time pr. My body feels like it won’t take long to get the speed back once I’m doing the training consistently again.

Sometimes I really don't like you.

I'm sidelined with Tendonitis in my lead hand. Thanks a lot C-Taper 125s.

DaveMac...when you're swinging the SSG sticks are you emulating a proper golf swing and mechanics...or...are you swinging out of your shoes with little concern of form?

Swinging out of my shoes, certainly this is my intention.

Reviewing the video of my Superspeed swing showed two interesting things, first totally unknown to me, my my tempo had locked back to my normal game tempo, Second, faults that are present in my swing, were greatly exaggerated in the superspeed swings. So it turns out form is relevant in my case, which is why Superspeed have given me a different protocol.

Welp I think SSG has translated into gains in all my clubs now. Was trackman sim'ing and playing Muirfield. Took a 6i to a back flag at 185... carried the green and then some. After the shot it said I carried it 194 or so.

Not sure if it's just trackman muscles or what... but I was cranking my irons all day. Carried my hybrid about 225 when it's normally a 210 carry, 220 total type of club. Managed to pull a PW about 150 in the air too which is just stupid long and unnecessary... Maybe if this is for real I can move away from the super hot 790s and into some real forged blades or CB's. I really dont need to hit a 6i 195. I'm playing courses where the tips are like 6500... I almost never have a 2nd shot in of more than 160 or 170 on par 4's. My HC hasn't caught up to this distance yet so I guess that just means I can tone it done some and really focus on tempo and technique.

Sometimes I really don't like you.

I'm sidelined with Tendonitis in my lead hand. Thanks a lot C-Taper 125s.

Don’t be scared to look into graphite shafts. I’m very impressed with the feel and stability of the steelfibers I’ve tested and I think the 110’s are going to be perfect for my new, longer set. Having a 40” wtf has made it difficult for me to find something comfortable in length and not feel like a sledgehammer.