MEMBER REVIEWS: TPT Golf Shafts!! See What They Are Saying!!!

My most recent round of golf was GREAT off the tee. I think I finally found my rhythm with my setup.

Averaged 274 from 8 drives, and found 5 fairways. So 62.5% of fairways. And the fairways I did miss, weren't wild shots. The ball flight was actually quite straight. They were just somewhat blind tee shots and odd angles to take, and my lack of course knowledge had me aiming at the wrong spots. So I hit the ball where I wanted to, I just hit it to places I shouldn't have.

Today the tpt was better but was hands down beat out by a hzrdus yellow. The TPT was too heavy and harder to load. The yellow was very similar to the raijin and paired with the g400 was just great. Spin was a little higher but flight and dispersion were markedly improved. Looks like the end of the road for me and the tpt. Thought about putting it in a fairway but probably won't. Thought about a grip change as a last ditch attempt to adjust the feel but I don't think it will help.

Thank you so much to GolfWRX and TPT for allowing me to test and be fit for one of the shafts. It's been a lot of fun and maybe at some point I can find one that ticks all of the boxes. Glad others are happy with them!

Today the tpt was better but was hands down beat out by a hzrdus yellow. The TPT was too heavy and harder to load. The yellow was very similar to the raijin and paired with the g400 was just great. Spin was a little higher but flight and dispersion were markedly improved. Looks like the end of the road for me and the tpt. Thought about putting it in a fairway but probably won't. Thought about a grip change as a last ditch attempt to adjust the feel but I don't think it will help.

Thank you so much to GolfWRX and TPT for allowing me to test and be fit for one of the shafts. It's been a lot of fun and maybe at some point I can find one that ticks all of the boxes. Glad others are happy with them!

Did you also try lighter TPT shafts in fitting? A lot of feedback focuses on shaft but the fitting is a major component.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

My fitting with Jon Sinclair is set for the weekend of Oct 20th. I'll provide details of the day and details of the fitting. Also hoping Jon might have some ideas as to why I'm breaking these shafts.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Did you also try lighter TPT shafts in fitting? A lot of feedback focuses on shaft but the fitting is a major component.

I did but this is what they fit me to so I went with it. I don't remember how any of the others felt. It was hot with no a/c and I was beat.

I did but this is what they fit me to so I went with it. I don't remember how any of the others felt. It was hot with no a/c and I was beat.

I think a LOT of attribution for a club’s performance is mistakenly placed on the club - but it’s the fitting that matters the most, especially for shafts.

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

I think a LOT of attribution for a club’s performance is mistakenly placed on the club - but it’s the fitting that matters the most, especially for shafts.

Yeah a refit could make a difference but it's not in the cards.

Yeah a refit could make a difference but it's not in the cards.

Read your review and was curious as to why they fit you into such a heavier swing weight? Do you think that attributes to it being heavy and harder to load vs the Hzrdus Yellow? Seems like the swing weight of the Hzrdus might be more suitable for your swing.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

Bringing this back to say that the TPT is out for me. I have it in my M3 460 8.5 head and i was having issues with it launching extremely low and the peak height was extremely low too. In other words I was losing a huge amount of carry distance and in wet Wisconsin these past few months no carry distance = no distance at all.

So I wanted to continue using it, I really had some good results from it but that was before a bit of swing change to help reduce my AOA, when I had that swing it launched well and it really helped stop my big miss which was when I got too steep and hit it high and right. I think with a swing like that it was doing what it was advertised to do, help bring in my dispersion and control that miss. Now that I have really put some work in to be a better driver and reduce that AOA from -2.5 to -2 all the way to 0 to +1 I have found that all of its benefits have started to disappear.

That change brought along like I said above, a really low weak ballflight that just lost all carry. I didn't know what to do, I really tried hard to not blame the club, thats honestly the last thing I wanted to, I thought with that swing change I was just not hitting it like I wanted. Then after boosting the loft to 9.25 I started to see a higher ballflight but with increased spin and a big right bias. Thats something I absolutely hate and that made me bring out other drivers and different shafts.

The winner in bringing out older clubs and shafts was what I was playing previously, the HZRDUS T1100, to my immediate surprise it launched like the TPT at 9.25 but with the head standard at 8.5 and with obviously less spin, that combination immediately got my carry distance back and it lost that right bias that was making me angry on the TPT. Higher launching and lower spinning in the HZRDUS is obviously the key to more distance. Lastly, my biggest surprise is that the HZRDUS felt better, like a million times better. The shaft is loading better, it feels less harsh, and I can feel the clubhead better too. I know it's always been a knock on the HZRDUS that the feel is harsh but it felt much better next to the TPT.

It was a good run, but I just don't see myself going back to the TPT after what I have seen going back to the HZRDUS.

Driver - Who knows!?

Ping G430 3W  15@14 Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade TPMC 2011 3-4 X100

Titleist 716MB 5-PW X100

Ping Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 SS X100 50-55, S400 60

Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie 36" CB

I have been enjoying my TPT since I was fit but have just recently picked up a Titleist TS3 to try out so I haven't been hitting my TM M3 as much. I wouldn't mind swapping a Titleist tip on the TPT and trying it in the TS3 but with all the problems with breakage that people have been having, I'm afraid to do any work on the shaft. The walls in the butt end of the TPT shaft were so thin and I don't know if the tip is also thin and applying heat and putting on a new tip might end up causing failure.

I have been enjoying my TPT since I was fit but have just recently picked up a Titleist TS3 to try out so I haven't been hitting my TM M3 as much. I wouldn't mind swapping a Titleist tip on the TPT and trying it in the TS3 but with all the problems with breakage that people have been having, I'm afraid to do any work on the shaft. The walls in the butt end of the TPT shaft were so thin and I don't know if the tip is also thin and applying heat and putting on a new tip might end up causing failure.

I'd have club champion swap adapters.

Seems like many moons ago when this process first started for me. First off let me say thanks yet again to TPT Golf. The trip to see Jon Sinclair was a wonderful experience.

This past weekend I had the honor of spending the day with Jon Sinclair at his studio facility in Euless TX (https://www.sinclairgolf.com/). Jon works with a number of tour pros and has a lot of knowledge – especially when comes to gears 3D type stuff. He also fits and builds for a number of tour guys and his facility is an awesome man-cave.

Jon picked me up from the hotel at 9AM and we got cracking right away on driver. After getting some preliminary numbers with my current gamer we started different shaft/head combos. We took at least 90 minutes on this but I eventually got settled in with this combo: [head] G400 10 LST, [shaft] 14.5 LKP LT

Dispersion was significantly tighter and ball speed increased about 3 mph on overage. This was my best hit of the day:

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

It was fun and exhausting trying all the different shaft/head combos but this was the clear winner in terms of total performance. I increased my ballspeed while tightening dispersion - doesn't get much better than that.

Jon was a really down to earth, nice man that knows his s***. Also, SwingMan stopped by to say hello. It was a pleasure getting to meet a fellow WRX member while in TX. SwingMan has been a student of Jon's for a while now and it was fun having the chance to meet up and get some great TX BBQ.

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer. I haven't played with this setup on the course yet but I'll be sure to provide updates once I start gaming.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Impressive numbers Eric! Sounds like a very cool experience.

I know you didn't get too much time in with the 15 but how much different did the 14.5 feel/perform from what you remember?

Scott, the feel is quite similar imo. The 14.5 is a more stout version that is a little stiffer in the tip and butt section. Turns out I really like the feeling of stout shafts so even though I got great numbers with the 15 Jon was able to get my dispersion tighter when we moved into the 14.5. The extra stability is good for my swing as I'm sensitive to torque.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Let me add another note as to the most impressive part of TPT shafts. My old setup: Cobra F7+ with Xtorsion Copperhead 70TX. I got decent numbers with this setup but I had a hard time controlling the ball. While testing with Jon the furthest point between my biggest miss left and my biggest miss right was 120 yards. That's horrible and I'm not proud of that but I basically had 60 yards to miss on either side of my target.

With the TPT my widest dispersion going from widest left to widest right was 70 yards.

120 yards vs. 70 yards. That's kind of a lot, people.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Great stuff guys! Thank you for all the updates.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi 1k Black 65 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1

Finally got to see what all the hype is about. Special thanks to GolfWRX, TPT Golf Shafts, and Jacques Intriere at Greenwich Golf Fitting Studio in Greenwich CT.

A little bit about me, Tall, lanky, speed to burn. Played hockey all my life thru college, didn't pick up golf until high school and have been playing pretty seriously for the past 6 years or so.

I've been playing a M3 440 9* with a Kiyoshi Black 75 05 at 44 1/4", prior to that was a 2016 M2 head with the same shaft, and my prior driver to that was a Cobra F6+ with a Matrix 8M2 in X flex. Always fought launching high and spinning high, but have hit some of the best drives of my life with the Kiyoshi Black, it's comfortable, the weight fits me well, it's familiar.

Warmed up with some 7 irons, hit a few with my gamer and then we went on to the TPT Shafts.

vsjA4yI.png

I tried the 15 LKP LT LW and the 15 MKP MT SW. Since I normally play my drivers short, and these fitting shafts were a little longer I was able to pick up some club head speed, but I've always felt I've gained speed after a hitting about 30 balls and then generally tire out after 60.

I honestly didn't notice too much of a difference between the two shafts. I've been recovering from a torn glute and am pretty much back at full strength, so we did throw out some bad balls, but overall both shafts felt and performed pretty similar for me. The one thing that I couldn't believe is how STABLE these feel. Even from the "waggle" test the 1st time it just feels I didn't hit too many cuts with it, and while my bad swings still had some bad results, overall it just wanted to go straight. While I turn over my Oban at times a little too much, the TPT seemed to want to go straight. Ball speeds across all heads were low even on shots I felt I flushed. This could be due to the balls, the fitter had chrome soft x's and they appeared to have been hit a decent amount of times, I even broke one of them during the fitting, so that's possible but all other numbers seemed decent, so not exactly sure what happened there.

It still launches a little higher and spins a little higher than what is desirable. My fitter and I both wonder if the 14.5 might help bring the launch and spin down a touch, which would help optimize my numbers, but since I was the 1st person he's fit into TPT and didn't have a 14.5 shaft we made use of what was available.

I still need to get the shaft and get it built and play a few rounds with it, let me know if anyone has any questions. And for those of you who have been worrying about breakage, was constantly swinging the TPT's 120 and over and didn't have any issues, so it seems that the problems that were had during the initial production runs has been corrected.

Which one did you ultimately get fit into?

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Just wanted to provide a quick update: played two rounds and my shaft did not break. Things are looking up :taunt:

Loving it so far. Going to get another round or two with the new cannon and post my thoughts.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

So... I had been playing an epic which i had been fitted for. Loved what the shaft did for ball flight but I also started fighting my swing (generally, not just with driver). So I bought a ping g400 max which so many people have raved about , am going to swap adapters. I am betting I will need a little lower loft (both heads are measured at 10.5*). Will update after enough time/new experience.

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

I had my fitting Saturday flew home last night and played today. The 14 LKP-MT-SW proto was the best shaft for me. My ball speeds were consistently in the upper 170's. I hit 8-11 fw's with it today. Misses were small.

wmblake, the gmax was awesome with these shafts during my fitting. straight-straight combo. I was impressed with it.

It's been a hectic few days and I'll share more about the fitting shortly but Jon Sinclair was phenomenal to work with.

Finally got to see what all the hype is about. Special thanks to GolfWRX, TPT Golf Shafts, and Jacques Intriere at Greenwich Golf Fitting Studio in Greenwich CT.

A little bit about me, Tall, lanky, speed to burn. Played hockey all my life thru college, didn't pick up golf until high school and have been playing pretty seriously for the past 6 years or so.

I've been playing a M3 440 9* with a Kiyoshi Black 75 05 at 44 1/4", prior to that was a 2016 M2 head with the same shaft, and my prior driver to that was a Cobra F6+ with a Matrix 8M2 in X flex. Always fought launching high and spinning high, but have hit some of the best drives of my life with the Kiyoshi Black, it's comfortable, the weight fits me well, it's familiar.

Warmed up with some 7 irons, hit a few with my gamer and then we went on to the TPT Shafts.

vsjA4yI.png

I tried the 15 LKP LT LW and the 15 MKP MT SW. Since I normally play my drivers short, and these fitting shafts were a little longer I was able to pick up some club head speed, but I've always felt I've gained speed after a hitting about 30 balls and then generally tire out after 60.

I honestly didn't notice too much of a difference between the two shafts. I've been recovering from a torn glute and am pretty much back at full strength, so we did throw out some bad balls, but overall both shafts felt and performed pretty similar for me. The one thing that I couldn't believe is how STABLE these feel. Even from the "waggle" test the 1st time it just feels I didn't hit too many cuts with it, and while my bad swings still had some bad results, overall it just wanted to go straight. While I turn over my Oban at times a little too much, the TPT seemed to want to go straight. Ball speeds across all heads were low even on shots I felt I flushed. This could be due to the balls, the fitter had chrome soft x's and they appeared to have been hit a decent amount of times, I even broke one of them during the fitting, so that's possible but all other numbers seemed decent, so not exactly sure what happened there.

It still launches a little higher and spins a little higher than what is desirable. My fitter and I both wonder if the 14.5 might help bring the launch and spin down a touch, which would help optimize my numbers, but since I was the 1st person he's fit into TPT and didn't have a 14.5 shaft we made use of what was available.

I still need to get the shaft and get it built and play a few rounds with it, let me know if anyone has any questions. And for those of you who have been worrying about breakage, was constantly swinging the TPT's 120 and over and didn't have any issues, so it seems that the problems that were had during the initial production runs has been corrected.

Which one did you ultimately get fit into?

Haven't received a shaft yet. My fitter and I are confused about who's supposed to reach out to TPT. He thinks based upon my swing and everything I'd probably be a good fit for the 14.5 seeing as I have speed to burn and could use a touch lower launch and spin, but he did not have one of those for me to try. If not I don't think the 15 MKP MT SW would be a bad fit, but my fitter said my gamer was already pretty optimal based upon what he'd seen.

If no one has told you yet, it should be your fitter reaching out. And it's pretty unlikely they'll send you anything you haven't been fit into. They're pretty adamant about it. Even with the pros.

Jon and I had discussions before I got out there. I let him know what type of shafts I've had success with in the past. I also let him know how good the 15 LKP/LT/LW tipped 1.5" I had in play for about a month was for me. He said we can find that feel and performance without the excessive tipping.

He wanted me to start with the 15 to get some numbers. I've been playing the TM M3 440 since January. I love this head and it was awesome for me with the TPT 15. I let Jon know this was the head for me and he had shafts ready with TM tips. Unfortunately, the head cracked after a few swings. It was a heart breaker. I got it on a trip to the Kingdom. I was told it was put aside for someone on staff after testing out perfect. It was so good to me this year.

We moved to the Ping LST 8.5, which I played before the M3. It was a little bit of an adjustment but it's a head I've always liked. After the 15, we moved to the 14 and 14.5 proto's. Like Eric said, they felt similar to the 15, just a little tighter. The spin was lower and the ball flight was considerably lower for me. No tipping required with these to get the feel I like. Anti left. My normal ball speeds are usually in the low 170's and they were around 176-78 with the 14's. I also tried the GMax in the 14 and man was it easy. Almost zero movement. I was on a very tight schedule and didn't get a chance to take many pics. But the one attached below was my first swing with the GMax . Spin was higher vs. the lst but I see why players like it.

My final build was D4 at 45" and it feels really light and fast. But I can go hard and not worry about the left side. Loving the lower, penetrating ball flight. I played yesterday at my home course. I'm thrilled with the new TPT.

I also had a chance to test the TPT iron shafts in 9, 6 and 3. I thought they were really good.

Jon gave me the best lesson I've had after lunch. You guys down there close to him are very lucky.

Happy to answer any questions.