2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Srixon's new Z785 driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

Final thoughts:

I moved on from mine.

I hated the PO, felt soft and couldnt hit anything except a draw with it.

The srixon head felt great and launched nicely, definitely low spin. However i could not hit anything but heel strikes. I could not hit the high toe no matter what i tried. Also the head just wanted to go left on me.

I had the Z785 with my Pro White prototype ive played for last 24 months and i brought it into a local golf shop that has a GC Quad, hit it against a Ping G400LS with Tour65x and Titleist TS3 Evenflow white T1100 65x. Both combos blew it out of the water in ball speed. Ping was 3-4mph faster and Titleist another 3 faster than ping. Both the Ping and Titleist were going straight to baby fade on GCQuad where the srixon was showing its hook prowess like ive seen on course.

Now keep in mind i couldnt find anything but heel on the srixon so im sure that affected the ballspeed results.

Long story short, i bought the TS3 on the spot and installed my PW shaft at same length as always (44.5") and i hit the center and high toe every time. Played yesterday and loving the combo.

Once the Z785 head arrives, we'll see if it acts the same way while up North. lol

Lol! Maybe its the lie angle for my swing. As a +cap i never have trouble finding the center of the face. I hope it works out for you. The head launched and felt incredible. Just not for me
  • AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final thoughts:

I moved on from mine.

The srixon head felt great and launched nicely, definitely low spin. However i could not hit anything but heel strikes. I could not hit the high toe no matter what i tried. Also the head just wanted to go left on me.

I had the Z785 with my Pro White prototype ive played for last 24 months and i brought it into a local golf shop that has a GC Quad, hit it against a Ping G400LS with Tour65x and Titleist TS3 Evenflow white T1100 65x. Both combos blew it out of the water in ball speed. Ping was 3-4mph faster and Titleist another 3 faster than ping. Both the Ping and Titleist were going straight to baby fade on GCQuad where the srixon was showing its hook prowess like ive seen on course.

Now keep in mind i couldnt find anything but heel on the srixon so im sure that affected the ballspeed results.

Long story short, i bought the TS3 on the spot and installed my PW shaft at same length as always (44.5") and i hit the center and high toe every time. Played yesterday and loving the combo.

Once the Z785 head arrives, we'll see if it acts the same way while up North. lol

Lol! Maybe its the lie angle for my swing. As a +cap i never have trouble finding the center of the face. I hope it works out for you. The head launched and felt incredible. Just not for me

Im thinking the longer length and maybe too upright of a lie causes this?

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Final thoughts:

I moved on from mine.

Im thinking the longer length and maybe too upright of a lie causes this?

I had my PW at 44.5 and i had the PO at that length as well. Hotmelted to match at D4. IDK, sometimes its just not a fit. I really loved the look at address and the sound/feel. Sleeper head for sure if proper fit.
  • AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

I had my PW at 44.5 and i had the PO at that length as well. Hotmelted to match at D4. IDK, sometimes its just not a fit. I really loved the look at address and the sound/feel. Sleeper head for sure if proper fit.

Well, I have a couple of shafts to try, first will be the SYERGY proto 60TX

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Im going to cancel my order. My local shop had the same combo as I ordered. I though the driver performed well but not any better than my Epic. What I did notice is that on the shots I did hit it, it was tough to feel where on the face the drive was struck (I get better feedback with my epic). Head just felt a touch light to me but it performed really well so I dont have any complaints with it. For the guys who are waiting for theirs to come in, I think you will be very very happy if your current driver is not perfectly tuned for you.

I seen em in store and lie angle looks way too upright on both, especially the 585.....hook city

Clubs actually have a cheap look about them, idk just a feeling I got...not to crazy about headshapes.....I never hit this driver cuz of the look......am sure it goes great, lots positive reviews around so sure it will do well

PS: poosible tho maybe at shorter playing length the lie would flatten out a bit....club did seem pretty long setting it on floor but idk if it is

Got to hit the 785 today finally. I really enjoyed it. It's as good as anything else I have tried. Was getting more consistent and faster ball speeds than I got with the TS3. I think this driver is beautiful looking, Srixon did a fantastic job with this line.... I am loving my G400 right now or I would have walked out with it today.

Was swinging anywhere from 100-103, ball speeds were 148-150, LA around 15-16*, spin was in the low to mid 2000s which I liked, and carrying anywhere from 250-260... This was a 10.5* dialed down 1*, I just picked it up and hit it as it was set up.. seemed to launch pretty high but I would love to try a 9.5*. I will grab one of these when the prices come down, I just can't spend $500+ when the G400 is as good as it is.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

If you order from Srixon directly they offer 60 day money back promise. I got 2 and I'll likely end up returning them both after my fitting in a few weeks as I don't think I get along with the shafts. Actually considering taking my old Evo II and getting it retipped for the Srixon just to see if I can get it to behave better on course. The head itself is extremely forgiving and it's just as fast as anything else out there. Fairly low spin, too.

Im going to cancel my order. My local shop had the same combo as I ordered. I though the driver performed well but not any better than my Epic. What I did notice is that on the shots I did hit it, it was tough to feel where on the face the drive was struck (I get better feedback with my epic). Head just felt a touch light to me but it performed really well so I dont have any complaints with it. For the guys who are waiting for theirs to come in, I think you will be very very happy if your current driver is not perfectly tuned for you.

Well looks like Im not cancelling my order lol. Scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I woulda though this was the hybrid since that was supposed to ship on 9/27/18. Srixon is all sorts of messed up. Wanted the hybrid more than the driver

Ordered early September and after a bunch of delays was told it was shipping today. Checked today and guess what? Not for a couple more weeks. Every time its a couple more weeks and a couple more weeks. Really annoyed at how Srixon is handling this and the info they are passing along to the site sponsor I ordered from.

I ordered mine on 9/11 with the PO and was told this week early November. As most have said that shaft was very difficult to keep in stock. I think I have also been bumped down the list because I didnt pay retail.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* set to 8* UST Mamiya LINQ Purple 7F5
Callaway Epic Flash 15* set to 14* UST V2 Tour 8F5
Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 18* UST Recoil Prototype 110F5 2* Flat
Srixon 785/Z Forged DGTI X100 2* Flat
Vokey SM8 Black 50/56/62 DGTI Onyx X100/S400 2* Flat
EVNROLL ER7/Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback both have Stability Shafts and P2 Aware Tour Grips
Snell MTB-X

Sucks to hear about the delays.... My local shop has a few on the rack, but not too many. Making me think I should grab one soon...LOL

The 585 does sit pretty closed and the head shape is a little more pointy at the rear... the 785 is beautiful though.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

Just ordered the Z785 with HZRDUS Red in Stiff. Hope to have in a couple of weeks. Current gamer is 917 D2 with Diamana Red Stiff tipped 1/2 inch playing at 45.5. Ordered the Z785 at their standard length which lists at 45 1/4 but some have said that is comes in a little longer than that. Swing speed is in mid 90's.

3rd range session in the books. Cool weather here in Cincy, temps were mid 50s. Hurting wind off the left. Club performed well. I really can go after this combo and play my preferred fade off the T. Was holding a pretty straight line going against the L to R wind (Im a lefty). This club is such an improvement over the 765 IMHO. Too bad I probably wont get out for a round - kids soccer is killing me and that wont end until 11/5 with the last weekend being in St Louis and no clubs will be going on that trip.

This is a great stick - try it out.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

I ordered mine on 9/11 with the PO and was told this week early November. As most have said that shaft was very difficult to keep in stock. I think I have also been bumped down the list because I didnt pay retail.

I did not pay the $499 retail price either, I do not think this is it.

I wonder if it somehow matters who you ordered it from

Yeah, not sure it works that way.

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

Changed shafts yesterday after being told mid to late november on the tensei pro orange TX70. Was told during chat 200 + open orders. Figure if it keeps getting delayed over and over again might not see the club until 2019. Decided to go with HC Evenflow Blue X. Hope to see it within a week or so. Got free 2nd day air and additional weight so not bad.

What does everyone think about this shaft. Swing speed 109-113. I've hit the stock option in Rogue SZ and liked it. Never hit HC version

I'm putting my 3rd round on these drivers tomorrow. So far here is my anecdotal experience:

Round 1: Used the 9.5* head with a 60TX Tensei Pro Blue

-Very straight, miss was a pull (trying to hit mostly fades) Hit 2 drives over 300 which is fairly rare for me. Enjoyed the feel and sound a lot.

Round 2: Used the 10.5* head with 6.5 Evenflow Blue 65

-Hitting big push cuts all day (trying for mostly fades again), couldn't draw or pull the ball to save my life. Flight was MUCH higher.. Wasn't super impressed. Could have been me not getting along with the shaft though.

Round 3: I plan to bring along the 10.5* and 9.5* heads with just the Pro Blue shaft. I've also put a few strips of lead tape on each head as I found the SW on the 10.5* with EFB was C9, and D0 with the Pro Blue. That could have had something to do with the 10.5* head not working well. On the simulator it was a beast, I was around 157-158 ball speed and 290 total yards.

Have noticed that some are receiving orders shipped thru Fed Ex and some are receiving thru UPS. What is the standard shipping method for Srixon?

Thanks, Bruce

Mine came FedEx.

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

I placed my order today for the driver through 785 pw. Is anyone having delays that ordered a PX Hzrdus Black in the driver or fairways? I did order all of my shafts uncut? Would that cause a further delay in shipping?

I was told that any deviation from bone stock meant that it was a custom order. I would assume that means youre going to have at least the normal 2-3 business day delay for the custom shop.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Changed shafts yesterday after being told mid to late november on the tensei pro orange TX70. Was told during chat 200 + open orders. Figure if it keeps getting delayed over and over again might not see the club until 2019. Decided to go with HC Evenflow Blue X. Hope to see it within a week or so. Got free 2nd day air and additional weight so not bad.

What does everyone think about this shaft. Swing speed 109-113. I've hit the stock option in Rogue SZ and liked it. Never hit HC version

At 113mph you may over power the 6.5 a bit. I'm around 106-107 with the 6.5 and I can feel it loading a decent amount. I mean... you likely load the shaft differently than me so if you're very smooth this might work out great.

I have both 60TX tensei pro blue and that shaft and I find the Pro blue to have a bit more stability. I feel like I can go all out with it, whereas with the EFB it doesn't feel quite as stable. I also think the balance point on EFB is higher... I got both these cut to play at 44.5'' and the head with EFB measured C9 and the PB measured D0.

got mine today with the PX Black I most definitely assumed I would swap shafts, it is cold and windy in Cleveland. This is the real deal, I had my trusty G400 max and this Srixon out performed in every aspect I really wanted to hate this driver and place it in the BST ASAP but not the case, the Ping just sold lol. It is high and long, i did cut it down .25 and weight seems fine. Great job on this driver Srixon!

Signature of Solon CC

Mizuno STX 230 10.5 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

I placed my order today for the driver through 785 pw. Is anyone having delays that ordered a PX Hzrdus Black in the driver or fairways? I did order all of my shafts uncut? Would that cause a further delay in shipping?

I was told that any deviation from bone stock meant that it was a custom order. I would assume that means youre going to have at least the normal 2-3 business day delay for the custom shop.

I was afraid of that, but didn’t trust Srixon to trim the shafts properly after following all the reviews in the new Srixon threads. Maybe I’ll get them before the end of the month. Thanks for the reply!