GPS holder for push cart?

Shipwreck ·  
ShipwreckShipwreck Members  4009WRX Points: 323Handicap: 6.2Posts: 4,009 Titanium Tees
I'm looking at getting a G6 for Christmas, and I'd like to be able to mount it to the handle of my push cart. Is there a specific holster that people are using? Or will any old holster work well?
Posted:

Bag as of 14MAY2019
Driver - Cobra F9 Speedback w/ Evenflow White 76x
3w - Cobra F8 w/ HZRDS RED 6.5
Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
Irons - Titleist 718 AP2 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 4-9
Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 46/50/54/60
Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7

Comments

• Argonne69Argonne69 Members  23457WRX Points: 7,406Posts: 23,457 Titanium Tees
    Good timing. I was looking for the same thing. I purchased one of these, although I haven't received it yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XQ2VEQ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Caddie Buddy looks to be quite popular: https://www.amazon.com/Caddie-Buddy-SkyCaddie-skycaddie-button/dp/B002FXICXM

Here's another that looks interesting:

https://www.amazon.com/ChargrCity-Exclusive-GF1-Temporary-SkyCaddie/dp/B009DS9X9Y/ref=sr_1_45?s=golf&ie=UTF8&qid=1479145751&sr=1-45&keywords=bag

Unfortunately the weather is taking a turn for the worse in the Midwest, so I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to try it out this year.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX  2207WRX Points: 290Handicap: 15Posts: 2,207 ClubWRX
    I use one of these with a Clicgear. http://www.clicgear.com/accessories/gps-holder.php

What brand cart do you have.
    Posted:

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6 S, TM M5, 13*, MC Diamana Thump 75 S
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 119 19*, 22*, Project X EvenFlow Blue Hybrid 85 6.0
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 55*, 60*, Accra 80i
    Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2 blacked out, KBS CT Tour, 355g, 33”, SS Mid-slim 2.0
    Ball: Maxfli Tour
    Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid/BagBoy Quad XL
    Accessories: SkyCaddie SX400/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
    dbdors wrote:

I use one of these with a Clicgear. http://www.clicgear..../gps-holder.php

What brand cart do you have.

I have a ClicGear, but I don't like the idea of having to put a button on the back of the GPS. My Skycaddie Touch already has a button on the back, which I'm sure would interfere with the 2nd button. Also, this model does not allow for the device to be angled. It's a take or leave it position.
    Posted:
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members  2511WRX Points: 142Handicap: 4-6Posts: 2,511 Titanium Tees
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQJCVSE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this for my BB Quad and my iPhone. It's worked out very well when I do walk.
    Posted:
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • LONGBALL777LONGBALL777 Members  130WRX Points: 53Handicap: 20Posts: 130 Fairways
    I was going to start this type of thread today. I have a Izzo Swami GPS, and a CaddyTek push cart. Any suggestions?
    Posted:
    After trying several expensive clamps, I wound up going with this: https://www.ebay.com...0:pf:0&LH_BIN=1

It's simple, cheap ($3.50), and gets the job done. No messing around with screws or clamps. It swings out of the way when I fold my cart, and yet it has a firm grip on the handle bar.

s-l1600.jpg
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • BargegolfBargegolf Members  85WRX Points: 70Posts: 85 Fairways
    Hi there, do you think that contraption would work with the latest Skycaddie? It has a 5 inch screen and didn't come with a holster.
    Posted:
    I would think it would work with the new SX500. The SX500 is roughly the size of an iPhone 8, and the clip is designed for an iPhone. At $3.50, you're not going to be out a whole lot of $$$ is it doesn't quite work out.
    Posted:
  • BargegolfBargegolf Members  85WRX Points: 70Posts: 85 Fairways
    Thanks for this. I will try it for use with my clicgear 3.5
    Posted:
  • highscoreinkyhighscoreinky Members  376WRX Points: 77Posts: 376 Greens
    Posted:

The ClicGear holder is poorly designed, as it requires the use of the screw hole used by the umbrella holder. Do they assume nobody plays in the rain and uses a GPS? Also, attaching buttons to the back of devices is goofy.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • denismcgdenismcg Members  208WRX Points: 87Posts: 208 Fairways
    Here are a few pics of a holder I made from a bit of aluminium sheet, a bit of velcro, and a bolt. You will need to put stick on velcro on the back of the GPS (best to use the furry part), then bend the aluminium, or steel sheet, in a vice. I have used this for over a year with no problems whatsoever. I also stuck some velcro on the back side so that it can be turned over for use when using the umbrella.
    Posted:
    Bridgestone Tour B XD-03 10.5 with GD Tour AD GP-6 stiff
    Ping G400 15* with Alta CB 65
    Bridgestone Tour B XD-H 18 hybrid 
    Tourstage X Blade 909 MB 4-PW with TT AMT Black stiff
    Callaway MD4 50,54,48
    Odyssey Metal X Milled #6
    BTW, the hole is drilled offset so it will fit on the umbrella mount I made for my Kangaroo electric cart. You can just drill it in the centre.
    Posted:
    Callaway MD4 50,54,48
  • hack2489hack2489 Members  321WRX Points: 61Handicap: 13.1Posts: 321 Greens
    denismcg wrote:

Here are a few pics of a holder I made from a bit of aluminium sheet, a bit of velcro, and a bolt. You will need to put stick on velcro on the back of the GPS (best to use the furry part), then bend the aluminium, or steel sheet, in a vice. I have used this for over a year with no problems whatsoever. I also stuck some velcro on the back side so that it can be turned over for use when using the umbrella.

DIY ... That's cool dude. Well done.

I really like seeing DIY ingenuity.

Clever.
    Posted:
  • hack2489hack2489 Members  321WRX Points: 61Handicap: 13.1Posts: 321 Greens
    denismcg wrote:

BTW, the hole is drilled offset so it will fit on the umbrella mount I made for my Kangaroo electric cart. You can just drill it in the centre.

Ah, the OCD in me couldn't, wouldn't, cope with that...

Off centre *shudders and huddles in a corner rocking back and forth

I'd have made another one for my other buggy / cart.

Posted:
    hack2489 wrote:

denismcg wrote:

Ah, the OCD in me couldn't, wouldn't, cope with that...

Off centre *shudders and huddles in a corner rocking back and forth

I'd have made another one for my other buggy / cart.

I am way to frugal to waste Velcro.
    Posted:
    Callaway MD4 50,54,48

Advertisement
  • BowlorgolfBowlorgolf Members  112WRX Points: 27Handicap: 14Posts: 112 Fairways
    I use the clic gear on my Garmin s6. I got an extra clip holder off the bay for less than $6 and took the clip off the back and replaced it with the clic button. You can still use the umbrella holder by using it instead of the screw for the holder.
    Posted:
  • LONGBALL777LONGBALL777 Members  130WRX Points: 53Handicap: 20Posts: 130 Fairways
    I bought this, and I have to say, it's perfect. Doesn't look that sturdy, but it is solid as a rock. Thanks for a great recommendation!

Argonne69 wrote:

After trying several expensive clamps, I wound up going with this: https://www.ebay.com...0:pf:0&LH_BIN=1

It's simple, cheap ($3.50), and gets the job done. No messing around with screws or clamps. It swings out of the way when I fold my cart, and yet it has a firm grip on the handle bar.

s-l1600.jpg
    Posted:
    Have to update. Unfortunately, this only lasted 3 rounds before the part that attaches to the push cart became too loose to use. I will post a review when I try the next alterative.
    Posted:
  • gonewildgonewild NCMembers  460WRX Points: 81Handicap: 3.8Posts: 460 Greens
    Posted:

Have to update. Unfortunately, this only lasted 3 rounds before the part that attaches to the push cart became too loose to use. I will post a review when I try the next alterative.

Bummer. I've had mine for over a year, and it's still tight.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.