Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

Can anyone summarize what the majority of the 917D3 players are moving into with the TS line? Both model and lofts? If I'm in a 9.5 D3, would it be a safe bet to get the TS3 9.5?

I had the 917D3 9.5, got the TS3 9.5, very happy so far.

Same here.....917 D3 to 9.5 TS3.

If you are used to the D3, the TS3 maintains the shape, and I found the TS2 shape elongated similar to the D2, if that makes sense.

I also considered going 10.5, but the club looked significantly open to my eye in comparison to the 9.5.

Thanks.

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those without a hotmelt setup but want to alter the sound or weight the port behind the weight tube is wide open. I put 5g cotton balls in there since it’s a less permanent solution and can be removed easily. Gonna play today and see how it sounds. 5g lead tape was ugly and it’s always hard to make stick on a driver long term.

One other way to add weight is by adding knitting yarn. It is easier to remove than cotton balls/pieces :)

I have a hotmelt setup but i was worried about fouling up the weight port with glue somehow.

Are you referring to the TS3 with weight tube ?

My question is, does the cotton stay in the tube or does it go out to the interior of the driver head. And if it does go into the head through the weight tube, it seems impossible to remove ????

yes the ts3. It goes into the main head opening. You pull the cotton apart into smaller pieces and push it in with a toothpick. You can blow all the cotton back out with an air compressor if you need to.

Did anyone get theirs with a 75G Evenflow instead of the stock 65G offering? Placed my order at the same time as a buddy a week ago, he got the 65G and has his while I've received no update on mine.

I ordered mine with the 75g version but it came with the 65 and I don't like this much at all.

I asked before buying if they could do it with the 75 so placed the order but now they have came back to me saying Titleist can't supply the 75 in 6.5 spec. Pretty annoyed to say the least.

I don't really want any of the other shafts on offer.

TaylorMade M2 (2016) 9.5* (2* lower) HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5
TaylorMade M1 15* Tensei CK Pro White 80X or
Taylor Made tour issue M2 T3 Ozik Matrix 8M3 X

TaylorMade Rsi TP 3-PW (1.5* strong) NS-Pro MOdus 3 tour130 X
Callaway MD 3 48 bent to 50 KBS 610 S+
Callaway MD 3 52 bent to 54 [size=4]KBS 610 S+[/size]
Callaway MD 2 58 [size=4]KBS 610 S+[/size]

Odyssey 2-ball Pro-Type milled face putter.

Tour Preferred X or TP5x ball.

Did anyone get theirs with a 75G Evenflow instead of the stock 65G offering? Placed my order at the same time as a buddy a week ago, he got the 65G and has his while I've received no update on mine.

I ordered mine with the 75g version but it came with the 65 and I don't like this much at all.

I asked before buying if they could do it with the 75 so placed the order but now they have came back to me saying Titleist can't supply the 75 in 6.5 spec. Pretty annoyed to say the least.

The 75 EFW is back ordered for a bit... it's is an option for a driver build. For "They" to say Titleist can't supply the 75 in a 6.5 spec is bogus

TSR3 10º Driver - LinQ M40X Blue 6F5     

TSR2 15º Fwy - LinQ M40X Blue 7F5     

TSR2 18º Hyb  - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
T200 #4 @ 1º Weak - Modus 120X

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

SM10 Raw 50.12F @ 51º, 56.12D, 60.08M @ 61º - Mouds 120X
Odyssey TEN - SuperStroke PIstol 2.0

Pro V1 

The 75 EFW is back ordered for a bit... it's is an option for a driver build. For "They" to say Titleist can't supply the 75 in a 6.5 spec is bogus

Cheers,

I'll get back onto them. They probably shouldn't have accepted then sent out my order with the wrong shaft if they couldn't give me it the spec I selected.

Cheers,

I'll get back onto them. They probably shouldn't have accepted then sent out my order with the wrong shaft if they couldn't give me it the spec I selected.

Mistakes happen by the vendors every once in a while, but after being a club pro for 18 years, owning my own shop for 11, and visiting Titleist Oceanside and their Loker Ave warehouse location multiple times and seeing their "checks and balances" (which all vendors have) I'd venture to guess that it was an ordering mistake. If a shaft is back ordered when I ordered a club then it goes on back order. The consumer expects to get what they were fitted into and if they have to wait so be it.

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

Pro V1 

Cheers,

Don't like the sound of that... I got my tracking this morning and it'll be here on Friday. I'll report back on what shaft it comes with. Luckily I got a Titleist tip on my trust MFS Black Tie in case things are messed up.

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

Recently ordered a 9.5 ts2 -1/4" with evenflow white 6.0, all other specs standard. Delivered to home yesterday....specs wrong on club....spec sheet in box clearly shows length -1/2" and SW of C9. For a company geared more towards custom fitting...I have no idea how they let that get thru their QC? The custom order/order sheet were correct.

Recently ordered a 9.5 ts2 -1/4" with evenflow white 6.0, all other specs standard. Delivered to home yesterday....specs wrong on club....spec sheet in box clearly shows length -1/2" and SW of C9. For a company geared more towards custom fitting...I have no idea how they let that get thru their QC? The custom order/order sheet were correct.

My 2 cents from 18 years in the industry...

It was built to the spec sheet so to the factory it isn't wrong, correct? The builders at the Loker facility are 99.9% spot on, maybe a grip twisted here or there. I'm not sticking up for Titleist but I know for a fact any wrong errors are usually an issue with CS inputting the wrong specs OR the person placing the order not checking via phone call or online via their ordering system. CS always repeats the order back to whomever is on the phone to double check. Most incorrect orders I've seen are from a fitter or person in charge ordering using their web-based ordering system and inputting the wrong info.

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

Pro V1 

Cheers,

Mistakes happen by the vendors every once in a while, but after being a club pro for 18 years, owning my own shop for 11, and visiting Titleist Oceanside and their Loker Ave warehouse location multiple times and seeing their "checks and balances" (which all vendors have) I'd venture to guess that it was an ordering mistake. If a shaft is back ordered when I ordered a club then it goes on back order. The consumer expects to get what they were fitted into and if they have to wait so be it.

I think in this case it looks like they didn't have the correct shaft but sent me the lighter version hoping I would just accept it and they could get another sale.

I had specifically asked them if they could supply it with the EFW 75 6.5 shaft and they said they only had the 65 in stock but could order the other shaft in time for the release day delivery to me.

When it arrived with the wrong shaft I contacted them and they said they didn't have this shaft in stock but would try to order and would exchange if needed.

Since then they said the 75g shaft isn't available. I even suggested them that as it was a stock shaft for the 3 wood Titleist do have them and asked if I could even have one uncut and I'd trim and install myself. Titleist don't do this apparently.

Not heard back today but I said that I don't mind waiting to get the one I actually ordered.

I just wish they would have let me know before sending it out in the first place.

My 2 cents from 18 years in the industry...

It was built to the spec sheet so to the factory it isn't wrong, correct? The builders at the Loker facility are 99.9% spot on, maybe a grip twisted here or there. I'm not sticking up for Titleist but I know for a fact any wrong errors are usually an issue with CS inputting the wrong specs OR the person placing the order not checking via phone call or online via their ordering system. CS always repeats the order back to whomever is on the phone to double check. Most incorrect orders I've seen are from a fitter or person in charge ordering using their web-based ordering system and inputting the wrong info.

Definitely agree. Custom order sheet/info was printed off at time of order and is correct. Order numbers match. Spec sheet that was in the box with the club matched the club, but did not match the specs on the order. I guess QC may have technically done their job, but something else went wrong within their order system/custom dept.

Cheers,

My TS3 with the EFW 75 6.5 came in yesterday. Absolute stunner with the grey MCC plus 4

I’m Team Titleist but have not played their drivers since the 909. Tried the 913 and sold it. Tried the 917 d2 and d3 and sold them both. So I’ve been playing an m2 for a couple of years but bothered the hell out of the that my entire set was Titleist except my driver.

Got fit at a Titleist Thursday a couple weeks ago and got my club this Monday. Highly recommend signing up for a Titleist Thursday. It was an awesome experience. First range session today and am loving my new TS2. Swing speed around 95-100. Am a high spin guy so was fit in a TS2 8.5 Tensei 55 stiff 45 inches (red weight). Fitting numbers were around 1.50ish ball speed, 11 degrees launch and 2600 spin rate. Carry was around 240ish, which is good for me.

I’m one of those golfers that every time I buy a new club I get let down the first time on the range and try to bring it back. Not today with the TS2 driver and fairway wood as well. Both felt absolutely incredible. So easy to hit little baby draws. My miss with the driver is a block and I did not hit any. Majority of balls went straight or a slight draw. Had a couple that started 5-10 yards right but pretty much stayed on that line.

Hoping the driver performs for me on the course the same way it did on the range.

Finally got my ts3 in. Can't wait to put it in play

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

Assuming you were fit in Scotland? There could be a different offering across the pond, but I know that the 75 EFW is an option in the driver in the USA but not many fitters will have this in their fitting carts for players to use.

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

Pro V1 

Assuming you were fit in Scotland? There could be a different offering across the pond, but I know that the 75 EFW is an option in the driver in the USA but not many fitters will have this in their fitting carts for players to use.

Doing a fitting tonight on the winning side of the pond, and I'm intrigued about the 75 EFW myself. Will let you know!

Titleist TSr2 9* - Ventus Blue TR 6X

Titleist TS3 15* - Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TS2 18* - Ventus Black 8X

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2i - Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist 620 MB 4-P - PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 Raw 52F / 56M / WW 60T

Nike 006 Rory Prototype

I picked up my TS3 a week ago now and I still haven't been able to use it...stupid ligaments in my left wrist!

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Just if anyone's curious, this is the portal where golf pros, fitters, and business owners go to order Titleist clubs. There's alot going on and this is where, if the person placing the order gets distracted or doesn't know what they're doing, things can go wrong in a heartbeat. If you get fit for a specific shaft and a specific swingweight it HAS to be inputted. The builders are only as good as the order is accurately placed.

BTW... the EFW 75 and 85 are options for a driver and the specific swingweight options are shown. Very rarely is there a build issue, it's usually a fault with the person placing the order!

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

Pro V1 

Just if anyone's curious, this is the portal where golf pros, fitters, and business owners go to order Titleist clubs. There's alot going on and this is where, if the person placing the order gets distracted or doesn't know what they're doing, things can go wrong in a heartbeat. If you get fit for a specific shaft and a specific swingweight it HAS to be inputted. The builders are only as good as the order is accurately placed.

BTW... the EFW 75 and 85 are options for a driver and the specific swingweight options are shown. Very rarely is there a build issue, it's usually a fault with the person placing the order!

That's quite cool to see, thanks for sharing Sam.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I must admit that my swing isn't in mid season form right now but I am consistently hooking my TS3. I have reduced loft to effectively open the face and that didn't help. Next step is to change the weight for my round this afternoon.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

I must admit that my swing isn't in mid season form right now but I am consistently hooking my TS3. I have reduced loft to effectively open the face and that didn't help. Next step is to change the weight for my round this afternoon.

Reducing loft opens face... but only statically. To play less loft you have square the face which negates the open face. Read Wishon's post about how adjustable drivers work.

To reduce the rotation of the clubhead through the ball, you need to adjust the hosel to flat settings... .75º flat std loft B1 or .75º flat and .75º less loft C1.

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

Pro V1 

Reducing loft opens face... but only statically. To play less loft you have square the face which negates the open face. Read Wishon's post about how adjustable drivers work.

To reduce the rotation of the clubhead through the ball, you need to adjust the hosel to flat settings... .75º flat std loft B1 or .75º flat and .75º less loft C1.

Thanks! I will give that a shot this afternoon. I know it's more me than the club but I wasn't consistently hooking my M2 like I am the TS3. The M2 standard lie angle is 56 and the TS3 is 58.5 and my M2 played 1.9 open so it would make sense that the TS3 would be more draw biased than my M2 setup.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

I got the TS2. How do I know what weight Titleist added to accommodate 45? Mine is blank, but red outline.

I believe red is standard, so I’m guessing nothing was done to offset. I just got my TS3, EFW in 45” and they put in the +2 gram weight.

I’d contact Titleist about that - I would think that, unless you either a) hit it well at standard weight and shorter length in a fitting or b) told them you want lighter swingweight, I’d hope they would be willing to do something about it, as it seems like a fitting error.

Ping $430 LST | Ping Tour 2.0 65 
Titleist TSr2 4w | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8
Titleist TSr3 4h | Project X Even Flow White 100
PING i210 4-U | TT DG 120 S300
Vokey SM9 54.12D, 60.12D | TT DG S300
Scotty Cameron MonoBlok 6

Doing a fitting tonight on the winning side of the pond, and I'm intrigued about the 75 EFW myself. Will let you know!

Nice to hear that you are from one of the nine countries that banded together to beat he US in the Ryder cup.

I got the TS2. How do I know what weight Titleist added to accommodate 45”? Mine is blank, but red outline.

I believe red is standard, so I’m guessing nothing was done to offset. I just got my TS3, EFW in 45” and they put in the +2 gram weight.

I’d contact Titleist about that - I would think that, unless you either a) hit it well at standard weight and shorter length in a fitting or b) told them you want lighter swingweight, I’d hope they would be willing to do something about it, as it seems like a fitting error.

Red is +2 grams so your club is most likely playing at D2 swingweight. Which is the same setup I got. You can also unscrew it and on the bottom of the weight it has the number. Blue would be +4.