PXG OPERATOR

Rory4Pres

• 2 months later...

My Lawsuit H is due to arrive late next week - will post pics when it lands.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

I have putted with a Spider for a year now and have wanted to try the Operator to compare. I like the comparisons so far and the look at address seems almost identical. Does the putter feel heavier compared to a Spider? It looks like it would be a very heavy putter

• TaylorMade Stealth+ 10.5*
  • TaylorMade Sim Max 3 Wood
  • TaylorMade M4 HL 5 Wood
  • TaylorMade P790 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM8 50*
  • TaylorMade Hi Toe 54*
  • Titleist Vokey SM8 60*
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Fastback 1.5

I have putted with a Spider for a year now and have wanted to try the Operator to compare. I like the comparisons so far and the look at address seems almost identical. Does the putter feel heavier compared to a Spider? It looks like it would be a very heavy putter

It all depends on what weight you opt for. I believe it's available in 350, 375 and 400. I also have a Spider Tour (red) and found it way too light initially. I ended up going on to ebay and buying 2x 16g weights for it. I have no idea what it increased the overall head weight to, but it transformed the putter.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

I own a Mustang and a Mini Gunboat H, both of them are really nice putters. Thanks for posting the picture of the Operator Hub! Something to think about.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

I have one and have been swapping between it and a Byron longneck DH89... The toe hang for both is the same about 32 degrees... Right now I can't miss with the Byron so that's in the bag. The Operator is a better Spider imho, mine came in at 365g and I have a weight kit coming, but the weight is good. And as my 2 puttters hang the some, and the Byron weighs in at about 362, the putter are pretty much interchangeable. It's a solid putter, I love it, if you liked the Spider you'll love the Operator. The PXG customer service on the other hand... Jury is still out.

-J

• 2 months later...

My instructor is a former PGA Tour winner and was perennially ranked in the top 20 in putting. During a recent lesson, he grabbed my Operator and putted for a few minutes. His two comments were, “This is one of the best feeling putters I have ever seen”; and “If I was going back out on Tour tomorrow, I would use this putter”.

PXG Proto +, 10.5 turned to 9; Ventus 
PXG Gen4 3 metal ; Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4  5 metal;  Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4 hybrid; 21 degrees
PXG Gen4 Ps; 5-Gap with Nippon 950gh S
PXG Sugar Daddy wedges; 54 and 58; Nippon 950gh S

PXG 38” counter balanced, PXG Mustang

Titleist Pro V1x

Is it possible to order a PXG putter? Or do you have to go get fit?

Titleist Pro V1x

You would need to order from an authorized PXG fitter.

Titleist Pro V1x

If you find an authorised dealer you can give them the specs you want, and they’ll order it. I bought my Operator H through Scottsdalegolf.co.uk. I believe they ship worldwide, but probably much cheaper if you find somewhere similar in the US.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

My instructor is a former PGA Tour winner and was perennially ranked in the top 20 in putting. During a recent lesson, he grabbed my Operator and putted for a few minutes. His two comments were, "This is one of the best feeling putters I have ever seen"; and "If I was going back out on Tour tomorrow, I would use this putter".

I had a few issues with my Operator H but eventually PXG worked it all out and I'm happy. I have said it before and I'l say it again, it's a better Spider. The PXG putters are exceptional and I am surprised I havn't seen more of them in play. In fact I have never ran into another player who is gaming one.

The steel face feels much more solid than the insert in the spiders and the balance is very good.

While I was never a PXG hater, I definitely didn't see myself having any PXG clubs in my bag, but I now have 2, the putter and a driving iron, and personally I think they are worth every penny.

My instructor is a former PGA Tour winner and was perennially ranked in the top 20 in putting. During a recent lesson, he grabbed my Operator and putted for a few minutes. His two comments were, "This is one of the best feeling putters I have ever seen"; and "If I was going back out on Tour tomorrow, I would use this putter".

I had a few issues with my Operator H but eventually PXG worked it all out and I'm happy. I have said it before and I'l say it again, it's a better Spider. The PXG putters are exceptional and I am surprised I havn't seen more of them in play. In fact I have never ran into another player who is gaming one.

The steel face feels much more solid than the insert in the spiders and the balance is very good.

While I was never a PXG hater, I definitely didn't see myself having any PXG clubs in my bag, but I now have 2, the putter and a driving iron, and personally I think they are worth every penny.

Do you mind sharing the discrepancy with the putter? I'm thinking about getting one.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

Do you mind sharing the discrepancy with the putter? I'm thinking about getting one.

The putter came with a small ding/paint chip on the crown. I was reluctant to send it back because I was making everything with it and Ioved the set up. I tried touching it up with matte black auto paint and it was close, but still kind of distracting, especially in sunlight. They offered to replace it but there was some confusion on their end as the order was placed for me by a friend through his country club. The PXG rep only visits the private country clubs and they don't let people like me into places like that. In fact to test the putter and the DI the rep left me the clubs to try for a week.

So when I gave PXG the order # it wasn't in my name. I ended up getting the reps # (who I hadn't met yet) and he took care of everything and even came to my house to pick up the putter. A few weeks later I got a new replacement in the exact specs I ordered.

If you find an authorised dealer you can give them the specs you want, and they’ll order it. I bought my Operator H through Scottsdalegolf.co.uk. I believe they ship worldwide, but probably much cheaper if you find somewhere similar in the US.

I reached out to them on Twitter and they called me and said I could order over the phone. I'm setting this up as my Christmas gift. I told them exactly what I wanted and the person said she would save the order, all that was needed was for someone to call and pay for it.

Sim max driver
915 4w
913 hybrid
C300 4 iron...Staff Model blade 5-P
Vokey wedges

SpiderX

TP5

The putter came with a small ding/paint chip on the crown. I was reluctant to send it back because I was making everything with it and Ioved the set up. I tried touching it up with matte black auto paint and it was close, but still kind of distracting, especially in sunlight. They offered to replace it but there was some confusion on their end as the order was placed for me by a friend through his country club. The PXG rep only visits the private country clubs and they don't let people like me into places like that. In fact to test the putter and the DI the rep left me the clubs to try for a week.

So when I gave PXG the order # it wasn't in my name. I ended up getting the reps # (who I hadn't met yet) and he took care of everything and even came to my house to pick up the putter. A few weeks later I got a new replacement in the exact specs I ordered.

Thanks!

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

Any idea what a new operator costs through pxg? Thinking of making it my Christmas present to myself.

I want to say I paid $450 for mine but I could be off. Look up MyClubMaker in Shelby NC. Bryant is a PXG dealer and a great guy to deal with. He's been fair with me on several clubs and has good reviews here on the deal or no deal boards.

• 2 months later...

My wife gave me a putter fitting at Club Champion for Christmas. I went up there a week ago for my fitting. I've been using face balanced mallet style putters for years but after being on the SAM lab, I need a strong toe hang mallet putter. I tried out several including Bettinardi, TM, a couple of Scottys, Odyssey and the PXG operator H. I don't remember all of the other models for the different brands but the Operator just felt the best and performed great. Comparisons honestly weren't even close. So I went ahead and ordered one. If you haven't done a SAM lab putter fitting, I'd highly recommend it, I learned a ton about my putting stroke that I wouldn't have ever known. The putter fitting is usually $100 but Club Champion is offering 33% off till 1/31 so that discount covered the cost of the upcharged grip. Otherwise putter was the $450 mentioned above. In a week or so when the putter comes in, I'll post some pics of it. I hope all of this transfers well to the course.

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311 P w/accra  5-gap 
54* & 58* PXG Forged
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft or  SIK FLO C with LAGP shaft

• 1 year later...

During my PXG fitting, I went through a myriad of their putters and the one that was the best for my stroke was the operator. Aesthetically, i would have preferred the current Spider model but I was getting the whole bag PXG deal so if that's the one that performs the best, then so be it. I've played 20+ rounds with it and while aesthetically, it's not very pleasing to my eye, man does it perform. It stays on line and i'm either short or long, but mostly short. I'll drop in various putters from my SC Coronado to various other mallets but I've never had anything stay on line like the Operator. Normally, I'd take any other putter but if this was a tournament with something on the line like a scramble or whatever, the Operator goes in the bag.

Driver: PXG Gen5 0811XF 9* with Tensei CK Blue 65, stiff
3W: PXG Gen4 0341 15* with Fukijura PRO 2.0, stiff
Hybrid: PXG Gen4 0317X 19* with Fujikura PRO 2.0, stiff

4i-6i: Srixon ZX 5 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff

7i-AW: Srixon ZX 7 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff
54: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
58: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
Putter: Scotty Cameron Coronado California