reshafting cobra one irons with project x question

Titleist+2 ·  
Titleist+2Titleist+2  204WRX Points: 53Members Posts: 204 Fairways
Looking to buy some of these to reshaft a set of cobra one length 4-LW

https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/golf-clubs/club-making-gear/shafts/project-x-golf-parallel-tip-iron-shaft/

would the 7.0 (7 iron shaft) be the right way to go for all 10 clubs?

Thanks
Posted:
WITB pending

Comments

• pbr2121pbr2121  439WRX Points: 53Members Posts: 439 Greens
    I was faced with this question when I bought the f7 forged OL on eBay. They were all shafted with PXLZ but the long irons played too stiff and the short irons too soft. I put the question to cobra CS and they said that they could reshaft them but soft step and hard step accordingly. Ultimately I ended up selling them and getting the forged Tech, where cobra has addressed this issue.
    Posted:
    PING Rapture V2 with BB
    PING Crossover - 3
    PING Eye 2 + Becu 3-W with DG AMT S300
    PING Eye 2 XG Sand and Lob wedges
    PING Chipo!
    PING Pal - Karsten
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Titleist+2Titleist+2  204WRX Points: 53Members Posts: 204 Fairways
    I guess my question would be:

what would play better

all #7 shafts trimmed to 37.25"

or

#4,5,6....SW, LW etc shafts trimmed to 37.25"

thanks
    Posted:
    WITB pending
  • BballMike14BballMike14  98WRX Points: 34Members Posts: 98 Fairways
    Titleist+2 wrote:
    I guess my question would be:

what would play better

all #7 shafts trimmed to 37.25"

or

#4,5,6....SW, LW etc shafts trimmed to 37.25"

thanks

I suspect it comes down to the head weights - having just ordered a complete iron set with this killer deal, and having the shafts all CPM'd, each shaft behaves as it should (6 stiffer than 5, 7 stiffer than 6, etc.) - if the heads are the same weight, the "short" irons will play really stiff while the longs will play softer.

Edit: the case above is if you went with your second option. If same head weight, I think same shaft is best.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.