2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Now that I'm getting ready to retire in March...

Does that include getting up at 4 am on weekends? :happy:

Yes because I'll still have to clock in, in order to get benefits :taunt: Actually I will get up with my DW because her retirement is still a few years away. So I'll want to see her in the morning. Then probably go back to bed before I begin my important work day.... do whatever retired people do.... I know that one of the big jobs I have lined up already since I'm retiring at the end of March, and I've been putting this off since I've been working, and it really is a 4 day job, but I'm planning to take 4 days starting probably around- well, I guess I'll wait till the end of the second week I'm off, maybe towards the end, say starting Thursday April 11th, and watch what is called The Masters Tournament on TV. It's a golf tournament, pretty popular, comes from Augusta. So, I know it will be a struggle, but hey, I think I can do it. Dang, retirement, I knew I'd get busy right away.... :golfer:

Yep, life is going to be rough in retirement. I re-engaged with our cable company and signed up for

Spectrum internet TV; at a much reduced price than what the "cable" tv was costing us. They came

out and gave us a new upgraded wireless modem too. Of course, it all comes into the house via

cable, lol.

One of the benefits of going this route is no more of this paying extra for more TVs,or paying extra

for DVR features, pausing live TV, no HD boxes, etc. We already have our Roku system so

we can connect to the Spectrum TV using that system. Things are certainly changing for the better.

When consumers start voting with their feet these companies begin to pay attention and make

changes.

So, now I'll be watching The Master's with you Sixty.

Now I can watch golf again, football.....all the channels I had before plus many more....for far less

that what we were paying before.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Our older Canon printer died last month. We experienced a power surge or something during a thunderstorm and despite having all our computer geared hooked up through a circuit breaker protected power bar we lost the router and then the printer within days of one another.

Haven't had the need to print anything recently, so have avoided going out and getting another printer. Today was the day to get that printer. No particular reason just that it would be nice to print the odd thing off on occasion even if it's our football tickets in two weeks and some hockey tickets I bought for the same week.

WE went to one of the local big box computer retailers, the same one where we bought our new router. The choice was simple, either a Canon on the cheap or an Epson on the not so cheap. Went with the Canon for $60 for an all-in-one printer including fax. Huh? The ink cartridges cost the same as the printer! Hopefully we'll get a couple of years out of it.

Next came the installation. There were a handful of vague pictograms describing what to do, a CD that my tower took in and promptly puked out; lastly a web address to download the appropriate software. Took a few attempts to get the system to recognize the printer in order to communicate with it. The printer kept wanting to talk to my neighbour's router! eventually after several attempts and several face palms the printer decided to play nice and the software decided to download. 45 minutes later I could begin the set-up and within another few minutes had a test page. Next thing I know there is another page being printed with my wife all smiles as she just printed airline ticket confirmation from her iPad. OK, two can play at this game so I installed the appropriate app on my phone and then printed from that. Pretty cool actually. I lost track of the number of times I had to e-mail a pic from my phone in order to print it off of the desktop machine. Don't know how long it will last but technology is a beautiful thing when it wants to work. Even an old fart like me can get the stuff to work now even though the process seems to defy all logic much of the time...

:beruo:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

pl

..ink

..o

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Yes because I'll still have to clock in, in order to get benefits :taunt: Actually I will get up with my DW because her retirement is still a few years away. So I'll want to see her in the morning. Then probably go back to bed before I begin my important work day.... do whatever retired people do.... I know that one of the big jobs I have lined up already since I'm retiring at the end of March, and I've been putting this off since I've been working, and it really is a 4 day job, but I'm planning to take 4 days starting probably around- well, I guess I'll wait till the end of the second week I'm off, maybe towards the end, say starting Thursday April 11th, and watch what is called The Masters Tournament on TV. It's a golf tournament, pretty popular, comes from Augusta. So, I know it will be a struggle, but hey, I think I can do it. Dang, retirement, I knew I'd get busy right away.... :golfer:

Yep, life is going to be rough in retirement. I re-engaged with our cable company and signed up for

Spectrum internet TV; at a much reduced price than what the "cable" tv was costing us. They came

out and gave us a new upgraded wireless modem too. Of course, it all comes into the house via

cable, lol.

One of the benefits of going this route is no more of this paying extra for more TVs,or paying extra

for DVR features, pausing live TV, no HD boxes, etc. We already have our Roku system so

we can connect to the Spectrum TV using that system. Things are certainly changing for the better.

When consumers start voting with their feet these companies begin to pay attention and make

changes.

So, now I'll be watching The Master's with you Sixty.

Now I can watch golf again, football.....all the channels I had before plus many more....for far less

that what we were paying before.

Yes it will be nice to see the Thursday/Friday coverage, especially since it's in the morning.

I've started liking the Euro tour early on Saturday mornings, just watch a bit, not too much, maybe 45 minutes or so, just for a bit different atmosphere, good golf, less 'perfect' courses, and to see/hear the nicer type of coverage they have I think, more relaxed and real, nice accents, the UK announcers...

I told you, never enough time. If you think it’s busy watching golf just wait untill DW retires.

pl

ant

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Our older Canon printer died last month. We experienced a power surge or something during a thunderstorm and despite having all our computer geared hooked up through a circuit breaker protected power bar we lost the router and then the printer within days of one another.

Haven't had the need to print anything recently, so have avoided going out and getting another printer. Today was the day to get that printer. No particular reason just that it would be nice to print the odd thing off on occasion even if it's our football tickets in two weeks and some hockey tickets I bought for the same week.

WE went to one of the local big box computer retailers, the same one where we bought our new router. The choice was simple, either a Canon on the cheap or an Epson on the not so cheap. Went with the Canon for $60 for an all-in-one printer including fax. Huh? The ink cartridges cost the same as the printer! Hopefully we'll get a couple of years out of it.

Next came the installation. There were a handful of vague pictograms describing what to do, a CD that my tower took in and promptly puked out; lastly a web address to download the appropriate software. Took a few attempts to get the system to recognize the printer in order to communicate with it. The printer kept wanting to talk to my neighbour's router! eventually after several attempts and several face palms the printer decided to play nice and the software decided to download. 45 minutes later I could begin the set-up and within another few minutes had a test page. Next thing I know there is another page being printed with my wife all smiles as she just printed airline ticket confirmation from her iPad. OK, two can play at this game so I installed the appropriate app on my phone and then printed from that. Pretty cool actually. I lost track of the number of times I had to e-mail a pic from my phone in order to print it off of the desktop machine. Don't know how long it will last but technology is a beautiful thing when it wants to work. Even an old fart like me can get the stuff to work now even though the process seems to defy all logic much of the time...

:beruo:

My son works with all this stuff and this weekend we have been trying to get the voice activated lights etc working. No matter what we have tried the reply is the same, nothing.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I told you, never enough time. If you think it’s busy watching golf just wait untill DW retires.

pl

ant

I know right?

ace

pl

ant

I know right?

ace

..uto....................Q's home planet.

SLED Gemini

All these fingers in slammed door stories are making me cringe. In high school a bunch of us were standing around looking under the hood of a late 50's or early 60's Ford pick-up. My hands with extended fingers were on the fender. Someone slammed the hood shut and got all eight of my fingers smashed in there. That big thick heavy hood was sprung so it wouldn't open without 3 or 4 guys getting on the hood to mash it down a little farther to finally get it to release. Wow the pain! I got them in ice water and the throbbing was baaaad! Amazing that I had nothing broken but they were black and blue and swollen for a couple of weeks. Could have changed my career not to mention no guitar or golf.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

All these fingers in slammed door stories are making me cringe. In high school a bunch of us were standing around looking under the hood of a late 50's or early 60's Ford pick-up. My hands with extended fingers were on the fender. Someone slammed the hood shut and got all eight of my fingers smashed in there. That big thick heavy hood was sprung so it wouldn't open without 3 or 4 guys getting on the hood to mash it down a little farther to finally get it to release. Wow the pain! I got them in ice water and the throbbing was baaaad! Amazing that I had nothing broken but they were black and blue and swollen for a couple of weeks. Could have changed my career not to mention no guitar or golf.

Wow, that makes me cringe just thinking about it. Close call!

SLED Gemini

You win ! mine was nothing compared to that ! wow !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

You win ! mine was nothing compared to that ! wow !

Absolutely no contest.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

This week was going to be a big clean up in the garden. At work son had several projects that could not be put off so this is the first week available for his holiday. Up to this week the weather has been perfect for the job we have to do, starting Friday it has rained almost continuous and will do so now untill next week end.

Result.

No garden projects will be completed this week.

Bummer.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Geez, the future is now

Terminator, much?

Especially notice how *it* moves its arms to counterbalance as a person would as it leaps.

Mind boggling to consider the possiblities for fusing AI intelligence to humanoid form robots....or fusing humans themselves to robot bodies.

Several people involved with this level of technology have said it would be counter productive to the continuation of the human race to continue down this path. The movies are not far off the realities.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Walked a quick nine yesterday at noon. Cold, around 50 degrees and windy. Was back in the car after about an hour. No one in the parking lot when I left.

I signed up to take an online course in contract law with Harvard EDX. A free audit of the course, unless you want a worthless certificate, which costs $125. I've been on the fence about wasting my time with schooling this late in life, but I figure I'll have something to occupy the winter. I'm actually getting tired of looking at cars I'll never have on the Internet.

Like my avatar and hero, Sonny Drysdale, I guess matriculating, even for a free class, also makes me a "handsome Harvard man."

My 85 year old pal tells me of a HS schoolmate of his. The guy was packed off to some college, driving a Packard convertible.

Keep warm, guys.

Sounds like a good idea you have there, Wriggles. I went back to school for 3 years from 2005-2007 to take a financial planning certificate program at the local community college. I had visions of a career change at that point in life, but that didn't materialize with the crash of 2008 and the resultant downsizing of the industry. Still, I have found the knowledge I gained invaluable over the subsequent years if for nothing more than our personal affairs.

I think that it's important to always strive to learn a new skill to keep our minds active, engaged and motivated. For me the game of bridge is filling that void at present and will most likely keep my occupied for many years to come picking up on the nuances of the game and countless conventions that can be played.

I've toyed with learning a new language too as I began with very rudimentary Spanish while on holiday about 6 years ago. Both of my sons have some working knowledge of Spanish from necessities of their work, so at least I would have someone to talk to occasionally even back here at home.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Walked a quick nine yesterday at noon. Cold, around 50 degrees and windy. Was back in the car after about an hour. No one in the parking lot when I left.

I signed up to take an online course in contract law with Harvard EDX. A free audit of the course, unless you want a worthless certificate, which costs $125. I've been on the fence about wasting my time with schooling this late in life, but I figure I'll have something to occupy the winter. I'm actually getting tired of looking at cars I'll never have on the Internet.

Like my avatar and hero, Sonny Drysdale, I guess matriculating, even for a free class, also makes me a "handsome Harvard man."

My 85 year old pal tells me of a HS schoolmate of his. The guy was packed off to some college, driving a Packard convertible.

Keep warm, guys.

Sounds like a great idea, especially for winter, keep busy and keep your mind active.

Packard eh? Very cool, kinda one of those other vehicles from days gone by from the good ole days. DeSoto, Studebaker, Edsel ha, Duesenberg, Pontiac Bonneville, Chevy Bel-Air, Ford Fairlane, just station wagons, these are some, just to name a few, there are many many others some of which we all had. When I met my wife, she had a Plymouth Valiant 6cyl.(slant 6) w/push button drive.

Keep warm, guys.

Sounds like a great idea, especially for winter, keep busy and keep your mind active.

Packard eh? Very cool, kinda one of those other vehicles from days gone by from the good ole days. DeSoto, Studebaker, Edsel ha, Duesenberg, Pontiac Bonneville, Chevy Bel-Air, Ford Fairlane, just station wagons, these are some, just to name a few, there are many many others some of which we all had. When I met my wife, she had a Plymouth Valiant 6cyl.(slant 6) w/push button drive.

I remember those. A buddy's older brother had a Chrysler with the push button automatic transmission. I think it may have been a 61 model. That would have been back in the early 70's.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Keep warm, guys.

I remember those. A buddy's older brother had a Chrysler with the push button automatic transmission. I think it may have been a 61 model. That would have been back in the early 70's.

had a 1955 Desoto Fireflight...gearshift was a lever in the dashboard. remember how all the interiors were colored to match the

outside.? some good looking seat covers...lots of leather... and the cloth ones were made to last a lifetime. None of this

wearing out in five years ...oh well...just another example of progress telling us the stuff today is better.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

had a 1955 Desoto Fireflight...gearshift was a lever in the dashboard. remember how all the interiors were colored to match the

outside.? some good looking seat covers...lots of leather... and the cloth ones were made to last a lifetime. None of this

wearing out in five years ...oh well...just another example of progress telling us the stuff today is better.

Fitting that you should choose to show a pic of that shifter set-up. I recall being in the UK on vacation in '74 I think. We were staying with various relatives as we moved from place-to-place via train. We spent a few nights in Glasgow with my Mom's cousin and her husband drove a Renault 7 I think. It too had a shifter in the dash and a manual to boot! Never saw anything like it this side of the pond until the Honda CRV came out with a dash mounted shifter in the second iteration of that model.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Looks like my poor ole Browns are getting their lunch and dinner eaten ...

Looks like my poor ole Browns are getting their lunch and dinner eaten ...

I think things will be looking up for the Browns in bit.

I'm glad I have 2 Alabama teams to root for cause the Auburn Tigers look to be in disarray.

Meanwhile the #1 Crimson Tide just keep rolling.

The #2 Georgia Bulldogs got shellacked by LSU 36-16.

Too bad Fella isn't around. Would like to congratulate on MSU's thrilling victory over Penn State.

MSU hosting the Wolvies next weekend. I imagine Fella is gonna be at the game. I'll be pulling

for your Spartans Fella; if you're reading by any chance. I don't like the Wolvies for some reason.

I want the Wolvies taken out, Georgia, too. Let Ohio State play Clemson in one playoff and let

Alabama feast on Notre Dame in the other.

Oops, wait, it's too early for playoff talk. :)

SLED Gemini

Wait. I almost forgot.............this is a golf website, right?

I'll go look for something golf related to post.

SLED Gemini

Well then, here we go.................football...............and golf!

http://youtu.be/lxjj06qCgv4

SLED Gemini

My Uncle Charlie had a 63 Chrysler Newport 4dr sedan. It had the push button transmission. I believe it had some sort of lever to release the park position. The other side of the dash had push buttons for the vents and heater, no A/C. It was a base model, no frills, just a plain Jane. I drove it a couple times, very nice driving car. My Dodge was positively posh compared to his 63, though.

Charlie loved that car, kept it until the late 1980's, then gave it away to a co worker, who put the engine and transmission in another Chrysler. Charlie swore off Chryslers after buying a beautiful 71 Fury III 4dr ht in 1973. He had nothing but trouble with the 71. I noticed the first time I saw it, that the trunk lid didn't quite match the rest of the car.

It’s funny reading some of the Grille posts, the diffference in the way we live, things we were passionate about over the years and things we in our own bubble we considered important or interesting. The cars, music, sports, all different, and the way we talk, the way a sentence is constructed. Some times I have to concentrate to make sure I get the drift. It’s an interesting journey in the Grille, learning how the other side of the world live love and leisure, be assured Grillers my world is a much better place with you all in it.

Busy at present working through all the tests, forms and pre op appointments for my DWs ablation, very comforting knowing the care they take before embarking on the operation.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)