2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

New Titleist TS drivers

LifeAfterBogeys

The headcover is a definite improvement in terms of quality over the 917D headcovers, not sure that it is genuine leather though.

One of the best imitation leathers I've seen.

Kinda partial cuz of how shiny it is =(. I like those premium leather head covers that Titleist makes but not for $90

I use those leather covers. They are so good!!! The TS covers look nice, but are TOO SHORT!

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

Yes. The leather on these is amazing!

Driver (10):  Titleist TSR3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
3 Wood (16.5):  Titleist TSR2 (Tour AD DI 7s)
Hybrid (19):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Hybrid (22):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Irons (5-G):  Titleist T100S (TT Elevate Tour)
Wedges:  54/58:  Vokey SM9 (PX LZ 6.0 -- Onyx)
Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas 2022

OK, so I took the "plunge" (sort of :rolleyes: ).

Mid-day on Wednesday is pretty quiet at the store so I took my Fusion inside and compared it directly to the TS2, TS3, both 9.5 and a 10.5 G400MAX.

Warmed up and hit the known entity, my Fusion. This was my first foray into the booth with the Fusion since getting the HZRDUS Black about a year ago and I was actually a bit surprised at the numbers. Using a tall tee (which I generally do anyway), I started off striping it right down the pipe. I've been hitting this combo SO well for the past year I wasn't all that surprised. But what WAS a little bit surprising was the spin rate. I was launching around 15-17* and the spin rate was routinely around 21-2200 or so. Frankly I thought it would be more like 25-2800 with a "higher spin" head. So Fusion, very good. :good:

So now that I'm warm and swinging well I try the TS2 with HZRDUS Smoke. Not bad, not bad at all. Even with the reports on here I was very surprised to see the spin down around 2000. Launch was similar to the Fusion. Dispersion, as expected ( I think any new combo takes a little bit of time to get truly comfortable with), not as good as my Fusion but not bad. I was actually surprised to see such low spin on the more forgiving of the 2 TS heads.

Now the TS3. Same shaft. Unlike what some have reported here I got a touch lower spin than the "2" but had dispersion issues. Not really severe but,,,,,,,,,,

Just for fun I tried the Evenflow White (65 S) in the TS2. The feel is noticeably more "boardier" than the Smoke but I've felt worse. Interestingly(?) I got a couple MORE MPG ball speed and the ball flew 2-4 yards further and, at around 1700 RPM, not surprisingly it ran out more than the others. But I couldn't turn it over (or hit it really straight) very much so control was a definite issue but perhaps a little more experimenting with the White may be called for.

G400MAX. First tried the stock Alta. I'd tried that shaft before in the regular G400 and didn't like it. Didn't like it any better in the MAX. Couldn't get in on line except by accident.

Then tried the Extorsion shaft. Definitely better but spin rate was high compared to the TS drivers, around 2700. Unfortunately this store doesn't stock any "exotic" Ping shafts so that was pretty much the end of that but I did try the "Tour" shaft even though I'd never gotten along very well with that shaft in other Ping drivers. Same thing now. Short and crooked for me.

So, net-net, not all the impressed with the MAX although I'd certainly like to give it some time with a lower lofted head and (especially) a HZRDUS or Evenflow - but I don't suspect anybody but Champion will carry those Ping specials,,,,,,,,,,,, so unlikely to be getting a MAX.

TS Drivers

It should be noted this was a somewhat abbreviated (40 minutes or so) test session so, since I didn't have the Titleist adjustment chart handy, I didn't get a chance to tweak the TS drivers. It's certainly possible I could get everything I'd be looking for with a little tweaking and the right shaft. If I could get another 3-5 carry and 5 more roll out I'd certainly be tempted to spring for either one. 1 club less into most greens would certainly be worth it to me.

Hope this helps.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Similar to above, had the TS3 with the same smoke shaft out for 18 today, i thought this would be just a more adjustable TS2, but the feel, sound and forgiveness isn't that close for me, so will give the TS2 another shot and decide if it's worth the £430 it's selling for in the UK. The biggest sell for me is the confidence i had in not having those big misses i can suffer with the epic sz, distance is much the same, a little shorter maybe but way more forgiving.

I was wondering if the TS3 could ever be set up the same as a TS2, i had the standard weight, standard loft, etc but wasn't that similar, does adding heavier weights make it more alike with the TS2, or is it not really worth it in the end?

Yes. The leather on these is amazing!

Did you pay retail on those babies?

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

Yes. When you compare to the cost of the Seamus covers (which I have) it is not that unreasonable.... imo

Yes. When you compare to the cost of the Seamus covers (which I have) it is not that unreasonable.... imo

100% agree. My 3 wood cover is getting softer. Super nice.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

I thought Seamus covers were around the same price? no?

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

Yes. Around the same.

The stock covers are garbage IMO and remind me of the Callaway XR ones which are horrible.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

The stock covers are garbage IMO and remind me of the Callaway XR ones which are horrible.

I thought so too at first, but the Titleist stock covers are growing on me.

I would say that they TS headcovers are an awful lot better than the 917D covers were.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Finally got to play a round with my ts3. Got to see it work in action vs a simulator. I was not disappointed. Ive been using a '17 m2 for the last two seasons, which I loved. But with the ts3 I only missed two fairways and those two weren't by much. I felt like it wasn't as long as my m2 (not enough to matter/notice) but I could shape the ball either way with ease and my dispersion was tight. The ts3 will be in the bag for a long time. This was also the first time I was fit for a driver/shaft, it for sure makes a difference.

Just picked up a TS3 today, 8.5 degree with the Hzrdus smoke 6.0. Was able to dial in roughly 15 degrees of launch with 1,800 spin and 150 mph ball speed.

These things launch high and spin low, and are very forgiving. They look very traditional/nice at address. I was swinging bad and just missing the sweetspot on darn near every swing and was still getting the ball out there past my current driver. We moved the weights into the toe and i could tell it was helping from shutting the face down through the ball as my miss is the dreaded snapper left.

If you like a traditional looking driver that sacrifices nothing in launch and spin, I think the TS3 is HANDS DOWN the best driver on the market.

PS - The headcovers look cheesy compared to my Scratch leather headcovers.

PPS - The Hzrdus Smoke in 6.5 is STOUT, my god. I could not get that thing to load with just under 110 swing speed.

Just picked up a TS3 today, 8.5 degree with the Hzrdus smoke 6.0. Was able to dial in roughly 15 degrees of launch with 1,800 spin and 150 mph ball speed.

These things launch high and spin low, and are very forgiving. They look very traditional/nice at address. I was swinging bad and just missing the sweetspot on darn near every swing and was still getting the ball out there past my current driver. We moved the weights into the toe and i could tell it was helping from shutting the face down through the ball as my miss is the dreaded snapper left.

If you like a traditional looking driver that sacrifices nothing in launch and spin, I think the TS3 is HANDS DOWN the best driver on the market.

PPS - The Hzrdus Smoke in 6.5 is STOUT, my god. I could not get that thing to load with just under 110 swing speed.

Found the same thing with the EvenFlow. I was swinging it at 109 and I was just getting nothing out of the 6.5. The 6.0 was money though. Ended up going down to 8.5 though which got the launch into a much nicer window.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Went to PGA Superstore today just because I was bored and never imagined I’d be walking out with a new ts3 driver. I was not in the market for a new driver and just wanted to hit some new stuff ts2/ts3/srixon785. TS3 was a clear winner for me.

Went with the TS3 8.5 with the smoke 6.5 shaft. Was getting 13 degree launch with 2200 spin with a consistent baby draw. Hit the same exact shot time after time. Hopefully on course results are the same but was very impressed.

Titleist TSI3 9* - Graphite Design AD IZ 6X

Callaway Epic Speed 15* - Hzrdous Smoke 

Titleist TS2 19 Hybrid - Hzrdous Smoke

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW - Project X IO

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54*

Taylor Made Hi Toe 58*

Bettinardi Hive BB 34 DASS

TItleist ProV1

I'm 107 to 110, I found durring the fitting that the Smoke 60 6.5 was quite nice, I could definitely feel it loading. However when I got my club the shaft in the 6.5 felt like it was a tad bit stout.

I think I'm either going to use my KK XT Xflex or my Elements Platinum F5 and sell the smoke. Maybe get a Mitsubishi DF 60 X also.

Curious on thoughts of anyone with higher swing speed (115+) and their findings with the TS3. Might have to order mine blind and not sure of 8.5 or 9.5 head.

Compared to a g400 LST, would you consider this head higher, lower, or similar launching in similar loft?

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4
Fairway: TSi2 3 & 5 PX RDX Black 6.5
Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 3 4-P
Wedges: Zipcore Tour Rack 50/54/60
Putter: 2021 Ping Tyne CS

Curious on thoughts of anyone with higher swing speed (115+) and their findings with the TS3. Might have to order mine blind and not sure of 8.5 or 9.5 head.

Compared to a g400 LST, would you consider this head higher, lower, or similar launching in similar loft?

I went 8.5 TS3 with the 75 gram EF white 6.5. It was spinning only slightly more than my M3 set to 9 with Synergy Black Proto 70TX. My spin numbers were also much more consistent with the Titleist. Also, just for reference, I’m normally 117-118 on Flightscope, but was seeing 121 on Trackman the day I was fitted, which seems high.

Driver: Epic  Max LS  - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Fairway: Epic Speed 13.5 - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 - Tensei Pro White - 100TX
4-P: Ping Blueprints - X100
Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 51F, 55F, and 59 low-bounce K - DG TI S400 
Putter: 21' Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: 21' TP5X

Has anyone played a TS3 with AVX ball? I tried 915D3 and AVX ball , flight was higher than M3/AVX

Yes I have been playing the AVX with the G400 and demo'd the TS3 with the AVX and it was insanely different.

I play the AVX and TS3 combo myself, early days yet as I have only a couple of rounds under my belt I have seen some very nice long drives, where I am things are pretty dry so a lot of the extra distance I have been seeing is also down to the extra roll I am getting.

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour 

Just loving my TS2 Smoke combo. Confidence inspiring. Regaining lost distance that comes with increasing age. Staying in play. Looking great to my eye. Best feeling driver I’ve owned. Simply no reason to stray for me.

Could not agree more with your findings. I have the same set up incredibly forgiving driver , feel is outstanding.

gb

Just loving my TS2 Smoke combo. Confidence inspiring. Regaining lost distance that comes with increasing age. Staying in play. Looking great to my eye. Best feeling driver I’ve owned. Simply no reason to stray for me.

Could not agree more with your findings. I have the same set up incredibly forgiving driver , feel is outstanding.

gb

Also agree

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

So I went over to a titleist Thursdays event last week, I hadn’t booked in as I wasn’t sure when I would get away from work but the guy was able to get me 25 minutes with him so that was good.

Currently I’m hitting a 915 D2. Aldila rogue black shaft, stiff. 10.5degrees, lofted right up in the maximum position. Mainly because I like that big high ball flight. On the day I was crunching (for me) my own driver, which is probably a good thing in a fitting to get a good baseline. Dispersion very tight, all 5 on the fairway without a doubt. Carry average 232. Swingspeed average 92/93 I think. Can’t remember ball speed.

We started working through the various options and yes, ball speed and carry went up. I think I was able to get an extra 5mph of ball speed on average and about 10 extra yards carry. Once he got rid of my super high loft we got a good bit extra roll out as well. However, despite all of that, we couldn’t replicate how tight I could get my own driver. I think we tried most of the stock shafts and whilst I was putting it out there, it wasn’t under control.

I did ask him to give me a shot of my own shaft in a TS3 head but he mumbled about the shaft being too heavy for me and him having another customer booked in. I’m not sure if he was just trying to avoid the fact that the rogue black isn’t a stock shaft anymore. No idea, he did seem a good guy though and I wasn’t getting a hard sell off him or anything so apart from not putting my shaft in it, I had no complaints.

For me, I could see the ball speed gains without a doubt but I had no control, an extra 10/15 yards isn’t going to help me if its not on the fairway, and certainly not for an extra £450.

My local range is good with me and will give me a TS3 for a session, I might take my hozel wrench down and swap my own shaft in there and see if there is anything in it.

Or maybe TS just doesn’t suit me.

So I went over to a titleist Thursdays event last week, I hadn’t booked in as I wasn’t sure when I would get away from work but the guy was able to get me 25 minutes with him so that was good.

Currently I’m hitting a 915 D2. Aldila rogue black shaft, stiff. 10.5degrees, lofted right up in the maximum position. Mainly because I like that big high ball flight. On the day I was crunching (for me) my own driver, which is probably a good thing in a fitting to get a good baseline. Dispersion very tight, all 5 on the fairway without a doubt. Carry average 232. Swingspeed average 92/93 I think. Can’t remember ball speed.

We started working through the various options and yes, ball speed and carry went up. I think I was able to get an extra 5mph of ball speed on average and about 10 extra yards carry. Once he got rid of my super high loft we got a good bit extra roll out as well. However, despite all of that, we couldn’t replicate how tight I could get my own driver. I think we tried most of the stock shafts and whilst I was putting it out there, it wasn’t under control.

I did ask him to give me a shot of my own shaft in a TS3 head but he mumbled about the shaft being too heavy for me and him having another customer booked in. I’m not sure if he was just trying to avoid the fact that the rogue black isn’t a stock shaft anymore. No idea, he did seem a good guy though and I wasn’t getting a hard sell off him or anything so apart from not putting my shaft in it, I had no complaints.

For me, I could see the ball speed gains without a doubt but I had no control, an extra 10/15 yards isn’t going to help me if its not on the fairway, and certainly not for an extra £450.

My local range is good with me and will give me a TS3 for a session, I might take my hozel wrench down and swap my own shaft in there and see if there is anything in it.

Or maybe TS just doesn’t suit me.

Wow just experienced the same thing myself. For whatever reason you can't even custom order the Rogue Black 60 with any of the TS drivers.

Does anyone know why? I'm assuming because some other stock offer competes so close the Rogue Black 60; is that the the new Tensei AV 60?

Something is up with the Rogue Black in general, I hit the TS against the Callaway Rogue and Callaway doesn't offer the Rogue Black 60 anymore either.