Pure745's WITB

Stupid question, but did you try the TR shaft in the 917 for comparison? Or the Atmos in the TS3?

Yes - the numbers are with the TR in the 917. The TR shaft was tested against all of the others I listed and was the best in both heads.

It seems like they should be able to get your smash factor higher with a better fit shaft. I would a think a guy with your swing could get to 1.51-1.52 pretty easily. Clearly, you like what you're seeing but it seems like some ball speed is missing for your swing speed. (For reference my swing speeds only hit 117-118 but I can usually get 178-179 off ball speed (1.52)).

When you normalize these numbers it bumps my smash factor up to more "normal" numbers. 1.51-1.52 are all smoke and mirrors Trackman speak - I just care about spin, carry, and dispersion.. which is why I've gone away from any type of indoor driver fitting. I care about what I actually see and where the ball actually land.. not smash factor etc.. don't believe in that stuff anymore, or I should say, I just take it with a grain of salt.

Edit: not sure if you saw the part where all of these numbers are raw with range balls.. premium balls/normalization would bring things up to what you're seeing. This was a good enough test for me since everything was the same.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

3 left now at Walmart bro. Hurry :derisive:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Tai, how did the Speeder TR feel? Read they feel the most "boardy" in the Fuji line.

Actually thought it was really solid feeling. I'd argue the Atmos is way more boardy than the TR. 100% getting the TR, very impressed by it. I was surprised how much I didn't get along with the Diamana or Tensei shafts.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Tai, how did the Speeder TR feel? Read they feel the most "boardy" in the Fuji line.

Actually thought it was really solid feeling. I'd argue the Atmos is way more boardy than the TR. 100% getting the TR, very impressed by it. I was surprised how much I didn't get along with the Diamana or Tensei shafts.

Mate, you crushed that M3/TR combo!! TS3 isn't even close... Definitely thought you'd be going TS3/DF! Might have to test Speeder TR

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

I'm guessing Tensei was getting loose on your strongest swings and spinning on you?

TC Callaway Epic Sub Zero / Fujikura Ventus Black 7 X

TA Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond-T 14° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 X 

Callaway UW 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 X

Titleist TSi3 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 TX

Callaway X Forged UT '21 25°/ Nippon Modus 125-X HS1x 

Srixon Z785 6-PW / Nippon Modus 125-X HS1x

50F Vokey SM8 Jet Black / Nippon Super Peening Blue X

54K Vokey Tour Design Raw / Nippon Super Peening Blue X

58K Vokey SM8 Jet Black / BGT ZNE 130

Piretti Potenza Cu plated 360g / BGT Stability Shaft  

Stupid question, but did you try the TR shaft in the 917 for comparison? Or the Atmos in the TS3?

Yes - the numbers are with the TR in the 917. The TR shaft was tested against all of the others I listed and was the best in both heads.

It seems like they should be able to get your smash factor higher with a better fit shaft. I would a think a guy with your swing could get to 1.51-1.52 pretty easily. Clearly, you like what you're seeing but it seems like some ball speed is missing for your swing speed. (For reference my swing speeds only hit 117-118 but I can usually get 178-179 off ball speed (1.52)).

When you normalize these numbers it bumps my smash factor up to more "normal" numbers. 1.51-1.52 are all smoke and mirrors Trackman speak - I just care about spin, carry, and dispersion.. which is why I've gone away from any type of indoor driver fitting. I care about what I actually see and where the ball actually land.. not smash factor etc.. don't believe in that stuff anymore, or I should say, I just take it with a grain of salt.

Edit: not sure if you saw the part where all of these numbers are raw with range balls.. premium balls/normalization would bring things up to what you're seeing. This was a good enough test for me since everything was the same.

That makes sense! Range balls would make perfect sense. I’m newer to the numbers stuff and just couldn’t wrap my head around why your smash numbers wouldn’t be higher.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

I think you made the right decision (and I have a TM driver, so not being biased)!

Sure the M3 is longer, but it’s not like the TS3 is short! You’ve often disliked drivers because the miss is big, so if you feel comfy with the TS3, have gained a few yards over the 917, but also kept the accuracy, then that’s worth a few yards!

The extra 10 yards isn’t useful if you’re in the cabbage.

Dad golf is all about keeping it in play when you haven’t swung a club for 2 weeks, and it sounds like the TS3 will do that perfectly!

Taylormade M2 2017
Mizuno MX700 3W
Titleist 909h 19*
Srixon U65 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Cleveland 588 RTXcb 50, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

I think you made the right decision (and I have a TM driver, so not being biased)!

Sure the M3 is longer, but it’s not like the TS3 is short! You’ve often disliked drivers because the miss is big, so if you feel comfy with the TS3, have gained a few yards over the 917, but also kept the accuracy, then that’s worth a few yards!

Dad golf is all about keeping it in play when you haven’t swung a club for 2 weeks, and it sounds like the TS3 will do that perfectly!

Preach.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Dad golf is all about keeping it in play when you haven’t swung a club for 2 weeks

Post of the year, lol! But seriously.. so true. Today I played with 3 pros and my buddy who's a +1. I had 7 birdies through 12 then the whiskey kicked in and I cooled way down.. shot -2 (70) as a 2 and was pretty happy with that.

The pros were pissed because they had to give me so many shots and I shot a good round.. but honestly.. I literally never practice, my warm up is jumping off a conference call on the tee box and pouring out some Nikka and just hoping for the best. Today it was really good, but most days are just like you said. It's really funny the difference in reaction when a 2 shoots 70 vs. when I shoot 79 or 80 :)

I just told them, you guys play for a living.. I play once a week if I'm lucky.. I just played well today, not sure what else to say. My game is definitely coming back.. my index is going to drop back down towards scratch. The Mizunos are $$$$ little ballooning in the CTL's, but overall still really like them. The 917 is still ole faithful, but today it was the Scotty.. very hot.

Pure - will you fit for the Fujikura Speeder TR 757 TX flex?

It was an X, but I think I have a TX coming.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Totally agree with the dad golf comment if you are hitting fairways not much shorter in distance then a massive win in my books

Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*, UST Attas Prototype DK 7x 44.5"

5wood: Ping G400 16.5*, Ping Tour 7x 42"

2iron: Srixon ZX 18* , Aerotech steelfiber i95s, 1* Flat standard Length.

3hybrid: Ping G410 20* Flat, Fujikura 2.0 8x

4&5irons: Ping i200 , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

6-pw: Ping i Blade , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 52* & 58* , Aerotech Steelfiber i95s. 1*Flat

Putter: Nike Method 001 "Oven" flowneck.

Grips: Lamkin UTX 

Ball: Vice Pro Plus (white & Neon yellow)

Dad golf is all about keeping it in play when you haven’t swung a club for 2 weeks

Post of the year, lol! But seriously.. so true. Today I played with 3 pros and my buddy who's a +1. I had 7 birdies through 12 then the whiskey kicked in and I cooled way down.. shot -2 (70) as a 2 and was pretty happy with that.

The pros were pissed because they had to give me so many shots and I shot a good round.. but honestly.. I literally never practice, my warm up is jumping off a conference call on the tee box and pouring out some Nikka and just hoping for the best. Today it was really good, but most days are just like you said. It's really funny the difference in reaction when a 2 shoots 70 vs. when I shoot 79 or 80 :)

I just told them, you guys play for a living.. I play once a week if I'm lucky.. I just played well today, not sure what else to say. My game is definitely coming back.. my index is going to drop back down towards scratch. The Mizunos are $$$$ little ballooning in the CTL's, but overall still really like them. The 917 is still ole faithful, but today it was the Scotty.. very hot.

Pure - will you fit for the Fujikura Speeder TR 757 TX flex?

It was an X, but I think I have a TX coming.

I think you just realign expectations when the little ones arrive and you stop practicing.

I’ve played some of my best golf since the kids arrived 3 years ago, and also some of the worst. The difference is that I’m not really bothered by a bad round - the kids don’t care what you shoot, just that you’ve had fun.

I have no idea what my shot shape is anymore, it varies from game to game, depending on how much sleep I’ve had, how sore my back is after carrying the kids around and whether the car was still rolling when I jumped out of it to get to the first tee! I accepted a while ago that the days of hitting the centre of the club are gone, so finding clubs that help the bad strikes and keep the ball in play, are the ones that keep things enjoyable!

You’re obviously still playing good golf, and giving the pros a beating is a sure sign of that!!!

Taylormade M2 2017
Mizuno MX700 3W
Titleist 909h 19*
Srixon U65 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Cleveland 588 RTXcb 50, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

The Mizunos are $$$$ little ballooning in the CTL's, but overall still really like them.

Lower expectations make the good rounds so much more fun. ;-)

Any more detailed thoughts on the CTL? Have you considered hard-stepping them or still too early to come to a conclusion about them?

I'm still tempted to go with the CTL that were recommended - the S Taper I decided to try do seem to spin more than I'd like, so I'm toying with the idea of CTL, maybe Tour V or getting a spare set of C Taper that I've got in the garage and going back to them.

The 919 Tours are great - no complaints whatsoever with them.

Taylormade M1 440 - Tensei CK Pro Orange TX
Adams VST Hybrid (19) - GD AD-DI X
Tour Edge Exotics CB4 (4 wood) - GD AD-DI X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (5-PW) KBS S-Taper S
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (4) KBS S-Taper S
Taylormade Milled Grind (52 & 58, SB) - Nippon Modus 130 S
Taylormade Spider Tour (red) / Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport
Titleist Pro V1
Feeling sad and neglected: Taylormade P750 (4-PW) / Srixon 765 (4-PW) - Nippon Modus 3 130 S

The Mizunos are $$$$ little ballooning in the CTL's, but overall still really like them.

Any more detailed thoughts on the CTL? Have you considered hard-stepping them or still too early to come to a conclusion about them?

I'm still tempted to go with the CTL that were recommended - the S Taper I decided to try do seem to spin more than I'd like, so I'm toying with the idea of CTL, maybe Tour V or getting a spare set of C Taper that I've got in the garage and going back to them.

If I didn't have the hand surgery, I'd still be playing X100's. My speed is definitely back, and probably should go back to them, but I just don't like the thought of swinging a 130g shaft anymore. The CTL's have been hard stepped and so far have been really good, much better than the Titleist set with the PXLZ. My dispersion is way better, much less curve, I'm really surprised at how straight they go. I can still work them but usually my ball would have a slight tail in the wind or tend to overcut/spin, that has gone away with the new set. For a blade type iron, I have hit some eye opening shots where I definitely missed and the ball ended up amazingly well.

The CTL has a different profile than the normal CT's, so I'd triple check on that. I didn't like the $ or S taper at all in the past, the Tour V was the one shaft from KBS that I would actually game till I got fit to the CTL. The CT 130 is probably my top 2 least favorite shafts I've hit, the CTL is a completely different animal. I think rather than chasing a little less spin, if it's windy, I'll just play a TP5X or Bridgestone ball to cut the spin down 2-300 rpm.

Also - the S18 46 and 50 have been a huge shock. I really like them, I wouldn't replace my Vokeys in the 55/60 with them, but they are great in the PW and GW spot. They look a lot better to my eye than then SM7 in the clubs I take full swings with for whatever reason, they feel better too. They sit a little different but I have gotten used to it.

The Fli-Hi is $$, keeping that as well. I'm not sure I'll switch anything else except my new driver, probably 3wd, and new wedge shafts in the 55/60.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

If I didn't have the hand surgery, I'd still be playing X100's. My speed is definitely back, and probably should go back to them, but I just don't like the thought of swinging a 130g shaft anymore.

Have you ever tried AMT? I recognize they're not for everybody and suppose you might over-power the long irons but would allow for an old friend in the mid to short irons. They're perfect for me - although I swing my 5 iron at about the same speed as you do a knock down pitching wedge.

Anyway, you may want to consider them when you order your CB/MB combo one millisecond after the 720 series photos are released next June...

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X

If I didn't have the hand surgery, I'd still be playing X100's. My speed is definitely back, and probably should go back to them, but I just don't like the thought of swinging a 130g shaft anymore.

Have you ever tried AMT? I recognize they're not for everybody and suppose you might over-power the long irons but would allow for an old friend in the mid to short irons. They're perfect for me - although I swing my 5 iron at about the same speed as you do a knock down pitching wedge.

Anyway, you may want to consider them when you order your CB/MB combo one millisecond after the 720 series photos are released next June...

Tried the AMT's, they spun like crazy in the long irons. Have you seen the new 720's? If they're slight iterations of the last however many models, I'll be passing, really bored with the Titleist irons, and the 919 Tours are that much better already. But, you never know.. I've eaten my words a few times on here. :tongue: :drinks:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

If I didn't have the hand surgery, I'd still be playing X100's. My speed is definitely back, and probably should go back to them, but I just don't like the thought of swinging a 130g shaft anymore. The CTL's have been hard stepped and so far have been really good, much better than the Titleist set with the PXLZ. My dispersion is way better, much less curve, I'm really surprised at how straight they go. I can still work them but usually my ball would have a slight tail in the wind or tend to overcut/spin, that has gone away with the new set. For a blade type iron, I have hit some eye opening shots where I definitely missed and the ball ended up amazingly well.

The CTL has a different profile than the normal CT's, so I'd triple check on that. I didn't like the $ or S taper at all in the past, the Tour V was the one shaft from KBS that I would actually game till I got fit to the CTL. The CT 130 is probably my top 2 least favorite shafts I've hit, the CTL is a completely different animal. I think rather than chasing a little less spin, if it's windy, I'll just play a TP5X or Bridgestone ball to cut the spin down 2-300 rpm.

Also - the S18 46 and 50 have been a huge shock. I really like them, I wouldn't replace my Vokeys in the 55/60 with them, but they are great in the PW and GW spot. They look a lot better to my eye than then SM7 in the clubs I take full swings with for whatever reason, they feel better too. They sit a little different but I have gotten used to it.

The Fli-Hi is $$, keeping that as well. I'm not sure I'll switch anything else except my new driver, probably 3wd, and new wedge shafts in the 55/60.

Cheers for that. It's a good point about using a different ball to shave off some spin.

The Tour V is the only one that I haven't tried. My local pro rates it highly and has suggested that I try it.

The S Taper doesn't seem to be what I was hoping it would be - for me, it seems to be far too close to KBS Tour for comfort.

The CTL definitely feel and play significantly different to the CT, to the extent that I think the only reason they are both called C Taper is the appearance being the same... I don't mind the CT 130 - I always seem to respond better to heavier shafts - but I'd like to be playing something lighter due to a niggling shoulder issue, hence the questions about the CTL. It's certainly got a nice feel and dispersion seemed good when I tried it.

Glad the S18s are working out. Mizuno are producing some great stuff at the moment. I have a feeling that they might have even managed to make a decent driver. I might have to give the Flight-Hi a go - I can't remembering hearing any negative feedback about them.

I'll be watching to see what happens with your driver and fairway with interest. The drivers I've always been most able to reliably find fairways with have always been Titleist and the TS have been getting some great reviews.

Titleist Pro V1
Feeling sad and neglected: Taylormade P750 (4-PW) / Srixon 765 (4-PW) - Nippon Modus 3 130 S

you try out the DG x100 120s? May help with the hand surgery

Cheers for that. It's a good point about using a different ball to shave off some spin.

The Tour V is the only one that I haven't tried. My local pro rates it highly and has suggested that I try it.

The S Taper doesn't seem to be what I was hoping it would be - for me, it seems to be far too close to KBS Tour for comfort.

The CTL definitely feel and play significantly different to the CT, to the extent that I think the only reason they are both called C Taper is the appearance being the same... I don't mind the CT 130 - I always seem to respond better to heavier shafts - but I'd like to be playing something lighter due to a niggling shoulder issue, hence the questions about the CTL. It's certainly got a nice feel and dispersion seemed good when I tried it.

Glad the S18s are working out. Mizuno are producing some great stuff at the moment. I have a feeling that they might have even managed to make a decent driver. I might have to give the Flight-Hi a go - I can't remembering hearing any negative feedback about them.

I'll be watching to see what happens with your driver and fairway with interest. The drivers I've always been most able to reliably find fairways with have always been Titleist and the TS have been getting some great reviews.

My understanding is that the Ctaper and Ctaper lite have the same profile. Only difference is the lite is lighter weight.

http://www.golfshaftreviews.info/kbs-tour-c-taper-lite-golf-club-shaft-review/

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Working Dad golf is still once a week? Sign me up! That’s more like single with no kids golf around here. One round every 3 or 4 weeks is my luck.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Working Dad golf is still once a week? Sign me up! That's more like single with no kids golf around here. One round every 3 or 4 weeks is my luck.

Ehh.. not sure what to say buddy. Single with no kids = no golf ever :tongue: :drinks:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Dad golf is all about keeping it in play when you haven't swung a club for 2 weeks

Working Dad golf is still once a week? Sign me up! That's more like single with no kids golf around here. One round every 3 or 4 weeks is my luck.

You gotta join a club where you can play a quick 9 in an hour. In my house that's called "honey i'm working a little later today i'll be home an hour late" :telephone: :golfer:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Dad golf is all about keeping it in play when you haven't swung a club for 2 weeks

You gotta join a club where you can play a quick 9 in an hour. In my house that's called "honey i'm working a little later today i'll be home an hour late" :telephone: :golfer:

Oh I have that with my club already. If I pull that card though the wife will say “you stink like golf!” the moment I walk in the door . Maybe I should upgrade to a new wife that doesn’t give me grief every time I want to play golf!

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

My understanding is that the Ctaper and Ctaper lite have the same profile. Only difference is the lite is lighter weight.

http://www.golfshaft...b-shaft-review/

They might have the same (or extremely similar) EI profile but I wouldn't say they play the same or that you could compare the S flex C Taper to the same flex in C Taper Lite, for example.

Titleist Pro V1

They might have the same (or extremely similar) EI profile but I wouldn't say they play the same or that you could compare the S flex C Taper to the same flex in C Taper Lite, for example.

Just saw a video where KBS is stating the CTL flex profile is designed to help get the launch up quicker vs. CT. Also 115 vs. 140g in the X-Flex for respective models. Swinging both, they feel different to me, the profile and the weight. Much less boardy feel in the CTL.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Just saw a video where KBS is stating the CTL flex profile is designed to help get the launch up quicker vs. CT. Also 115 vs. 140g in the X-Flex for respective models. Swinging both, they feel different to me, the profile and the weight. Much less boardy feel in the CTL.

if only they the ctaper was like it was suppose to be, a project x with good feel, that would of been $$$

Have you got a link to that?

They look the same, but that's about where the similarities end.

Titleist Pro V1

Have you got a link to that?

They look the same, but that's about where the similarities end.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

if only they the ctaper was like it was suppose to be, a project x with good feel, that would of been $$$

To me they succeeded in that. can't stand Project X and love C Taper X.

shows how feel is subjective.

I do also love my s400s in my 2 lowest lofted clubs.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217