2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

BST ISSUE: A Funny Thing Happened To Me Today...

Estebandito

Enjoy guys.

Before I take you on this epic journey full of thrills, chills, and wonderment, let's get one thing straight and out of the way:

I'm a newb. That's right. I have zero posts (this will be my first!) and I have 2 feedbacks (both positive, woohoo!). Very outstanding numbers, indeed.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

I had been chatting with a fine gentleman named:

Clearly an upstanding member of this community. 447 Active Posts, a part of the Advanced Members group, 9 handicap (not bad, mine is lower).

A member since 09/29/2016 - certainly not fresh fish like me - but not a seasoned pro either.

Golf WRX Likes: 73. Not sure what that means, but it sounds good!

So he and I have been chatting on and off for about 2 weeks now, nothing too serious - initially I was interested in a Tensei Pro White 60TX with Ping G400 loft sleeve that he had listed. In excellent shape. 43” from butt to tip:

Unfortunately by the time I reached out, he had already sold it. No biggie. Life goes on. So I continued my hunt for another White.

A few days pass and what do you know, Mr. C sends me a PM letting me know that his Pro Blue is actually Pro White Proto. Cool! says I.

Oh, but wait, it's for a 3w. I think. Ya, gotta be if 42" butt to tip. That's OK, maybe if I invest in a 3w I can make it work.

Oh, but wait, it's an 80TX. Hmmm, I've never hit anything that hefty or stiff in my 3w before. But maybe I can make it work. I mean, I'm a pretty good striker of the ball-

how bad could it be?

So I ask Mr. C for a couple of days to mull it over. Make sure I'm not making an impulse purchase like I usually do. No problem, he says. Cool! says I.

So two days pass and Mr. C reaches out to me again. I sense that he really wants to make a sale. Eager beaver.

But wait, I notice something new about his listing: PRICE DROP. End of season clearance sale! High end gear!

He's also advertised: "BIG discount for buying multiple items" (he's since amended it to "PM with questions and to agree discounts for purchasing multiple items," but whatevs).

Cool! says I. I think I'll get two shafts for a great price!

So after a little negotiating, we agree on the sweet, SWEET price of $325 a Pro White Proto 80TX and a Pro Orange 80TX. "The deal of the year" as he so aptly put it.

Yes indeed . I am very thankful to say the least :)

Now, for a little due diligence. Got to make sure I have all the measurements correct bc, you know, I don't want to ASSUME anything.

AND here's where things start to get interesting.

Mr. C has given me his PP info so I can send him the money when I'm ready. OK, no problem there. Check.

He's emailed me about 6 hours after my last response to confirm that I want the shafts. Understandable. He probably wants to get paid. Eager Beaver.

But I gotta respect that. I respect a man (or woman) who HUSTLES.

Problem is, by this time I've been spending the entire day with my family who I haven't seen in a month and I'm not the type to be on my phone constantly. In fact, I'm quite

the opposite. I hate being tied to my phone. Besides, it's Saturday, and I'm having a great time bonding with my little 2 year-old niece the rest of the family. Good 'ole quality family time.

Now, after spending an ENTIRE day with the family, I'm pooped. I know you guys feel me on this one. Don't get me wrong, I love my family - but I can only spend time with them in spurts.

So now it's Sunday morning and I'm getting ready to go to church. I should probably check my WRX messages and PP Mr. C so he's not left wondering.

Well whaddya know:

I guess I can understand where if I hadn't sent Mr. C a payment or responded within 24hrs it might be reasonable to assume that I was no longer interested in buying the shafts from him and that it was time to move on to the next seller. He had every right to do so, and I appreciate him not doing that at this point. But I assured him within that 24 hr frame that I would take care of the payment as soon as I was done with church. 24hrs isn't an unreasonable time to give someone to make a payment, is it? Keep in mind he's in NJ and I'm in CA so there's a 3hr time gap.

And now that church is finally over, yay! I can go ahead and finally PP Mr. C! Eager Beaver.

I know "tone" can get misconstrued over text or email, but damn, Mr. C sounds a little feisty. I appreciate you giving me 24hrs to make the payment and giving me a head's up about moving on to another buyer. But it's Sunday. Chill. Eager Beaver.

A couple of more due diligence questions for some things I noticed and were never actually stated in the ad description:

NOW THIS IS WHERE THINGS GET REALLY INTERESTING.

This is what I woke up to this morning. Keep in mind, I PP'd Mr. C yesterday afternoon and the sale has been finalized. Have a look for yourself and lmk what you think:

Let's look at the facts here.

Did I drag my feet for several days? If the definition of "several days" is 24 hours (plus a few hours to make the actual payment) then OK. Guilty.

Was I chased down by Mr. C to make a payment? Absolutely. To a fault IMHO.

Was it "well within [Mr. C's] rights to consider other offers?" Sure, but not AFTER I ALREADY PAID. I mean, you can.

Had I "sent the payment when initially said was going to" the package would have already been shipped? Well, excuse me, I never actually said WHEN I was going to send the payment. But again, I think within 24 hrs is acceptable.

Did Mr. C ask me a "few times" if I was a "serious buyer?" No, he didn't ask me at all. Not once. He just assumed that of me.

"Opportunity to match the offer but [i'm] not interested in that?" Why would I be? I ALREADY PAID FOR IT!

"Best offer almost always wins??" I think NOT. I do believe first to PP wins (Ya'll can back me up on this one!!).

The fact of the matter is, if Mr. C was so frustrated with me "dragging my feet" he could have told the other interested buyer that if he PP's the money before I did, he wins the sale, even if I reached out first. DONE. Problem solved. Then, yeah, that's ON ME.

And who knows if there even was "another buyer?" Mr. C could have just been reneging on a done deal.

Anyways, NO RESPECT FOR MR. C. He certainly lives up to his name. BUYERS BEWARE.

What do you guys think? Would love your comments.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Deal was done when he accepted your $$. Asking you to send more 2 days later is BS and I'd ask for an immediate refund.

One more thing.....NEVER SEND VIA FRIENDS AND FAMILY. You're just asking to get stiffed.

....also blocking both of you from any future transactions. Get a grip.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Have you received your refund?

I would remove the personal info in your post of the buyers real name. It will get your thread deleted,

Rogue st Max 10.5 Tour AD VR 6

Ping G430 17 Tour AD DI 7

Sim Ti 19.75 Oban Revenge 7

PXG Gen 2 22 Hybrid Kiyoshi Purple

Titleist T200 5-U KBS Tour
RTX 6 Zipcore 55 and 60 KBS Tour
Bettinardi BB-1W

Btw you guys, Casey still hasn't marked those items as SOLD yet.

http://www.golfwrx.c...-high-end-gear/

He said he was keeping the items and locking the thread on 10/3. It is locked.

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2, Tour KBS GPS, 33",
 SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid 2 / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

That's one HECK of a (hefty) post. Thanks for providing the details.

I think that when you want an item you should pay ASAP. And you shouldn't expect the seller to wait around for your payment.

HOWEVER, him agreeing to the deal and then coming back asking you to pay another $75 or he's going to cancel it...ridiculous.

Shady & ridiculous. But makes sense from someone who asks you to gift.

Adding Crooks to block list.

Jeez that’s a long post. I do think that if you agreed to buy the shafts and then took that long to send payment then that is not great etiquette by you. That being said, trying to charge $75 after the fact is some shady stuff. And NEVER GIFT.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

That's one HECK of a (hefty) post. Thanks for providing the details.

I think that when you want an item you should pay ASAP. And you shouldn't expect the seller to wait around for your payment.

HOWEVER, him agreeing to the deal and then coming back asking you to pay another $75 or he's going to cancel it...ridiculous.

Shady & ridiculous. But makes sense from someone who asks you to gift.

Adding Crooks to block list.

Absolutely agree with you. If he ended up accepting someone else's offer BEFORE I paid bc I took too long then that's on me and I wouldn't have held that against him.

Seller sounds like a used car salesman hounding a potential buyer.

Buyer sounds like he had money burning a hole in his pocket without a clue on where to spend it.

With that said, you had a deal locked in and he stuck it to you. Get your money back and move on. Your first flag should’ve been his persistency in getting you to pay.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

Jeez that’s a long post. I do think that if you agreed to buy the shafts and then took that long to send payment then that is not great etiquette by you. That being said, trying to charge $75 after the fact is some shady stuff. And NEVER GIFT.

Agree. I could have made the payment sooner. That's my bad.

Have you got your money back?

Jeez that's a long post. I do think that if you agreed to buy the shafts and then took that long to send payment then that is not great etiquette by you. That being said, trying to charge $75 after the fact is some shady stuff. And NEVER GIFT.

Agree. I could have made the payment sooner. That's my bad.

Have you got your money back?

Yes.

Impressive tantrum.

I want to make something very clear. If you read through all 49 posts of this rediculous PM thread you will see that I never demanded more money but gave ample opportunity to match the best offer. I refunded his money immediately once he requested it. Given how long it took for him to send the payment after several chasers I was never confident that he wouldn’t back out at any time so I did what nearly everyone else here would do and that’s entertain other offers. I already had one person back out and request a refund because they changed their mind, which I granted right away, but I felt this was going the same way due to the delays. End of story.

I’m tired of this drama so I’m moving on. Feel free to continue debating. I’m sure there will be many more clever posts.

Thanks

Impressive tantrum.

I want to make something very clear. If you read through all 49 posts of this rediculous PM thread you will see that I never demanded more money but gave ample opportunity to match the best offer. I refunded his money immediately once he requested it. Given how long it took for him to send the payment after several chasers I was never confident that he wouldn't back out at any time so I did what nearly everyone else here would do and that's secure a deal that I was confident would pan out. I already had one person back out and request a refund because they changed their mind, which I granted right away, but I felt this was going the same way due to the delays. End of story.

I'm tired of this drama so I'm moving on. Feel free to continue debating. I'm sure there will be many more clever posts.

Thanks

Match the best offer?

He had already sent you payment! That you agreed to and acknowledged that you received.

When someone sends you money in the amount that you agreed to, that's not an offer. That's a done deal.

You're just digging a deeper hole for yourself here.

Anyone asking for friends and family or sending should be banned.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

OP, as you mentioned, dragging your feet didn't help the situation. However, once you sent the money the deal should be honored.

Fielding additional offers before the money is collected? Good idea. Fielding offers after the money is collected? Shady and really lacking in integrity.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

"I never demanded more money but gave you time to match or beat the offer"

uhhh no cheif. hit the road with that.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

you will see that I never demanded more money but gave ample opportunity to match the best offer.

Thanks

I had to LOL hard at this part of the comment. And lets just say the OP took the opportunity to match the $75, I bet there will be a magical offer that is higher than the last, this time I'll give you an opportunity to match the next best offer, please send $100 now.