Video Games

mwink822

RDR2 is F*#%ng awesome,

agree on the control being sluggish, not so bad in most cases but when you run into an ambush it is really awkward to try and get the gun out quickly

The horse travel gets a little old, but I finally figure out how to fast travel from your camp. It really is a well made game. So many details.

A few friends have been playing it and have nothing but good things to say. I never really got into the GTA game style. I also only have a limited amount of time to play, so I typically get one game at a time and stick with it. I am interested in the online portion of it though when that is released. Until then, BO4 is consuming most of my play time.

I am completely in love with everything RDR2. It's so good I am sacrificing golf time to play it. Best. Game. Ever!!!

As far as controls, I had to turn the "dead zone" setting completely down and turned acceleration completely up to max and also look and aim sensitivities up a few notches. Also I free aim only and turned down aim assist to lowest as well. Without all this the controls were too sluggish.

I love playing a ruthless villan outlaw and having a constant DoA bounty on my head. It makes for constant action even when traveling from place to place.

I am looking forward to the multiplayer release.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

RDR2 is F*#%ng awesome,

agree on the control being sluggish, not so bad in most cases but when you run into an ambush it is really awkward to try and get the gun out quickly

The horse travel gets a little old, but I finally figure out how to fast travel from your camp. It really is a well made game. So many details.

A few friends have been playing it and have nothing but good things to say. I never really got into the GTA game style. I also only have a limited amount of time to play, so I typically get one game at a time and stick with it. I am interested in the online portion of it though when that is released. Until then, BO4 is consuming most of my play time.

I am completely in love with everything RDR2. It's so good I am sacrificing golf time to play it. Best. Game. Ever!!!

As far as controls, I had to turn the "dead zone" setting completely down and turned acceleration completely up to max and also look and aim sensitivities up a few notches. Also I free aim only and turned down aim assist to lowest as well. Without all this the controls were too sluggish.

I love playing a ruthless villan outlaw and having a constant DoA bounty on my head. It makes for constant action even when traveling from place to place.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. By far my favorite video game experience ever. I cannot stop fishing. Frickin’ love it.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. By far my favorite video game experience ever. I cannot stop fishing. Frickin’ love it.

Last night I spent several hours fishing by Lake Isabella trying to land the Legendary Muskie. Alas I didn't catch her but I did haul in three 16-17 lb regular muskies. And in the process I had to fight off a couple waves of bounty hunters and weather a few blizzards. Merely surviving in the wild is so much fun. And yeah it's not a game, it's an experience!

Registered Bladeocrat

Last night I spent several hours fishing by Lake Isabella trying to land the Legendary Muskie. Alas I didn't catch her but I did haul in three 16-17 lb regular muskies. And in the process I had to fight off a couple waves of bounty hunters and weather a few blizzards. Merely surviving in the wild is so much fun. And yeah it's not a game, it's an experience!

I gave myself carpal tunnel trying to land the Legendary Muskie!

There’s so much depth to the game it’s unreal. I’m purposely not doing the main story missions because I never want it to end.

I did just find the White Arabian Horse, and if you don’t have it, all I’ll say is keep looking around Lake Isabella because it’s absolutely worth it. So fast.

There’s so much depth to the game it’s unreal. I’m purposely not doing the main story missions because I never want it to end.

I did just find the White Arabian Horse, and if you don’t have it, all I’ll say is keep looking around Lake Isabella because it’s absolutely worth it. So fast.

LOL I can only imagine how hard it will be to land a Legendary Fish.

Yeah I was purposely there at the lake lurking for the White Arabian Horse but it never showed up. Fishing was a way to pass the time. And also while I was there the Legendary White Bison showed up and I killed it instead. I will be back for the white horse. LOL plenty of time for that.

And yeah I am the same way about playing it. I am taking my own sweet time with the main story missions and just surviving off the land until I come across a mission. LOL I am playing as if the main story is really a side mission to the "main" story of being about me as a solo villan being wanted DoA in every county. Then when my honor gets to rock bottom I will turn over a new leaf and play honorably.

Registered Bladeocrat

Yeah I was purposely there at the lake lurking for the White Arabian Horse but it never showed up. Fishing was a way to pass the time. And also while I was there the Legendary White Bison showed up and I killed it instead. I will be back for the white horse. LOL plenty of time for that.

And yeah I am the same way about playing it. I am taking my own sweet time with the main story missions and just surviving off the land until I come across a mission. LOL I am playing as if the main story is really a side mission to the "main" story of being about me as a solo villan being wanted DoA in every county. Then when my honor gets to rock bottom I will turn over a new leaf and play honorably.

I’m curious to know more about the programming logic, because a buddy of mine is in the same boat with the White Arabian. He plays daily and it never shows up where it’s supposed to be. I have the inverse problem, the White arabian is there for me all of the time but the White Bison signs won’t appear and I can’t complete that Legendary Hunt.

Weird.

I’m curious to know more about the programming logic, because a buddy of mine is in the same boat with the White Arabian. He plays daily and it never shows up where it’s supposed to be. I have the inverse problem, the White arabian is there for me all of the time but the White Bison signs won’t appear and I can’t complete that Legendary Hunt.

Weird.

I have seen both but not on the same occasion. I also have seen my buddy see both during one play session.

We both found the Bison by first finding a trace of its hair (in eagle vision mode) on a rock on the north side of the lake. After finding that clue it leads to find its poop and then finally you spot it. I recommend leaving and coming back, approaching from the south end and then picking up its trail along the north shore.

As far as the Arabian horse, I always find it on a clear sunny day at the westernmost tip of the lake. But if it is not there I have to leave the lake completely and come back. I have waited and camped by the lake hoping that it would show up but it never does if I camp nearby. I always have to leave completely and come back on a sunny day. LOL I keep getting bucked off or spooking the thing and then I lose its trail when it runs. Then it never comes back until I leave the area completely.

Registered Bladeocrat

Weird.

I have seen both but not on the same occasion. I also have seen my buddy see both during one play session.

We both found the Bison by first finding a trace of its hair (in eagle vision mode) on a rock on the north side of the lake. After finding that clue it leads to find its poop and then finally you spot it. I recommend leaving and coming back, approaching from the south end and then picking up its trail along the north shore.

As far as the Arabian horse, I always find it on a clear sunny day at the westernmost tip of the lake. But if it is not there I have to leave the lake completely and come back. I have waited and camped by the lake hoping that it would show up but it never does if I camp nearby. I always have to leave completely and come back on a sunny day. LOL I keep getting bucked off or spooking the thing and then I lose its trail when it runs. Then it never comes back until I leave the area completely.

I’ve tried all of that for the Bison and can’t get the first clue to show up on he Eagle eye. I know the exact spot and it won’t registers. I’ve made probably 10 trips there in separate days and no luck. One of these days I’m sure it’ll show up.

Separate note: I just saw a video of a guy shooting Legendary fish then picking them up on the shore...this is life changing! No more pain in my right thumb!

Waiting for Last of Us 2 and wondering whether or not to waste my time on Fallout 76 since it seems contrarian stylistically to the entire point of the series (hoping it isn’t their Mass Effect Andromeda).

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

For those of you just starting out or looking for a free gun in RDR2, there's a child being kidnapped in Rhodes in the gunsmiths basement. To trigger the side quest you have to speak to the kid that's being kidnapped and then you confront the shop owner. By doing so, you get a free Lancaster repeater. However if you rob the register on the way out, than you'll have a bounty on your head.

Man, I miss the days of getting a game and just playing.

Rented Red Dead Remdemption 2 tonight to try before I buy. Got home at about 830 CST and it's 1045 and I haven't even played it. Had to do a 3.6 gb system update, followed by an 85 gb download and then another 3.6 gb update after that!

I admit I don't play many games so I'm often behind on system updates but over 2 hours of updates and downloads is ridiculous. Old man rant over. Lol

They do that so you buy a system with more storage which costs more and the BR player doesn't spin as fast as a traditional CD rom. Both systems require this. It took me about an hour and a half to install RDR2 the day it came out. I also have 150 over 150 internet from FIOS to help quicken the downloads.

They do that so you buy a system with more storage which costs more and the BR player doesn't spin as fast as a traditional CD rom. Both systems require this. It took me about an hour and a half to install RDR2 the day it came out. I also have 150 over 150 internet from FIOS to help quicken the downloads.

Yikes. I returned the game after the one night and am thinking about buying it..... I have the xbox hardwired to fiber that tests at almost 1000 down and up, but I was averaging between 90 and 180 on the download the other night, limited by the other server I'm sure. It's also a first gen xbox one which might contribute.

As someone who usually just plays FPS like Halo or the CoD series, any one have thoughts on how enjoyable RDR2 might be? I bought the latest CoD and its just too hard (or I am too old) and spend most of the time dying and am sort of over it. Looking for something to play and RDR2 sounds pretty awesome just curious if anyone else is like me and made the switch.

Cobra LTDx Aldila NV 75 

TaylorMade Stealth Fairway 3HL FUJIKURA VISTA PRO 21 65S

Cobra LTDx 4 Hybrid 20* KBS PGI 85

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist SM9 55*/60*
Bobby Grace F-18

Once I played the original Red Dead Redemption I never went back to first person shooters.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

As someone who usually just plays FPS like Halo or the CoD series, any one have thoughts on how enjoyable RDR2 might be? I bought the latest CoD and its just too hard (or I am too old) and spend most of the time dying and am sort of over it. Looking for something to play and RDR2 sounds pretty awesome just curious if anyone else is like me and made the switch.

I feel like I may be in the same boat. The netcode seems to be really wonky. Some games, I can just dominate. Next game, same lobby, same opponents, and I just can't hit anybody. Now, it seems like there is someone lagging all over the map each game. There always seems to be at least one person whether they are on my team or not doing this.

Blackout was cool for a bit. But, I have grown frustrated with the inconsistent fire fights there too. I find myself logging in, playing a match or two and just calling it quits early. My friends are all kind of in the same boat too. It's disappointing because it has so much promise.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

You can set up RDR2 to play completely from first person perspective. I like it in third person personally but the option is nice. (I also play it completely free aim too.)

Edit: As a shooter I love it. It's a much different pace and mindset than Halo and CoD, though. You have to use cover a lot more and keep the option of running away on horseback open. Plus your horse can die and also buck you off in fear.

Registered Bladeocrat

Red Dead Redemption 2 is beyond good and 100x more enjoyable to play than the garbage fest that is cod. I haven't done a mission in close to a week. Just been riding around hunting fishing and collecting oddities.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Red Dead Redemption 2 is beyond good and 100x more enjoyable to play than the garbage fest that is cod. I haven't done a mission in close to a week. Just been riding around hunting fishing and collecting oddities.

Same! If you play RDR2, I’d strongly recommend NOT looking anything up on the internet. It’s way more fun to explore and discover things for yourself. I started playing it at the same time as my cousin and he looked everything up and is done with the game and found most of the secrets and he regrets it. I’m savoring every minute of this game, i don’t want it to end!

Same! If you play RDR2, I'd strongly recommend NOT looking anything up on the internet. It's way more fun to explore and discover things for yourself. I started playing it at the same time as my cousin and he looked everything up and is done with the game and found most of the secrets and he regrets it. I'm savoring every minute of this game, i don't want it to end!

Yeah I regret seeing that still of the Braithwaite Manor. That episode was spectacular. Do yall have any tips on wrangling the Arabian? I tried last night and spooked it three times in a row. RDR2 is super great but I feel like some of the gunfights get sluggish with the controls. Not enough to make me not play the game, bc to be honest its my favorite game in a LONG LONG time. Fortnite was incredible in the first few seasons and it gave me that feeling, now it is terrible and over taken by toxic streamers/kids and wayyyy too many cosmetic add ons.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Same! If you play RDR2, I'd strongly recommend NOT looking anything up on the internet. It's way more fun to explore and discover things for yourself. I started playing it at the same time as my cousin and he looked everything up and is done with the game and found most of the secrets and he regrets it. I'm savoring every minute of this game, i don't want it to end!

Yeah I regret seeing that still of the Braithwaite Manor. That episode was spectacular. Do yall have any tips on wrangling the Arabian? I tried last night and spooked it three times in a row. RDR2 is super great but I feel like some of the gunfights get sluggish with the controls. Not enough to make me not play the game, bc to be honest its my favorite game in a LONG LONG time. Fortnite was incredible in the first few seasons and it gave me that feeling, now it is terrible and over taken by toxic streamers/kids and wayyyy too many cosmetic add ons.

Arabian, slowly approach until the calm button highlights, below the calm button you will see a bar that will decrease as the horse stops feeling calm. move slow enough to get closer to use the calm button again before the bar runs out. It is kinda slow process. Once you are able to mount her, use the the directional sticks to move opposite the way the horse is bucking and after a little bit you will break her. Or just do what I did get lucky where the horse is pinned up against some rocks and cant buck so I basically just had to sit on her for 15 seconds.

RE gunfights they are slower, but it is also the old west, nothing but repeaters, shotguns and bolt action for the most part, things were just slower. Use cover and dead eye for head shots

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

RDR2 is super great but I feel like some of the gunfights get sluggish with the controls. Not enough to make me not play the game, bc to be honest its my favorite game in a LONG LONG time...

The controls default settings are sluggish. Turn the acceleration all the way up and the "dead zone" all the way down. Then adjust the sensitivities to your taste. I prefer them at 75% of a full bar. I also play free aim. With these settings the feel of the aim is more like most FPS games.

Registered Bladeocrat

Well thanks everyone, looks like i need to go ahead and get myself a copy of RDR2.

Cobra LTDx Aldila NV 75 

TaylorMade Stealth Fairway 3HL FUJIKURA VISTA PRO 21 65S

Cobra LTDx 4 Hybrid 20* KBS PGI 85

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist SM9 55*/60*
Bobby Grace F-18