GAPR

bharp77

Debating between adding the Lo or p790 UDI 2 to my bag. Need to hit the Lo but so many mixed reviews.

Same, hoping to be able to try both soon.

Ping G430 LST 9* (Ventus TR Red 6X)

Ping G430 Max 3W (Ventus Blue 7X)

TM Qi10 5W (KBS TD70X)

TM P770 4-5i (KBS Tour X)

TM P7MC 6-8i (KBS Tour X)

TM P7MB 9i-PW (KBS Tour X)

TM MG4 Copper 50/55/60 (KBS $-Taper 120 Black)

Spider Tour X Single Bend (BGT Stability)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hit them but i was not super impressed with them for the price. the 80 gram shaft is too light, i do not know what options there are for other shafts but i do not like the stock option at all. i will just stick with the mizuno fli hi.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I went to a TM fitting at their TPL. Needed to redo my top end of bag between driver and 4i.

We hit the GAPRs...theyre junk overall.

All of them are Absolutely the ugliest clubs ive ever seen.

The LO was the closest to being able to make it into the bag if i was forced to pick. but realistically the 790UDI or a 790 3i was much better for me over the LO. If anyone is considering a LO strongly look at a 790udi or 790 3i instead.

The 790 has less offset, thinner topline, and felt amazing.

The LO felt worse and looked terrible in comparison unless you like offset.

790 won in performance as well.

All of the GAPRs felt like junk for the most part. With the Exception being the HIGH. The high has a hybrid kind of feel that made it tolerable. The mid is literally so terrible to look at. Imagine the worlds biggest most offset SGI you can imagine. Now double the offset and size...thats a gapr mid.

In the end we went m3 3w and m3 5w and a UDI 3iron. The 790 UDI was pretty close to replacing the 5w but realistically I've got my shots covered without it. If i played baked out fairways id likely get a 2udi.

In conclusion:

The gapr low was just ok in performance but looked and felt terrible. The 790s are a better option to the low unless you need offset. to the member who said its a rebranded adams dhy...youre kinda right except the dhy was legendary...i wish i never got rid of mine Absolutely a rocket launcher.

The gapr mid was literally horrible in every aspect.

The high was also meh.

Overall id say theyre junk. Simply because in the LO you have 790s as an option that are better. In the high you have an m3 or m4 hybrid that were better.

The mid was the only unique club but man it was terrible to look at, worst feeling club ive ever hit. And the performance waa subpar for what i expected.

Need you to write more negative words in your next post about these (/s).......your problem might have been the Indian and not the arrow. Took my Lo to the lesson tee yesterday and was spanking 240 yard bullets. And the numbers on trackman were gorgeous.

At times things are the Indian yes. But as i said the 790UDI and 790 3i were much better then the LO. It wasnt an indian vs arrow thing.

790 is the best club tm has made in a decade.

Agreed

Agreed...but: I hit both in the 2 iron. The 790 looks better to me (I like thin topline, etc) and feels great when you hit it correctly, BUT, the GAPR is definitely more forgiving. Heel and toe, high and low all will not kill the shot like the 790. If you consisently hit the sweetsopt then 790 is the way to go, if not, GAPR is the way. This is just my opinion, I only play to a 7 with 105 ish driver speed if that gives any indication. At my SS or higher, both are easy to put in the bag. Distance was about the same, maybe GAPR slightly longer, but dispersion was way tighter with GAPR and mishits is not even close. Too bad the price point is high at $250, such is the cost of being a club ho.

Note this is for the GAPR Lo, Mid and Hi were too chunky looking

I might be in the minority but the GAPR is better then the UDI's for my swing. The Gapr LO was along the lines of a stinger for me no matter what I did so I got the mid.

I had the 790 UDI with AD-DI but felt the mis hits were too penal especially for something that's suppose to be a fairway finder. The GAPR mid is much more forgiving especially on mishits. I have it paired now with the Tensei PRO White hybrid shaft in 100TX and this thing just takes off. I get much better results off mishits on it then I ever did with the P790 UDI or the RSI...

Demoed the GAPR mid and hi last night. Both had similar trajectory for me, but the hi was much more consistent. Walked away with the 3 hi, which is a great hybrid/long iron replacement. Was able to hit high, soft shots and low penetrating ones that ran forever. Can't wait to get it on the course this weekend and really screw up that black finish ;)

Titleist TS3 w/ Even Flow White
M1 w/ Diamana Thump
M4 Tour w/ Kuro Kage TiNi
GAPR w/ KBS Tour Proto
Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
Vokey 46° 
Hi-Toe 52° & 58°
Bobby Grace Tour Diamond 3

I was in Golftown today and saw the collection of GAPR's.

Picked them up and did some air swings to see how they felt.

The iron profiles were very light, IMO.

The hybrid profiles felt common to most hybrids for weight.

I kept looking at them and checking the the shafts and all of a sudden - MOTHER OF GOD!! $1000.00 per club!!?? on the store sticker.

Now, I am not adverse to spending money on golf equipment by any means - new driver and wedges every year, irons every second year hybrids every third year.

However, if that is where the price points are heading, I have purchased my last clubs.

Well except for the new 785 Srixon driver and the 919 Mizzy irons, and the ... wedges

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

I was in Golftown today and saw the collection of GAPR's.

I kept looking at them and checking the the shafts and all of a sudden - MOTHER OF GOD!! $1000.00 per club!!?? on the store sticker.

The store has messed up on the pricing, they are listed at $249.99 each on the TM website

No doubt, possibly to discourage orders until the spring.

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

Went to our local PGASS yesterday and they had GAPR Demo’s in all 3 heads and I was impressed.

The Mid and Hi look much better in person then I expected. They hit nice but since I was not really in the market for one of these so I only hit them a couple times. I have an M1 4 hybrid that I really like and I don’t see the GAPR Mid or Hi knocking that out of the bag.

The GAPR Lo on the other hand will be in the bag come spring. It looks perfect at address to me. Much cleaner and thinner in person than the online pics make it look. It does remind me of the older Adams stuff but with a better look to it at address. They had the 3 Lo to hit but I will order this in a 2. I hit the ball high anyway and want a lower ball flight with this club. I was not a fan of the stock shaft and I think that was part of the reason for the extra height I was getting with the 3. But with the adapter system on these it will be much easier to test and swap shafts from the assortment I have at home.

For what it’s worth the guy at PGASS said pretty much any of the big box golf shops will have a few of these on hand for demo so if you want to see them just stop in.

They are rumored to ship early to mid OCT so I’m just going to wait and pick one up over the winter. By that time here in MN our season is pretty much done for the year.

And that is why i moved south

Went to our local PGASS yesterday and they had GAPR Demo's in all 3 heads and I was impressed.

The Mid and Hi look much better in person then I expected. They hit nice but since I was not really in the market for one of these so I only hit them a couple times. I have an M1 4 hybrid that I really like and I don't see the GAPR Mid or Hi knocking that out of the bag.

The GAPR Lo on the other hand will be in the bag come spring. It looks perfect at address to me. Much cleaner and thinner in person than the online pics make it look. It does remind me of the older Adams stuff but with a better look to it at address. They had the 3 Lo to hit but I will order this in a 2. I hit the ball high anyway and want a lower ball flight with this club. I was not a fan of the stock shaft and I think that was part of the reason for the extra height I was getting with the 3. But with the adapter system on these it will be much easier to test and swap shafts from the assortment I have at home.

For what it's worth the guy at PGASS said pretty much any of the big box golf shops will have a few of these on hand for demo so if you want to see them just stop in.

They are rumored to ship early to mid OCT so I'm just going to wait and pick one up over the winter. By that time here in MN our season is pretty much done for the year.

And that is why i moved south

I actually love the winter break from the game and is why I have no issue staying here. I can't imagine playing golf year round (Crazy on this site I know). I will play my last round of golf this year on September 30th which is my last tournament of the year. I will not touch a club again until the end of February when it's time to start working on putting and chipping before the season starts. And I will have still logged close to 80 rounds of golf in my 6/7 month season. I will be excited to play again next spring as right now I'm ready to be done for the season.

Went to PGA Tour Superstore today to check them out. Didn't hit them because they only had regular shaft in them, but the low reminded me of my TP 2 iron i have, but replaced with the 790 2 iron. Hopefully i can find one with an X-Stiff shaft soon to hit, but who knows, seems the "big" stores only have regular or stiff shafts in them.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to a TM fitting at their TPL. Needed to redo my top end of bag between driver and 4i.

The LO was the closest to being able to make it into the bag if i was forced to pick. but realistically the 790UDI or a 790 3i was much better for me over the LO. If anyone is considering a LO strongly look at a 790udi or 790 3i instead.

All of the GAPRs felt like junk for the most part. With the Exception being the HIGH. The high has a hybrid kind of feel that made it tolerable. The mid is literally so terrible to look at. Imagine the worlds biggest most offset SGI you can imagine. Now double the offset and size...thats a gapr mid.

In the end we went m3 3w and m3 5w and a UDI 3iron. The 790 UDI was pretty close to replacing the 5w but realistically I've got my shots covered without it. If i played baked out fairways id likely get a 2udi.

In conclusion:

The gapr low was just ok in performance but looked and felt terrible. The 790s are a better option to the low unless you need offset. to the member who said its a rebranded adams dhy...youre kinda right except the dhy was legendary...i wish i never got rid of mine Absolutely a rocket launcher.

The high was also meh.

Overall id say theyre junk. Simply because in the LO you have 790s as an option that are better. In the high you have an m3 or m4 hybrid that were better.

The mid was the only unique club but man it was terrible to look at, worst feeling club ive ever hit. And the performance waa subpar for what i expected.

Interesting to read this. I got my GAPR Mid a couple days before release and I have similar feedback to the poster above now that I've played around with it enough. For those of you who play a lower offset iron set (e.g. I play Mizuno JPX900s), the transition to the GAPR mid was simply too drastic of a change in offset. At address, the club had a tendency to want to lay closed. It just one of those thing where you put the club down on a flat surface and it wants to turn left. It's also a shape that I've never really seen before, so mentally it just looks strange. Not like an iron, not like a hybrid, but something bulky in between.

Now i'm back to square one - considering the 718 TMB 3-iron, the P790 UDI, the GAPR Lo, or even 5-woods.

put the GAPR Mid on ebay. I'll take a loss on it for this experiment that didn't work out for me.

Callaway Mavrik 9*
Honma 747FW 15

Honma 747UT 19*, 22*

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW
Titleist SM7 54.5*
TM MG Wedge 59*
TM Spider Tour Red

i feel this is a big miss for TM. not a great club at all.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

In conclusion:

The high was also meh.

Interesting to read this. I got my GAPR Mid a couple days before release and I have similar feedback to the poster above now that I've played around with it enough. For those of you who play a lower offset iron set (e.g. I play Mizuno JPX900s), the transition to the GAPR mid was simply too drastic of a change in offset. At address, the club had a tendency to want to lay closed. It just one of those thing where you put the club down on a flat surface and it wants to turn left. It's also a shape that I've never really seen before, so mentally it just looks strange. Not like an iron, not like a hybrid, but something bulky in between.

Now i'm back to square one - considering the 718 TMB 3-iron, the P790 UDI, the GAPR Lo, or even 5-woods.

put the GAPR Mid on ebay. I'll take a loss on it for this experiment that didn't work out for me.

Get a 790udi or save cash and get a rsi udi or tp udi and thank me later.

The GAPR low didn't make the cut. I ended up keeping the other 2. Couldn't justify keeping the Lo and Mid. The end result was always the same for me and in the end I took better looking higher ball flight over the same distance in a low line drive. But the Hi just replaced my M4 hybrid easily and the fact its adjustable I now have a separate shaft and setting for some of the places I play that the low line drive would work well.

I kept the Mid just for those days the driver can't seem to find a fairway for me.

Do the old Adams XTD TI / M1 hybrid adaptors work in them

I am interested to know the answer also.

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

I’m still debating picking up a mid

It seems like the perfect, I used to be scratch but now I only play once a week club.

Any thoughts on how it would play to that?

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

Anyone that has the GAPr and other TM hybrids, are the shafts interchangeable adapter wise?

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Played my first round with GAPR low, 2 iron, PX 6.O Hybrid shaft built to my specs (+1/2). Oh my is all I can say. Great distance and fairway finder off the tee and for me easy to hit off the fairway. Great sound, distance and feel. Found myself going to it more an more as the round continued and my comfort level increased. Thinking about picking up a Mid or Hi to round out the bag.