Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

Comments

• coreyhrcoreyhr Lafferty, Daniel Members Posts: 426 ✭✭
    gunmetal wrote:

Driver looks good (from address position - I don't care too much about the bottom of the club). Don't see how it offers anything my F8 isn't currently giving me, but that probably won't stop me from trying one out. The eternal Ho in me.

Anyone else put off by the 3 wood crown? The 3 ridges on top near the toe seem like it would make it uneven and a distraction.

This particular head is defective or something. The fairway is supposed to look like the driver with the the ridges all the way across the top. If you look at the pictures from other sites, you can see what it's supposed to look like. Would like to get an explanation of why they're all missing on this one.
    Callaway Epic TC...L  9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60s 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - Tour AD TP 7s
    Callaway XR Pro TC 18* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
    Srixon Z545 4 Iron - Steelfiber i110s
    Srixon Z745 5-PW - KBS Tour 120s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50*
    Scratch 56* & 60* - Black KBS Tour Custom
    Taylormade Spider X - Copper & White

The sea was angry that day, my friends.
  • fore_lifefore_life Swung too hard, hit it too pure. Members Posts: 10,352 ✭✭
    F(ugly)9
    Ping G400 LST Ust Attas Earth 9f5
    M4 15* with bimatrix rocket X
    Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
    718 tmb 4 iron
    718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
    Vokeys
    Cleveland TA milled 1i

Various other putters currently in the closet,
    thinking about what they've done wrong,
    and how they've hurt me so.
  • tobiasjdtobiasjd Members Posts: 429 ✭✭
    coreyhr wrote:

gunmetal wrote:

Driver looks good (from address position - I don't care too much about the bottom of the club). Don't see how it offers anything my F8 isn't currently giving me, but that probably won't stop me from trying one out. The eternal Ho in me.

Anyone else put off by the 3 wood crown? The 3 ridges on top near the toe seem like it would make it uneven and a distraction.

This particular head is defective or something. The fairway is supposed to look like the driver with the the ridges all the way across the top. If you look at the pictures from other sites, you can see what it's supposed to look like. Would like to get an explanation of why they're all missing on this one.

I think there is a standard speedback and a speedback tour. The tour version is this picture.
    Cobra King LTD Black
    Titleist 910FD 15° 3w
    Titleist 917F2 18° 5w
    Callaway Apex 4h
    PING iBlade 5 - PW
    PING Glide 50° SS
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 56°, 60° SS
    Bettinardi BB1
  • lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 905 ✭✭
    I think the white one really looks good.
  • coreyhrcoreyhr Lafferty, Daniel Members Posts: 426 ✭✭
    edited Oct 30, 2018 #36
    tobiasjd wrote:

coreyhr wrote:

gunmetal wrote:

I think there is a standard speedback and a speedback tour. The tour version is this picture.

Incorrect. Can clearly see that's the regular version. Based on the pictures before the crown pic and the crown pic has the milling of the regular version. The Tour version has different milling that resembles more traditional score lines. Go to "the other site" and you can see that the Tour version also is supposed to have the aero ridges all the way across. I know manufacturers have gotten creative lately with the crown graphics, but they would never release one that looked that confusing and hideous.

You can see faint marks on the paint where they obviously use to be. It's as if they are glued on and came off, which would be concerning.
    Callaway Epic TC...L  9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60s 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - Tour AD TP 7s
    Callaway XR Pro TC 18* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
    Srixon Z545 4 Iron - Steelfiber i110s
    Srixon Z745 5-PW - KBS Tour 120s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50*
    Scratch 56* & 60* - Black KBS Tour Custom
    Taylormade Spider X - Copper & White

The sea was angry that day, my friends.
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar Members Posts: 1,825 ✭✭
    Well I thought TM crapped the bed with the P760's but they've nothing on those F9 irons. Absolutely honking.

Best of it is the F8s were the cleanest looking (for their target demographic) they'd done in a while.

So why not change. Wowsers.
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,118 ✭✭
    The standard of finish looks shocking. The irons look as if they should be in Walmart.
  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members Posts: 165 ✭✭
    I thought TM p760 looked bad at first but that was before I saw real pictures and videos. I actually love the p760's now. As for these irons I had a good laugh at first and still think they look terrible. Look like they should be in Kmart selling for under $200.

The woods look fine though and I don't mind the yellow finish. Would prefer another color like red or blue but I don't have any knocks on the woods other than not liking what they do with the face on the past few drivers. Also would never buy a club that BDB is sponsored by because I do not like the guy as a go lf er.
    Driver: TaylorMade M5 8.5 deg - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange 70x
    3 Wood: TaylorMade M1 13.5 deg - Fujikura Evolution 757 7.2 Tour Spec x 3 wood
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2, 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90x
    Irons: Titleist TMB 718 4 iron, AP2 718 5-PW - TT DG X7
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 slate blue 50.12 F TT DG X7, 54.10 S and 60.08 M DG S400 TI
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 1.5
  • marlowe70marlowe70 righty playing lefty Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Aussies are quick...

• dciccorittidciccoritti An inch an hour, 2 feet a day Toronto, CanadaMembers Posts: 1,572 ✭✭
    marlowe70 wrote:

Aussies are quick...

[media=]

...and straight :-)

Titleist TS2
    Titleist 718 MB 5-PW
    Taylormade MG 52 SB-09 | 56 SB-12 | 60 SB-10
    Callaway PM Grind 19 64.10
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
    Bridgestone Tour BXS

• marlowe70marlowe70 righty playing lefty Members Posts: 249 ✭✭

marlowe70 wrote:

Aussies are quick...

[media=]

Posted before I watched it... image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭
    I don’t mind the look of the driver, but that fairway is just a mess.
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!
  • ian-500ian-500 Members Posts: 703 ✭✭

marlowe70 wrote:

Aussies are quick...

[media=]

And he's English.... image/pimp.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' />

Anyway, I really like the design of the woods. Especially the yellow.
    Cobra F9 7.5* + Fuji Speeder Pro XLR8 63tx.
    Taylormade R15 12.8* + Diamana R80x.
    Adams XTD 19* + Matrix White Tie x.
    Adams Pro 23 Tour Issue + Tour AD UT95x
    Adams DHY Pro 27 + Irod 105x.
    Adams XTD Forged Tour Issue 6i - GW + Recoil Prototype 125F5.
    Adams XTD Forged SW/LW + KBS Hi-Rev x.
    SeeMore SB1, Accra FX300, Garsen.
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 507 ✭✭
    I hope the made the rails shorter on the fairway, I have issue with the rails on the f8 fairway
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members Posts: 3,000 ✭✭
    fillwelix wrote:

Gotta say I am not a fan of the fairway woods, the crown looks haphazardly mashed together...hybrids look good though!

I thought the exact same thing on the fairway wood crown...it looks unbalanced with the "stripes" only on the toe side of the top.

There is a lot of tech in the drivers and they look sweet! I'm liking the yellow color-way.

- Josh
  • Jordan SpeethJordan Speeth ClubWRX Posts: 1,090 ClubWRX
    I'm looking forward to the day when the OEM's understand that putting faux carbon fiber plaques on the backs of irons makes them look cheap, not high-tech or high end. We get it, you're using technology in your designs....leave it at that. Carbon fiber isn't that cutting-edge or state of the art anymore. At this point, they may as well use wood-grained Formica...
    Cobra F8+ Driver 9.5*- XCaliber Superlite 45 S
    Callaway XR Pro 16* FW- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
    Ping G400 17* 2-Hybrid- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Ping G 22* 4-Hybrid- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Callaway Apex Pro 5-Gap- Steelfiber i95
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 52*/10, 56*/12- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 56- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Odyssey White Hot #7 38"- Superstroke Tank Slim 13"
    Golf Pride MCC Grips
    Wilson Duo Urethane (this week)
    MG Elite Glove
    2018 Ping Hoofer, Eliott Alistair Leather Bag
    coreyhr wrote:

tobiasjd wrote:

coreyhr wrote:

gunmetal wrote:

Incorrect. Can clearly see that's the regular version. Based on the pictures before the crown pic and the crown pic has the milling of the regular version. The Tour version has different milling that resembles more traditional score lines. Go to "the other site" and you can see that the Tour version also is supposed to have the aero ridges all the way across. I know manufacturers have gotten creative lately with the crown graphics, but they would never release one that looked that confusing and hideous.

You can see faint marks on the paint where they obviously use to be. It's as if they are glued on and came off, which would be concerning.

I agree, I see that now. Something really messed up with the club in these pics. Looks nothing like it's supposed to look.
    Cobra King LTD Black
    Titleist 910FD 15° 3w
    Titleist 917F2 18° 5w
    Callaway Apex 4h
    PING iBlade 5 - PW
    PING Glide 50° SS
    Bettinardi BB1
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,231 ✭✭

I'm looking forward to the day when the OEM's understand that putting faux carbon fiber plaques on the backs of irons makes them look cheap, not high-tech or high end. We get it, you're using technology in your designs....leave it at that. Carbon fiber isn't that cutting-edge or state of the art anymore. At this point, they may as well use wood-grained Formica...

I mean W/S put a carbon fiber chip in the back of the Pi-5's about a decade or more ago. Harrington did have them in his bag for at least 1 if not more of his 3 major wins so maybe there's something to it!

Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - Proforce V2 HL - S
    TM M1 Tour issue 14* - Maltby ProSeries FW - S
    Maltby KE4 Tour 19*/22* - Kuro Kage Black 80hy - S
    Maltby MMB 17 - DGS300
    W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    W/S Bucktown

Makes the drivers look just as bad. Not saying "dragonfly" looks any better. Just leave the crown alone already. The best looking club is the hybrid.
    Cobra King LTD Black
    Titleist 910FD 15° 3w
    Titleist 917F2 18° 5w
    Callaway Apex 4h
    PING iBlade 5 - PW
    PING Glide 50° SS
    Bettinardi BB1
  • eagle1997eagle1997 Members Posts: 18,062 ✭✭
    Whoa. Almost as bad as the BioCell line release. Now, if the driver performs like the BioCell+ Driver, no one will care how bad it looks, they will buy it in droves.

Cobra seems to have two distinct design teams that are constantly battling for supremacy. The butt-ugly team won this round.

Cobra F8+ 9.5°
    TEE XCG4 3w 15°
    Cally Steelhead XR 17°
    Cobra BioCell 22°
    Cobra One Length 5-PW
    Bstone J15 50°
    Bstone J15 52°
    Odyssey Black Milled #1
  • The GeneralThe General Members Posts: 1,729 ✭✭
    i'm not sure what would please you folks, but this new driver looks badass!! It looks fast. The F8+ is almost a masterpiece and this F9 might be a touch better. Throw an old school WB 73x in it and be done!!!
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭
    This whole line looks incredible. F9 irons aren’t my favorite but I’m also a blade kinda guy but the woods, hybrids and driver are looking sharp
  • Njames.cook2014Njames.cook2014 Members Posts: 131
    Best part of the cobra clubs is their headcovers to hide those ugly heads.
  • OpinderOpinder Banned Posts: 422 ✭✭
    I know carbon fiber is very strong and lighter than steel broke. Weave fibre

It's not cheap. Use crown top on head driver.
  • SSwansonSSwanson Members Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Looking forward to comparing the driver to my F8+ (even though I don't really care for the looks).

Cobra delivered on their promises with the LTD and F8 lines, so I will be very interested to see if all of the aerodynamic features they built into the F9 make a noticeable difference.
    Titleist TS-3 9.5 degree Driver
    Titleist TS-2 16.5 degree Fairway
    Taylor Made P790 UDI
    Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Newport Milspec 34"
  • BogeyParBogeyBogeyParBogey Trying to get better... northern ILMembers Posts: 143 ✭✭
    The irons look really ugly -- like a contender for ugliest irons ever.
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 7,043 ✭✭
    Color me intrigued.....
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,973 ✭✭
    edited Oct 30, 2018 #59
    I love the yellow mixed with red and black looks cool! I might be in the minority but based on looks I like this driver. BB
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • BigHook25BigHook25 Members Posts: 2,292 ✭✭
    eagle1997 wrote:

Whoa. Almost as bad as the BioCell line release. Now, if the driver performs like the BioCell+ Driver, no one will care how bad it looks, they will buy it in droves.

Cobra seems to have two distinct design teams that are constantly battling for supremacy. The butt-ugly team won this round.

Disagree that the bio cell looking bad. Yea, the bio cell+ was different (still one of my favorite drivers), but then when TM did the mixed crown with the M1 and M2 many raved about how great a looking club it was.
  • benno_rbenno_r Members Posts: 760 ✭✭
    I have yet to find anything I can rely on like my bc+ driver. The yellow looks super **** though, I can't wait to demo this.
    Cobra F9 - Speeder Evo4 661
    Adams Tight Lies Titanium - VTS Silver
    Mizuno JPX850 - Altus Hybrid
    Ping e1 4-GW - Paderson Kevlar Green 110
    GrindWorks 54/58
    Edel / Lajosi / Ping / Xenon / Odyssey / Black Lab on rotation