2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Pure745's WITB

Picking up the Mizzy's tomorrow. Doing a driver fitting at Cool Clubs.. they have a better shaft selection to test vs. TPI/demo days which are just the stock Titleist offerings. After seeing how my Atmos Black performed in the same settings in the TS3, I think I can get a lot more out of the TS3 with a new shaft. I've been out of the shaft game for a while so I want to see what's new. Really interested in the new Diamana.

Is Josiah still running the Irvine location?

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

What finish did you go with on the S18’s

Never mind I see it the picture!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I hit the TS3 with T1100 EF white against my z785 and the Ping 400LST last friday on GCQuad. Ping beat z785 in ballspeed by 3mph and TS3 was another 3mph faster than the ping! Crazy thing was how good the mishits were with the TS3. I hit a couple that i thought would be off the map and were still in the fairway on GCquad. I bought the TS3 on the spot, installed the adapter on my Tensei Pro White 70tx at 44.5" and cotton filled the head back up to swingweight. (was afraid hotmelt would mess up the weight tube port).

Played yesterday and the driver sounds amazing now and is stupid long. Just an all around monster. I really like the EF T1100 as well but ive had the PW for 24 months and 3 drivers now and just know what to expect.

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

The 919 Tour irons are just about perfect.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the CTL on the course. I was fit for the same shafts - great numbers and felt lovely. So I got S-Tapers... :to_become_senile:

Also interested in how the S wedges work out. I tried a T7 wedge that I was given a few weeks ago and loved it - great feel and shape. And now they have decided to stop making them... Unbelievable!

Taylormade M1 440 - Tensei CK Pro Orange TX
Adams VST Hybrid (19) - GD AD-DI X
Tour Edge Exotics CB4 (4 wood) - GD AD-DI X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (5-PW) KBS S-Taper S
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (4) KBS S-Taper S
Taylormade Milled Grind (52 & 58, SB) - Nippon Modus 130 S
Taylormade Spider Tour (red) / Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport
Titleist Pro V1
Feeling sad and neglected: Taylormade P750 (4-PW) / Srixon 765 (4-PW) - Nippon Modus 3 130 S

The DF is where it’s at.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Any thoughts on 919T vs 718CB...I believe you had partial CB's at one point? Size and performance? Thanks.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

Jeez.. figured it out, I think.

Anyways :) New bag for now:

Driver: pending fitting - TS3 most likely

3WD: pending fitting - TS3 most likely

Mizuno MP18 SSC Fli Hi 3 iron

Mizuno 919 Tour - 4-9 iron - KBS C-Taper Lite X hard stepped

Mizuno S18 - 46, 50 - KBS C-Taper Lite X

Vokey 55S/60V - shaft pending

Scotty 009

I haven't played Mizuno's since a brief stint with the MP67 and before that was the MP14/29. Very encouraged based on what I have seen indoors during my fitting, they look and feel incredible. They are noticeably softer than the Titleists, I already knicked on just by putting a club in too hard.

For the driver, I'll do a fitting at Cool Clubs, my 917 is so good that this new one needs to be tested outdoor, my driver is an important club for me so it needs a little more specific fitting.. should be doing that this week. Specifically want to test the new Diamana and Kuro Kage.

witb%20new%201.jpg

Oh yeah.. recent picture of my Scotty debacle when unloading everything I had boxed when we moved.. :censored2:

scotty%20mess%201.jpg

Didn't you own a set of MP100 at some point (beautiful looking irons)? Or was that someone else?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Any thoughts on 919T vs 718CB...I believe you had partial CB's at one point? Size and performance? Thanks.

First round wasn't too great, 2nd round was much better. I feel like these clubs want to go much straighter, less spin, but still hitting it fairly high (but I"m a high ball hitter regardless). Much much better today, still getting used to the slight differences between the two. I'll take some comparison pics of the CB/MB's and SM7's vs the S18. I actually really like the S18 in the 46 and 50. Not sure I'd get them in the 56/60, definitely not the 60, love the V grind.

So far, I don't think you can go wrong with either. I can't say that the 919T is light years better than the 718 or visa versa.. after a few more rounds and some range time I can give you more detailed info. Today's round, very impressed with the 919T/CTL combo.

Didn't you own a set of MP100 at some point (beautiful looking irons)? Or was that someone else?

You're right! Last set was the MP100s!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

First round wasn't too great, 2nd round was much better. I feel like these clubs want to go much straighter, less spin, but still hitting it fairly high (but I"m a high ball hitter regardless). Much much better today, still getting used to the slight differences between the two. I'll take some comparison pics of the CB/MB's and SM7's vs the S18. I actually really like the S18 in the 46 and 50. Not sure I'd get them in the 56/60, definitely not the 60, love the V grind.

So far, I don't think you can go wrong with either. I can't say that the 919T is light years better than the 718 or visa versa.. after a few more rounds and some range time I can give you more detailed info. Today's round, very impressed with the 919T/CTL combo.

You know there won't be much of a performance difference. Remember you changed because of boredom :golfer: :D

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Thanks. I'm assuming the 919T's are slightly bigger than the 718CB's.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

Tai, curious your thoughts on forgiveness and distance compared to the CB/MB combo you had before, especially in the longer irons. I have the same combo (716s not 718s) and these new Mizzys have my attention.

I'll take pics this weekend. Another round today.. 33 on front, 40 on the back with a double on 18 (par 5), which stung. I'd say these are half a club longer than my Titleist set, sometimes a full club. I'd attribute it to the heads and the shafts are definitely lower in spin. They still feel/load different than the LZ's, but today I hit some nice shots with them. Every time I get into trouble is when I try to finesse a shot and just dump the club.. that happened a few times and ruined an otherwise really solid round - probably my best in a long while. I hit 2 shots over the green, but were pure, so can't be mad at that, and not PXG over the green, but slightly. One cost me by taking a hard bounce into a hazard long, the other just long and I got up and down. Liking the Fli Hi as well, better than the TMB and longer for me.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Tai, curious your thoughts on forgiveness and distance compared to the CB/MB combo you had before, especially in the longer irons. I have the same combo (716s not 718s) and these new Mizzys have my attention.

I'll take pics this weekend. Another round today.. 33 on front, 40 on the back with a double on 18 (par 5), which stung. I'd say these are half a club longer than my Titleist set, sometimes a full club. I'd attribute it to the heads and the shafts are definitely lower in spin. They still feel/load different than the LZ's, but today I hit some nice shots with them. Every time I get into trouble is when I try to finesse a shot and just dump the club.. that happened a few times and ruined an otherwise really solid round - probably my best in a long while. I hit 2 shots over the green, but were pure, so can't be mad at that, and not PXG over the green, but slightly. One cost me by taking a hard bounce into a hazard long, the other just long and I got up and down. Liking the Fli Hi as well, better than the TMB and longer for me.

Hmm I’ll take another 5-10 yards. I assume they’re also a little straighter and gentler on slight misses too? I’m with you on the FliHi, never got along with the T-MB, the FliHi is just better all over.

I hit 2 shots over the green, but were pure, so can't be mad at that, and not PXG over the green, but slightly.

:cheesy:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Who cares about Golf.... let's talk about the P car and more importantly let's get that thing to the track and put some laps in! :)

Lol! Yeah, debating on switching up the wheels on it now.. but that's a different forum topic :)

if you want to go with classic 2 piece P-car look may I suggest BBS LM-R

if you want to go with performance, and light weight may I suggest BBS FI or FI-R

and lastly, you can't go wrong with HREs..

I have FI on my E92 M3 and had FI-R on my F10 M5, very satisfied with the purchase.

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

Another WIN for the 919 Tours....! Goooooo Eddie....! ;)

#NetChampionshipSZN!!!

Who cares about Golf.... let's talk about the P car and more importantly let's get that thing to the track and put some laps in! :)

Lol! Yeah, debating on switching up the wheels on it now.. but that's a different forum topic :)

if you want to go with performance, and light weight may I suggest BBS FI or FI-R

I have FI on my E92 M3 and had FI-R on my F10 M5, very satisfied with the purchase.

I went all out.. got E88's arriving today (3 piece/race), don't like HRE's. I have both CH-R's in 20" and 19" E88, will keep both and sell the set I don't like as much :) Porsche fitment/offsets don't work with LM and LM-R.. really wanted 20" LM.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Volks on my E92 M3. Are we still on topic?

Taylormade M1 440 - Tensei CK Pro Orange TX
Adams VST Hybrid (19) - GD AD-DI X
Tour Edge Exotics CB4 (4 wood) - GD AD-DI X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (5-PW) KBS S-Taper S
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (4) KBS S-Taper S
Taylormade Milled Grind (52 & 58, SB) - Nippon Modus 130 S
Taylormade Spider Tour (red) / Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport
Titleist Pro V1
Feeling sad and neglected: Taylormade P750 (4-PW) / Srixon 765 (4-PW) - Nippon Modus 3 130 S

Tai,

How did you do to get those Vokeys (from awhile back) that blue color? Or was it a limited release?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Outdoor driver fitting completed this AM.. first time outdoor in a while, definitely a learning experience. Picked up 20-30 over the 917..

Digesting the results now :) Will post later.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Outdoor driver fitting completed this AM.. first time outdoor in a while, definitely a learning experience. Picked up 20-30 over the 917..

Digesting the results now :) Will post later.

Wow

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

Okay.. lots of data to digest.

I haven't done an in depth driver fitting since TPI for the D4, maybe 3 years ago? The "fittings" I've done of late have been half assed kinds of fittings to get a good idea and then "that's good enough" type of thing. I'm still kind of like that, but I've found such good results with the 917, I am not willing to give up "much" accuracy for distance. I played with a pro golfer in a $$ game a few weeks ago and he really pointed out how much my driver was spinning and how much more optimized I "should" be. I have my driver really good for my course where I can get away with really long carries and high ball flight, but that doesn't translate so well to other tracks where lower flight/spin is needed to get more out of my shots with wind etc.

So.. after loving my irons and doing the "good enough" iron fitting.. the driver is so important that I getting fit outside was a must. I've joked about how good the 917 is when I know most people (on here especially) think it's a dog.. the reality is that I've hit some really long drives with it, I can hang or hit past most of the "long" guys at my club and up and coming tour guys.. so I know it's not short.. but as I was telling someone, what really gets me going is how incredibly BAD I can hit it and it still goes straight.

I think we get too wrapped up in to what is good indoors on a monitor vs. what is the actual best driver in terms of playability. The 917 is exactly that.. it really sucks on Trackman and everything else, but I can't argue with real world playability and results. Stuff I've seen with my own eyes, that others have seen, and knowing where the ball goes with how good/bad I hit it.

That all being said.. Trackman is not wrong and the results of an outdoor fitting are not wrong. BUT.. how does this all translate to the golf course, how much longer do I really want to be, what trouble is brought into play, how much accuracy am I sacrificing, what does lowering my spin do? Home course, away?

I bring this all up because I'm torn between two drivers.. :)

These numbers are not normalized and are with range balls.. once normalized they were better but we'll just use these for now.

Let's start with my 917 9.5 with Atmos Black 7TX - I removed two bad shots that we would have removed later on in the fitting to keep things more consistent. You can still use my averages below - but I hit two low on the face that were spinning like crazy which one of them would have been taken out of the averages below. The thing about my 917 is all these shots were dead straight and would not have missed a fairway. I also wasn't as warm as I was for the last two.

Screen%20Shot%202018-10-18%20at%2012.25.13%20PM.png

M3 - Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Screen%20Shot%202018-10-18%20at%2012.23.15%20PM.png

TS3 - same shaft

Screen%20Shot%202018-10-18%20at%2012.23.56%20PM.png

Basically the M3 won - the TS3 was a close 2nd. I hit some absolute bombs, but didn't like the window as much. The TS3 felt like a better version of the 917, I could control it more, shot shapes looked much more familiar and the windows were more like my 917.

BUT.. I can't argue how insane the M3 results were paired with the Speeder TR (which I have also never heard of or thought to try). I have a TS3 en route, I will probably go with that and then see how happy I am with it. Especially with the M5/6/7/8 whatever it is coming out, I would not want to get the M3 and then have to try the new one coming out.

Shafts tested: Fuji Speeder TR, Pro 2.0, Diamana DF, Diamana BF, Accra (black/red), Tensei White.

That's it for now.. let me know what you guys think :)

Edit: Looking at the #'s now, the "normalized" data with premium ball vs. these range balls is more accurate to actual distances.. but this is still accurate for what we saw today.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Stupid question, but did you try the TR shaft in the 917 for comparison? Or the Atmos in the TS3?

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

damn, that is a considerable jump, good call on the outdoor fitting. I can't find that where I live, but folks just got a place in Palm Dessert, assuming I can get it done out there in February.

I have been tempted to try the M3 440, looking for a demo.

I would love to hit it that far....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

It seems like they should be able to get your smash factor higher with a better fit shaft. I would a think a guy with your swing could get to 1.51-1.52 pretty easily. Clearly, you like what you're seeing but it seems like some ball speed is missing for your swing speed. (For reference my swing speeds only hit 117-118 but I can usually get 178-179 off ball speed (1.52)).

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5