2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

New Titleist TS drivers

LifeAfterBogeys

So I went over to a titleist Thursdays event last week, I hadn’t booked in as I wasn’t sure when I would get away from work but the guy was able to get me 25 minutes with him so that was good.

Currently I’m hitting a 915 D2. Aldila rogue black shaft, stiff. 10.5degrees, lofted right up in the maximum position. Mainly because I like that big high ball flight. On the day I was crunching (for me) my own driver, which is probably a good thing in a fitting to get a good baseline. Dispersion very tight, all 5 on the fairway without a doubt. Carry average 232. Swingspeed average 92/93 I think. Can’t remember ball speed.

We started working through the various options and yes, ball speed and carry went up. I think I was able to get an extra 5mph of ball speed on average and about 10 extra yards carry. Once he got rid of my super high loft we got a good bit extra roll out as well. However, despite all of that, we couldn’t replicate how tight I could get my own driver. I think we tried most of the stock shafts and whilst I was putting it out there, it wasn’t under control.

I did ask him to give me a shot of my own shaft in a TS3 head but he mumbled about the shaft being too heavy for me and him having another customer booked in. I’m not sure if he was just trying to avoid the fact that the rogue black isn’t a stock shaft anymore. No idea, he did seem a good guy though and I wasn’t getting a hard sell off him or anything so apart from not putting my shaft in it, I had no complaints.

For me, I could see the ball speed gains without a doubt but I had no control, an extra 10/15 yards isn’t going to help me if its not on the fairway, and certainly not for an extra £450.

My local range is good with me and will give me a TS3 for a session, I might take my hozel wrench down and swap my own shaft in there and see if there is anything in it.

Or maybe TS just doesn’t suit me.

Wow just experienced the same thing myself. For whatever reason you can't even custom order the Rogue Black 60 with any of the TS drivers.

Does anyone know why? I'm assuming because some other stock offer competes so close the Rogue Black 60; is that the the new Tensei AV 60?

Something is up with the Rogue Black in general, I hit the TS against the Callaway Rogue and Callaway doesn't offer the Rogue Black 60 anymore either.

Mine is Rogue Black 80. Maybe titleist have fallen out with them??

I’m still loving the look of TS3, but I’m still struggling to find a shaft that helps me hit it as consistently as the 917d3. I was fitted into the evenflow white. Didn’t care for the feel. Tried the smoke, but it’s been pretty inconsistent do me. I’ve just pulled the backup shaft to my 917 (diamana d+ 70) and going to try it today. Just in case, I’ve ordered the aldila nv 2kxv blue 70 to give it a try in this head (I’ve got it well testing other drivers). Worst case, I’ll pull the motore speeder from my 917 and out in the ts3 (only problem with that is somebody is testing that one out right now to possibly purchase from me).

Really hoping to get this dialed in soon. I think the problem is the shafts I was “fitted” into. I swing around 109 and I think I was put into too low launching of a shaft and I’m not comfortable with it. I prefer a mid launch and I think the low launch shafts with the low spin head is making me do stupid things.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

I'm still loving the look of TS3, but I'm still struggling to find a shaft that helps me hit it as consistently as the 917d3. I was fitted into the evenflow white. Didn't care for the feel. Tried the smoke, but it's been pretty inconsistent do me. I've just pulled the backup shaft to my 917 (diamana d+ 70) and going to try it today. Just in case, I've ordered the aldila nv 2kxv blue 70 to give it a try in this head (I've got it well testing other drivers). Worst case, I'll pull the motore speeder from my 917 and out in the ts3 (only problem with that is somebody is testing that one out right now to possibly purchase from me).

Really hoping to get this dialed in soon. I think the problem is the shafts I was "fitted" into. I swing around 109 and I think I was put into too low launching of a shaft and I'm not comfortable with it. I prefer a mid launch and I think the low launch shafts with the low spin head is making me do stupid things.

Aren't the titleist tips for 917 line and ts line the same? (when I see "pull" I think of pulling the shaft out of the adapter)

I'm still loving the look of TS3, but I'm still struggling to find a shaft that helps me hit it as consistently as the 917d3. I was fitted into the evenflow white. Didn't care for the feel. Tried the smoke, but it's been pretty inconsistent do me. I've just pulled the backup shaft to my 917 (diamana d+ 70) and going to try it today. Just in case, I've ordered the aldila nv 2kxv blue 70 to give it a try in this head (I've got it well testing other drivers). Worst case, I'll pull the motore speeder from my 917 and out in the ts3 (only problem with that is somebody is testing that one out right now to possibly purchase from me).

Really hoping to get this dialed in soon. I think the problem is the shafts I was "fitted" into. I swing around 109 and I think I was put into too low launching of a shaft and I'm not comfortable with it. I prefer a mid launch and I think the low launch shafts with the low spin head is making me do stupid things.

Aren't the titleist tips for 917 line and ts line the same? (when I see "pull" I think of pulling the shaft out of the adapter)

Yes they the same. I mean pull as in pulled it out of that one and put it in this one.

FYI, I think I have it figured out. I was hitting everything toward the heel. I flattened the setting (b1setting) and that seems to have helped. Put in a diamana d+ 70 instead of the smoke 6.5 60 gram staff. The added weight always seems to help me.

Anyone located a source for TS2 weights yet?

Apparently Titleist said the individual weights wont be available until December. Sourced through my Titleist contact.

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

I did the same thing. I have the TS3 and hated the Evenflow shaft (literally everything about it) and wasn't a fan of smoke either. The perfect fit was to take my 917 D2 shaft (Diamana LTD White) and put it in the TS3. Magic. The sound and feel of this combination are awesome.

Because the D2 driver was shorter than the TS3, I took the weight from my D2 head, which is heavier than the standard TS weight, and put it into the TS head. This added the right amount of extra head weight to account for the shorter shaft. So now I'm able to play the TS3 at 45 inches instead of the TS standard of 45.50.

Titleist TSR3 08.75 – AD DI 65x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – AD DI 75x

Titleist TSR2 17.25 – AD DI 85x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – AD DI 95x

Titleist T150 4i-6i – X100 Tour

Titleist T100 7i-9i – X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw – S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 – White Hot OG5

I’m still loving the look of TS3, but I’m still struggling to find a shaft that helps me hit it as consistently as the 917d3. I was fitted into the evenflow white. Didn’t care for the feel. Tried the smoke, but it’s been pretty inconsistent do me. I’ve just pulled the backup shaft to my 917 (diamana d+ 70) and going to try it today. Just in case, I’ve ordered the aldila nv 2kxv blue 70 to give it a try in this head (I’ve got it well testing other drivers). Worst case, I’ll pull the motore speeder from my 917 and out in the ts3 (only problem with that is somebody is testing that one out right now to possibly purchase from me).

Really hoping to get this dialed in soon. I think the problem is the shafts I was “fitted” into. I swing around 109 and I think I was put into too low launching of a shaft and I’m not comfortable with it. I prefer a mid launch and I think the low launch shafts with the low spin head is making me do stupid things.

I can tell this series is VERY shaft sensitive. I’ve been burning through trials and think I finally found the one that works for me. I’ve noticed it even changes the sound/feel of the head, pretty amazing.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I can tell this series is VERY shaft sensitive. I’ve been burning through trials and think I finally found the one that works for me. I’ve noticed it even changes the sound/feel of the head, pretty amazing.

Yes! The sound changes with shaft. I thought was interesting as well. I don’t remember my 917 doing that. Then again, I didn’t change shafts much on that one.

It’s crazy... I cannot get a consistent flight. I love the look, but having a hard time getting a shaft that plays well on course. I can NOT get this driver to draw..in any setting or shaft that I have. I suspect the bulge and roll has been adjusted in these new drivers, but I can’t work it as well as I could the 917d3. My miss is strange too... I keep hitting toward the heel. I adjusted it flatter and that helped.

I love the look of it though.

The smoke 6.5 was crazy low spin for me. Too low. The ball looked like a marble going through the air. The ball did some crazy stuff in the air.

D+ has better spin numbers and the trajectory is better and more predictable. The stiff tip makes it impossible for me to draw the ball (which is my preferred shape).

Motore speeder 6.3 spun too much.

Hoping this NV 70 arriving tomorrow will be the ticket. Mid launch, mid spin, 70 gram range that I like, smooth bend profile. I’ve like it in other clubs.

Worst case, I’ve got an evolution ii speeder 757 here that I could put a Titleist tip on.

A good comparison would be the previous models (Honda) to the new driver (Ferrari). Which one is gonna be more fussy? That’s the price we pay for trying to squeak out ball speed. I’m not sure it’s worth it!

NV blue 70 stiff came in yesterday (Dallas golf is awesome, btw). Went to the course today with. It’s excellent!!! I think I’ve finally found the shaft I’ve needed for this ts3.

Shaft feels very smooth, but loose or sloppy. Great kick through impact with a good mid trajectory.

Bonus, the matte black looks awesome with the head. Dallas golf even put a blue and black mcc+4 on it to make it pop.

I will say, for Titleist guys, these are certainly the best heads they have made in recent memory. A definite step in the right direction for Titleist. Spin rates are actually down and ball speeds were very good. I still wouldn't choose one of these over a Taylormade, Callaway or Ping, but they closed the gap quite a bit with these.

I will say, for Titleist guys, these are certainly the best heads they have made in recent memory. A definite step in the right direction for Titleist. Spin rates are actually down and ball speeds were very good. I still wouldn't choose one of these over a Taylormade, Callaway or Ping, but they closed the gap quite a bit with these.

The TS3 smashed the Ping 400LST and Taylormade on GC Quad for me. 3mph more ball speed and the TS3 is easily the most forgiving driver i've owned. It will not go left. I have 9 full rounds with it now. I'm sold
  • AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

The TS3 smashed the Ping 400LST and Taylormade on GC Quad for me. 3mph more ball speed and the TS3 is easily the most forgiving driver i've owned. It will not go left. I have 9 full rounds with it now. I'm sold

As I said, HUGE improvement for Titleist. These drivers are actually competitive, which I wouldn't say about most of their recent offerings. They still aren't the lowest spin things on the market for sure, but for players who don't need massive spin reduction, they are a true viable choice this year. It's the first Titleist driver I would actually recommend to a certain type of player in a very long time. Again, we didn't find quite the same results as you did during testing, but I'm happy you found something you can swing with confidence and that performs for you. There's definitely something to say about how confidently a player swings a certain club.

As I said, HUGE improvement for Titleist. These drivers are actually competitive, which I wouldn't say about most of their recent offerings. They still aren't the lowest spin things on the market for sure, but for players who don't need massive spin reduction, they are a true viable choice this year. It's the first Titleist driver I would actually recommend to a certain type of player in a very long time. Again, we didn't find quite the same results as you did during testing, but I'm happy you found something you can swing with confidence and that performs for you. There's definitely something to say about how confidently a player swings a certain club.

Obviously, these things are so very subjective. There is dry data and then there are real results on the course. For me, the TS3 is the best driver I have ever hit. I have it paired with the normal stock Hzrdus shaft. The combo must be perfect for my swing. I played 18 holes yesterday and hit 10 of 13 fairways when using this driver. I had one drive measured at 318 yards by my Golfshot Plus app. I had three other drives over 290. I am hitting this about 8 to 10 yards further on average than anything else I have tried and I am the ultimate club ho, having hit most of the other big names, including Ping G400/G400 LST, Callaway Rogue, Cobra 8+ and TaylorMade M3/M4. Something about this Titleist just clicks for me and I am only sorry I couldn’t have played this all year and that the golf season is all but over in my neck of the woods.

I’m finding my TS3 has about the same pop as my Rogue Sub did but I’m finding way more fairways with a straighter shot pattern. I’m sold too!

Obviously, these things are so very subjective. There is dry data and then there is real results on the course. For me, the TS3 is the best driver I have ever hit. I have it paired with the normal stock Hzrdus shaft. The combo must be perfect for my swing. I played 18 holes yesterday and hit 10 of 13 fairways whit this driver. I had one driver measured at 318 yards by my Golfshot Plus app. I had three other drives over 290. I am hitting this about 8 to 10 yards further on average than anything else I have tried and I am the ultimate club ho, having hit most of the other big names, including Ping G400/G400 LST, Callaway Rogue, Cobra 8+ and TaylorMade M3/M4. Something about this Titleist just clicks for me and I am only sorry I couldn’t have played this all year and that the golf season is all but over in my neck of the woods.

No question. What we do is collect raw date with a large group of scratch or better players. That's basically my job. Now saying that, certainly certain players will love the way a specific club sets up, looks, feels, sounds, etc. It basically checks all the boxes and you swing it with total confidence. As long as the numbers are decent, you tweak loft and shaft, dial it in and you have your new weapon. The data doesn't tell the subjectives, but all the little things can come together and give you something special. Seems like this is the box checker for you. :)

I’m still struggling with my TS3. I believe I actually prefer the 917 to it. I like the feel of the 917 better and I am much more accurate with the 917.

I think the ts3 is going up for sale.

I'm finding my TS3 has about the same pop as my Rogue Sub did but I'm finding way more fairways with a straighter shot pattern. I'm sold too!

shaft combos? I tried to switch to the TS3. Had one built with Evenflow white to see if it could replace Rogue SubZ/HZRDUS yellow. Spun more and flew higher. That was about the only difference I saw. Don't mean to derail the Titleist love, just didn't work for me but always willing to try again.

I'm finding my TS3 has about the same pop as my Rogue Sub did but I'm finding way more fairways with a straighter shot pattern. I'm sold too!

shaft combos? I tried to switch to the TS3. Had one built with Evenflow white to see if it could replace Rogue SubZ/HZRDUS yellow. Spun more and flew higher. That was about the only difference I saw. Don't mean to derail the Titleist love, just didn't work for me but always willing to try again.

It's all about the shaft man. Hzrdus yellow and the even flow white are very different shafts.

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

It's all about the shaft man. Hzrdus yellow and the even flow white are very different shafts.

Yep i agree. I was going to try to locate a HZRDUS to put in it but then I am trying to solve a problem that doesn't really exist, so I am actually going to post the TS3 on the classifieds later this am. (I hope saying that doesn't get me in trouble:-)

Heck no man use what works for you! I actually went the opposite direction, Hazrdus Yellow in the SZ to the Red in my TS3 but I do not spin the ball a lot so it helped me.

Yep i agree. I was going to try to locate a HZRDUS to put in it but then I am trying to solve a problem that doesn't really exist, so I am actually going to post the TS3 on the classifieds later this am. (I hope saying that doesn't get me in trouble:-)

I’ve tried so many shafts in my ts3 and I can’t get it where I want it. Putting my 8.5 on the black today. Played duty my 917 yesterday again.... I really prefer the feeling it.

I've been playing the 913D2 for years. I'm not a long player anyway and I can make that club do whatever I like. However I did try the TS2 over the weekend and was pretty impressed. I'd say my good drives go about 250-255 and I was getting consistent 260-265 drives even with slight mishits with the TS2. The only rub is that my home course has a couple of holes that you absolutely must hit a cut on off the tee box. I could not make the TS2 cut. I could hit a straight pull, I could hit a double cross, or I could hit a 40 yard slice. I thought maybe it was my swing so I took out the 913 after the round and hit 5 in a row with a 10-15 yard butter cut. I'm going to try the TS3 and see if I can get the same distance with a little more workability. But on a hole where you can hit it straight or with a little bit of a draw, it was noticeably longer than other Titlleist drivers I've hit in the past. Was playing it 10.5 A1 with a Tensei blue shaft which I liked but didn't love.

I went back to my local shop and requested a demo of the TS3 10.5 with the Kuro Kage S shaft. I had to bump it up to 11.25 to get the flight right but once I did...WOW. It was noticeably longer than most anything I've hit and I've tried a bunch of the new drivers looking for the right one. Not quite as forgiving as the TS2 so you've got to put a good move on it, but I was getting a good 15-20 yards extra from the 913. Enough so that 2 of my playing partners asked to hit the driver. One was playing an M3 and the other a G400. The Kuro Kage felt WAY bettter to me than the Tensei, and I was able to move it both ways if needed. I'm a bit concerned with the low spin I was getting on the monitor (somewhere around 2K or a little less), but I hit 5 balls on GC2 with mine, The TS2, The G400 Max, and the M3. Mine was shortest at 215 carry/240 total. M3 and G400 both at ~220/245. TS2 at 225/251. TS3 at 236/265. My dispersion was a little tighter with the TS2 and mine, slightly worse with the M3 and WAY worse with the G400 Max (Which baffles me as I thought it'd be a perfect candidate). Can't really argue with the numbers. I've ordered a TS3 with the Kuro Kage and may mess around with other shafts as I currently play a Matrix White Tie and have an 'Ilima sitting around somewhere. Might grab one of those fancy GD AD's too to try while I'm at it.

Callaway Paradym 12* (-1Std) Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood

Ping G425M 20.5* Tensei Raw Org 75S

Ping G425 22* ADIZ85S

Ping G425 26* ADIZ85S

T100S 6-7 (1* weak) Aerotech FC115

T100 8-PW  Aerotech FC115

Titleist T100 50*  Aerotech FC115

Vokey SM8 54.12D/58.8M Aerotech FC115
SC Champ Choice Newport 2 Stability Shaft Tour

Got my TS3 yesterday with the HZRDUS smoke, since I already have an EF white. Had a GT180 since March or so and while I was killing it in a demo, I've been mainly struggling with it on the course. Played with my buddies TS3 one round and everything was working. Kept trying to make the GT180 work for me, but it just wouldn't cooperate. So I played 9 today with it, the EF white was the winner over the smoke on the range and it translated to the course well too. Made for a much easier round stepping up to the tee box and not worrying about how far and which way I was gonna go, lol. Got 2 more rounds this weekend, so we'll see if I can keep it up, but I'm a fan so far