2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Pure745's WITB

if only they the ctaper was like it was suppose to be, a project x with good feel, that would of been $$$

To me they succeeded in that. can't stand Project X and love C Taper X.

shows how feel is subjective.

I do also love my s400s in my 2 lowest lofted clubs.

I think it comes down to people getting in the right flex/weight. I absolutely have never disliked a shaft more than the C Taper 130X. But, I actually get the PX performance with good feel out of the C Taper 125 S+...I see that happen a lot in PX shafts, where folks just need to swallow the ego a bit.

if only they the ctaper was like it was suppose to be, a project x with good feel, that would of been $$$

I think it comes down to people getting in the right flex/weight. I absolutely have never disliked a shaft more than the C Taper 130X. But, I actually get the PX performance with good feel out of the C Taper 125 S+...I see that happen a lot in PX shafts, where folks just need to swallow the ego a bit.

I find weight matters more than flex for me, flex being relative to each model of shaft and not even consistent in different models from the same manufacturer. I thought the C Taper 130 felt great but apparently I don't fit into it and it's like rebar?

Taylormade M1 440 - Tensei CK Pro Orange TX
Adams VST Hybrid (19) - GD AD-DI X
Tour Edge Exotics CB4 (4 wood) - GD AD-DI X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (5-PW) KBS S-Taper S
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (4) KBS S-Taper S
Taylormade Milled Grind (52 & 58, SB) - Nippon Modus 130 S
Taylormade Spider Tour (red) / Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport
Titleist Pro V1
Feeling sad and neglected: Taylormade P750 (4-PW) / Srixon 765 (4-PW) - Nippon Modus 3 130 S

All personal Präferenzen. I like the feel of PX better than any KBS shaft I‘ve hit so far (hit most I think).

Just helps feedback and really makes me feel impact so much clearer. I really feel the ball compress on the face. With other shafts I hit and have to look down to see wether I hit the ball at all

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

yea, I think he made them a bit too stiff to really hit the mark, slightly softer all around and would of been better. You just don't see them much on tour but they were hot on tour when they first came out.

Ok - comparison pics finally.

Mizzy%20Compare2.jpg

7 iron - 919T vs. 718 MB

Mizzy%20Compare1.jpg

5 iron - vs. 718 CB (not MB)

Mizzy%20Compare3.jpg

PW - S18 vs. SM7

Mizzy%20Compare4.jpg

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

The S18 wedge looks way better than the SM7's. How's the grinds working for ya?

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Agreed. I only have it in the 46 and 50, so full shots. They work really well, prefer them to the SM7. I have the V grinds in the 55 60 and won't be changing those.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Agreed.

Following qualified by the fact for the last 20+ years, I have played nothing but Mizuno and Titleist (with a brief fling with Ping) and that I have lived in Japan for 4-1/2 years and actually ordered Mizuno product from Japanese retailers sourced from Yoro.

Happy for anybody to have their own taste - especially Pure in his own WITB... However, IMO not only do I respectfully disagree with both subjective opinions quoted, but I also offer that it obfuscates the fact that for decades Mizuno has produced iron sets that were legendary from 1i through 7i or 8i whilst the 8, 9, PW look like they were designed by a below average apprentice after a long night of low quality sake and really bad karaoke.

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X

Agreed.

Following qualified by the fact for the last 20+ years, I have played nothing but Mizuno and Titleist (with a brief fling with Ping) and that I have lived in Japan for 4-1/2 years and actually ordered Mizuno product from Japanese retailers sourced from Yoro.

Happy for anybody to have their own taste - especially Pure in his own WITB... However, IMO not only do I respectfully disagree with both subjective opinions quoted, but I also offer that it obfuscates the fact that for decades Mizuno has produced iron sets that were legendary from 1i through 7i or 8i whilst the 8, 9, PW look like they were designed by a below average apprentice after a long night of low quality sake and really bad karaoke.

Is this the first time the word “obfuscates” has been used on this site? Me thinks yes.

the Tour 8/9 are far better than my previous Mp5 which had the ugliest 8 bellow irons.

I love m 4 vokeys and would only change them for some custom Artisan wedges once these wear out.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Agreed.

Is this the first time the word “obfuscates” has been used on this site? Me thinks yes.

I hate it when facts get obfuscated

Agreed.

I agree that short irons in the Mizzy's, mainly the PW for me, shape has been way off. The S18 is a nice shape and much better than the set PW or any other PW I've seen from Mizzy in a while. I have all sorts of shapes of wedges from custom DW Scratch, SM5-7, all kinds.. the S18 seems pretty simple and to the point to me, nothing really for me to form too much of an opinion about either way, other than it looks good to my eye and blends better into the 919 set than the SM7 does. You can respectfully disagree.. however, the shape to me is very pure and classic - much more in line with other wedge makers and not close to the weird looking Mizuno PW lineage :)

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Agreed.

A little too much time in the bar after a long day of conference meetings. Don't drink and WRX...

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X

Aviador I think you were the one drinking cheap sake :busted_cop:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

A little too much time in the bar after a long day of conference meetings. Don't drink and WRX...

From here out I'm requesting that you only post in this thread when drinking :drinks:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Mizuno never had a great PW reputation but I don't mind the 919 and I've got to say that the picture you posted of the S18 wedge looked great.

Posting while drinking as requested. :drinks:

Titleist Pro V1
Feeling sad and neglected: Taylormade P750 (4-PW) / Srixon 765 (4-PW) - Nippon Modus 3 130 S

Never would have guessed. ;)

Titleist Pro V1

Pure - are you not sure enough about the 919 to update your signature or have you given up as it changes so often? ;)

Titleist Pro V1

Pure - are you not sure enough about the 919 to update your signature or have you given up as it changes so often? ;)

Been too busy fixing up my car lol!

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Picking up the Mizzy's tomorrow. Doing a driver fitting at Cool Clubs.. they have a better shaft selection to test vs. TPI/demo days which are just the stock Titleist offerings. After seeing how my Atmos Black performed in the same settings in the TS3, I think I can get a lot more out of the TS3 with a new shaft. I've been out of the shaft game for a while so I want to see what's new. Really interested in the new Diamana.

You going to play more in '19?

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

Picking up the Mizzy's tomorrow. Doing a driver fitting at Cool Clubs.. they have a better shaft selection to test vs. TPI/demo days which are just the stock Titleist offerings. After seeing how my Atmos Black performed in the same settings in the TS3, I think I can get a lot more out of the TS3 with a new shaft. I've been out of the shaft game for a while so I want to see what's new. Really interested in the new Diamana.

Going to try. Definitely. Obviously still love the game, tinkering with equipment etc.. but as long as my family's wellbeing is always put first I'll golf as much as I can fit it in. Have seen too many people (we both know) who have lost perspective and have suffered in other aspects of life. Luckily we live really close to the club and the club is also more than just golf, so I find it more convenient to go to in general. Work and kid and wife wants more kids = creative scheduling :) I've been doing a lot of our club events, 0 invitationals this year and passed on some good ones unfortunately.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Going to try. Definitely. Obviously still love the game, tinkering with equipment etc.. but as long as my family's wellbeing is always put first I'll golf as much as I can fit it in. Have seen too many people (we both know) who have lost perspective and have suffered in other aspects of life. Luckily we live really close to the club and the club is also more than just golf, so I find it more convenient to go to in general. Work and kid and wife wants more kids = creative scheduling :) I've been doing a lot of our club events, 0 invitationals this year and passed on some good ones unfortunately.

Try to pre-plan the big qualifiers next year. And come join the Scratch Tournament thread.

Try to pre-plan the big qualifiers next year. And come join the Scratch Tournament thread.

Pre-plan with a 2 year old and full work schedule while wife wants another baby .. :cheesy: :censored2: Damnit Obee..

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Pre-plan with a 2 year old and full work schedule while wife wants another baby .. :cheesy: :censored2: Damnit Obee..

Dude the second part can take place during non golfing hours ?

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Somebody's a little bit whiney....

• 2 weeks later...