2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

How does someone have unlimited TS3 heads for sale?

Jagpilotohio

I’ve been following this seller now for 3 weeks as I happen to be interested in the TS3.

He has sold at least 9 TS3 heads in that time that I know of, perhaps more, and has 4 listed right now. Every time he sells one, a new one gets listed.

All brand new. All without tool or headcover.

My question. How is this possible? Titleist does not sell heads to Johnny public. He’s not a golf shop. He has nothing else for sale. Just Titleist heads. Anyone else see an issue here?

I emailed him this afternoon and I asked him how he obtains these heads. Not surprisingly I got no response. Crickets.

I’m emailing Titleist tomorrow and see if they have any idea what’s going on here.

Seller is rya_bede.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/rya_bede/m.html?_trksid=p3692

I’d love to hear some opinions other than the obvious two. Stolen or knock offs.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don’t buy from him if you’re worried.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

My guess is that either 1. he is a local pro who is selling some demo heads? or 2. Someone who is splitting the shafts and the heads to make some $

A pro wouldn’t have a seemingly endless supply of demo heads.

If splitting heads and shafts, Where are the shafts? He’s only selling heads.

He could have either purchased a bunch, at $400 a head you can take your time selling the other components,

He could have stolen them, thus at $400 a head you can take your time.

I'm not sure they would have fakes yet, but maybe.

Or he could just be doing a money grab with no actual product.

He could also have a different eBay handle he is selling the other parts under.

I like how the description says "particularly brand new" but each has been hit 10-20 balls approximately.

no difference when a bunch of sellers here list things in MINT CONDITION yet the thing look likes it been hit out of the bunker played by a 50 handicapper.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

I am not defending the seller just giving you a possible reason. When the 917 came out the club I do repair/custom builds for had an early demo day and fitting event. The club was responsible for 100 driver heads and a fitting cart with a bunch of shafts and grips. After the event they sold 20+ heads on Ebay at 379$ buy it now in about a day to break even on their inventory and so titleist would choose to have an early access event at their club in the future. Not saying that is what happened but just a possibility .

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Matrix 8M3
3 Wood: TM 16 M2 13* Diamana Thump 75
4-7 Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler 19* PX Evenflow
4 Iron: TM RSI TP UDI Aldila Rip'd VS Proto
5-PW: Bridgestone J15DF KBS C-Taper
50,56,60: Callaway MD3, Vokey TVD, Mizuno T7
Putter: Method 003, Bettinardi Queen B7

So a little insight from someone who used to work in the industry. You run a golf shop, you carry Titleist. You need to pre-book a certain allotment of clubs with them, etc. Each OEM offers different packages and say "if you spend X amount I can get you into this category which will allow you to buy your clubs at the same cost as XYZ large golf shop (Think Edwin Watts, PGA Tour Super Store, Golf Galaxy, etc)" The clubs get extended to you on a line of credit where you have X amount of days to pay back (Usually net 120, meaning balance due in 120 days) I'm not sure but wouldn't surprise me if they charge interest. This is why it's common to hear reps say "Oh, I'll credit you back for that" or the even better "For each one of your unsold last years model, I can take them back and give you $XX credit. (Which means you as a shop owner paid that company the difference between your original cost, and the $XX credit to hold and display their inventory all season.)

These clubs come out at a bad time for most retail golf shops, I know in CT we're getting ready to shut down for the season around now, and most aren't looking to be fit as there will be new product that comes out between now and the 2019 golf season in the north east. That being said, what some accounts will do is they take the product once they get it, and list it on ebay through various user names. They don't care if they make back every penny, as long as they get enough to cover their credit payments, and hopefully they make their profits off of the people who come in and pay full retail.

Running a golf shop that has a lot of space and requires a lot of inventory to look full is a nightmare, a few years of bad buys can mean the end of business.

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

This reply above is spot on. Especially with a very good relationship with the rep. Win - win for both parties.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

So a little insight from someone who used to work in the industry. You run a golf shop, you carry Titleist. You need to pre-book a certain allotment of clubs with them, etc. Each OEM offers different packages and say "if you spend X amount I can get you into this category which will allow you to buy your clubs at the same cost as XYZ large golf shop (Think Edwin Watts, PGA Tour Super Store, Golf Galaxy, etc)" The clubs get extended to you on a line of credit where you have X amount of days to pay back (Usually net 120, meaning balance due in 120 days) I'm not sure but wouldn't surprise me if they charge interest. This is why it's common to hear reps say "Oh, I'll credit you back for that" or the even better "For each one of your unsold last years model, I can take them back and give you $XX credit. (Which means you as a shop owner paid that company the difference between your original cost, and the $XX credit to hold and display their inventory all season.)

These clubs come out at a bad time for most retail golf shops, I know in CT we're getting ready to shut down for the season around now, and most aren't looking to be fit as there will be new product that comes out between now and the 2019 golf season in the north east. That being said, what some accounts will do is they take the product once they get it, and list it on ebay through various user names. They don't care if they make back every penny, as long as they get enough to cover their credit payments, and hopefully they make their profits off of the people who come in and pay full retail.

Running a golf shop that has a lot of space and requires a lot of inventory to look full is a nightmare, a few years of bad buys can mean the end of business.

Seller is in Moranga California. No offseason out there.

I remember reading stuff like this about taylormade and all the excess inventory they had because of the quick releases .

Well there may be no "offseason" in CA, with the majority of the North East heading into winter there is most definitely an offseason in terms of equipment sales, and while I'm not too knowledgeable about the sales cycles in CA, I don't seem to see any reason why fall sales would be particularly strong, especially when a lot of people are going to wait for the PGA show to see what else new is coming out.

I remember reading stuff like this about taylormade and all the excess inventory they had because of the quick releases .

TM and Callaway were especially bad with this, lots of shop owners took baths displaying items for manufacturers that ultimately got bought back at the end of the year. This is where "ARP" stamped clubs from TM come into play, they were sold to retailers, bought back for a credit towards new orders, and then TM went and sold them through discounters with the ARP or "Asset recovery product" stamp to designate from original stocks.

T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X

Dang bro, you're awful determined to make this seller out to be a fraud huh…..

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Guy has rock solid feedback. No reason to question the guy. I mean you are on ebay looking for some sort of deal otherwise you would be at a retail store or ordering direct. Do you expect him to show his buy order?

You'll get your money back if you get dicked on the deal - there is no evidence whatsoever this guy is shady or ripping people off.

TM SIM2 Stock Ventus

TM SIM2 MAX Rocket Oban Devotion
Callaway Rogue 17 Degree Project X Even Flow Blue
Titleist TS2 21 Degree Tensei Blue
Titleist T300 5-GW Nippon 950GH
Vokey SM6 54 + 58 KBS C Taper
Odyssey EXO 7s
Vice Pro Plus / Kirkland Signature

Guy has rock solid feedback. No reason to question the guy. I mean you are on ebay looking for some sort of deal otherwise you would be at a retail store or ordering direct. Do you expect him to show his buy order?

You'll get your money back if you get dicked on the deal - there is no evidence whatsoever this guy is shady or ripping people off.

This. You're buying through ebay, and most likely paypal. That is 2 additional layers of protection. Pay with your Credit Card through paypal and that's a 3rd layer of protection.

I used to work for a shop and when the 915's came out we were splitting head's and shafts. We specifically listed the heads in used condition, because listing New Titleist is a huge no no and if they find a way to trace back to your account you can lose your account.

These heads are perfectly legit, the seller is just trying to get his cost back while the item is still hot and worth top dollar on the secondary market.

T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X

I can’t speak for the seller in question, but I’ve had some decent success selling items as components over selling as complete clubs. Especially when the shaft or head is somewhat desirable/ “cool”. I’m sure if you’re really trying to squeeze every bit of juice out of something, the headcover is even more added profit.

But, for someone like me who’s just looking to make some cash to buy more crap, it wasn’t worth the added hassle & fees to do it regularly. I’m thinking for someone dealing in more volume, it probably is worth the extra effort. And less conspicuous, also.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Dang bro, you're awful determined to make this seller out to be a fraud huh…..

Actually I was really hoping someone could convince me he wasn’t since I’m quite interested in the TS3.

No one has yet...

I always have issues with listings when sellers don’t answer emails or respond in a way that doesn’t makes sense.

He never responded to my query, therefore I immediately didnt trust the listing. I’d never buy from someone that doesn’t discuss the full history of their item. I email a seller on virtually anything of significant value I buy on eBay and I expect a full background on what is being sold. If that doesn’t happen I’m out.

If others don’t ask questions or care about the history of something expensive they are buying on line I find that incredibly odd and reckless.

Whatever works for you I suppose.

My question is why do you care? The guy has great feedback so what he is selling a bunch of heads, cool!! So you feel the need to be a Delta Bravo and rat him out to Titleist. Move on with your life dude and let the man make his cash

This is not the first time http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1574192-extremely-sketchy-recoil-prototype-listing-on-ebay-likely-fake/.

I’ll never understand why someone shops on eBay with the attitude that everyone is running some scam, and then goes out of their way to invent reasons to be suspicious of the item they’re interested in. If something makes you feel uncomfortable about buying something on eBay, move along. Possibly consider sticking to retail. Bombarding the seller with accusatory messages and then outing them here as a possibly shady seller, because they don’t want to get involved in a back-and-forth explaining themselves with a suspicious/ conspiracy theorist buyer, is just a bad look.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

My question is why do you care? The guy has great feedback so what he is selling a bunch of heads, cool!! So you feel the need to be a Delta Bravo and rat him out to Titleist. Move on with your life dude and let the man make his cash

This is not the first time http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1574192-extremely-sketchy-recoil-prototype-listing-on-ebay-likely-fake/.

I’ll never understand why someone shops on eBay with the attitude that everyone is running some scam, and then goes out of their way to invent reasons to be suspicious of the item they’re interested in. If something makes you feel uncomfortable about buying something on eBay, move along. Possibly consider sticking to retail. Bombarding the seller with accusatory messages and then outing them here as a possibly shady seller, because they don’t want to get involved in a back-and-forth explaining themselves with a suspicious/ conspiracy theorist buyer, is just a bad look.

We obviously have very different views on on line shopping.

I absolutely and unequivocally do expect a full dialogue about a product with a seller Whom I dont know, have never done business with before, and will never meet in person.

Whenever I list something a buyer is welcomed and encouraged to ask anything they want about it and I provide an answer to every question they have in a timely manner. I expect the same.

This is not the first time http://www.golfwrx.c...ay-likely-fake/.

I absolutely and unequivocally do expect a full dialogue about a product with a seller Whom I dont know, have never done business with before, and will never meet in person.

Whenever I list something a buyer is welcomed and encouraged to ask anything they want about it and I provide an answer to every question they have in a timely manner. I expect the same.

I’m the same with answering questions, but I’m a private seller. I have no professional commitments to protect that could land me in hot water. Personally, if I were in the seller’s shoes in this situation, I might get a little skittish if someone was giving me the 20 questions treatment over where my product came from. The message might go right in the trash bin and move on to the next buyer who isn’t so prying with their questions. Not every retailer is anxious to give looks behind the curtain. I’m sure you might get similar treatment if you walked into a brick and mortar store and asked the same questions.

I appreciate where you’re coming from trying to protect the field. I just don’t understand why you can’t imagine why some people (not private sellers) on eBay don’t want to engage you in a conversation that begins with you questioning where their product comes from.

But, to be honest, this is where my desire and interest of having a back-and-forth on this ends. Best of luck to you finding the driver head you’re looking for.

This is not the first time http://www.golfwrx.c...ay-likely-fake/.

I’m the same with answering questions, but I’m a private seller. I have no professional commitments to protect that could land me in hot water. Personally, if I were in the seller’s shoes in this situation, I might get a little skittish if someone was giving me the 20 questions treatment over where my product came from. The message might go right in the trash bin and move on to the next buyer who isn’t so prying with their questions. Not every retailer is anxious to give looks behind the curtain. I’m sure you might get similar treatment if you walked into a brick and mortar store and asked the same questions.

I appreciate where you’re coming from trying to protect the field. I just don’t understand why you can’t imagine why some people (not private sellers) on eBay don’t want to engage you in a conversation that begins with you questioning where their product comes from.

But, to be honest, this is where my desire and interest of having a back-and-forth on this ends. Best of luck to you finding the driver head you’re looking for.

He is a private seller. That’s a big part of the problem. If he was a golf business with thousands of transactions I would view it totally differently.

I was just trying to be helpful to the forum about what I still consider a shady listing.

Since the majority of responses seem to think there is nothing to worry about I guess I’ll close it.

Perhaps everyone is just more trusting than I am. I’ve been scammed a couple times in the past and I’m determined to try and avoid it again. I look at every eBay listing with skepticism if there’s the slightest thing that seems fishy about it... and I smell fish.

Cheers. Happy shopping.