2018 LPGA KEB Hana Bank Championship Oct 11-14

Argonne69

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Nice leaderboard. It feels like we're back at the International Crown with Ariya and Sung Hyun at the top slugging it out. They're joined by Charley and Danielle, who seems to have found a spark. Nasa didn't quite have the same success in the 2nd round, but she's still in the mix along with Lydia at 2 back.

ย 

Conditions look they they're still tough, with the bottom of the pack in double digits over par.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat)ย - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Michelle Wie hits 9 fairways and 13 greens and shoots 4 over. How?

ย 

33 putts? No blow up holes, but six bogies. I wish the tour published scrambling stats. It would appear that she failed to get up and down on her 5 missed greens, and three putted at least one green (in reg).

Danielle Kang could have a point to prove to the selectors of the IC USA team here. They would rather risk an injured MW? with no leadup form to Danielle with some average leadup form. Still MW has superstar status on the LPGA and would attract more attention! I guess there was never a chance MW would stand down for the sake of the teams chances....

We are getting 5 hours of continuous commercial free coverage on Sky Sport here every day.....probably see a little more of Lydia today.

ย 

I wasnโ€™t aware that there were โ€œselectorsโ€ for the IC teams. I thought Wei just played better over the qualifying period and therefore earned more points than D Kang.

That's correct, the IC team is selected based on the World rankings as of 7/2/18. There is no selection team.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

I'm staying at the same guesthouse as Amy Olsen's caddie. Over breakfast we're talking. She says hold on and walks in her room. She comes back and drops a weekly pass next to me. How cool is that! It's $100 over the weekend and $30 today.

ย 

Class by Amy on this one. Once again take note PGA pros, this is how you show fan appreciation. I know, they aren't exactly hurting for fans, but at least don't treat them like lepers.

Two KLPGA players are in the top 12, Seon Woo Bae, and Ji Hyun Kim. Seon Woo was the winner last week at the KLPGA's final major of the season. Ji Hyun had a top 10 finish at this year's U.S. Women's Open. It's unlikely that they're going to catch the leaders, but a strong moving day could give them a shot. Jin Young shot 66 in the 3rd round last year to set herself up for the win.

ย 

Charley has to be itching for a win. It's been nearly 2 years. Her season up to this point has been forgettable. She hasn't had a top 10 since June. 'Same goes for Danielle. She's had one top 10 since June, and has missed the cut in 6 of her last 8 starts. 'Looks like Danielle followed Lydia's path, and has recently dumped David Leadbetter.

Looks like Danielle followed Lydia's path, and has recently dumped David Leadbetter.

Best thing they could have done. That man is a career killer long-term.

DRIVER:ย  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:ย  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:ย  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:ย  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:ย  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grindย 

PUTTER:ย  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:ย  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:ย  Testing

A man has to have options!

ย 

Michelle Wie hits 9 fairways and 13 greens and shoots 4 over. How?

ย 

33 putts? No blow up holes, but six bogies. I wish the tour published scrambling stats. It would appear that she failed to get up and down on her 5 missed greens, and three putted at least one green (in reg).

Danielle Kang could have a point to prove to the selectors of the IC USA team here. They would rather risk an injured MW? with no leadup form to Danielle with some average leadup form. Still MW has superstar status on the LPGA and would attract more attention! I guess there was never a chance MW would stand down for the sake of the teams chances....

We are getting 5 hours of continuous commercial free coverage on Sky Sport here every day.....probably see a little more of Lydia today.

ย 

ย 

They mentioned Wie on PTI yesterday, I guess it's her 29th or 30th birthday - anyway they said something along the lines of she's had a decent career but has massively underachieved expectations. Wilbon said something like he pulls for her every tournament she tee's it up because she's been such a disappointment, based on what was originally expected.

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*ย  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300ย 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

I'm pulling for Kang - really wanted to see her at IC but that's another thread/discussion lol so won't drag it into here. Did anyone notice the double birds she shot (in jest) to her caddie after making that carry on the 5th lol. You know he was telling here she couldn't make it and wanted a different shot, then she just went a ahead and pulled it off (although barely ;)) Just fun to watch her play.

ย 

Odd jump in the tape delay, they went from 6th hole then jumped to 14 or 15 I think - hate it when they do that but I guess they want to fit the marquee groups into the shorter viewing window I guess. Unfortunately we missed something that happened to Kang on the previous holes, the announcers mentioned something about her steaming, after the birdie on the current hole said something like all is well with Danielle and her caddie, but didn't offer much more info - I checked her scorecard - she had gotten to -9 but then had 3 strait bogies...so that must be what they were referring to.

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*ย  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300ย 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

Ooh, this is going to be fun. Charley and Danielle hold a one shot lead after the 3rd round over Ariya, with In Gee, Minjee, and Lydia two shots back. In Gee shoots a nice 66 to climb into contention. Seon Woo and Sung Hyun are only 3 back. Looks like it's going to be a photo finish.

Great looking final day. Pretty good turn out, too.

Why is that LPGA does not schedule more tournaments in S. Korea? This almost has a feeling of a major. Far more than current set of 5 majors.

ย 

Swap the Evian with a major in Korea. I think it`s fair considering 40 of the top 100 female golfers are Korean.

It was a bit hard to tell with the chopped, errr, I mean edited video, but Lydia sure seem to miss a lot of makeable birdie putts.

ย 

The players' bunker play is incredible. Some days I feel like I'm lucky just to get it on the green, never mind within tap in distance.

Why is that LPGA does not schedule more tournaments in S. Korea? This almost has a feeling of a major. Far more than current set of 5 majors.

ย 

The LPGA heard you. They've scheduled another event in Busan next year.

Unfortunately the Busan event will replace this one. It will be called the BMW next year. So kids, this is it. Say goodbye to Sky72. Word is Busan will be the Asian headquarters of the LPGA. The Daytona Beach of the east. :-)

ย 

The LPGA heard you. They've scheduled another event in Busan next year.

Unfortunately the Busan event will replace this one. It will be called the BMW next year. So kids, this is it. Say goodbye to Sky72. Word is Busan will be the Asian headquarters of the LPGA. The Daytona Beach of the east. :-)

ย 

I guess Randall Mell at Golf Channel was wrong (which doesn't surprise me). This is from his article that he posted just last night:

ย 

"The South Koreans usually get just one shot at seeing the LPGA come through their country, and that intensifies their reactions. They get two chances this year, and theyโ€™ll get two regular tour stops beginning next year, with the BMW Group Korea in Buson launching in 2019."

ย 

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/randall-mell/fantasyland-womens-golf-oasis-korea/

Really surprised they didn't show more of In Gee making a run during the last 4 holes. They showed her third shot hit within 15 feet on 18, then nothing. She birdied that one so it would have been nice to see. Oh well, a real fest of fun players to watch in the final groups tomorrow. Marquee group for me is Lyds, Minjee and In Gee.

Really surprised they didn't show more of In Gee making a run during the last 4 holes. They showed her third shot hit within 15 feet on 18, then nothing. She birdied that one so it would have been nice to see. Oh well, a real fest of fun players to watch in the final groups tomorrow. Marquee group for me is Lyds, Minjee and In Gee.

ย 

Hopefully we'll see more of her in the final round. She's -3 after 5 holes, and has grabbed a share of the lead.

I was about to ask, "Where are all the posts?!", but I guess there is some sort of North American pact to not talk about this until you've all got up and watched a delayed or recorded telecast.

ย 

It actually suits me anyway. i know the result, but I'm only up to the start of R2 in my viewing. I'll be full of opinions later, by about Friday.

The Wife and I stayed up until midnight to see In Gee win. We watched the Golf Channel live stream on our tablet the last two nights. The coverage on the stream was excellent. This was a great tournament with great groupings and marquee players. The final round was pure excitement. This was a much better tourney than the CIMB PGA.

ย 

I/We could watch In Gee swing a golf club all day, her swing is beautiful. I,m glad both her hair and her confidence are starting to come back! ;-P

ย 

The biggest surprise to me was how much SHP struggled, but hey even for the pros...Golf Is Hard.

Maybe I am old fashioned but Lydia's new look disturbs me. She looks gaunt and underweight.

ย 

Has she grown in height? Or is it just the lost weight that makes her look taller?

ย 

She used to be very recognizable from a distance because of her distinctive figure. Now, not so much, but I think she looks good.

ย 

And I donโ€™t think the fake blonde hair is a good look for Lydia or Danielle are Michelle.

ย 

Agreed. I have a tough enough time telling who's who. Hair style/colour/length was always a good clue. I saw Danielle from the back and thought she was Charley Hull!

Maybe I am old fashioned but Lydia's new look disturbs me. She looks gaunt and underweight.

ย 

Has she grown in height? Or is it just the lost weight that makes her look taller?

ย 

She used to be very recognizable from a distance because of her distinctive figure. Now, not so much, but I think she looks good.

ย 

And I donโ€™t think the fake blonde hair is a good look for Lydia or Danielle are Michelle.

ย 

Agreed. I have a tough enough time telling who's who. Hair style/colour/length was always a good clue. I saw Danielle from the back and thought she was Charley Hull!

ย 

I actually mistook Lydia for Pernilla a couple times.

Badass chip in by In Gee under the gun. I want to see In Gee 2.0. No more Ms Nice Guy.

ย 

I really hope this is the case, the dawn of a new era of In Gee. In which she is less concerned with charming every last person in the galleries, and more concerned with stepping on throats, of competitors.

ย 

The chip-in on 13 was like, a career moment. She had a great lie on the fringe. Most people in the world, pro or am, would have putted that. Not sure if even Phil would've chipped there. I was so surprised to see her grab a wedge, especially at that critical juncture. I think the whole world was.

ย 

ย 

What a great tournament. Best possible winner I'd say. And a memorable two weeks in Korea. ROK shines in the IC, In Gee wins an LPGA title in front of her loyal Flying Dumbos, and Chella Choi's annual dinner party finally gets the recognition it deserves.