TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we are one third of the way into the season.

When I started this sucker (thread) I predicted that one of the following 3 participants would win.

Knockitclose

CommerceTiger

doctoro

How's those 3 other picks of mine doing? lol I hope not like my other ones that have me in the basement.

Your commissioner is checking in and asking for your season totals please.

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   

WEEK 7 Lines for picks

Thursday Night

Denver -1 at Arizona 41 1/2

Sunday

Tennessee at -6 1/2 45

New England -3 at Chicago 49 1/2

Cleveland at Tampa -3 49 1/2

Detroit -1 at Miami no total for this game up at this time

Carolina at Philadelphia -4 1/2 45 1/2

Buffalo at Indy -7 1/2 43

Cincy at KC -6 58 1/2

Minnesota -3 at NY Jets 47

Houston at Jacksonville -5 42

N. Orleans at Baltimore -2 1/2 49 1/2

DALLAS at WASHINGTON -1 1/2 41 1/2

LA Rams -10 at 49'rs 52 1/2

Monday Night

NY Giants at Atlanta -5 1/2 54 1/2

So we are one third of the way into the season.

When I started this sucker (thread) I predicted that one of the following 3 participants would win.

Knockitclose

CommerceTiger

doctoro

How's those 3 other picks of mine doing? lol I hope not like my other ones that have me in the basement.

Your commissioner is checking in and asking for your season totals please.

A whopping 9-9, Mr. Goodell!

WEEK 7 Lines for picks

Thursday Night

Sunday

Tennessee at -6 1/2 45

Cincy at KC -6 58 1/2

Monday Night

12-6 to start the week.

I was shocked and amazed yesterday when POTUS compared Stormy Daniels to John Elway. Pulitzer Prize winning writers disappear, the idea of cutting SS is floated, and somehow, the GM who drafted Paxton Lynch and has moved his team into the realm irrelevancy takes center stage. Canada is going up in smoke this week, and this is a huge win for Cheech and Chong, i remember when the dog smelled the van and keeled over thinking that was just good humor. The statistics in the states with legalized marijuana show an increase in highway deaths, so this will be an interesting experiment for those of us south of the border to watch.

They call me the Brees, and I suspect if permitted, sleepy eye Joe is asking for three steps so he can become a free bird this week. When asked what is that smell, sleepy eye just kept asking, what's your name? and so it goes. If all of those references go past you without notice, I refer you to the hated teacher named, "Leonard Skinner." In a jazzy up tempo procession as is the way of Brees and Kamara, I will take the Saints and the points.

Two musical clashes based in the west, where Cheech and Chong have left their mark.

In a couple of rock band showdowns, we have the Red Hot Chili Peppers taking on the Grateful Dead. I have seen both of these bands multiple times, and both put on great shows. It won't surprise you the RHCP show tended to be a little more uptempo and rockin'. When they opened up for Burning Spear, they completely outclassed the laid back reggae band. Then after the Uplift Mofo Party Plan I saw them in a small venue and quite simply, they were brilliant. We weren't more than 50' from them, and we were staying out of the fray, but then, we were older by then. On the other hand, the Grateful Dead moved effortlessly from Not Fade Away into Going Down the Road and it just seemed like they enjoyed what they were doing. The second time I saw them they finished up their encore with a cover of "Satisfaction" which was not surprisingly, very dead-like. So, based on my past experiences, I am going to take the Rams and the points over the 49'ers, I just feel like the upbeat attacking style will prevail.

Another Band from LA (and I am not talking The Mothers of Invention). What I most remember was an audience member threw a shoe at lead singer Perry Farrell. On the live album released years later, there is a point in which he asks if the shoe thrower knows anything about fashion? I always wondered if that came from the first show I saw them. On the other hand, we have one of the most influential rock bands ever. Out of Tennessee a young Alex Chilton starred in the BoxTops and then started Big Star with Chris Bell, the band never reached commercial success but they absolutely had critical acclaim, this sounds a lot like Mariota coming out of college. Their #1 Record was unreal. Was it as good as Jane's Addiction's first album? Well, I have seen them both, and I have to say I would go see Jane's Addiction again. Sadly Alex Chilton, passed years ago, and he was a good show, but not Jane's Addiction good. I will take another band from LA. LAC over Tennessee and the points.

And for those of you familiar with Jane's Addiction, I send this while I am standing in the shower...

WEEK 7 Lines for picks

Thursday Night

Sunday

Tennessee at -6 1/2 45

Cincy at KC -6 58 1/2

Monday Night

Atl -5.5

KC -6

SF +10

WEEK 7 Lines for picks

Thursday Night

Sunday

Tennessee at -6 1/2 45

Cincy at KC -6 58 1/2

Monday Night

I guess the question is, can Tennessee score 7 points for the cover and the under seems safe... :taunt:

WEEK 7 Lines for picks

Thursday Night

Sunday

Tennessee at -6 1/2 45

Cincy at KC -6 58 1/2

Monday Night

Detroit -1:
Brick Osweiller cant win 2 in a row. Detroit wins by a FG or more coming off a BYE.

New Orleans +2.5:
Anytime Brees is getting points, I'll take them.

Dal/Wash Over 41.5:
Washington wins 24-23. Gimme the over.

Overall Record: 9-9

Total: 5-10-3

New England -3

Miami +1

Minnesota -3

"Why these?" some might ask.

I could say that I picked New England for my love of the autumn colors up north, lol,

or Miami for my love of the beauty of flamingos,

or Minnesota as that was the team I rooted for in high school way back when as I liked the purple uniforms....

but none of those loves are the reason I say yes to these teams this week.

Instead, I'm just going with my gut instincts and seeing how they serve me in this realm of pigskins and Hail Marys tossed about in a swirl of many a fan haverin' on about this American passion.

Total: 5-10-3

New England -3

Miami +1

Minnesota -3

"Why these?" some might ask.

I could say that I picked New England for my love of the autumn colors up north, lol,

or Miami for my love of the beauty of flamingos,

or Minnesota as that was the team I rooted for in high school way back when as I liked the purple uniforms....

but none of those loves are the reason I say yes to these teams this week.

Instead, I'm just going with my gut instincts and seeing how they serve me in this realm of pigskins and Hail Marys tossed about in a swirl of many a fan haverin' on about this American passion.

Esoteric and perfect. I think your tide has turned.

Overall 10-7-1 Last Week 1-1-1

I think I have lost that loving feeling. Could it be a mid-season swoon? When you can not pick one total out of a whole sheet then maybe that is the case. Should have stuck with my instinct on the Redskins bouncing back at home. However, Cam Newton was one score away from winning that game with a come back in the 4th quarter. The Redskins get a division rival Dallas at home coming off a big win themselves, as they managed to put a beat down in Irving on the somewhat depleted Jacksonville Jaguars, who are down to their third left tackle. What do we think about this game?

I am leaning towards Dallas even though I would hate for that outcome as a Redskins fan. I am not convinced the Redskins are the real deal yet. If they beat Dallas at home I might get the keys to the bandwagon and place them eagerly on the table next to the garage entrance. Because after a big division win fans will be jacked. That needs to happen first. Remember this though, no matter how bad you think Dallas and the Giants might be, we seem to stumble in December when our playoff lives are on the line. 0-2 to a playoff eliminated Giants team in 16, & 17. All Skins fans calling into sports talk radio always have the "what ifs" and the "if we's" "If we did this, what if we win that." It is a regular Christmas list of wishes unfulfilled. So I am taking Dallas? Redskins? Yes! Give me the Under 41.5

Next, I am going to Cali, Cali, Cali, The mighty Rams travel North to San Francisco, do they take the scenic route up the Pacific Coast? Do they revel in their undefeated record? Are they complacent this week against a team sporting back up running backs and a backup QB who throws into coverage? Sounds like an easy cover for the Sean McVay undefeated Rams. I think 10 is too much. Give me the points San Francisco +10

What Now??? Let's go fishing or in internet terms, let's do some trolling. Let's troll Andrew Luck. He has thrown more passes than any QB in the league this year. The Bills as horrible as they have been on offense are sporting a damn good defense. Yes, you heard it here the Bills have a good defense. Marlon Mack should help stabilize the Colts offense or I would consider taking the Bills straight up. TY Hylton comes back and they will need him because the Bills have excellent DB's Now here is the kicker...Derek Anderson is starting for the hapless Bills. The rookie is out, Nathan Petermen should not have a job in the NFL. So in off the street from working at the local Papa Johns steps in Derek Anderson. That might not actually produce a win, but I like the HOook! Give me the Bills + 7.5

Working in the Restaurant Biz is like a circus of opportunities and heartbreaks all in one. I am fortunate enough to finally work in a place where I can get most Sundays off. But tomorrow I was requested by one of our regulars to help celebrate his 90th birthday party. So I might not be able to check those games as often as I like. But in this case, it is my honor and privilege to help someone celebrate their special day.

Good Luck ALL I think Nick Chubb will be a name spoken about often in the coming weeks and Baker Mayfield is better at football than Sam Darnold!

Last week 1-2

Season 7-11

This stellar record makes me the basement dweller!

UGH

I will keep trying to turn this season around picks wise.

My Picks week 7

Redskins - 1 1/2 Washington has the second fewest giveaways in the NFL. Cowboys 0-3 on the road this year.

Redskins win by 7 and HTTR

Ravens -2 1/2 I'll take the best defense statistically in the NFL. Brees has never beaten the Ravens.

Baltimore wins by 4 at home.

Carolina +4 1/2 Carolina's running game is solid. Eagles backside defense is mighty weak.

Panthers may not win the game, but will cover with the chalk.

week 7

happy squad gal from the Eagles.

Alicia Marie

Alicia-Marie-Philadelphia-Eagles-Most-Beautiful-NFL-Cheerleaders-2016-e1470026618126.jpg

Last week 1-2

Season 7-11

This stellar record makes me the basement dweller!

UGH

I will keep trying to turn this season around picks wise.

My Picks week 7

Redskins - 1 1/2 Washington has the second fewest giveaways in the NFL. Cowboys 0-3 on the road this year.

Ravens -2 1/2 I'll take the best defense statistically in the NFL. Brees has never beaten the Ravens.

Carolina +4 1/2 Carolina's running game is solid. Eagles backside defense is mighty weak.

I predict you go 2 -1 this week I love the optimism on the Skins pick, love the Ravens and Panthers to cover...praying for the Skins

I said.............

Thanks Ravens , nice gag .

2-1 for the week

season total

9-12

Why is it I am always a sucker for those hooks? Bills +7.5...Ugggly pick! The Colts getting their offensive weapons back, playing at home with a hot Qb against a team that is on their 3rd QB without any offensive weapons whatsoever. The cover was a no-brainer, yet I chose to be a gambler, the contrarian. Not smart. Went with 2 dogs who have been depleted with QB and RB injuries. Against 2 teams with their starting QB's intact and playing healthy. The Rams traveling to S.F were going to win but I thought CJ Beathard would be a gamer at home. Get a backdoor cover +10. No Sir, CJ Beathard was the reason the Rams got out to a 14 point early lead right off the bat. "Throws into coverage," I said it already. Not good at feeling the rush. He is a gamer though. Rams just to good for him to get in a groove. Rams win going away +10 was a pipe dream.

Covered the under in the Dallas game thanks to a mysterious flag at the end of the game which helped send a field goal into the goal post from 52 yards instead of 47 which would have been good. The definition of that rule has a loose interpretation and this time it benefited the Redskins when the center for Dallas adjusted his stance causing a lineman to jump. That play is a bit controversial, but a win is a win and we shall take it to the bank.

In my rants, I pretty much talked myself into taking the opposite of what I had written down, Colts getting Hylton and Mack back, CJ Beathard's weaknesses, but I wanted to outsmart the book. Wrong answer!

Never try and outsmart the data. Stick to your first instincts unless injuries bring about a move.

I will try and remember that next week.

Congratulations Touch on a stellar prediction of the Redskins vs Dallas Game!

I was right at least about you going 2-1 Even if it was the wrong game I loved the Ravens and their defense at home. But we both learned to bet with the teams that have better offenses in 2018. Chiefs, Pats, Saints, Rams are good covers even when they are on the road against good defenses. With the ease QB's have now in the pocket, with the roughing rules, scores are going up and the best offenses have a big advantage.

Hail To The Redskins First Place In the NFC East

1-2 Week 7 11-9-1 Overall

WEEK 7 Lines for picks

Thursday Night

Sunday

Tennessee at -6 1/2 45

Cincy at KC -6 58 1/2

Monday Night

Detroit -1:
Brick Osweiller cant win 2 in a row. Detroit wins by a FG or more coming off a BYE.

New Orleans +2.5:
Anytime Brees is getting points, I'll take them.

Dal/Wash Over 41.5:
Washington wins 24-23. Gimme the over.

Overall Record: 9-9

Week 7: 2-1

Overall: 11-10

NE -3

Tampa -3

KC -6

I’m failing on commentary, but my picks are in. Maybe next week.

Freakin' Buccaneers ruined a perfect week for me by giving up 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter. At least they got me the push.

The Chiefs found a defense, at least for last night. Their Nov 19 game vs the Rams is shaping up to be quite a game (or, as the kids would say, "lit af").

2-0-1

12-6-3 for the season (27 hockey pts :D )

Covered the under in the Dallas game thanks to a mysterious flag at the end of the game which helped send a field goal into the goal post from 52 yards instead of 47 which would have been good. The definition of that rule has a loose interpretation and this time it benefited the Redskins when the center for Dallas adjusted his stance causing a lineman to jump. That play is a bit controversial, but a win is a win and we shall take it to the bank.

When was the last time that penalty was called? ...on a field goal? ...at the end of a game? Looked like what every center does.

I loved the Ravens and their defense at home. But we both learned to bet with the teams that have better offenses in 2018. Chiefs, Pats, Saints, Rams are good covers even when they are on the road against good defenses.

Hindsight makes it easy to say, but I was very surprised the Saints were underdogs in that game. Of course, if Tucker hadn't done what nobody thought possible, then done something everybody thought possible (kick a 62 yder in OT) the Ravens would have covered, lol.

The high-scoring teams covering does seem to be the trend. I've been tracking the O/U this season, and there were a lot more games covering the Over for the first few weeks. It's come back closer to a 50/50 split.

:busted_cop: :busted_cop: :busted_cop: :busted_cop: :busted_cop: :swoon: :swoon: :partytime2: :partytime2: :superman: :superman2: :beach: :clapping: :clapping: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Week 7 3-0

Overall 10-10-1

Q hits 500!!!!!

7 out of 8 Dentists say "It won't last."

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

:busted_cop: :busted_cop: :busted_cop: :busted_cop: :busted_cop: :swoon: :swoon: :partytime2: :partytime2: :superman: :superman2: :beach: :clapping: :clapping: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: Week 7 3-0 Overall 10-10-1 Q hits 500!!!!! 7 out of 8 Dentists say "It won't last."

congrats on hitting .500 Q!

sure

go ahead

leave me alone in the basement.

When was the last time that penalty was called? ...on a field goal? ...at the end of a game? Looked like what every center does.
I loved the Ravens and their defense at home. But we both learned to bet with the teams that have better offenses in 2018. Chiefs, Pats, Saints, Rams are good covers even when they are on the road against good defenses.
Hindsight makes it easy to say, but I was very surprised the Saints were underdogs in that game. Of course, if Tucker hadn't done what nobody thought possible, then done something everybody thought possible (kick a 62 yder in OT) the Ravens would have covered, lol. The high-scoring teams covering does seem to be the trend. I've been tracking the O/U this season, and there were a lot more games covering the Over for the first few weeks. It's come back closer to a 50/50 split.

" hi, I'm crab and I'm a totals addict."

thanks for sharing Crab

no seriously that is a nice bit of info.