For those that have applied the GG pivot

Kuuuch

How do I go about getting an online lesson with GG? Could someone give me the website and/or email for online lessons.

https://www.ggswingtipsgolf.com/

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

How do I go about getting an online lesson with GG? Could someone give me the website and/or email for online lessons.

https://www.ggswingtipsgolf.com/

3X9EluMSZOX0Kb7dNKpF_GGSwingTips_golf_logo_360X80_HEADER-FOOTER_V1.png© 2018 Master U L.L.C. | Website Not Affiliated with George Gankas Golf

No, that is the site that was stolen essentially stolen from GG along with GGswingtips by some DB. Im not sure GG has his own site fully functional yet and from the NLU podcast is currently engaging in legal action against the guy who started all this mess.

I think the correct site is georgegankas.golf

No, that is the site that was stolen essentially stolen from GG along with GGswingtips by some DB. Im not sure GG has his own site fully functional yet and from the NLU podcast is currently engaging in legal action against the guy who started all this mess.

But who is running ggswingtips and is it any good?

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

Putter Odyssey WhiteHot OG 2-Ball

Ball  Vice Pro/Snell MTB Prime

This video links to ggswingtips and I think the guy in the video is George Gankas?! Confused now. Anybody?

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

Putter Odyssey WhiteHot OG 2-Ball

Ball  Vice Pro/Snell MTB Prime

This is How I understand it..George started a pay site and had someone else run it. The guy (fish?) didn’t handle people wanting to cancel their membership correctly and people start messaging gg himself via Instagram. Eventually gg gets fed up and disassociates himself with that site and starts george gankas golf

It's in the letter in the link I provided. Further explanation in the podcast I mentioned. Basically a 3rd party helped GG make the content and ran the site. At some point there was a falling out and some dubious actions by the site owner and it doesnt look like GG did a good job up front defining what content he owned and what he didnt. So yes its GG in the videos, but it's not GG running that site, so if you have issues or want to contact GG directly, you won't get any support through those websites.

If you like his stuff/patterns I'd stick to his free content on IG/youtube until the dust settles

Pretty much what everybody has stated here. GGSwingTips is owned and operated by Andrew Fisher. Fisher was/is a physical trainer who used to be the physical trainer for Bubba Watson. Fisher also used to help run Kelvin Miyahira's site, Movement Towards Improvement.

The ideas for Movement Towards Improvement were good, but the execution wasn't quite where it needed to be. I believe Gabe got burned out and started to discover George. Gabe took some time off and then got together with George, but hasn't really gotten back into golf with the same passion (golf can do that to you).

Kelvin eventually started to do things on his own and did more research and altered many things he preached before. The end result is the same, but some of the details were altered to more easily get to those end results. Kelvin then was working on putting together a site, much like GGSwingTips, with his 2 certified teachers...Denny Lucas and Jeff Haas. Both are out of Jupiter and worked on a series of videos with Kelvin that covered the golf swing and fitness exercises for the golf swing.

Unfortunately, the week that the Web site was supposed debut, Kelvin suffered a stroke. And before anybody asks...no, I do not know how Kelvin is doing.

Denny and Jeff decided to continue the Web site and they work with several promising players, including US Amateur Champion Victor Hovland.

In the meantime, Fisher started working with the GGSwingTips site and the YouTube channel with GG. The execution and the concept was better than Movement Towards Improvement, but still is not the easiest to navigate. However, it has a ton of information. Even though GG no longer is involved with the GGSwingTips site and YouTube channel, I still belong to the site just in case I need to reference old information.

Fisher bought the rights to GGSwingTips. GG started to have problems mainly because he was never allowed to see how many members he had and the membership levels, so he did not know if his deal with Fisher was on the up-and-up. There was also issues with members canceling and I don't think he felt those were resolved to his liking. And because Fisher owns GGSwingTips, he is keeping the site and the YouTube channel for now.

RH

In the meantime, Fisher started working with the GGSwingTips site and the YouTube channel with GG. The execution and the concept was better than Movement Towards Improvement, but still is not the easiest to navigate. However, it has a ton of information. Even though GG no longer is involved with the GGSwingTips site and YouTube channel, I still belong to the site just in case I need to reference old information.

Fisher bought the rights to GGSwingTips. GG started to have problems mainly because he was never allowed to see how many members he had and the membership levels, so he did not know if his deal with Fisher was on the up-and-up. There was also issues with members canceling and I don't think he felt those were resolved to his liking. And because Fisher owns GGSwingTips, he is keeping the site and the YouTube channel for now.

RH

The last part is what I don't get. GGSwingTips on youtube keeps coming out with new videos. Are those just old videos that were in the bag before the split between him and GG? Or, are these new ones that GG can't stop Fisher from videoing if he wants to? If it's the latter, that's got to be very strange.

No the videos coming out on YouTube are old content. Most of those people have already been published to the channel, but now I noticed he’s editing together pieces from different videos together and tossing them up online as different swing areas, backswing, piviot, leg work etc.

All the original content between GG and the ggswingtips owner has been completed. There’s even videos I’ve noticed he’s put on YouTube that was previously content meant only for the membership site. He just needs to keep throwing content online for revenue. I really hope no one is still paying for that site.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

No the videos coming out on YouTube are old content. Most of those people have already been published to the channel, but now I noticed he's editing together pieces from different videos together and tossing them up online as different swing areas, backswing, piviot, leg work etc.

All the original content between GG and the ggswingtips owner has been completed. There's even videos I've noticed he's put on YouTube that was previously content meant only for the membership site. He just needs to keep throwing content online for revenue. I really hope no one is still paying for that site.

That is pretty crazy. Starting to sound like one member breaking away from a band with the rights to the band's name and starting essentially a new band with the same name.

No the videos coming out on YouTube are old content. Most of those people have already been published to the channel, but now I noticed he's editing together pieces from different videos together and tossing them up online as different swing areas, backswing, piviot, leg work etc.

All the original content between GG and the ggswingtips owner has been completed. There's even videos I've noticed he's put on YouTube that was previously content meant only for the membership site. He just needs to keep throwing content online for revenue. I really hope no one is still paying for that site.

That is pretty crazy. Starting to sound like one member breaking away from a band with the rights to the band's name and starting essentially a new band with the same name.

You mean, the Guns N Roses syndrome...It does happen and can ruin a great thing and harm their fans for like 20+ years...

Getting back to the discussion of the pivot, essentially I am getting the shaft to shallow out and getting more rotation, but I still do not have enough rotation and I'm still pulling down a little. I'm just more 'pulling down the club from the inside' than letting my left arm jut out in transition. However, I'm getting more rotation and less pulling as time goes by and the shaft is shallowing out more.

The Instagram video with Johnny Ruiz was quite helpful. It made me realize that GG's pivot action is much more 'centered' that I thought. I don't think it is 'stacked' ala S&T, but it's a very centered pivot revolving around rotation.

And it's interesting how the brain/body seeks to keep itself balanced. When I start to get out of the centered pivot action, I start to make compensations to stay in balance.

What I have noticed is how I have to resist pushing off with the right foot. At the same time, it's important for me to get the weight on the outside edge of my left foot in the downswing. This is something GG taught me in my in-person lesson. But, I just forgot about it over time. That allows me to get enough pressure in my left foot to balance out the pressure between my right side and left side.

The big thing I've been visualizing is when I start the transition I am trying to get that right hip moving outward, towards the ball before the hands start moving. That's not what actually happens, but that is the visual. And if I have weight on the outside edge of my left foot, I can rotate and keep my tilts in tact.

RH

Yes it's very centered. Oddly enough, despite AMG/GG sort of being at different sides of the current golf instruction spectrum, the AMG guys put out a recent video (forgot which one, very recent though) and Shaun Webb said he was once taught to think of the back-swing like going up a spiral staircase in terms of how the body coils up and away from the ball

When I see the GG model backswing, I very much get the same visual, with the main difference the GG model the DS would mean coming right back the same spiral staircase.

Getting back to the discussion of the pivot, essentially I am getting the shaft to shallow out and getting more rotation, but I still do not have enough rotation and I'm still pulling down a little. I'm just more 'pulling down the club from the inside' than letting my left arm jut out in transition. However, I'm getting more rotation and less pulling as time goes by and the shaft is shallowing out more.

The Instagram video with Johnny Ruiz was quite helpful. It made me realize that GG's pivot action is much more 'centered' that I thought. I don't think it is 'stacked' ala S&T, but it's a very centered pivot revolving around rotation.

And it's interesting how the brain/body seeks to keep itself balanced. When I start to get out of the centered pivot action, I start to make compensations to stay in balance.

What I have noticed is how I have to resist pushing off with the right foot. At the same time, it's important for me to get the weight on the outside edge of my left foot in the downswing. This is something GG taught me in my in-person lesson. But, I just forgot about it over time. That allows me to get enough pressure in my left foot to balance out the pressure between my right side and left side.

The big thing I've been visualizing is when I start the transition I am trying to get that right hip moving outward, towards the ball before the hands start moving. That's not what actually happens, but that is the visual. And if I have weight on the outside edge of my left foot, I can rotate and keep my tilts in tact.

RH

How are you getting your weight so far left without pushing off your right foot? I thought, per GG's methods, that once you get that hip moved around that you definitely want to push off and get those hips releasing to the target? His big thing is if you do it too early then you are early extending. Believe me, not saying you're wrong as you've actually worked with him. Just trying to clarify and make sure I didn't misinterpret any videos.

Not a GG student, but I think you thinking of two different times. You are talking about the big kick up/extension once you are almost fully rotated and coming into impact, Richie is talking about getting into that position from the top of the swing without pushing off from the right foot, which is largely the key to the pivot he teaches.

For those that are GG students, how did you get in contact to schedule an in person lesson? You can PM too, as I’d very much like to work with him. Thanks

There's a phone number to call, but DO NOT call it. Just text it to make an appointment. I would just make an appointment at least 1 month ahead of time.

RH

IMO one of the biggest differences for Gankas way is that his image of the turn squat which pretty much everyone who has seen his videos have seen. I did that for a while and too much of a good thing screwed me up. I was kind of spinning out. You can clearly see the unique legwork in his student's swings.

It does seem like AMG is making it a point to go against Gankas stuff though. It's fun. I like it. Personally I do think GG's stuff probably would work best in a personalized lesson or in person. Although the turn squat thing is still confusing for me as since it doesn't really happen in a golf swing (though does encourage hip rotation).

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

IMO one of the biggest differences for Gankas way is that his image of the turn squat which pretty much everyone who has seen his videos have seen. I did that for a while and too much of a good thing screwed me up. I was kind of spinning out. You can clearly see the unique legwork in his student's swings.

It does seem like AMG is making it a point to go against Gankas stuff though. It's fun. I like it. Personally I do think GG's stuff probably would work best in a personalized lesson or in person. Although the turn squat thing is still confusing for me as since it doesn't really happen in a golf swing (though does encourage hip rotation).

In person lessons work the best with any teach worth their salt because the teacher can do some trial and error with the student and get a better understanding of what the student can and cannot do.

It also helps get some of the details to the big picture issues.

For instance, I struggle with tilting and getting right lateral bend too soon. The left hip and left shoulder doesn't get low enough in transition and thus I get too much slide and not enough rotation. But, why I don't get the left hip and left shoulder lower and get into early right lateral bend is something that would be best determined in an in-person lesson. You could do an online lesson and figure it out, but I think that it more of a guess.

GG's students have all different types of leg movements in transition. Matthew Wolff's leg movement in the downswing looks nothing like Johnny Ruiz's. And those movements don't look like Akshay Bhatia's. Has a lot to do with their backswing, their clubface position at p4, backswing pelvic movements, etc.

I would guess that 80% of the students he sees have a problem with pushing off the trail leg too early and what I call 'tilt and throw' instead of rotating until your body naturally tilts and delivers the club into the ball. So a big reason for a lot of the similar leg and pivot drills from student to student is to combat a very common problem. But that doesn't mean that as their pivot and swing progresses that the pivot action will be the same from student to student due to numerous factors that force students to pivot differently according to whatever matchups they need to make.

RH

Looks like the GG instagram posted a video yesterday and tagging AMG in it - https://www.instagram.com/p/BqQzt6-gQYj/

I find this stuff humorous, but AMG has almost made it a point to try and discredit GG's swing philosophy. I understand a swing theory can't encompass every golfer so there is a need for different types of coaching styles but it appears AMG may just be a little jealous of GG's popularity. Looking at George's track record though he's had plenty of success from junior golfers all the way up to the PGA tour. Nothing to discredit there.

Richie - I do agree with you and your post about a key to the pivot is keeping everything centered. In the past month or so I had a light bulb moment when I realized how much better contact I make when I can keep the pivot very centered. The feeling is like what someone else stated, like going up a spiral staircase. The feeling I have is really winding up the stair case while keep your pelvis very centered, the feeling is almost staying completely still, not even the tiniest bit of sway.

Part of this a-ha moment was I also finally get what GG says when during the backswing the right hip stay higher than the left, then as you come down to p4/p5 the hips start to level out. Another big thing I've found that works best for me is the feeling of keeping both feet on the ground until after contact. Looking at it on video this isn't reality, but that's the feeling that works best for me. When I let my back foot come off the ground too early I start getting early extension, and an open face. This move kills me when it comes to driver as well.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

The thing with talking about the golf swing is that it's not about 'if', it's about 'how?' It's not if you have lag or too much lag, it's about how you're getting that lag. It's not about if you have forward shaft lean at impact or if you have too much...it's about how you get that forward shaft lean.

Just like AMG's idea of 'drifting' the CoM and CoP forward in transition versus GG with no 'drift.' It's not so much about so much about doing it, it's how it's being done.

The one thing that has helped me recently is following GG's advice that at P4 the pressure in your right foot should be on the right heel and right instep. I think for a player like Matsuyama who 'drifts' forward in transition, it's due to him having the pressure more towards the outside edge of the right foot at p4. Then he shifts that pressure towards the instep before he starts pulling down with the hands. This allows him to 'drift' towards the target in transition.

With GG's typical prescribed method (he does teach golfers that move off the ball to either increase Upper Thoracic Spine Extension or drift forward in transition)...because the pressure is on the right instep, the golfer doesn't need to drift forward. They can simply torque the ground with their feet from that position at p4.

I think the instep pressure is huge (whether you drift forward or do not drift forward) because that allows for maximum torque with your feet.

So I think with players like a Matsuyama, they rock the pressure towards their instep and then use the ground to rotate. Whereas somebody like a Johnny Ruiz gets to p4 and just uses the ground from the get-go in transition.

As far as keeping the right hip higher than the left in the downswing, it's a problem I have as well. What has been working for me lately is to focus on the belly button. That has to rotate. The belly button should face the ball at p5 and then should be facing the target at p6. When I focus on the belly button, I can also start to become more aware of the oblique sling and I try to keep that rotated and keep the oblique sling slanted downward.

RH

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a recent swing from me:

The setup is a little off, but I have found that I'm able to get the setup more where I want it to be if I let the arms hang vertically instead of reaching out for the ball. I saw this from watching a top level junior golfer at my club who has a 'perfect' setup by GG standards.

I like the backswing quite a bit and the shaft is certainly shallowed out, but I am still struggling with rotation, particularly with the chest. I just end up tilting and 'dropping' the chest downward and it causes low point and face control issues.

I started to see some progress tonight. One of the concepts I have been batting around is the idea of weed wacker head where the circular head is my pelvis and the plastic string is my left arm.

As head (pelvis) rotates, the plastic string (left arm) goes outward and clips the grass blades.

I think that where tilting and pulling down and not rotating messes with me (and others like me) is from a conceptual standpoint. The concept of the left arm actually going outward towards the ball like the plastic string on a weed wacker is foreign to me.

But in order to get the left arm to go out towards the ball and the shaft to shallow, you really have to rotate the entire body and 'pull' the left side away (away from the ball).

Essentially, I want to get the left hip and left shoulder to move as far away (away from the ball) as they are in that position.

I have found that part of the equation is to move the right hip out towards the ball. But, it's also important to get left knee flexion so I can rotate the left side and counter any upper body tilting that causes me to stall.

RH

I came back to this thread because much of the year I've been grooving lower left side and getting lead shoulder away from chin and bringing right to it's level. A more down levered move. All very "AMG". Made good progress with it and my usual thin miss subsided a lot. However noticed a power leak, that was real prevalent in metals so I mined the GG method and connected that when I dropped and squatted, crunched body angles and in particular, "dropped the ball" by creating space between quads, power leak dissipated. Key thing is even though arms and hands maintain smooth transition pace, I needed to speed up body pace in transition quite a bit. The space created between upper thighs was critical to that happening. So find myself in both camps for the Rx of swing even if that is a bit of self delusion.

Hardest paradigm shift I've endured is getting body more crunched and flexed to facilitate a lay down of shaft and getting D plane lower. Been swinging steep and losing,straightening body angles to compensate when what's needed is the opposite. Better body geometry and rotations create the space but also inherently flatten plane and simplify arm action. Lower body & core proficiency is getting more attention this winter. The "squat & space between thighs " of GG, the "lower left side,swing downhill" of AMG seems to be the medicine needed.