Discussion Thread: GolfWRX Radio (leave comments about all podcasts here)

Loved the podcast about the WRX members like J13 and Warwick. Id love to see a podcast with pure745 and his putter collection.

I couldn’t agree more. There’s a bunch of members who have been here a long time that I’ve tested a bunch of gear. I’d love to hear from them!

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Loved the podcast about the WRX members like J13 and Warwick. I’d love to see a podcast with pure745 and his putter collection.

I couldn’t agree more. There’s a bunch of members who have been here a long time that I’ve tested a bunch of gear. I’d love to hear from them!

We will for sure try and get more members on the show, it is always fun for us to get to talk to you as well!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Loved the podcast about the WRX members like J13 and Warwick. I’d love to see a podcast with pure745 and his putter collection.

We will for sure try and get more members on the show, it is always fun for us to get to talk to you as well!

Thanks! Between you, Tursky, westphal and Johnny wonder y’all, in my opinion, have some of the best podcasts that are out there. Just from listening it has helped my game immensely!

Nothing against the 19th, cause he has some amazing guests, but I have trouble listening to it cause it’s a little to slow for me while I’m driving.

Thanks! Between you, Tursky, westphal and Johnny wonder y’all, in my opinion, have some of the best podcasts that are out there. Just from listening it has helped my game immensely!

Nothing against the 19th, cause he has some amazing guests, but I have trouble listening to it cause it’s a little to slow for me while I’m driving.

I really hope the 19th Hole doesn’t cost a lot to the WRX bottom line because it’s not remotely near the quality of the other pods currently available for consumption.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I really hope the 19th Hole doesn’t cost a lot to the WRX bottom line because it’s not remotely near the quality of the other pods currently available for consumption.

I like the 19th hole, excellent guests.

it's that new instructional podcast with Cordie Walker that I have to delete without listening.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

Add that to the list as well, I didn't even know it existed.

The 19th hole plays like an hour-long infomercial for the geriatric.

TG2, Monday's Off, and Gear Drive (once Johnny sorts out the sound issues) are the class pods.

That Westphal and Knudson combo was great for the last Mondays Off episode! Nothing against Tursky at all, they just had a great chemistry IMO!

Keep up the good work!

/a big fan from Sweden

Titleist TSr2 9* - Ventus Blue TR 6X

Titleist TS3 15* - Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TS2 18* - Ventus Black 8X

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2i - Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist 620 MB 4-P - PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 Raw 52F / 56M / WW 60T

Nike 006 Rory Prototype

Gotta give another shout out to Monday’s off!

Great episode today! What was even better, was being surprised by hearing Knudson’s voice instead of Tursky’s usual ripping of West. Haha

Knudson, the Oakland Hills story is still mind blowing. I can’t believe it....

Anyway, if you haven’t listened to it yet, it’s a must!

Big shoutout to forum member "Warrick" for coming on the podcast to talk what's in his bag, his love for Mizuno irons, shaft testing, what woods he prefers, his custom putters and way more. If you want to listen, check it out here: http://www.golfwrx.c...r-mizuno-irons/

Thanks for having me on, quite enjoyed it. Nothing like talking golf with a few great guys for a while.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Big shoutout to forum member "Warrick" for coming on the podcast to talk what's in his bag, his love for Mizuno irons, shaft testing, what woods he prefers, his custom putters and way more. If you want to listen, check it out here: http://www.golfwrx.c...r-mizuno-irons/

Thanks for having me on, quite enjoyed it. Nothing like talking golf with a few great guys for a while.

We know what your name means, but I don't think we ever got your actual connection to FSU? Did you attend? Just a fan? Long lost love...

We know what your name means, but I don't think we ever got your actual connection to FSU? Did you attend? Just a fan? Long lost love...

We were very close with the family of my Mom's best friend. Their daughter went to FSU, had a class with Deion.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I listened to your episode with Mike Schy and just couldn't stop laughing when he explained the Golfing Machine book, "It broke the golf swing down into basically 24 simple components, each one of those components having 144 variations, and then 4 power sources, with four pressure points." Simple as that ha. Then later in the episode casually justifying why Bryson was spraying balls with water at the Tour Championship to stimulate dew. However, there wasn't any early tee times that week, so um... Great episode into the mind of Mike and his unique approach to teaching. However, for as adamant as he was about one length irons I'll stick to my variable lengths.

Love the content so far and I'm an avid listener of podcasts so I'll be catching more episodes in the future.

The Schy interview is the only podcast I've listened to and retained for another listen in the future. I just don't think you can appreciate it all in one listen.

Titleist TSi3 D Smoke Black 60 5.5
Titleist TSi2 3w/7w Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Apex DCB/DG AMT Red
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

Schy was a great interview and we were shocked at all the info he was giving us! So glad he was able to take the time with us!

Agree, i was surprised as well. Overall I continue to enjoy the content below is my feedback.

TG2 - Enjoy - need more member guests because that's who's listening

19th hole - My grandpa listens from the nursing home and says it's his favorite

Mondays off - Good but should really be a segment of TG2 not it's own show

Gear Dive - Enjoy

The Shop (like the idea) - should be a segment of TG2 not it's own show.

Don't water down shows to create new ones, kinda has that vibe. Better to make a longer TG2 with 30min segments with a 1:30 slot. Anyway lots of other reasons to do this but it's too soon to create all of these spin offs. Need to strengthen the base first. Also number your episodes so it's easier to find and reference.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

The podcasts are great. I really enjoy the different hosts and what they all bring to the table. Had to laugh at Knudson's lack of recognition of the glory that is Pebble Beach not even having played it :stop: . Maybe that's why he said that Jack hit a 2 iron into the 17th in '72 (it was a 1 iron) - one of the greatest shots in golf history. And he kind of wondered if Johnny Miller was on the call at all for Tiger's birdie at Sawgrass in 2001. But seriously, just busting your balls a bit and I love the stuff you guys are doing.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

The podcasts are great. I really enjoy the different hosts and what they all bring to the table. Had to laugh at Knudson's lack of recognition of the glory that is Pebble Beach not even having played it :stop: . Maybe that's why he said that Jack hit a 2 iron into the 17th in '72 (it was a 1 iron) - one of the greatest shots in golf history. And he kind of wondered if Johnny Miller was on the call at all for Tiger's birdie at Sawgrass in 2001. But seriously, just busting your balls a bit and I love the stuff you guys are doing.

Bk isn’t wrong about Pebble so he shouldn’t be faulted for not falling for that very expensive mistake. Let’s call a spade a spade, he is trying to wrangle for that Cypress Point invite.

Good luck Knuds.

I love TG2 it’s awesome! Don’t change it at all. Don’t make it shorter. I’m being selfish but I wish there were more.

19th I skip every time. I listened to a few at first and the interviews seemed like paid content softballs.

Geardive NEEDS NEEDS NEEDS to get its production sorted! Half the time it’s volume is so low I have to turn my car stereo to max vol. Then the superspeed ad comes on a LOT louder than the show and that drives me crazy. Seriously the content is great but spend a frickin minute to get the production right.

Monday’s is great too!

I get the 19th hole comments but want to chime and say that Michael Williams is a VERY knowledgeable journeyman, host and interviewer.

The show just needs retooled and I hope it does.

Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

I get the 19th hole comments but want to chime and say that Michael Williams is a VERY knowledgeable journeyman, host and interviewer.

I think it’s fine

What’s bad are the No Layup podcasts where Solomon fellates guests on air. I delete any of their podcasts that isn’t about golf travel.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

I love TG2 it’s awesome! Don’t change it at all. Don’t make it shorter. I’m being selfish but I wish there were more.

19th I skip every time. I listened to a few at first and the interviews seemed like paid content softballs.

Geardive NEEDS NEEDS NEEDS to get its production sorted! Half the time it’s volume is so low I have to turn my car stereo to max vol. Then the superspeed ad comes on a LOT louder than the show and that drives me crazy. Seriously the content is great but spend a frickin minute to get the production right.

Monday’s is great too!

i liked the earlier Gear Dives with Ian Fraser

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

I should add that my only other gripe is that it takes a while to get into the podcast. 5-10 minutes of intro before the topic of the day gets going. While we're young, boys!

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Keep the feedback coming, we really appreciate it. I am working with a few members, setting up schedules, to bring you guys some more content from the forum. We always have a blast talking to you members.

That Westphal and Knudson combo was great for the last Mondays Off episode! Nothing against Tursky at all, they just had a great chemistry IMO!

Keep up the good work!

/a big fan from Sweden

Thank you, I am currently rubbing that in Tursky's face!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

I think its fine

Whats bad are the No Layup podcasts where Solomon fellates guests on air. I delete any of their podcasts that isnt about golf travel.

If you think the NLU podcasts are bad, I'd hate to hear your opinion about the Gear Dive.

It has to be something seriously interesting fo me to listen to that podcast. Between the awful production quality and Johnny Wonder insisting he's not "stroking" someone and stumbling his way through interviews trying to recount facts that should be easy to create notes on, it's pretty much a pass 95% of the time.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1540362-raholland71-witb/#entry16159836"]WITB[/url]
Titleist TS3 9.5*
Titleist TS3 15*
Titleist 818 H2 19*
Miura CB57 4-6
Miura MB001 7-PW
Vokey SM7 Raw 52*
Vokey V Grind 56*
Vokey Low Bounce K 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport Circle T

Keep the feedback coming, we really appreciate it. I am working with a few members, setting up schedules, to bring you guys some more content from the forum. We always have a blast talking to you members.

Keep up the good work!

/a big fan from Sweden

Thank you, I am currently rubbing that in Tursky's face!

It’s, hands down, probably one of my more recent favorite episodes that y’all have done! Sorry Tursky ;)

Jeff Sheets was a very interesting guest on the Gear Dive today... then Johnny Wonder (stage name?) chimes in and blows the 6x9's in my truck out on to the interstate.

C'mon Maaan!

Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

Jeff Sheets was a very interesting guest on the Gear Dive today... then Johnny Wonder (stage name?) chimes in and blows the 6x9's in my truck out on to the interstate.

C'mon Maaan!

Happens to me every time with his show. Especially when his intro music plays. Great show though!

Can’t remember the thread, but I posted a shaft thought I heard along the lines of “Play the softest flex you can control because you’ll get more power out of it because it’s easier to load” and I believe it was j13 who strongly disagreed. Don Brown from Project X agrees with what I posted. Would have liked to have his expound on that more, but a few enjoyable podcast. He officially cleared up the difference between Handcrafted and Non Project X shafts too.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Big fan of TG2 and Gear Dive. But the audio issues on Gear Dive are a distraction. I keep listening because I like the content and I like the host, but the volume difference is killer. As everyone mentioned, the Mike Shy podcast was excellent, I’ve listened to it at least 5 times. The Gear Dive with Charles Howell was also great. Not the biggest fan of the 19th hole. It feels like it has the highest production value, but I just don’t get into it. Mondays Off is pretty solid too. Keep up the good work gents.

Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

Could totally do without the 19th hole, can’t stand his voice and being reminded every ten seconds that I’m listening to the 19th hole....the podcast....that I purposely clicked on to play.... it’s not 1980s radio.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying