Is Malbon Golf the New Big Baller Brand

Shinners

As many of you know Malbon Golf did a collaboration with Nike called "Pray for the Youth." Myself and several other colleagues have ordered items on their website but still have not received the them. According to their website,it states items will be shipped in10 days. I still have not received any updates regarding my order. When I look at their social media page (Instagram), it seems like all they do is play golf. Also,if you look close at the images on their Nike products, it looks photoshopped. I am wondering if they even had the products in hand. I am wondering anyone received their items.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give them a call to see what the status is or at the least email them. If you, or a friend, live in California they have a retail store you can always visit.

In another thread, this was someones experience

I never heard of this company but I definitely won't spend a dime with them. How do they get away with having Tiger Woods photos on their website ?

They are working with Nike.

I ordered the Nike shirt and hat that they dropped last week. Shipping was 10 days from date of order, but just received an e-mail yesterday that it was going to be an additional 14 days. We'll see how this ends.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

A couple of things on this one:

1. They sent out an e-mail to some almost a full week AFTER the drop and said that the wait time would now be "14 BUSINESS days" starting at that point in time before items sent;

2. They canceled and refunded many people and their items stating that Nike "short changed" them (or they oversold) product; and,

3. They are piece mail shipping out items it appears from several people

This on top of issues with many of their products from the past. Not sure what is going on with them, but it is definitely a crappy business model to be following if you want to maintain loyal customers.

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Irons: Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Mk II w/ Nippon Modus 115 LE Black Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

Are these the people who sell 19 dollar t shirts for 65 bucks? 135 dollar head covers and 36 dollar gloves? Cause those guys are as shady as they come.

TM SIM2 Stock Ventus

TM SIM2 MAX Rocket Oban Devotion
Callaway Rogue 17 Degree Project X Even Flow Blue
Titleist TS2 21 Degree Tensei Blue
Titleist T300 5-GW Nippon 950GH
Vokey SM6 54 + 58 KBS C Taper
Odyssey EXO 7s
Vice Pro Plus / Kirkland Signature

I have no idea who Malbon Golf is or what "big baller brand" even means.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

I've had good experiences with them. Maybe they shouldn't do so many collaborations; I tried to get a product through them that they did with another company and came up dry even though the other company had the item (I wanted to give Malbon my business). But they clearly have a good vibe going with their stuff -- I watched an HBO show the other night and an actor was wearing a Malbon shirt. That takes some effort to pull off.

But at the end of the day it's soft goods, of course it's marked-up stuff with a logo. There are guys that will pay $135 for a headcover without blinking and others who think that's the craziest thing ever.

Big Baller Brand is LaVar Ball’s brand of overpriced athletic apparel that tries to capitalize on his son Lonzo’s status of professional basketball player (as well as LaVar’s big mouth).

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

I'm in the camp of people that ordered something from the Nike x Malbon release. I picked up the hat (everything else was either overpriced or too extra for me). I got the "it will be 14 additional business days" email like Lopey did who was quoted above. It definitely seems to me that this was a pre order not labeled as a pre order. They either drastically under-ordered from Nike before the items were posted for sale or they were waiting to see how much interest there was before placing the actual order. Those aren't always bad things, but I would have liked to know it was a pre order before I purchased anything. I would be even more upset if I dropped a few hundred bucks on multiple pieces.

I do think Malbon is an interesting lifestyle / social media company, but their transition into being a retail "brand" is not off to a good start as far as I am concerned.

Then this may not be the thread for you :dntknw:

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Oh yes, this is the idiot who's son got arrested in China for stealing.

Garbage!

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

I'm in the camp of people that ordered something from the Nike x Malbon release. I picked up the hat (everything else was either overpriced or too extra for me). I got the "it will be 14 additional business days" email like Lopey did who was quoted above. It definitely seems to me that this was a pre order not labeled as a pre order. They either drastically under-ordered from Nike before the items were posted for sale or they were waiting to see how much interest there was before placing the actual order. Those aren't always bad things, but I would have liked to know it was a pre order before I purchased anything. I would be even more upset if I dropped a few hundred bucks on multiple pieces.

I do think Malbon is an interesting lifestyle / social media company, but their transition into being a retail "brand" is not off to a good start as far as I am concerned.

But it sounded fascinating. Then I got confused

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

But it sounded fascinating. Then I got confused

Haha you are probably better off not getting stuck down the BBB rabbit hole. You'll be watching interviews for days.

I had to look at their website and did I read that correctly? Some type of business partnership with Justin Bieber?

Yup, trying way too hard to be cool. Hard pass.

[color=#000000]Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x[/color]
[color=#000000]Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
Cameron Select NP2[/color]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/533027-jlevitt9s-witb-set-for-2013-possibly/"]WITB Link[/url]

I don't know where this company started, but this stuff doesn't look nearly original enough to justify these prices.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Yeah, 14 business days was 10/12. It's now 10/22 and i've received no response to 3 e-mails i've sent inquiring about when they would be shipping. Order status on my hat and shirt still just say "confirmed". Someone else said they received an e-mail that there order was shipping but 2 days later USPS still just says the shipping label was created and they don't actually have the package yet.

So, yeah, it's not looking great. I'll probably give them this week to see if the items ship or they respond to my e-mails before I just do a chargeback on my credit card because it's not worth the hassle.

Also, someone is already selling the nike x malbon hat on the classifieds...so i guess it's cool that someone was able to actually get their hands on one.

Yeah, 14 business days was 10/12. It's now 10/22 and i've received no response to 3 e-mails i've sent inquiring about when they would be shipping. Order status on my hat and shirt still just say "confirmed". Someone else said they received an e-mail that there order was shipping but 2 days later USPS still just says the shipping label was created and they don't actually have the package yet.

So, yeah, it's not looking great. I'll probably give them this week to see if the items ship or they respond to my e-mails before I just do a chargeback on my credit card because it's not worth the hassle.

Also, someone is already selling the nike x malbon hat on the classifieds...so i guess it's cool that someone was able to actually get their hands on one.

I went back and replied to the "14 business days" email asking for an update. They replied in a day or two and said it would be shipping out this week, apologized for the delay.

I was just scrolling up this thread and this is the ad that I saw...

opL2yUQ.png

Then I refreshed and got this one

8hyajCK.png

Big Baller Brand sounds like it should be used in a sentence with "Minty", "Gamer" and "OG"

Cobra LTDx 10* UST Helium Nanocore 5F3
Cobra LTDx 18.5* UST Helium nanocore 5F3
PXG 0311XF Gen5 19* Hybrid Project X Cypher 5.5
PXG 0311 P Gen5 4-PW True Temper Elevate MP 95G S
RTX-3 50 bent to 51, 54 bent to 55 DG Ti Onyx S400
Wilson Staff PMP 58* DG S200
Scotty Cameron 009 A012056

Wow!! I Just went to the web site. It’s just a “brand”. They dont make anything.

What a pathetic selection of rebranded wildly overpriced crap!! It’s incredible. People are actually buying stuff from these jack wads??

$36 glove?, $65 tee shirt? Holy moly. And then you’ve got to pray that whoever makes the stuff for them will come though with the product after you order it. You’re at the mercy of two, maybe even three companies production and supply problems.

Absolutely One of the biggest jokes I’ve ever seen.

opL2yUQ.png

8hyajCK.png

Those are Google Ads and that's probably what they call "re-targeting". You must have visited the Malbon Golf website and they put a cookie on you and keep advertising to you after you've left.

I went back and replied to the "14 business days" email asking for an update. They replied in a day or two and said it would be shipping out this week, apologized for the delay.

Yeah that's the e-mail I replied to but still never heard back. Like I said, i'll give them this week then just do a chargeback if they never communicate.

This is a quote from Vogue magazine story

Now, they’re taking on the golf world. Why? Because they both deeply love the sport but see it in decline. “The mission,” Erica explains, “is to introduce the sport to the youth, because golf isn’t at its peak right now.”

How can young kids afford this stuff, putting their logo on puma and nike gear isn’t growing the game .

Wow!! I Just went to the web site. It’s just a “brand”. They dont make anything.

What a pathetic selection of rebranded wildly overpriced crap!! It’s incredible. People are actually buying stuff from these jack wads??

$36 glove?, $65 tee shirt? Holy moly. And then you’ve got to pray that whoever makes the stuff for them will come though with the product after you order it. You’re at the mercy of two, maybe even three companies production and supply problems.

Absolutely One of the biggest jokes I’ve ever seen.

But it's L.A., where wearing a BRAND is everything. And the store out there has more of a hangout vibe than a retail one. I'd say they're doing fine to that audience. Moving product across the country seems to be another matter.

Those are Google Ads and that's probably what they call "re-targeting". You must have visited the Malbon Golf website and they put a cookie on you and keep advertising to you after you've left.

Yeah I got that, I just thought it was funny that I was getting Malbon adds on the thread aimed at speaking poorly about the company.

The ‘growing the game claim’ that I’ve seen thrown around by supporters is laughable. Urban cool, skater culture, edgy, debatable.

I do like their logo, but wouldn’t shell out the cash for their collaborations.

That said, I don’t get the Yeezy stuff either.

As I’ve said in other threads (Eg. Swag) I think I’m an ‘old soul’ trapped in a 39 year old body. Maybe I’m just plain ‘old’.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon