***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, Passwords were reset to users potentially effected. If you were among these users please use the forget password recovery link:
https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

New Bettinardi Grip

 cocolamb22 ·  
cocolamb22cocolamb22  214Members Posts: 214
Joined:  in Putters #1
So I was at a PGA Superstore rolling some putters and was messing around with some bettis. I currently have a Lamkin deep etched putter grip on my gamer and saw that the bettis had them as well. I also saw that a few had these deep etched grips but they were oversized and my hands fell in love. Ever since I have been searching far and wide to find out where I can get this grip but it doesn't show up anywhere. It's not in Lamkin's product catalog out on Betti's website. Anybody have any information on this deep etched oversized grip and where I can purchase one?
Posted:
Titleist 910 D3 Whiteboard 83g
Ping i15 3 wood Accra SC85
Titleist 712 AP2 3-W DG TI x100
Nike 52/56/60 Engage Wedges DG TI x100
Scotty Cameron SB+ 35"
1

Comments

  • rpaige88rpaige88  1523Members Posts: 1,523
    Joined:  #2
    cocolamb22 wrote:


    So I was at a PGA Superstore rolling some putters and was messing around with some bettis. I currently have a Lamkin deep etched putter grip on my gamer and saw that the bettis had them as well. I also saw that a few had these deep etched grips but they were oversized and my hands fell in love. Ever since I have been searching far and wide to find out where I can get this grip but it doesn't show up anywhere. It's not in Lamkin's product catalog out on Betti's website. Anybody have any information on this deep etched oversized grip and where I can purchase one?




    These?



    http://tourstockputters.com/collections/bettinardi-grips/products/bettinardi-deep-etch-grip
    Posted:
    Optiforce 440 9.5* w/ B-Series BlueBoard 60X
    913H 18*& 22* w/ iRod 85F4
    Ping s55 (4-PW) w/ Recoil 95 Prototype
    Engage 50sq, 54sq, 60ds w/ Recoil 110 Prototype
    Bettinardi Signature Series 7
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • cocolamb22cocolamb22  214Members Posts: 214
    Joined:  #3
    That looks like the regular sized deep etched grip. This was more round in shape with BETTINARDI in big letters running down the grip. Not quite the same.


    rpaige88 wrote:

    cocolamb22 wrote:


    So I was at a PGA Superstore rolling some putters and was messing around with some bettis. I currently have a Lamkin deep etched putter grip on my gamer and saw that the bettis had them as well. I also saw that a few had these deep etched grips but they were oversized and my hands fell in love. Ever since I have been searching far and wide to find out where I can get this grip but it doesn't show up anywhere. It's not in Lamkin's product catalog out on Betti's website. Anybody have any information on this deep etched oversized grip and where I can purchase one?




    These?



    http://tourstockputters.com/collections/bettinardi-grips/products/bettinardi-deep-etch-grip
    Posted:
    Titleist 910 D3 Whiteboard 83g
    Ping i15 3 wood Accra SC85
    Titleist 712 AP2 3-W DG TI x100
    Nike 52/56/60 Engage Wedges DG TI x100
    Scotty Cameron SB+ 35"
  • WindyCitySPNWindyCitySPN  951Members Posts: 951
    Joined:  #4
    Call Studio B and ask them. I was looking for one last year that they didnt have listed on the webiste and they hooked me up. Mike is great there.
    Posted:
  • Soxfan21Soxfan21 Chicago South Suburbs 296Members Posts: 296
    Joined:  #5
    Did it look like this...
    Posted:
    In The Bag:

    Epic Sub Zero 65 Gram Fujikura Pro
    Epic Sub Zero 80 Gram Aldila rogue
    816 H1 21 degree Motore Speeder 8.8
    716 AP 2 4-PW TT DG AMT S400
    SM6 50, 54, 58 Wedges
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0
  • cocolamb22cocolamb22  214Members Posts: 214
    Joined:  #6
    That's the one! I'm looking for that grip. They had a few different colors. Any idea where to get it? I'll have to call the studio.


    Soxfan21 wrote:


    Did it look like this...
    Posted:
    Titleist 910 D3 Whiteboard 83g
    Ping i15 3 wood Accra SC85
    Titleist 712 AP2 3-W DG TI x100
    Nike 52/56/60 Engage Wedges DG TI x100
    Scotty Cameron SB+ 35"
  • pcew73pcew73  213Members Posts: 213
    Joined:  #7
    I'd also suggest calling Studio B. I've had 3 buddies go there in the last month and they all came back with the jumbo deep etched grip.
    Posted:
    M1 hzrds 75 6.0
    15* R9 Oban devotion
    21* Wilson hybrid
    Miura 4-paw recoil 125 protos
    50,55, 58 Scratch 1018 DD s400
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 center shaft.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • rpaige88rpaige88  1523Members Posts: 1,523
    Joined:  #8
    cocolamb22 wrote:


    That's the one! I'm looking for that grip. They had a few different colors. Any idea where to get it? I'll have to call the studio.


    Soxfan21 wrote:


    Did it look like this...





    Like others have said call the studio. Another suggestion would be contacting the people at tourstockputters.com. Even though they don't have that grip on their site they may have one in the back or know how to get a hold of one.
    Posted:
    Optiforce 440 9.5* w/ B-Series BlueBoard 60X
    913H 18*& 22* w/ iRod 85F4
    Ping s55 (4-PW) w/ Recoil 95 Prototype
    Engage 50sq, 54sq, 60ds w/ Recoil 110 Prototype
    Bettinardi Signature Series 7
  • Soxfan21Soxfan21 Chicago South Suburbs 296Members Posts: 296
    Joined:  #9
    I picked it up at Studio B when I was getting fit. I didn't like the smaller standard grip, and this one was just perfect for me. It's the Lamkin deep etched jumbo.
    Posted:
    In The Bag:

    Epic Sub Zero 65 Gram Fujikura Pro
    Epic Sub Zero 80 Gram Aldila rogue
    816 H1 21 degree Motore Speeder 8.8
    716 AP 2 4-PW TT DG AMT S400
    SM6 50, 54, 58 Wedges
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0
  • cocolamb22cocolamb22  214Members Posts: 214
    Joined:  #10
    Thanks everybody. I appreciate the input. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow.
    Posted:
    Titleist 910 D3 Whiteboard 83g
    Ping i15 3 wood Accra SC85
    Titleist 712 AP2 3-W DG TI x100
    Nike 52/56/60 Engage Wedges DG TI x100
    Scotty Cameron SB+ 35"
  • ImBurningStarIVImBurningStarIV  674Members Posts: 674
    Joined:  #11
    Posted:
    TM M3 - Diamana D+
    TM M3 13° - Diamana D+
    TM M1 3HL - Diamana D+
    Miura ICL-601 18°- Crazy STP
    Miura CB 57 - Monaco TX
    Miura WS 53° & 59° - Monaco TX
    Bettinardi Tour Stock BB1 DASS / Miura KM-005 / Nike Origin B2-01 / TM Kia Ma Daytona / Yes Callie Fc
  • nova6868nova6868  4814Members Posts: 4,814
    Joined:  #12
    I can't find these on Lamkin's site either.



    How much does it weigh?

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Hack1Hack1 Judge your round by your best shots, not your worst shots.  1204Members Posts: 1,204
    Joined:  #13
    I got the jumbo grip on my BB8 when I purchased from their studio fitting.



    Give the studio a call.



    image_zpsyhdhfn5v.jpeg
    Posted:
    RBZ Stage 2 9.5* Fuijikura Rocketfuel 50 gram Stiff
    RBZ 15* Matrix Ozik Xcon-5 Stiff
    Miura MB-001 3-P w NSP Modus3 Tour 120 S
    NO1 48 Series Black ROUND Grip, D6 SW
    Miura 1957 51y & 56k, Vega VW-10 60 w DG S300
    Tour Velvet GP Grip
    2016 Bettinardi BB8
    Clicgear 3.5
    Sun Mountain C130
    Titleist Pro-V1, V1X
  • Tour Stock PuttersTour Stock Putters  404ClubWRX Posts: 404
    Joined:  #14
    I will get some up for sale in the grips section on tourstockputters.com for you guys! They come in Black, Grey, White, and Lime.



    They are great I agree!



    Nick
    Posted:
  • cocolamb22cocolamb22  214Members Posts: 214
    Joined:  #15
    That would be great. Thanks Nick!




    I will get some up for sale in the grips section on tourstockputters.com for you guys! They come in Black, Grey, White, and Lime.



    They are great I agree!



    Nick
    Posted:
    Titleist 910 D3 Whiteboard 83g
    Ping i15 3 wood Accra SC85
    Titleist 712 AP2 3-W DG TI x100
    Nike 52/56/60 Engage Wedges DG TI x100
    Scotty Cameron SB+ 35"
  • gmr10dgmr10d  89Members Posts: 89
    Joined:  #16
    Can verify that I called the studio, and I was able to get one from them.
    Posted:
  • MaximilianMaximilian  1470Members Posts: 1,470
    Joined:  #17
    Did anyone know the weight of these? The standard Deep Etched (my favourite grip) is already quite heavy at 81g. I would like to try one of these, but guessing it will be very heavy?



    Also, can anyone confirm if the jumbo version also has a rounded/sloped butt end? As in, the flat part of the grip, not being flat the whole width all the way to the end? Hard to explain what I'm talking about, but I'll attach some pictures of the standard Deep Etched and hopefully you will understand. This is the favourite part of the standard grip for me. Since I hold the grip in my fingers and not in my lifeline, most other grips end up feeling weird for me at the top of my left hand.



    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Hack1Hack1 Judge your round by your best shots, not your worst shots.  1204Members Posts: 1,204
    Joined:  edited Apr 13, 2016 #18
    Do not know weight of jumbo although 25% bigger per the website.



    Hope these photos answer your questions:



    image_zpszbofmp5m.jpeg





    image_zpsljrdvedi.jpeg





    image_zpstkte6zmv.jpeg





    image_zpsl1p0hiqn.jpeg







    Looks like it Rounds off at the top......



    image_zpsqydcnuz4.jpeg[/URL





    image_zps8rvimrtj.jpeg





    image_zpsqydcnuz4.jpeg



    image_zps1c8mtgel.jpeg[/URL











    BTW,

    Did you really think I was going to post all those pics without slipping this one in at the very end? ;)





    image_zps3bf7hn5h.jpeg
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    RBZ Stage 2 9.5* Fuijikura Rocketfuel 50 gram Stiff
    RBZ 15* Matrix Ozik Xcon-5 Stiff
    Miura MB-001 3-P w NSP Modus3 Tour 120 S
    NO1 48 Series Black ROUND Grip, D6 SW
    Miura 1957 51y & 56k, Vega VW-10 60 w DG S300
    Tour Velvet GP Grip
    2016 Bettinardi BB8
    Clicgear 3.5
    Sun Mountain C130
    Titleist Pro-V1, V1X
  • MaximilianMaximilian  1470Members Posts: 1,470
    Joined:  #19
    Thanks Hack!
    Posted:
  • trying2scratchtrying2scratch  1053Members Posts: 1,053
    Joined:  edited Apr 13, 2016 #20
    Maximilian wrote:


    Did anyone know the weight of these? The standard Deep Etched (my favourite grip) is already quite heavy at 81g. I would like to try one of these, but guessing it will be very heavy?






    I believe it is close to either the Lamkin Sink Round 11" or Utx mega paddle. Those weigh in at 100g and 112g respectively, so i'm guessing these will be in the 100-110g range. But couldn't find the weight listed anywhere.
    Posted:
  • bob1shbob1sh  460Members Posts: 460
    Joined:  #21
    Hopefully it's nothing like Pure Big Dog! I just ordered a BB8 with the Jumbo grip, waiting for it to come in the mail.. I wanted something similar and bought a Pure Big Dog grip which is 120ish grams and it made the putter head feel horrrrible.
    Posted:
    Cobra Bio Cell Driver w/ BB 73s
    Titleist 915F w/ Chrome 8F5T
    Srixon 745 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 120
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52/58
    Ping Karsten TR Anser 5
  • Hack1Hack1 Judge your round by your best shots, not your worst shots.  1204Members Posts: 1,204
    Joined:  #22
    bob1sh wrote:


    Hopefully it's nothing like Pure Big Dog! I just ordered a BB8 with the Jumbo grip, waiting for it to come in the mail.. I wanted something similar and bought a Pure Big Dog grip which is 120ish grams and it made the putter head feel horrrrible.




    What do you mean by horrible?



    Did the putter read feel light, because of the heavier grip?
    Posted:
    RBZ Stage 2 9.5* Fuijikura Rocketfuel 50 gram Stiff
    RBZ 15* Matrix Ozik Xcon-5 Stiff
    Miura MB-001 3-P w NSP Modus3 Tour 120 S
    NO1 48 Series Black ROUND Grip, D6 SW
    Miura 1957 51y & 56k, Vega VW-10 60 w DG S300
    Tour Velvet GP Grip
    2016 Bettinardi BB8
    Clicgear 3.5
    Sun Mountain C130
    Titleist Pro-V1, V1X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • blazman11blazman11  467Members Posts: 467
    Joined:  #23
    The jumbo Lamkin on my 2016 Betti BB1 weighs 130 g.
    Posted:
  • bob1shbob1sh  460Members Posts: 460
    Joined:  #24
    Hack1 wrote:

    bob1sh wrote:


    Hopefully it's nothing like Pure Big Dog! I just ordered a BB8 with the Jumbo grip, waiting for it to come in the mail.. I wanted something similar and bought a Pure Big Dog grip which is 120ish grams and it made the putter head feel horrrrible.




    What do you mean by horrible?





    Did the putter read feel light, because of the heavier grip?




    It was literally terrible. The grip end felt much heavier than the head. If I don't return the BB8 for the Inovai 3.0, I'll end up putting the Pistol GT 1.0 on the BB8. That's what I've been gaming all of my 350g 34 in putters.
    Posted:
    Cobra Bio Cell Driver w/ BB 73s
    Titleist 915F w/ Chrome 8F5T
    Srixon 745 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 120
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52/58
    Ping Karsten TR Anser 5
  • AddisonMPAddisonMP  151Members Posts: 151
    Joined:  #25
    Recently picked up a Studio Stock 2 after gaming my Futura X5 for a year. My SC has the midsize matador grip which is perfect for me. Can anyone compare the Bettinardi Jumbo to the Midsize matador?



    Thanks
    Posted:
    Taylormade M2 9.5*
    Taylormade M2 15*
    Taylormade UDI 18*
    Cobra Forged One 4-GW
    TP EF 54 | 58*
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
  • cocolamb22cocolamb22  214Members Posts: 214
    Joined:  #26
    Kind of upset. Bought one of of the site. Got it, it looked different than my original grip (it looked slightly bigger) so I threw it on my putter. Not that much bigger at all. Definitely not the jumbo one. Now gotta debate on sending another $25 on a grip that may or may not be the same. Unfortunate
    Posted:
    Titleist 910 D3 Whiteboard 83g
    Ping i15 3 wood Accra SC85
    Titleist 712 AP2 3-W DG TI x100
    Nike 52/56/60 Engage Wedges DG TI x100
    Scotty Cameron SB+ 35"
  • nova6868nova6868  4814Members Posts: 4,814
    Joined:  #27
    blazman11 wrote:


    The jumbo Lamkin on my 2016 Betti BB1 weighs 130 g.




    That's a bit too heavy. Basically a counter-balanced grip weight.

    Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file