2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

WAYE2018WITB? (What Are You Ending 2018 With In The Bag)

cflo2382

Ending the year with

910d3 d+ limited 70 stiff

917f2 3 wood d+ limited 80 stiff

816h2 3 hybrid motore speeder HB 8.8 stiff

716 ap2 s300 amt 4-gw

Rtx3 54,58 dg wedge

Scotty Cameron newport 2.6

Everything in my bag has changed this year

But I'm confident that I'll play this set for a while.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ending the year with

910d3 d+ limited 70

917f2 3 wood d+ limited 89

816h2 3 hybrid motore speeder HB 8.8

716 ap2 s300 amt 4-gw

Rtx3 54,58 dg wedge

Scotty Cameron newport 2.6

Everything in my bag has changed this year

But I'm confident that I'll play this set for a while.

I'm hoping to play my set all of next year. Pretty much just gotta avoid the BST haha

Driver - Taylormade R15 8.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver XStiff

FW - Taylormade M3 3HL - Aldila Rogue Silver XStiff

Hybrid - Taylormade R15 3h - XStiff

DI - PXG 0311X 3 DI (Bent to 17* to play as a 2 iron) - Matrix Ozik Black Tie hM3 105 XStiff

Irons - Mizuno MP5 4-PW - DG X100

Wedges - Vokey SM6 52-56 - DG X100

Putter - SC Newport 2.5

The R15 driver is the oldest club in my bag, and I'm not sure when I'll grow a big enough pair to let it go. Talk about taking a ball to pound town. The TS2 is really tempting me though... :dntknw:

Ohhh, Pound Town. Its a hell of a place!

I think I remember that but I have not been there in years :taunt:

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

Ending the year with the bag below, which is the same bag I started the year with, other than the move to the new TS3’s.

I have a buddy at the golf shop I frequent who reminds me that with my track record as a club ho, I always ended up back with Titleist.

The irons in my bag were bought the first week that Titleist released the 718 AP2’s, so this has been a very calm year for me.

Certainly saved me some money!

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

Ending the year with the bag below, which is the same bag I started the year with, other than the move to the new TS3’s.

I have a buddy at the golf shop I frequent who reminds me that with my track record as a club ho, I always ended up back with Titleist.

The irons in my bag were bought the first week that Titleist released the 718 AP2’s, so this has been a very calm year for me.

Certainly saved me some money!

Thats a solid Titleist lineup. I just moved on from Titleist irons (you might know that from reading my post). AP2s were great. I will admit though that I did not notice a huge difference between the 714s and 718s. If I ever decide to switch back, I would go with the 714s to save the money.. Heck I just saw a decent set sell for <$200 on the Bay earlier today.. yikes! -- But, I do like the look of the 718s better so that makes it tough. Nice play with the longer irons in the T-MB. Thats what I did with my 4-iron when I played that set up. For some reason I just struggled with the 4-iron in the AP2 set.. When I switched to the T-MB it was almost automatic. I loved hitting that thing!

I’m really happy with my current bag. I know PXG get a lot of stick on here, but their stuff really does perform very nicely. I’m going to try and keep my bag as it is for at least the next year, but as I’ve had 5 drivers, 4 fairways, 3 hybrids, 3 sets of irons and wedges, and 4 putters this year, I doubt it will happen. :russian_roulette:

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

I’m really happy with my current bag. I know PXG get a lot of stick on here, but their stuff really does perform very nicely. I’m going to try and keep my bag as it is for at least the next year, but as I’ve had 5 drivers, 4 fairways, 3 hybrids, 3 sets of irons and wedges, and 4 putters this year, I doubt it will happen. :russian_roulette:

I was one of the guys that bashed PXG. But, I'll admit it, I had never hit one of their clubs. I finally pulled the trigger on a 0311 3 iron that I converted to a driving iron. Holy smokes. One of the best feeling clubs I've ever hit. I recently bought a minty set of their 0311T irons and replaced that 3 iron with the 0311X. I really like them. Easy to hit, easy to work the ball, and paired with my Nippons they just feel like butter! I absolutely love the driving iron though. What a fun club to hit. I've never tried any of their other clubs, only irons, but heard mixed things about everything else. The price tag does still bother me though. While they are nice clubs, they are not 2-3x the $$$ nicer, IMO. But I am with you, I am going to try to play this bag all of next year. But as I mentioned before, gotta stay off the BST to make that work! Haha.

I was one of the guys that bashed PXG. But, I'll admit it, I had never hit one of their clubs. I finally pulled the trigger on a 0311 3 iron that I converted to a driving iron. Holy smokes. One of the best feeling clubs I've ever hit. I recently bought a minty set of their 0311T irons and replaced that 3 iron with the 0311X. I really like them. Easy to hit, easy to work the ball, and paired with my Nippons they just feel like butter! I absolutely love the driving iron though. What a fun club to hit. I've never tried any of their other clubs, only irons, but heard mixed things about everything else. The price tag does still bother me though. While they are nice clubs, they are not 2-3x the $$$ nicer, IMO. But I am with you, I am going to try to play this bag all of next year. But as I mentioned before, gotta stay off the BST to make that work! Haha.

I used to bash them too. I never thought I’d end up playing their stuff!

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Welcome to the forum. Nice post. See my witb below. Just added Ping G400 5 wood and 4 hybrid last week. Only have 13 clubs, so have an open spot. Might add a 3 hybrid if the price is right, will match the G400 4h. The gap wedge doesn't match the irons, trying to decide if I'll try to find a G20 U wedge head. Might replace the SW with a Glide and the lob wedge was part of the used wedges I bought when I replaced my irons back in April. I really don't have the game for a lob wedge, might only use it once a round. But not sure what I'd replace it with or just stay at 13 clubs. Some might suggest a 3 wood, but I don't have the swing speed for consistently good shots from the grass. I have a TM Sldr Mini @ 12° I can throw in the bag if I'm playing a course with a number of 200+ yard par 3 holes or lots of trees/fairway slant that demand accuracy over distance. But the Mini is a tee only club for me.

In Milford? I am in Brighton. Lots of nice courses around here.. Playing a few next week to end the year!

There was a recent incident with my 4-iron. The rest of the bag and I don't speak about it.

Plan to add a driving iron next year and I've got some new irons on the way to play with this winter.

Also going to switch from a stand bag to a push-cart and cart bag.

Callaway GBB Epic Driver 9 Aldila Rogue Max
Callaway GBB Epic 3W Aldila Rogue Max
Cobra King F8 3H
Cleveland TA1 Gunmetal 4-9
Cleveland 588 RTX Black Satin Wedges 48,54,60
Odyssey Tank 2-Ball

Welcome to the forum. Nice post. See my witb below. Just added Ping G400 5 wood and 4 hybrid last week. Only have 13 clubs, so have an open spot. Might add a 3 hybrid if the price is right, will match the G400 4h. The gap wedge doesn't match the irons, trying to decide if I'll try to find a G20 U wedge head. Might replace the SW with a Glide and the lob wedge was part of the used wedges I bought when I replaced my irons back in April. I really don't have the game for a lob wedge, might only use it once a round. But not sure what I'd replace it with or just stay at 13 clubs. Some might suggest a 3 wood, but I don't have the swing speed for consistently good shots from the grass. I have a TM Sldr Mini @ 12° I can throw in the bag if I'm playing a course with a number of 200+ yard par 3 holes or lots of trees/fairway slant that demand accuracy over distance. But the Mini is a tee only club for me.

In Milford? I am in Brighton. Lots of nice courses around here.. Playing a few next week to end the year!

Yes. Played Saturday, local course where my league plays, driver swing was off, but still played ok. Likely last time playing outdoors. Agree, a good number of nice courses in the area.

Ping G400 Max 10.5° Distanza SR

Ping G425 SFT 3 & 5, Distanza SR

Ping G30 4H R

Cleveland Launcher XL 6-PW, Projext X Catalyst 60 R

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50°, Project X Catalyst 80 R

Cleveland CBX 56° Full Face, Project X Catalyst 80 R

Evnroll ER10 34" Winn ProX 1.18 grip

Srixon Soft Feel

This is where I am at today;

Driver: Callaway Rogue 13.5* Aldila Rogue Elite Blue

Fairway: Ping G400 17* Aldila 2KXV Orange

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21* Aldila Tour Green

Driving Iron: Callaway Apex UT 24* Tour AD DI 95

Irons: Mizuno 919 Forged 5-PW Steelfiber i95

Wedges: Vokey SM6 52* and 56* and New Level M-Type 62*

Putter: Scotty Cameron X7M

Ball: Titleist ProV1X

Going to be doing a bit of tinkering. I am looking at the PXG 0311X driving iron. I seem to be doing constant tinkering with my wedges. Break away from the Vokeys then go back and so on. I am very interested to try the New Level wedge. It looks great. I am also looking at switching up the golf ball. I am pretty much been a ProV1X player forever. I will be looking at the Taylormade, Callaway, Srixon and Bridgestone offerings.

Driver: Stealth Plus 10.5* Ventus Red
Fairway: Ping G400 17* Tour AD-DI
Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21* Tour AD-DI
Driving Iron: New Level NLU-01 4 and 5 iron Steelfiber i95
Irons: New Level 623 CB Aerotech Steelfiber i80
Wedges: Fourteen RM-4 50*, 56* and 61*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
Ball: Vice Pro Plus

This is where I am at today;

Driver: Callaway Rogue 13.5* Aldila Rogue Elite Blue

Fairway: Ping G400 17* Aldila 2KXV Orange

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21* Aldila Tour Green

Driving Iron: Callaway Apex UT 24* Tour AD DI 95

Irons: Mizuno 919 Forged 5-PW Steelfiber i95

Wedges: Vokey SM6 52* and 56* and New Level M-Type 62*

Putter: Scotty Cameron X7M

Ball: Titleist ProV1X

Going to be doing a bit of tinkering. I am looking at the PXG 0311X driving iron. I seem to be doing constant tinkering with my wedges. Break away from the Vokeys then go back and so on. I am very interested to try the New Level wedge. It looks great. I am also looking at switching up the golf ball. I am pretty much been a ProV1X player forever. I will be looking at the Taylormade, Callaway, Srixon and Bridgestone offerings.

I can't say enough good things about the 0311X driving iron.. Just so pure and goes a mile. Obviously, got to find the right shaft to compliment it.

I've been wanting to try Fourteen wedges.. They seem to be getting some good reviews. I've just been playing Vokeys for so long and have always played them well.

Yes. Played Saturday, local course where my league plays, driver swing was off, but still played ok. Likely last time playing outdoors. Agree, a good number of nice courses in the area.

Nice man. I have the week off and got out to Majestic today. Always a lovely track. Supposed to play Gateway tomorrow but weather for the remainder of the week is looking like this years over!

Swapped out everything in the bag at least once this year

Driver: 913D3 9.5*

3 Wood: TM M2 15*

Utility: Apex UT 21* C-Taper lite 115X

Irons: Srixon 945 4-PW C-Taper lite 115X

Wedges: Wilson PMP Raw 50* 54* 60*

Putter: Wilson Michigan Ave

Currently have a custom from American Putter Company on the way. Hoping for a new driver next year. Will also try the new Cobra CB/MB set as well

Started off with

Titleist 917 D3 w/ diamana whiteboard S

Titleist 917 F w/ diamana whiteboard S

Titleist 818 H 21* w/ Tensei blue S

Titleist 4-6 718 CBs 7-pw 718 MB’s Project X LZ 6.0

Sm7 Black 52,56, and 60

Scotty Cameron Cameron and Crown Newport 2 or Napa California

Then I decided to do a complete bag fitting and ended up with

Taylormade M3 440 9* w/ Tensei blue S

Taylormade M3 15* w/ HZRDOUS yellow S

Taylormade p790 UDI 2 iron w/ HZRDOUS black S

Taylormade p750 w/ KBS C-taper S

52, 56 milled grind raw

60 Hi-Toe

Bettinardi BB0

I’ve been playing better with the new clubs, definitely worth going in and getting fit!!

WITB TBD for ‘24

Nice topic, but early November is way to early for me to commit. Eyeballing the TS3/TS2 drivers and maybe another putter. And have an eBay fairwood on the way...

Titleist TSi3 10 Evenflow Riptide MX 60 6.0
Titleist TSi2 15 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
Titleist TS2 19 Tensei CK Blue 70 S
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-P Modus3 Tour 105 S
Callaway Jaws 50, 54, 58 DG Tour 115
Odyssey 2-ball ten tour lined, Toulon Las Vegas

Started off with

Titleist 917 D3 w/ diamana whiteboard S

Titleist 917 F w/ diamana whiteboard S

Titleist 818 H 21* w/ Tensei blue S

Titleist 4-6 718 CBs 7-pw 718 MB's Project X LZ 6.0

Sm7 Black 52,56, and 60

Scotty Cameron Cameron and Crown Newport 2 or Napa California

Then I decided to do a complete bag fitting and ended up with

Taylormade M3 440 9* w/ Tensei blue S

Taylormade M3 15* w/ HZRDOUS yellow S

Taylormade p790 UDI 2 iron w/ HZRDOUS black S

Taylormade p750 w/ KBS C-taper S

52, 56 milled grind raw

60 Hi-Toe

Bettinardi BB0

I've been playing better with the new clubs, definitely worth going in and getting fit!!

Nice man - thats a total bag swap! Good that its paying off. How are you liking the Betti? I have a 2012 BB1F. I call it my "basement" putter.. You know, the putter in the basement leaning up against the wall that you walk by and cant help but stop to roll a few putts, haha. Not even trying to down play it because its an amazing feeling putter and and its a beauty.. I just love my SC Newport MidSlant now and have been putting well with it.. But, if I string together a few bad putting rounds then the Betti might have to come out and play!

Great question. Who knows. Lol.

Really may see a rewind in time for mine soon.

For me its all about what type game I’m playing. New stuff promotes a conservative / consistent game. And to me the other end is somewhat more aggressive game overall with more control. Traj, distance, and directional control.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

This has been a vast year of change for me.

January 2018 Current

Driver - VRS Covert 11.5* Driver - Nike VRS Covert 11.5*

3W - R7 Steel 15* 3W - TM R7 Steel 15*

5W - V Steel 18* 5W - TM Aeroburner 18*

Irons 4-9 - Nike Vapor Fly 4H - TM R11 22*

PW - Cleveland CG4 5-PW - TM Rocketbladez

52* Cleveland CG11 50* Cleveland CBX

58* Vokey Chrome 200 Series 54* Vokey SM5 M Grind

Putter - Taylormade Nubbins B1S 58* Cleveland RTX 3

Ball - Some poor quality recycled pack Putter - TM Spider Tour Black

Ball - RBZu/Project A

It was hard to give up that old Nubbins, but I'm happy I did. I love my current set, but G400 irons have really been catching my eye lately.

Driver - Taylormade M2 2017 9.75*

3W - Cobra RadSpeed Draw 14.5*

5W - Callaway Epic Flash 18*

7W - Taylormade M4 5HL 21*

5H - Callaway Rogue 24*

Irons - Taylormade P790 6-PW

Wedges - TM Milled Grind 50* & 54* | Hi-Toe 60*

Putter - Nike Method Converge B1-01

Grips - MCC clone| Ball - TP5

Currently in the bag:

Titleist 913D2 w/ Graphite Design Tour AD BB 7S (This shaft is going absolutely nowhere but I will be testing the TS2)

Callaway XR16 5 Wood w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85X (This club is going absolutely nowhere, best fairway wood I've ever had)

Srixon Z H85 23 degree w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85X (Really new club but I like it so far, not looking to replace)

Taylormade RAC TP 2005 w/ Rifle Flighted 6.5 (My unicorns, the heads are staying but they will be getting new KBS Tour shafts)

Piretti 52 & 56 w/ TI X100 (These might be leaving. I like them a lot but they are starting to show a lot of wear. Might replace them with the same heads)

Taylormade High Toe 60 (Never replacing this, so easy to hit)

Bettinardi BB8 Copper Insert (This putter is amazing, it's going nowhere)

Bottom line I love all my clubs right now, the only ones that might not last the winter are my driver head and wedges. I would be surprised if I switched out the driver though, the 913 is easy to hit and I'm very comfortable with it.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Aldila Tour Green 75TX

3 Wood: PING G425 LST | Fuji Ventus Black 8X

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 | Project X 6.5

Irons: PING S55 | Project X 6.5

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 | DG TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB

There was a recent incident with my 4-iron. The rest of the bag and I don't speak about it.

Plan to add a driving iron next year and I've got some new irons on the way to play with this winter.

Also going to switch from a stand bag to a push-cart and cart bag.

Sweet Cleveland's! I'm a sucker for old irons. I made the switch this year to a push cart and I'm very happy about it. I went with a Clic Gear and a Ping Hoofer 14, the set up works great.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Aldila Tour Green 75TX

3 Wood: PING G425 LST | Fuji Ventus Black 8X

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 | Project X 6.5

Irons: PING S55 | Project X 6.5

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 | DG TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB

I wish I would have only tried as many iron sets as the OP...but instead I traded and thought about trading clubs all year instead of playing golf. HC went nowhere as did my game. Finally decided to stuff the bag with what has worked in the past...and finally shot even last Saturday for the first time of the year. So, I came back home and I hope that I show the tiny bit of sense needed to stay here a while!

Driver- Titleist to Ping G400 and home to M2 - Longer and straighter

3 wood- Titleist to Rogue SZ and home to M4

Titleist hybrids to Srixon 3i and 4i

irons- AP2 to X-Forged to TM P770 to TM P750 to i200 to i210 and home to Mizuno (MP18 MMC)

Wedges- Scotty to Callaway to Taylormade and back home to Callaway (PM grind of course :-))

Putter - Scotty to Taylormade Spider and back home to Scotty Cameron

Dang, I had fun trying everything this year but none of it was as fun as walking off 18 Saturday at even par :-) Time to Golf next spring!

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

Ending the year with my current sig, but I'm getting fit this Friday so the whole thing is likely going bye bye between this Friday and next season.

DR - Z785 Tensei Pro Blue 60

3W - F8 HZRDUS Black 75

3h - JPX 850 Tensei Blue 80

Irons - P790 4-PW Modus 120

GW - Cobra Trusty 50/8 Modus Wedge 115

SW - MD4 54/12W S200

LW - MD4 58/12X S200

P - TP Collection Juno

Ball - Project (a)

Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

I wish I would have only tried as many iron sets as the OP...but instead I traded and thought about trading clubs all year instead of playing golf. HC went nowhere as did my game. Finally decided to stuff the bag with what has worked in the past...and finally shot even last Saturday for the first time of the year. So, I came back home and I hope that I show the tiny bit of sense needed to stay here a while!

Driver- Titleist to Ping G400 and home to M2 - Longer and straighter

3 wood- Titleist to Rogue SZ and home to M4

Titleist hybrids to Srixon 3i and 4i

irons- AP2 to X-Forged to TM P770 to TM P750 to i200 to i210 and home to Mizuno (MP18 MMC)

Wedges- Scotty to Callaway to Taylormade and back home to Callaway (PM grind of course :-))

Putter - Scotty to Taylormade Spider and back home to Scotty Cameron

Dang, I had fun trying everything this year but none of it was as fun as walking off 18 Saturday at even par :-) Time to Golf next spring!

Congrats on shooting even to end the year!