I need to Vent...and you are my people!!

CHuntsman

My whole family went down to Florida for Labor Day to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday. We rented a huge house in Kissimmee for all of (18) of us to stay. We had the time of our lives. Fast forward to the trip home. We (Wife, 2 kids, and myself) stopped at the McDonalds in Tifton, GA for a quick bathroom/lunch break. Im in the drive thru line waiting for the car in front of me to receive their food so I can pull up to the window. After a good 4hrs in the car, my girls were getting a little ornery. I looked back to get them to settle down and my foot slipped off the brake and I hit the car in front of me. After explaining to her what happened, I asked her what she felt like we needed to do since there was no damage or anything. She said she ned to call her insurance company. No problem, i'll call mine as well. Before I get off the phone with my inusurance agent, a police officer shows up. She called them instead of her agent. After explaning to him what happened, he issues a case number to follow up on, but no ticket was given. I followed up on the case weekly, nothing ever came about it. Today, I receive a call from my insurance agent that the lady has hired an attorney and is claming injuries and has already been seeing an orthopedic!!!!! Keep in mind, we were in the drive thru line. I was 2-3' behind her. I couldn't have been going more than 1MPH. She has zero damage to her back bumper, I have zero damage to my front bumber. I do have 2 small dents on the outside of the front bumber from the previous owner. I understand she may have had a previous injuries, but there is noway on gods green earth did the impact of that 1MPH bump make you feel worse. Mean people suck, dont be one!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the course of your insurance investigating the incident, I have to wonder if they'll find other, suspicious "Incidents" involving this woman.

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S) Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R) Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R) Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R) Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R) Ping Darby Sigma G

Sorry to hear that OP, I can understand your frustration.

We have a woman in our office who appears to have made a side job of constantly getting into ridiculously minor accidents like this and suing for all kinds of nonsense medical claims. It's sad and angering at the same time.

She's not in her late 50's located in Tifton Georgia is she? :taunt:

Hopefully your insurance company does a thorough investigation and refers this to the SIU fraud claims team. Stuff like this is like I always tell my insureds to get a police report. If the officer did their job and noted stuff like zero damage no injuries reported on scene it just makes it easy for your adjuster to send a denial letter to the other party.

Side note one of my early mentors was a former SIU investigator for a large insurance carrier. He had some great stories of fraud cases he had busted.

On a funny note, this is one of the more idiotic fraud claims I have ever read about

https://www.insuranc...8/23/260386.htm

Edit: the original story I read years ago did not mention the victim in this case was mentally disabled. Was a lot more idiotic than sad then.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Until we fix the litigation problem in this country, this will continue. There is no downside to suing someone. Until there is a law that makes the suing party pay your attorney fee's should they lose, this will continue. Just too easy to sue someone, especially with all the ambulance chasing attorney's promising no fees unless they collect. They know many insurance companies will simply settle out of court rather than be dragged through a lengthy process. It really is a dirty business.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Callaway Mack Daddy 52/56 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Monterey

Until we fix the litigation problem in this country, this will continue. There is no downside to suing someone. Until there is a law that makes the suing party pay your attorney fee's should they lose, this will continue. Just too easy to sue someone, especially with all the ambulance chasing attorney's promising no fees unless they collect. They know many insurance companies will simply settle out of court rather than be dragged through a lengthy process. It really is a dirty business.

Well stated. It is a shameful state of affairs.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

You meet the nicest people at a McDonalds drive-thru.

HAHA, I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully it works out for you OP and she gets what she deserves... but McD's is a tough place to make friends.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

should have went to Wendys

Nothing compares to McDonalds fountain crack, I mean Coke.

My wife goes on and on about how much better Mcdonalds Coke is to anything else. I never go to McDonald so I always just assume crazy talk until someone told me how over engineered their system is compared to the normal convenient store

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

should have went to Wendys

Nothing compares to McDonalds fountain crack, I mean Coke.

My wife goes on and on about how much better Mcdonalds Coke is to anything else. I never go to McDonald so I always just assume crazy talk until someone told me how over engineered their system is compared to the normal convenient store

She's spot on. I dont drink much soda at all, but when I do, its either from McDonalds or the local bodega in glass bottle form. Coke products in the U.S. are made with high fructose corn syrup where as in Mexico its made with pure cane sugar.

My whole family went down to Florida for Labor Day to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday. We rented a huge house in Kissimmee for all of (18) of us to stay. We had the time of our lives. Fast forward to the trip home. We (Wife, 2 kids, and myself) stopped at the McDonalds in Tifton, GA for a quick bathroom/lunch break. Im in the drive thru line waiting for the car in front of me to receive their food so I can pull up to the window. After a good 4hrs in the car, my girls were getting a little ornery. I looked back to get them to settle down and my foot slipped off the brake and I hit the car in front of me. After explaining to her what happened, I asked her what she felt like we needed to do since there was no damage or anything. She said she ned to call her insurance company. No problem, i'll call mine as well. Before I get off the phone with my inusurance agent, a police officer shows up. She called them instead of her agent. After explaning to him what happened, he issues a case number to follow up on, but no ticket was given. I followed up on the case weekly, nothing ever came about it. Today, I receive a call from my insurance agent that the lady has hired an attorney and is claming injuries and has already been seeing an orthopedic!!!!! Keep in mind, we were in the drive thru line. I was 2-3' behind her. I couldn't have been going more than 1MPH. She has zero damage to her back bumper, I have zero damage to my front bumber. I do have 2 small dents on the outside of the front bumber from the previous owner. I understand she may have had a previous injuries, but there is noway on gods green earth did the impact of that 1MPH bump make you feel worse. Mean people suck, dont be one!!!

When I was in high school while stopped behind a much larger vehicle waiting on a car ahead to turn, I looked out my window at some young ladies walking home from school, foot let up on clutch and I rolled into the car ahead. Put a dent no deeper or wider than a quarter on my bumper, knocked the plastic strip off the bumper guard of their Crown Vic. Police came, no citation, nine months later I got served, ironically on Good Friday, with the petition filed by a preacher and his wife. A little over a year later - a trial, lol. They wanted $100,000+, were awarded about $1500.

I thought of it because discovery had revealed and there was evidence of a very significant collision they were victims of in Florida and suffered severe injuries they were less than forthcoming about. The wife was photographed pitching in the church summer softball league during a time she claimed she could hardly move and wore a neck brace to work. It was like those obligatory whiplash episodes in every sitcom in the 60s, lol.

The evening I was served I went to a friend's house, mentioned the lawsuit and the plaintiff. His dad, and I'm not making this up, recounted his experience with trying to sell a car, the folks who were suing me coming by and asking if they could test it out over the weekend, then proceeding to test it by driving from Iowa to Oklahoma and back then indicating they didn't want it. I can still hear him saying, "F-ing Oklahoma, Mr. O, F-ing Oklahoma!" Mr. O was his nickname for me.

Anyway, these things work out most of the time, be optimistic - hope this helps.

Automatic. If you rear-end somebody you can expect they'll play a game to draw a settlement out of your insurance company. When you said you agreed to call your insurance company so quickly I went "ACK!" Better to say you don't have any until a cop actually shows.

Here in Cali it's real bad. The other day my mother in law hit a tree with her car, totaling it. A lady (from another country/culture) happened to witness it, pulled over to observe, then filed a claim against my mum-in-law's insurance saying she ran into her car too. Total lie. We, luckily, got the police report and the cooperation of the cop who filed it to shut down her claim. And, the insurance companies don't go out of their way to help. It's bad out there. There is a real shortage of morals.

• 2 weeks later...

About 15 years ago as a young driver, I pulled in to an intersection, realized I couldn't make the turn, and a semi was coming at me. I stopped and reversed in to the car behind me, which had pulled up behind me. We all got out, we saw there was zero damage, I apolgized profusely, and then we all went about our day.

• 2 weeks later...
the officer did their job and noted stuff like zero damage no injuries reported on scene it just makes it easy for your adjuster to send a denial letter to the other party.

Unfortunately it’s not that easy. Just be thankful whatever she is suing for will be covered under your liability since it’s so minor. If it was a serious accident and not fully covered by insurance, assuming she settled for something close to whatever number that would be, thats when it turns people’s worlds upside down.

Extremely annoying but that’s why you pay insurance, just forget about it.