NFL 2018-19 season discussion...

touch

Just dictate that next time, or just say slot wide receivers. Stating "player like Tyreek Hill" doesn't really get that across. Thats why I selected "players like Tyreek Hill" (small in stature, and fast) to use to compare.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and now you're just nit picking. Of course WR ran crossing back then but the rules didn't allow them to be as successful.

do you even watch football in the 80s, 90s and early 200s?

Im not nitpicking, you're just using awful "opinions" as facts and they just don't hold water.

it's a fact most WR/RB/TE that went across the middle were jammed are head hunted and were not as successful back then.

the rules changed has allowed the slots and WR crossing routes to be more successful in today's game. you got to be blind or too young to even remember if you think that's an opinion.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Just dictate that next time, or just say slot wide receivers. Stating "player like Tyreek Hill" doesn't really get that across. Thats why I selected "players like Tyreek Hill" (small in stature, and fast) to use to compare.

relax. it's sports talk. i'm ok with you disagreeing with my opinions.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

and now you're just nit picking. Of course WR ran crossing back then but the rules didn't allow them to be as successful.

do you even watch football in the 80s, 90s and early 200s?

Im not nitpicking, you're just using awful "opinions" as facts and they just don't hold water.

it's a fact most WR/RB/TE that went across the middle were jammed are head hunted and were not as successful back then.

the rules changed has allowed the slots and WR crossing routes to be more successful in today's game. you got to be blind or too young to even remember if you think that's an opinion.

I think you're getting confused in attempting to switch the focus on the poor arguments.

You're now saying what I trying to say in the first post...

The rules have made the offenses open up, not so much skill level. By virtue of it being more difficult back then, wouldnt there be more skill level involved for guys that did do it 10-15+ years ago?

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

we are ALLOWED to see some of the best skills on the field. how about that.

if you weren't too busy to prove your'e always right you would read that earlier ^^^

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

if you weren't too busy to prove your'e always right you would read that earlier ^^^

Relax, its sports talk. Im ok with you disagreeing with my opinion.

I did read it the first time, just dont think its accurate, thats all and brought facts to show why.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Relax, its sports talk. Im ok with you disagreeing with my opinion.

I did read it the first time, just dont think its accurate, thats all and brought facts to show why.

Well played and Steve Smith and Moss were not slot wr when they came into the league.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

They weren't, that wasn't what I was meaning. Again, I thought you were going with the build/skillset of Hill....and pulled two Wrs who were similar in those regards (and did it well).

Though Id imagine that they were used throughout their career like Hill, probably about 40% in the slot and the rest outside .

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

They were deep threats and were known as such running verticals and deep outs. And ran less than the 30% that hills is currently being used at the slot. Maybe when they got older or when rules changed. They were protected from going across the middle. Tight ends and full backs like mike Alsott actually went up the middle more back then.

players in that era that were dominant and able to go over the middle were few and far in between and most of them were BIG. Chris Carter, Jake Reed, Herman Moore (true possession receivers); Randy Moss hated going over the middle and have numerous times let the world know. He was tall and weigh probably less than 200 when he enter the league.

the run and gun RAMS offense took over but isaac bruce and tory holt were still vertical route runners and got down fast before they were "Popped"

players of hill's statue just were not successful going through the middle of the defense. Jacquez Green was probably one of the fastest WR to ever hit the ground running and most resembled Tyreek Hill in statue but no coach was going to let him run a crossing route over the middle of a cover 2 defense 30% of the game like what Tyreek Hill is doing now.

Steve Smith is a horrible horrible example for a comparison. He made a living running those quick slants and verticals at his peak. He rarely lined up at the slot as hill is doing now. A quick youtube video of the carolina panthers/patriots recap would show you what type of routes he was running. Players of that statue during the 80/90/ and early 2000 wouldn't be able to showcase their skills over the middle of the defense because they would literally get destroyed by players like dawkins and lynch and that's if they even get past the line backers.

You can obviously nit pick and point to the few examples of WRs running crossing routes 50 years ago. But that's not how the game was played. It was I formation, double tight end, smash mouth football. Throwing to the middle of a defense was almost insane.

John Lynch be like you will not cross

go to the 1:01 marker and you see a perfectly legal hit by a linebacker on a WR who ran a shallow crossing route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX6vioW7SZc&t=130s

if you think players with hill size played up the middle of the defense back then you must have not watch football that long. and that's nothing against you.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Richard Sherman doing Richard Sherman things with that last penalty that would have kept the niners in it a little longer

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Richard Sherman doing Richard Sherman things with that last penalty that would have kept the niners in it a little longer

There are many many many things you can blame that loss on, Sherman isn't one of them imo. He has played lights out this year, so he's got a free pass for me. Mabin on the other hand, was getting WORKED late…..but then again he's a 24 year old journeyman UDFA lining up…so what do you really expect.

Im pretty over Saleh and his ill prepared defense and constantly getting schooled by offenses. We end up spotting so many points before we tighten up and get a clue. Thank goodness the offense handles its business, or else final scores would be gross. I think its time to start thinking about chalking Solomon Thomas as a swing and a miss for Lynch…..dude is getting less run than Sheldon Day and is a ghost out there week in and week out.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

I feel that even the most optimistic view of the Sherman signing, has been surpassed so far:

Per PFF: Through six weeks #49ers opposing QBs have thrown for 1,750 yards. Richard Sherman has allowed 28 of them.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

There are many many many things you can blame that loss on, Sherman isn't one of them imo. He has played lights out this year, so he's got a free pass for me. Mabin on the other hand, was getting WORKED late…..but then again he's a 24 year old journeyman UDFA lining up…so what do you really expect.

Im pretty over Saleh and his ill prepared defense and constantly getting schooled by offenses. We end up spotting so many points before we tighten up and get a clue. Thank goodness the offense handles its business, or else final scores would be gross. I think its time to start thinking about chalking Solomon Thomas as a swing and a miss for Lynch…..dude is getting less run than Sheldon Day and is a ghost out there week in and week out.

I did not blame the loss on Sherman, Loosing Ward was the biggest difference in GB doing what they did on last two drives, and the fact Rodgers is really really good at football

Always a two way street with Richard, you get the good (your PFF Stat) and the bad, the occasional holding, or illegal contact call, sometimes they come at really really bad times like on a 3rd and 13 late in the game when your D Line sacks the qb which would have resulted in the 49ers getting the ball back with good field position, instead 1st down GB and we know the rest.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Word I hear ya. Ill gladly take the occasional flag on Sherman if he keeps his play up especially given how terrible our secondary has been. Spoon is a shell of the promising rookie he showed last year, Ward is a FS they keep lining up at corner, Mabin is trash, Colbert has reverted back to showing hes a 7th rounder....Tartt has played well but needs to stay on the field.

Just alot going on with the defense, and not much of it being good.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Questions after watching MNF:

1. Does Pat Shurmur know basic math?

B. Does Pat Shurmur know pro football is played with a game clock?

3. Does Pat Shurmur know you only have 4 downs to get a first down or TD in the NFL?

4. Does Pat Shurmur know the goal of pro football is to score more points than your opponent?

5. Does Pat Shurmur know a good real estate agent?

As an aside, did anybody hear Julio Jones' post game interview? Dude is top 5 receiver in game, but BY FAR has best team-first attitude of any big-time receiver out there. Love the way that guy plays the game.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

A FIRST ROUNDER FOR COOPER?!?!?!!???! Jerry is an absolute moron. given the season we're on track for - it could be an early first rounder. F*** this ownership/coaching is retarded.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Atlanta be happy cowboys pass up on Ridley.

First round pick for a player they only have control for 1.5 season.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Atlanta be happy cowboys pass up on Ridley.

First round pick for a player they only have control for 1.5 season.

giphy.gif

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

I see alot of Amari Cooper. I go to a few Raiders games a year and listen to bay area sports radio alot. I hope cowboys fans enjoy the rollercoaster of a WR you just traded for a #1 pick. He will have a great game one week then completely disappear for the next 3 weeks. Baffling move by dallas.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Matrix 8M3
3 Wood: TM 16 M2 13* Diamana Thump 75
4-7 Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler 19* PX Evenflow
4 Iron: TM RSI TP UDI Aldila Rip'd VS Proto
5-PW: Bridgestone J15DF KBS C-Taper
50,56,60: Callaway MD3, Vokey TVD, Mizuno T7
Putter: Method 003, Bettinardi Queen B7

I also don't have a problem with his talent. It's more the controlling of his contract. First round picks are automatic 4+1 with a team. This guy becomes a FA in 2020 and an automatic 14m cap hit next year.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

A lot of people are now looking at the amari trade and saying it’s not as bad as it sounds.

No big time wr coming out this year. And almost every 1st round wr taken in the past few years hasn’t faired very well. Ridley being the only one and he’s only a few games into his career.

If Dallas was for sure going wr first round I don’t mind the trade.

I will only get mad when the raiders draft someone I really like with our pick.

And we get a player now instead of waiting until next year.

If Dallas doesn’t start winning I’m afraid Dak will be out before the real problem Garrett.

Dak is never leaving Dallas. the qb talent in this league is weak as it’s ever been. Don’t let a high scoring week by Brock fool you that anyone can qb in this league successfully and sustain it.

Garrett needs to go.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Coaching helps make very good QB's turn into great QB's and average to good Qb's into winning QB's

Andy Reid is the Qb whisperer. He runs a lot of plays that Mahomes ran in college, McVay turned Goff loose. Belichick has coached Brady his whole career. Not all coaches are directly correlated to their Qb's but the team dynamic and whether or not the staff can get the most out of the team will go a long way to help the careers of many a young Qb.

220px-Adrian_Peterson_%2844202804292%29.jpg

NFL Hall of Fame stud RB right here.

Thanks Adrian Peterson for being the Skins offense this season.

You are a man of many NFL lives, and many Washington fans are grateful as hell you started your latest one in D.C. !

Top plays from today's 156 yard game

https://www.redskins...ard-game-week-8

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star