Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Part of the reason that I committed to a NCW build was to curb the urge to purchase. The plan has worked thus far. I haven't trolled eBay for irons/heads for two months. A huge accomplishment for me. I still have one custom putter I'd like to own down the road, but am hoping that I've cured my 'illness'. The process of bidding, buying, and building can be exhausting when you are on a loop.

The odd part is that I'm no longer chasing performance. I've come to accept that I am what I am. The next scoring hurdles will only be cleared with increased practice and fundamental changes to my fundamentals.

I do enjoy living vicariously through others, enjoy the equipment banter, and still have some 'classics' that I would love to pick up in due time at the right prices.

I might do something quite unheard of this winter and shed a few iron sets. I have a Masda putter I need to sell as well. I need to investigate how to sell stuff on Yahoo! Auction, because if I take these to a secondhand shop, I'll get next-to-nothing for them.

I wen't from 10,6 to a 7,3 handicapper this year.

But f*** me!

So before i go full-monkey-mode i wanted to quote a post made by @wmblake i noticed.

I was telling my friend on the 19th hole. Since I play golf voluntarily, I get to decide what matters, what rules, what game I am playing.

I finally answered in my own mind why I play blades. My game is I want to score as low as I can with clubs I love playing. That may or may not be the same as the lowest score I could play - but if I don’t love a club, I’m trying to find its replacement. Especially with irons.

So this is EXACTLY how i feel - it's really is unbelievable.

So my story short is.

• I have played Nike VR Pro Blades for 2 years and iv'e hit them amazingly
  • Discovered this thread
  • Bought the ultimative blade set in Miura Baby Blades (heads) from Kurt in here, because I thought that was the most beautiful blade iron out there
  • Had them put together by i guy i know, with some shafts from the Bay, we were not able to get them 0,5 inch longer which I needed for my height
  • Played with them anyways and oh my god the feel ........ but they were to short and was mindfucked by thinking I needed more help to shoot lower scores
  • ... so i sold the Miuras on the Bay for such a cheap price
  • Bought the 718 AP2 3 months, absolutely no confidence standing over the ball, can't hit a good iron shots for my life right now
  • .... they feel so dead and i'm now having second thoughts

Back to WM's post - i just couldn't put my finger on what was wrong.

He is SPOT on! This is how i feel

Can somebody give me some advice, maybe help me what to do now?

I'm seriously considering going back to blades already, my backup set is stil the Nike Blades, but they're also to short.

REALLY liking the look of the new Cobra CB/MB combo.

But f*** me!

So before i go full-monkey-mode i wanted to quote a post made by @wmblake i noticed.

I was telling my friend on the 19th hole. Since I play golf voluntarily, I get to decide what matters, what rules, what game I am playing.

I finally answered in my own mind why I play blades. My game is I want to score as low as I can with clubs I love playing. That may or may not be the same as the lowest score I could play - but if I don’t love a club, I’m trying to find its replacement. Especially with irons.

So my story short is.

• Discovered this thread
  • Bought the ultimative blade set in Miura Baby Blades (heads) from Kurt in here, because I thought that was the most beautiful blade iron out there
  • Had them put together by i guy i know, with some shafts from the Bay, we were not able to get them 0,5 inch longer which I needed for my height
  • Played with them anyways and oh my god the feel ........ but they were to short and was mindfucked by thinking I needed more help to shoot lower scores
  • Bought the 718 AP2 3 months, absolutely no confidence standing over the ball, can't hit a good iron shots for my life right now

I'm seriously considering going back to blades already, my backup set is stil the Nike Blades, but they're also to short.

Ummmm, extend them?

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

But f*** me!

So my story short is.

• Discovered this thread

When you say "short", is that in comparison or you just frustrated with toe/thin shot or spin issues results. Loft for loft blades stand up, comparing them AP1 or even AP2 via club number won't because of loft and enhanced MOI.

If issue is miss hits and spin, then look a lot closer at shaft and weight specs. Blades do not suffer miss match as well as a GI would. But experimenting with those things can shrink impact dispersion quite a bit. Do not assume that what you've been using is actually ideal. Do not hesitate to experiment all over the spectrum there. You might be surprised, I was. Assess your swing, especially rhythm and tempo and tune a shaft that pulls swing in a more positive direction because ultimately your swing bends to specs and it does not go the other way. You're at a 7 index, not bad, you want more club speed, more consistency? Spend the doe on a Pro. If all that is too much and real life does not allow, there's an awful lot of good stuff that can be bought. The Mizuno 900T is a slamming looking club with great performance and some MOI added in. 1st "modern club", I actually lust after and I'm MB sick. Good luck.

But f*** me!

So my story short is.

• Discovered this thread

When you say "short", is that in comparison or you just frustrated with toe/thin shot or spin issues results. Loft for loft blades stand up, comparing them AP1 or even AP2 via club number won't because of loft and enhanced MOI.

If issue is miss hits and spin, then look a lot closer at shaft and weight specs. Blades do not suffer miss match as well as a GI would. But experimenting with those things can shrink impact dispersion quite a bit. Do not assume that what you've been using is actually ideal. Do not hesitate to experiment all over the spectrum there. You might be surprised, I was. Assess your swing, especially rhythm and tempo and tune a shaft that pulls swing in a more positive direction because ultimately your swing bends to specs and it does not go the other way. You're at a 7 index, not bad, you want more club speed, more consistency? Spend the doe on a Pro. If all that is too much and real life does not allow, there's an awful lot of good stuff that can be bought. The Mizuno 900T is a slamming looking club with great performance and some MOI added in. 1st "modern club", I actually lust after and I'm MB sick. Good luck.

Sorry for the english, not my native language :)

In "short" i meant the shaft-lenght since im a tall guy, and my guy couldn't fix it. So niether of the irons was fitted for me, as the AP2 is right now.

Guess i just need to suck it up and believe with what I have gone with is the right choice for me. But as WM said I really like the blades way more because of the feel and how i'm able to control distance and shapes. I'm missing them already because i went to the dark side in believe of shooting lower scores.

I will keep testing for sure.

But f*** me!

So my story short is.

• Discovered this thread

In "short" i meant the shaft-lenght since im a tall guy, and my guy couldn't fix it. So niether of the irons was fitted for me, as the AP2 is right now.

Guess i just need to suck it up and believe with what I have gone with is the right choice for me. But as WM said I really like the blades way more because of the feel and how i'm able to control distance and shapes. I'm missing them already because i went to the dark side in believe of shooting lower scores.

Sorry bud, but you need a new “guy”. You got baby blade heads on here and then shafts from the bay but couldn’t get any the right length or add entensions to the ones you got? You certainly didn’t need to sell them, let alone for cheap.

First- advice would be to go back in a time machine.

Second- extend your vr pros.

Third- if you hit any irons(or any club) “amazingly”, who is to say they are too short?

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

But f*** me!

So my story short is.

• Discovered this thread

I agree with Nard, and anyone else who may have said this... if possible, see if you can have the VR Blades extended that half inch. If you can do the club work yourself, it's fairly simple. If not, it's also simple for a club builder. It will make the club feel a bit heavier, but shouldn't be to the point the club would be less playable. It will result in new grips, as well.

It may cost a bit of money, but it should be far cheaper than buying new clubs.

Now, if you *really* want new clubs, that's another story. I certainly won't stand in the way of such a choice. LOL

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Alright guys. No Catchy, Big Stu, and apparently most of the forum cannot seem to figure out the history of these irons. Catchy has some great theories on them. Big Stu (read plenty of his material, couldn't think of anyone else who knew the brand better) didn't know anything about them. What do you guys think? Any help would be appreciated. MacGregor Caliber. Catchy's "department store" theory sounded great to me.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

But f*** me!

So my story short is.

• Discovered this thread

Nzio when my shafts are too short, I often cut up old shafts that have no more use to me and use them to lengthen a shaft - just remove the grip, epoxy them and slide on till you get the right amount (1/8-1/2” usually) let it dry, replace the grip. Easy.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Just a thought on those "The Caliber" irons. It seems that the shaft flex is shown with a number (2), which I think in Macgregor terms usually means standard stiffness, with "1" being the stiffest flex.

I have some Mac irons from the early Eighties that DON'T have that numbering system, but instead have "300-S" on them, similar to the Dynamic Gold style.

Now, I don't know when MacGregor stopped using the number only designation for flexes, but I think that might provide a small clue as to their age.

Those look a lot like

Alright guys. No Catchy, Big Stu, and apparently most of the forum cannot seem to figure out the history of these irons. Catchy has some great theories on them. Big Stu (read plenty of his material, couldn't think of anyone else who knew the brand better) didn't know anything about them. What do you guys think? Any help would be appreciated. MacGregor Caliber. Catchy's "department store" theory sounded great to me.

Tough to know. There's always a possibility they are JDM. But, the Macgregor Japan website doesn't say anything. They don't say anything about the R58 either, so.... https://www.macgregor.co.jp/1990.html

They do look a lot like Bridgestone 640 series, They were an early nineties series from Japan. I don't think they are department store clubs. You don't often see department store sets over here. :)

Those look a lot like

Tough to know. There's always a possibility they are JDM. But, the Macgregor Japan website doesn't say anything. They don't say anything about the R58 either, so.... https://www.macgregor.co.jp/1990.html

They do look a lot like Bridgestone 640 series, They were an early nineties series from Japan. I don't think they are department store clubs. You don't often see department store sets over here. :)

Pretty decent website but I saw some of what I thought may have been inaccuracies and I did translate to English too. But then again I could be wrong

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

Just a thought on those "The Caliber" irons. It seems that the shaft flex is shown with a number (2), which I think in Macgregor terms usually means standard stiffness, with "1" being the stiffest flex.

I have some Mac irons from the early Eighties that DON'T have that numbering system, but instead have "300-S" on them, similar to the Dynamic Gold style.

Now, I don't know when MacGregor stopped using the number only designation for flexes, but I think that might provide a small clue as to their age.

Yeah, I would peg them late 70's at least just based on number thing.

Those look a lot like

True about there not being department store sets over here, but I was thinking off someone buying the set in the States and bringing them back over here back in the day.

However, the name "The Caliber" makes me think it's a Japan-only release, but I can find absolutely nothing about them, and I've even tried several different Japanese-language searches for them.

And as for that unusual stamping...

So I walked into the local secondhand shop today looking for a new putter head cover, but first I walk over to the irons to see if there's anything new. Spotted a set of Nike OG blades, 3-PW, in fantastic condition with original grips still tacky and going for about 7,500 yen ($67US, 52GBP). I've got them to put them aside and I'm going in tomorrow to buy them.

Incidentally, I bought a dozen Snell MTB Reds. Anyone tried them? I found a Snell MTB Black a couple of months ago and really liked it, so I've decided t give them a go. I think the reds are a bit softer, so they should be better in winter.

So I walked into the local secondhand shop today looking for a new putter head cover, but first I walk over to the irons to see if there's anything new. Spotted a set of Nike OG blades, 3-PW, in fantastic condition with original grips still tacky and going for about 7,500 yen ($67US, 52GBP). I've got them to put them aside and I'm going in tomorrow to buy them.

Incidentally, I bought a dozen Snell MTB Reds. Anyone tried them? I found a Snell MTB Black a couple of months ago and really liked it, so I've decided t give them a go. I think the reds are a bit softer, so they should be better in winter.

Nice find with the Nike Blades. They're pretty awesome.

The MTB Red is slightly firmer than the Black. It's designed to have somewhat greater spin on the short irons and wedges, for those who are interested in such. IIRC it might have a slightly higher trajectory, as well.

I wouldn't worry about compression and its effect on performance related to weather. That old rule of thumb has been found to be as much urban myth as anything. Compression is one of the more misunderstood aspects of golfballs. :) About the only problem to be found is using too soft a ball with a really high swingspeed.

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

[snip]...About the only problem to be found is using too soft a ball with a really high swingspeed.

Are you saying my 125mph 6i swing speed might cause a problem.... :taunt:

Actually, I am starting to think that the really soft compression balls, like the Wilson offerings, are easier to play in winter. I'm going to try and put that idea to the test over the coming months.

On a different note, in addition to the Nike blades, I appear to have won an auction for some old Mizuno blades :pimp:

[snip]...About the only problem to be found is using too soft a ball with a really high swingspeed.

Actually, I am starting to think that the really soft compression balls, like the Wilson offerings, are easier to play in winter. I'm going to try and put that idea to the test over the coming months.

On a different note, in addition to the Nike blades, I appear to have won an auction for some old Mizuno blades :pimp:

Oooh, which model old Mizunos? :)

Oooh, which model old Mizunos? :)

Word on the street is MS-1s. 3-SW for about $20US plus postage :pimp:

I’m gonna try Snells too.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Ms-1 are super nice sticks, but I think you overpaid. I am doing all I can not to purchase anything else before I move into the new house. It is coming along nicely now - saw them putting on wall paper and starting to finish the toilets and such.

My father in-law's good friend is a gardener. Does work at temples and businesses around Kyoto and he'll be starting on our yard very soon. Our bent grass putting green will be about 20 meters square. I am thinking to get some new wedges for when it's all ready. Thinking of going for some older wedges - re-chromed an re-grooved - Cleveland 588 Forged. I'm thinking to go 52 and 58 (bent to 54 and 60).

I've also got a plan for an outdoor net (and simulator) around back. I have slowly revealed my plan to my wife. She said that it might be loud, but I reminded her that down the street there is a bamboo sawmill that operates during the afternoon. So, I think people within earshot of our house can forgive the 50-100 thwacks I might make every afternoon.

As for the "Caliber" The reason I don't think they are an older import to Japan is, such clubs usually came with an import sticker on each shaft. And, the design, again, is very similar to work being done by Bridgestone. If they were made in Japan, they are probably a nice stick, I would hesitate to get them unless I could see them for myself though.

Ms-1 are super nice sticks, but I think you overpaid. I am doing all I can not to purchase anything else before I move into the new house. It is coming along nicely now - saw them putting on wall paper and starting to finish the toilets and such.

My father in-law's good friend is a gardener. Does work at temples and businesses around Kyoto and he'll be starting on our yard very soon. Our bent grass putting green will be about 20 meters square. I am thinking to get some new wedges for when it's all ready. Thinking of going for some older wedges - re-chromed an re-grooved - Cleveland 588 Forged. I'm thinking to go 52 and 58 (bent to 54 and 60).

I've also got a plan for an outdoor net (and simulator) around back. I have slowly revealed my plan to my wife. She said that it might be loud, but I reminded her that down the street there is a bamboo sawmill that operates during the afternoon. So, I think people within earshot of our house can forgive the 50-100 thwacks I might make every afternoon.

As for the "Caliber" The reason I don't think they are an older import to Japan is, such clubs usually came with an import sticker on each shaft. And, the design, again, is very similar to work being done by Bridgestone. If they were made in Japan, they are probably a nice stick, I would hesitate to get them unless I could see them for myself though.

I didn't think I'd win with my bid, to be honest. I thought someone would go for 2,500 yen, as there was a fair bit of activity on the auction.

As for the Caliber set, I was thinking that someone may have brought them back from the USA (or elsewhere) as personal possessions that he/she used while living there and possibly got around import duties that way. But I lean more to them being a Japanese set, mainly due to the name "The Caliber".

In the classic clubs forum, someone suggested they were a special issue for a golf course or country club. I think that's a good bet, but I can't find any reference to a Japanese course called "The Caliber" or anything similar. Quite the mystery set!

You're getting a bent green put in? Dare I ask how much that is costing, or will cost in terms of maintenance? It's the maintenance that puts me off more than anything. That's why I'm thinking some sort of man-made grass.

I didn't think I'd win with my bid, to be honest. I thought someone would go for 2,500 yen, as there was a fair bit of activity on the auction.

As for the Caliber set, I was thinking that someone may have brought them back from the USA (or elsewhere) as personal possessions that he/she used while living there and possibly got around import duties that way. But I lean more to them being a Japanese set, mainly due to the name "The Caliber".

In the classic clubs forum, someone suggested they were a special issue for a golf course or country club. I think that's a good bet, but I can't find any reference to a Japanese course called "The Caliber" or anything similar. Quite the mystery set!

You're getting a bent green put in? Dare I ask how much that is costing, or will cost in terms of maintenance? It's the maintenance that puts me off more than anything. That's why I'm thinking some sort of man-made grass.

Yeah, the maintenance is sure to be an undertaking. And, truth be told, the entirety of the yard, the trees, grass, stone walkway and the grass, is a gift. It's such a giant gift that I almost feel guilty - But, my father-in-law offered and, as none of the family homes in the area have a yard, I am sure it will be a regular gathering place for our family. I think he envisions my role being a golf teacher/English teacher for his grandchildren. Which is fine. I can set my own hours, so I can set some sort of schedule for making everything beautiful/playable.

Which shafts did the Ms1 come with? I had an actual brand new set of Ms1 with S200 shafts I never hit. I've still got a set of brand new Ms-5s with Dynamic regulars that I'll probably sell. Sticking with tn87, founders200, the Proisme 'stones and maybe the Yamaha's that are in the mail, as my 4 primary sets. Gonna put together about 5-10 sets for sale before I move.

Those Calibers.... The are a riddle wrapped in a mystery. Who knows?

Yeah, the maintenance is sure to be an undertaking. And, truth be told, the entirety of the yard, the trees, grass, stone walkway and the grass, is a gift. It's such a giant gift that I almost feel guilty - But, my father-in-law offered and, as none of the family homes in the area have a yard, I am sure it will be a regular gathering place for our family. I think he envisions my role being a golf teacher/English teacher for his grandchildren. Which is fine. I can set my own hours, so I can set some sort of schedule for making everything beautiful/playable.

Which shafts did the Ms1 come with? I had an actual brand new set of Ms1 with S200 shafts I never hit. I've still got a set of brand new Ms-5s with Dynamic regulars that I'll probably sell. Sticking with tn87, founders200, the Proisme 'stones and maybe the Yamaha's that are in the mail, as my 4 primary sets. Gonna put together about 5-10 sets for sale before I move.

They've got S200. Not ideal, but OK. I'm getting old...I don't really need them, especially as I am about to pick up the Nike OG blades which I want more, but I really did not think my bid would win. Anyway, I've got space for them now, at least.

I saw a set of Proisme irons on sale for 100,000 yen. I passed.

A gent I play with sometimes told me that the they are redoing the greens at his course, and they are moving away from bent and trying some new strains. Apparently, bent goes to pot if the temperatures go over 35*C (and I've seen the damage the hot summer has done to some of the greens on the courses around me), and with summer temperatures rising, his club decided to try something new.

That said, I've heard artificial turf can get really hot when exposed to the sun.

They've got S200. Not ideal, but OK. I'm getting old...I don't really need them, especially as I am about to pick up the Nike OG blades which I want more, but I really did not think my bid would win. Anyway, I've got space for them now, at least.

I saw a set of Proisme irons on sale for 100,000 yen. I passed.

A gent I play with sometimes told me that the they are redoing the greens at his course, and they are moving away from bent and trying some new strains. Apparently, bent goes to pot if the temperatures go over 35*C (and I've seen the damage the hot summer has done to some of the greens on the courses around me), and with summer temperatures rising, his club decided to try something new.

That said, I've heard artificial turf can get really hot when exposed to the sun.

What did you think of the Proisme irons? Old school JDM, huh? They are absolutely butter though with the nickel finish.

S200 shafts are not bad. I played some great games with them, but I found them inconsistent. Right now I am loving Modus 120S. They are very very consistent up until about the five iron. Right now I am hitting the TN87s with them so well. I don't even want to bring anything else to the range. The combination is really like nothing I've ever hit.

Back of my mind I am thinking of trying the 120x just because I think it would be that much more consistent in the long irons. But, I do have the 105x coming in 4-pw in those Yamahas. Interesting the 3 iron has 120x. So, I will have that to try. I have a Titleist tmb 3-iron with Modus 125x and I hit it pretty well when I first got it, but... I had some just awful awful misses with it. Just couldn't feel the head with it, unless I really leaded down the head. I am left with a ton of options, and that's a good thing.

I am as happy with my bag as I have been since I joined this site. Just looking for a little consistency with the 4-iron. I might put something graphite in a Tourstage TS201 (endo forged with undercut channel). That ought to be decent.

What did you think of the Proisme irons? Old school JDM, huh? They are absolutely butter though with the nickel finish.

S200 shafts are not bad. I played some great games with them, but I found them inconsistent. Right now I am loving Modus 120S. They are very very consistent up until about the five iron. Right now I am hitting the TN87s with them so well. I don't even want to bring anything else to the range. The combination is really like nothing I've ever hit.

Back of my mind I am thinking of trying the 120x just because I think it would be that much more consistent in the long irons. But, I do have the 105x coming in 4-pw in those Yamahas. Interesting the 3 iron has 120x. So, I will have that to try. I have a Titleist tmb 3-iron with Modus 125x and I hit it pretty well when I first got it, but... I had some just awful awful misses with it. Just couldn't feel the head with it, unless I really leaded down the head. I am left with a ton of options, and that's a good thing.

I am as happy with my bag as I have been since I joined this site. Just looking for a little consistency with the 4-iron. I might put something graphite in a Tourstage TS201 (endo forged with undercut channel). That ought to be decent.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in that post. The Proisme I saw were on Yahoo! Auc, so I haven't hit them. They look great, but I'm not prepared to drop 100,000 yen on any iron set right now. I really should be looking to shed irons rather than add to my hoard. That said, the Nike OGs are a set I've been wanting for a few years, and the price and condition of this set were too good to pass up. The MS-1s were an unintended purchase.

Shafts. I get what you mean about the S200s. They're a bit inconsistent in terms of dispersion. Also, I get a little too much late draw on them compared to X100s. They're just too easy to turn over a bit more than I want.

I've tried Modus 120X in a set of MP33s (that I very nearly bought). I much prefer them to the 120S, which I don't seem to get on with. I have 125X in my MP4s, and they are very much on the limit of what I can swing and get away with. They have made me curious to try out the 125 in the S-flex, though.

It's the 105X that I'm really interested in, though. I like the idea of light but firm. I've swung a friend's Nike Vapors with 105S shafts and thought they were OK but a bit soft. The X should be really nice, so I'd like to hear how you get on with those Yamahas.

As for the 4i issue, well you're not alone there. That is one spot in the bag I can never get right, unless I'm playing older irons, in which case the 4i issue becomes the 3i issue.