The New Level Golf Experience (very long read warning)

I’ve always been a player that likes unique equipment and never been afraid to play clubs, shafts, etc that no one else plays. With that said I decided I wanted to give New Level a look. I was lucky enough to have a fitter with their product within a half hour of where I live. After numerous attempts I was never able to get serviced by the fitter. I reached out to New Level explaining my situation and not being able to get to the fitter who had a very limited schedule that just didn’t work with my limited schedule. I never expected to get a reply but got one within a half hour and a short time later a demo was in route.

Demo arrived and I began testing it against my current irons Bridgestone j15cb (which I felt were best irons I’ve ever played). Eric Burch the owner of New Level personally took my specs etc for the demo and said in 3 swings you will change your mind. I though ok pal there isn’t much that could come between me and my stones. Well on second swing I was surprised how much better the turf interaction was and how soft they felt. I hit close to 750 balls over the 4 days I had the demo and I hit it from all lies I could think of and the New Level iron kept up and often out performed my b’stones.

Fast forward to ordering a set and waiting for them to arrive Wednesday I should take possession of the 902 irons with project x lz 6.0 shafts.

My clubs arrived today but didn’t get to try them yet. Swing weight was dead on to what I requested. The request was for d5.5 and wedge to be 6.0 and to no surprise dead on.

The first 120 balls- I got to hit 120 balls today from all types of lies and I can report back that the 902’s cut through the rough as easy way they do a nice fairway lie. They do t have a visible v sole but perform as if they did. The sound is solid thwack but soft at same time. The feel is superb and very soft. Even a range ball feels soft coming off the face. The irons shape all blend perfectly from 4-p and frame the ball exceprionally. Other brands have head shape issues in short irons like 9 and wedge but not here. I look forward to hitting some more balls and getting an actual round in on them.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

War and Peace, this was not. I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience. Which set did you order?

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi 1k Black 65 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1

I honestly had never heard of New Level golf before ... Clubs look good, but whoever does their marketing is clueless. They have a story and product to sell, and they're doing a horrific job of it. Hate to see them fail because they're saving a couple bucks on their marketing.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

A review video:

And one about a build:

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2, Tour KBS GPS, 33",
 SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid 2 / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

You lost me at arrive.

Edit: the last word of the OP’s post used to be “arrive”. It has since been edited. Thanks OP for making my already barely funny joke complete nonsense with your edit.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

I’ve always been a player that likes unique equipment and never been afraid to play clubs, shafts, etc that no one else plays. With that said I decided I wanted to give New Level a look. I was lucky enough to have a fitter with their product within a half hour of where I live. After numerous attempts I was never able to get serviced by the fitter. I reached out to New Level explaining my situation and not being able to get to the fitter who had a very limited schedule that just didn’t work with my limited schedule. I never expected to get a reply but got one within a half hour and a short time later a demo was in route.

Demo arrived and I began testing it against my current irons Bridgestone j15cb (which I felt were best irons I’ve ever played). Eric Burch the owner of New Level personally took my specs etc for the demo and said in 3 swings you will change your mind. I though ok pal there isn’t much that could come between me and my stones. Well on second swing I was surprised how much better the turf interaction was and how soft they felt. I hit close to 750 balls over the 4 days I had the demo and I hit it from all lies I could think of and the New Level iron kept up and often out performed my b’stones.

Fast forward to ordering a set and waiting for them to arrive

I ordered a set of 902’s should be here Monday. I will either start my own thread or maybe we can re-titled this one for New Level Golf reviews. As others have mentioned it really be nice to know which ones you ordered and with watch shafts

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

I've always been a player that likes unique equipment and never been afraid to play clubs, shafts, etc that no one else plays. With that said I decided I wanted to give New Level a look. I was lucky enough to have a fitter with their product within a half hour of where I live. After numerous attempts I was never able to get serviced by the fitter. I reached out to New Level explaining my situation and not being able to get to the fitter who had a very limited schedule that just didn't work with my limited schedule. I never expected to get a reply but got one within a half hour and a short time later a demo was in route.

Demo arrived and I began testing it against my current irons Bridgestone j15cb (which I felt were best irons I've ever played). Eric Burch the owner of New Level personally took my specs etc for the demo and said in 3 swings you will change your mind. I though ok pal there isn't much that could come between me and my stones. Well on second swing I was surprised how much better the turf interaction was and how soft they felt. I hit close to 750 balls over the 4 days I had the demo and I hit it from all lies I could think of and the New Level iron kept up and often out performed my b'stones.

I ordered a set of 902's should be here Monday. I will either start my own thread or maybe we can re-titled this one for New Level Golf reviews. As others have mentioned it really be nice to know which ones you ordered and with watch shafts

"watch shafts"....did you get the XXX-stiff, since you are a WRX regular????

I've always been a player that likes unique equipment and never been afraid to play clubs, shafts, etc that no one else plays. With that said I decided I wanted to give New Level a look. I was lucky enough to have a fitter with their product within a half hour of where I live. After numerous attempts I was never able to get serviced by the fitter. I reached out to New Level explaining my situation and not being able to get to the fitter who had a very limited schedule that just didn't work with my limited schedule. I never expected to get a reply but got one within a half hour and a short time later a demo was in route.

Demo arrived and I began testing it against my current irons Bridgestone j15cb (which I felt were best irons I've ever played). Eric Burch the owner of New Level personally took my specs etc for the demo and said in 3 swings you will change your mind. I though ok pal there isn't much that could come between me and my stones. Well on second swing I was surprised how much better the turf interaction was and how soft they felt. I hit close to 750 balls over the 4 days I had the demo and I hit it from all lies I could think of and the New Level iron kept up and often out performed my b'stones.

I ordered a set of 902's should be here Monday. I will either start my own thread or maybe we can re-titled this one for New Level Golf reviews. As others have mentioned it really be nice to know which ones you ordered and with watch shafts

"watch shafts"....did you get the XXX-stiff, since you are a WRX regular????

No, I am off my “vitamins” ?

The irons very closely resemble past models from Tourstage, i.e., Bridgestone.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

I ordered a set of 902’s should be here Monday. I will either start my own thread or maybe we can re-titled this one for New Level Golf reviews. As others have mentioned it really be nice to know which ones you ordered and with watch shafts

New title to thread made. Put your experience in as well

Here are a few of pictures sent to me during the build. I am getting the 902’s with Modus 105S shafts. This matches the set up of my TM P-770 irons I have had for 2 seasons.

Here are a few of pictures sent to me during the build. I am getting the 902's with Modus 105S shafts. This matches the set up of my TM P-770 irons I have had for 2 seasons.[

Looks good Ed. One thing I notice that would give me confidence is that it looks like they have a very clean and professional looking build area. Maybe it shouldn't but that type of thing would give me some reassurance I'm not dealing with someone operating out of his mom's garage.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

My clubs arrived this morning and I promply picked them up at UPS. I was ready to go to the course then but of course still had a full day of work to do! ? but I was wrapped up by 5 o’clock and was able to make it to the course in time to hit a bucket of balls and actually get out on the course for some approach shots.. As I work my way around the back nine I pretty much position myself with a couple approaches into most holes.. Some holes I hit an 8 or 9 iron. Other holes I left myself an approach of 6 or 7 iron distance. The temperature this evening was 45 when I started so I did have to adjust a club or so for temperature. The wind did not seem to be affecting nearest much as the temperature dip. The par 3 holes I went ahead and hit from the tee. I found I had no problem adjusting to the irons in terms of distance or in how they looked behind the ball. Most shots had a straight or slight draw to them. And over all very pleased with the quick range session and quick venture out on the course. More to come when I can compare side by side. I will add more pictures to this thread and to the New Level Golf thread in the Tour/Pre-release section.

I was able to get out for a full 9 holes late afternoon. Mid 50s today 10mph wind was not a problem. Full sunshine and really had a lot of the course to myself. I wanted to try to hit as many of these irons as I could so on the par fours I sometimes laid up off the tee. This gave me a chance to hit a mid or long iron into the green. I actually shot pretty well maybe I should to that more often! Nah, that’s no fun! Again I found myself not needing to make big adjustments. The clubs look perfect behind the ball I had no problem with a divot or depth of divot. The yardages were very predictable. I found I could flight the ball easily and on full shots did not see ballooning. Full shots had a good, penetrating flight. Once again tonight there were a few shots that went my normal distances, even though the air temperature was 20 to 30° last stand summer temperatures. Very pleased with these irons.

Great updates Ed. Irons and wedges look amazing. Congrats on the new clubs, hit them well!

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi 1k Black 65 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1

I was able to get out Wednesday evening for a quick nine, under one hour which kind of freaked the cart attendant out! But again on most par 4’s I tried teeing off with a 5 or 6 iron and then leaving myself a mid iron into the greens. I tried to do as much as I could to hit every iron couple times during the nine holes. Since I’m using the same shafts, and similar swing weight, it has been no real adjustment there. The flight is spot on to my TM P770’s. But I think I find these easier to flight down. Maybe it’s just I’m swinging pretty well right now but I do feel like I’ve got a few more options which will come in handy in the wind or during the winter. Where these continue to shine is a nice, neat divot. Feedback is on par/slightly better with other forged irons. And the more I play, I feel these are longer than my 770’s. Half a club or so. Kind of hard to tell in the recent 50 to 60° weather. But again those adjustments due to weather has been very easy to accomplish. So I kind of makes me feel that I’m getting a bit more distance then I would be getting playing the 770s in the same temperature.

I played my first 18 hole round of golf last night I will try to get my thoughts together on how things performed and post later today. This is back to my normal way of playing golf and incorporating these irons in to my modified bomb and gouge or as it kind of was last night gouge and then gouge some more. ��

I played last night at a local course. Not my home course, but one I had played 3-4 over the last month. This was the first time that I tried to just play "my game" with the 902 irons.The previous 3 nights had been a great break in period, nothing pressure packed. I was playing alone so I could hit more than 1 ball. If I hit a 7 iron into the green, I might move up 10 or so yards and hit the 8 also. I teed of with 4, 5 or 6 on a few of the par 4's. I wanted to hit all the irons in different situations.

But this was the first 18 hole, try to score, round. It was clear and 55 and a bit of a breeze. Ideal conditions and the course was in great shape. I felt that the previous nights had given me a feel for distance and with the same Modus 105S shafts I was already very comfortable with the irons. As the round progressed, I was forced to flight the ball into the wind and felt confident in the shot. Down wind I was able to judge the distance very well. The irons just seemed natural to me. My score (83) did not reflect how well I hit my irons or New Level M-Type wedges. Or for that matter, my Toulon putter. It did reflect my terrible driving! The irons performed as expected for their first full round. I found that feel and performance was a tick above what I found with the TM P-770's. Turf interaction was spot on. I take a small patch of a divot, and had no unexpected fat shots. And for the most part, good, flushed shots out of the center of the face.

These are very good players irons. They certainly have opened my eyes. I was told they would give me better next level performance and feel. With 4 lines of irons available and now a few finishes, I am sure one of them will fit the low or mid handicapper very well. New Level indeed.

Limited schedules...4 day demo. I am cornfused?

What are you confused about?