Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Show me your Betti's -Bettinardi's-

Comments

• leo the lionleo the lion Members Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betti Queen B #8 arrived today. Beautiful work of art. Looks very similar to the older Squarebacks.

Had to hunt around to find one and eventually stumbled on a small stock on Amazon which Bettinardi confirmed as theirs and legit.

image/betty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':betty:' /> image/betty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':betty:' />

4iNOM2y.jpg?1zvrt11F.jpg?1
    Driver  Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour Stiff 65
    Fairways  Ping G30 3 wood Tour Stiff 80 and Ping G410 5 wood Evenflow 75 stiff
    Hybrid  Ping G 19* #3 Stiff Tour Stiff 90
    Irons  Ping G irons 4-UW AWT 2.0 Stiff white dot +1/2" and Odyssey Duel Force 56 degree wedge
    Bag  Ping Hoofer 14 2016
    Putter  Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 2017 model
    Balls  Titleist ProV1, ProvV1X, AVX and TaylorMade TP5X (depending on the course and weather)
  • PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Members Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    fodp37.jpg
    PXG 0811x 9° - HC EvenFlow Black 75x 
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    TM Milled Grind 52° - HiToe 56°/62°
    Mizuno TPM 7
    RZN Platinum
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Betti Queen B #8 arrived today. Beautiful work of art. Looks very similar to the older Squarebacks.

Had to hunt around to find one and eventually stumbled on a small stock on Amazon which Bettinardi confirmed as theirs and legit.

image/betty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':betty:' /> image/betty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':betty:' />

not sure why Betti don't make this anymore...
  • wundejwundej ClubWRX Posts: 3,774 ClubWRX
    larciel wrote:

They have product cycles just like any other club manufacturer. If you are looking for an 8, pm me. I have a few.
    Are you a collector? If you see my pic, I game qb8 .Lovely putter
    wundej wrote:

larciel wrote:

They have product cycles just like any other club manufacturer. If you are looking for an 8, pm me. I have a few.

My guess is they will announce a new line of QB's shortly. These are the 2017 model. Took my new QB #8 down to The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, yesterday, for its first outing on the West Course. Loved it. The feel and sound is amazing. The greens were fantastic and fast. I holed a couple of 20 footers. It's deadly under 10 feet too providing you get the read correct. Looks like I'm another Bettinardi convert.
    Irons  Ping G irons 4-UW AWT 2.0 Stiff white dot +1/2" and Odyssey Duel Force 56 degree wedge
    Bag  Ping Hoofer 14 2016
    Balls  Titleist ProV1, ProvV1X, AVX and TaylorMade TP5X (depending on the course and weather)
    larciel wrote:

I was going to say “no”, but then I realized what I had (keep in mind I’ve somehow acquired 3x this number in other brands over the years).

I wouldn’t say I collect them, mainly since they are all “off the rack” designs, but I do like to play around with different styles.

• benno_rbenno_r Members Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What weight is the Mizuno BC on left? Been busting to find one in 355g.
    Cobra F9 - Accra CS1 60 M3
    Cobra Bio Cell 4w - Accra CS1 70 M3
    Mizuno JPX850 - Altus Hybrid
    Wilson c300 forged 4-GW - Paderson Kevlar Green 110
    GrindWorks 54/58
    Toulon - with Edel / Lajosi / Ping / Xenon / Odyssey / Black Lab on possible rotation
    wundej wrote:

larciel wrote:

I was going to say “no”, but then I realized what I had (keep in mind I’ve somehow acquired 3x this number in other brands over the years).

I wouldn’t say I collect them, mainly since they are all “off the rack” designs, but I do like to play around with different styles.

Wow! wonderful collection.
    Bag  Ping Hoofer 14 2016
    benno_r wrote:
    What weight is the Mizuno BC on left? Been busting to find one in 355g.

It’s the 35” one, believe it’s 343g. I’ve been looking for a BC3 or BC5. These are absolutely the softest putters I have ever felt.
  • CaigeCaige ClubWRX Posts: 38 ✭✭
    myphed1 wrote:

This baby is gorgeous!
  • bigbluefan1132bigbluefan1132 Members Posts: 310 ✭✭✭✭
    New Mashup I just picked up at the Studio's Fall Bash (#1 of 5)

Ping G400 w/ Tour AD-MT 6s
    Titleist 910f w/ Diamana Black S
    Ping G400 19* w/ Ping Tour S
    Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 23* w/ Recoil F4
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Recoil F4
    SM7 50, 54, 58 with PX LZ 6.0
    Bettinardi BB8C Dass Koolaid w/ Honeycomb Fit Face
    Bettinardi BB0 Carbon Skulls w/ Flymill Face
    Bettinardi BB2 Custom Poison w/ Flymill Fit Face
  • trying2scratchtrying2scratch Members Posts: 1,053 ✭✭
    ^^^^^WHOA!^^^^^^

That thing is funky, love the face mill and head cover sic too. Any idea what that face mill is called? Never seen that from Betti... almost like the Ping TR grooves style... or is it just fit face extended across whole face?
  • WindyCitySPNWindyCitySPN Members Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great looking putter bigbluefan1132! Love the full fit face
  • masterssundaymasterssunday Members Posts: 29
    Still rolling this after 5 years, come back to it over and over.
  • SanzabarSanzabar Members Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    My crowned jewel is headed to Richmond. Not a crazy custom or anything, but I am a copper fanatic and this just checks all the boxes for me.

F5-E15677-259-C-4-B4-A-AE8-A-1-B9-C44-C32735.jpg
    Ping G400 Max w/Evolution II 569
    Callaway V-Series Heavenwood
    Nike Vapor Speed 23*
    TaylorMade P790
    Nike Engage 56/60* & Callaway PM Grind 64*
    Nike Method Origin B1-01 Custom

#Colts #ForTheShoe #COLTure
  • NicholasP  NicholasP Members Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DornochDornoch Member Members Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Here's pictures of the two I've got. Both centre shafted:

• nv00021nv00021 ClubWRX Posts: 58 ClubWRX
    Does anyone know who owns this putter?

Would love to take a shot at prying it away from them

Thanks

NJV

Fred Couples Blade DASS Proto

http://tourstockputt...d-couples-blade

A lot of people have asked about this style and it truly is still a work in progress. To date I believe less than 20 FCB have been made and getting one seems to be harder and harder every day. This is a really nice counter balance version that I just listed!

Another FCB that I would seriously run at if anyone knows the owner and would like to put us together.

Thanks

NJV

This might be the coolest counter balance putter ever made. This is a solid copper 400g Fred Couples 110 Prototype with the newer "hidden" Fit face that has no outline. Only 3 were made exactly like it. Really a super cool and unique piece from Studio B.

http://tourstockputt...10-copper-proto

devey07 wrote:

I just got my new custom made to celebrate becoming a US Citizen. Here she is:

That is spectacular!!!

Congrats man......how did you go about getting that made?

NJV

Got a bit of a thing for FCB's

That's stunning..... I am trying to source a FCB myslef!!! Any suggestions?

NJV
    are you thoroughly enjoying each putter post from way back? lol I love it
  • chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Members Posts: 8,538 ✭✭
    nv00021 wrote:

NJV

You have 4 options:

1) stalk eBay and here, though you may be waiting awhile

2) stalk the Hive and hope you have better internet access than the others on every other Thursday at 10AM

3) visit the studio and get fitted for something they have in stock

4) get a custom made, though I’m not current on the process for doing this

With options 2-4 (probably #1 too) be prepared to back up a Brinks truck. New will probably cost you north of $1500 (didn’t use to be that way).
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
    nv00021 wrote:

NJV

You have 4 options:

1) stalk eBay and here, though you may be waiting awhile

2) stalk the Hive and hope you have better internet access than the others on every other Thursday at 10AM

3) visit the studio and get fitted for something they have in stock

4) get a custom made, though I’m not current on the process for doing this

With options 2-4 (probably #1 too) be prepared to back up a Brinks truck. New will probably cost you north of $1500 (didn’t use to be that way).
    You were spot on....went the route of calling them and getting a custom one built. They are amazing to work with but it's a small fortune. Probably 2K when it's all said and done ..... Worth it!!!!

Thanks for the reply
  • toddmanleytoddmanley Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I tried a Studio Stock 8 today at a putter fitting. As I'm new to the details around Betti's what I really liked was how soft this head felt with hitting ProV1's. From the current line of putters how do they rate from softest to hardest? Probably most interested in how the BB line compares to the Studio Stock.

-Thanks, Todd
  • lvmikelvmike Las VegasMembers Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    toddmanley wrote:

I tried a Studio Stock 8 today at a putter fitting. As I'm new to the details around Betti's what I really liked was how soft this head felt with hitting ProV1's. From the current line of putters how do they rate from softest to hardest? Probably most interested in how the BB line compares to the Studio Stock.

-Thanks, Todd

From softest to hardest:

1. FIT Face (horizontal lines usually framed with an upside down 'U'. Rarely see lines across the whole face) Found on current Studio Stock series.

2. Fly Milled - Found on current BB series.

3. Micro honeycomb - Found on current Queen B series.

4. Honeycomb

Or at least that's my opinion. Hope that helps. My favorite are the Fly milled and micro honeycomb face.
    *on order* 9* Taylormade M5 w/Tensei Pro White
    vs
    *waiting on USPS* 8.5* Ping G400LST w/stock Alta

15* Taylormade M3 w/GD AD BB-7
    Srixon U85 3 iron w/UST Recoil
    Srixon Z545 4-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950
    Cleveland RTX 4 50*
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*
    Bettinardi QB 8 33"

Backups:
    Odyssey O-Works Black #7s 33"
    Scotty Studio Style Newport 2 33" (custom shop)
  • hd.softailhd.softail Members Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭
    lvmike wrote:

toddmanley wrote:

-Thanks, Todd

From softest to hardest:

1. FIT Face (horizontal lines usually framed with an upside down 'U'. Rarely see lines across the whole face) Found on current Studio Stock series.

2. Fly Milled - Found on current BB series.

3. Micro honeycomb - Found on current Queen B series.

4. Honeycomb

Or at least that's my opinion. Hope that helps. My favorite are the Fly milled and micro honeycomb face.

This ranking is exactly my experience as well for softest to hardest.

I had a fitting at Bettinardi earlier this year and chose the BB1 over the Studio Stock 8 for two reasons. First, the SS8 had more toe hang where the BB1 has a forward neck (and maybe also a little longer neck) to minimize toe hang. The BB1 has the lowest toe hang I've seen for a plumber neck style anser putter which fits my slight-arc to straight back stroke AND, I just liked the more traditional look of the BB1.

Feel wasn't significantly different between the fly-mill and fit face for me. I wouldn't have chosen one over the other based on these 2 faces alone. NOW, Betti did still have the 2016 BB1 with the Honeycomb face available when I got fit. That face was too hard for me. I ruled that out on feel alone.

To me the 2018 BB1 looks nearly identical to the PING Vault 2.0 Dale Anser. The Studio Stock 8 is a unique look for sure but a great putter. Can't go wrong with either...
  • Optimus-ParOptimus-Par Transform, and roll putts. Members Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who got the pizza slice ball markers today? I'd like to see how big they are.
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]~ What's in my bag is more than meets the eye ~[/font]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file