2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

What clubs are you looking forward to in 2019?

Mclancy94

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the new MP is to follow up the 18s. I've had my MP-5s since 2016 and it took most of my restraint not to jump on the MP-18s. My resolve is wearing thin and I think I'm ready for a new iron fitting in the next year or so. I'm not sure I'll be able to resist the new MPs if they're anywhere near as sexy as the 18s or even the new JPX 919 Tour.

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9º (at 8º) Accra TZ5 65 M5

3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Ti 15º Accra TZ5 75 M5

3i/4i: Srixon Z785 Nippon Modus 120X (4i 1º weak)

5i-PW: Srixon Z-Forged Modus 120X

50º/54º/60º: Cleveland RTX 4 (Mid Bounce) Modus 120X (50º/54º) & DG TI S400 (60º)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2 (33.75", 70º lie, 2.5º loft)

In the market for a new driver so waiting for TM to see what they have. Ping peaks my interest as well but I hate the dragonfly so will never buy their driver based solely on that unfortunately. Such a stupid waste they add to the top of a driver that looks so good otherwise.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI Black Onyx X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 54.10 S - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

Whatever the new MP is to follow up the 18s. I've had my MP-5s since 2016 and it took most of my restraint not to jump on the MP-18s. My resolve is wearing thin and I think I'm ready for a new iron fitting in the next year or so. I'm not sure I'll be able to resist the new MPs if they're anywhere near as sexy as the 18s or even the new JPX 919 Tour.

I think the mp5s are nicer looking than the 18s or the 919jpx

In the market for a new driver so waiting for TM to see what they have. Ping peaks my interest as well but I hate the dragonfly so will never buy their driver based solely on that unfortunately. Such a stupid waste they add to the top of a driver that looks so good otherwise.

Is like a bunch of make up on a beautiful lady...i mean your not ugly now but.... really?

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

With a lot of rumors of 2019 clubs ,what are you most excited for

Personally I need a driver refresh so will be looking the F9’s and new Callys

Also really interested in the rumored Callaway Stenson looking irons along with the Ping Blueprints”

New ping driver if no dragonfly.

New mizuno blades

Hazrdus black iron shafts.

That last one i may have to special order lol

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

I know how you feel guys..... who the H wants to hit a driver with that clown white and black top on it ? Or the one with the two dots showing every time you pull off the headcover, jailbond or break or somthing lame. And that one with the milled face and flip weights? whats up with that nonsense ?

Or you could demo the thing crush it and decide flying things on the top that i don’t even notice cause i’m admiring my rocket-launched orb waaay down the fairway isn’t that big of a deal.

I can’t wait to see the whole new Callaway line up

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

nothing to buy for myself club wise.

I know weird to be on here and say that.

I want a new laser ie Bushnell X2 replacement and new grips and that's it!

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

It is crazy how much hate "dragonfly"/"turbulator tech gets.

The reality is that IMO, most people do not understand the benefits and some may not need them. Reducing the drag slightly in a golf swing will likey not provide a major increase in swing speed. But where reducing the drag in the golf swing provides the most benefit is the ability to hold the highest speed in your swing for a longer period of time by slowing the rate of deceleration. So if you have near perfect tempo, dragonfly will not help much if at all. But if you are like most amateur golfers with varrying tempo from swing to swing, then dragonfly can actually be helpful if your swing speed peaks before contact.

I think the mp5s are nicer looking than the 18s or the 919jpx

My mp5s are the safest things in my bag.

Excited to demo the Cobra F9 driver and Evnroll flowneck #9 style putter, but won't be buying either until their prices are at least half off.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

The reality is that IMO, most people do not understand the benefits and some may not need them. Reducing the drag slightly in a golf swing will likey not provide a major increase in swing speed. But where reducing the drag in the golf swing provides the most benefit is the ability to hold the highest speed in your swing for a longer period of time by slowing the rate of deceleration. So if you have near perfect tempo, dragonfly will not help much if at all. But if you are like most amateur golfers with varrying tempo from swing to swing, then dragonfly can actually be helpful if your swing speed peaks before contact.

numbers? I just wanna see reduced drag numbers then I'll leave it alone.

I want justifications for the things they spend money on their r& d and marketing department to come up with.

I

With a lot of rumors of 2019 clubs ,what are you most excited for

Personally I need a driver refresh so will be looking the F9’s and new Callys

Also really interested in the rumored Callaway Stenson looking irons along with the Ping Blueprints”

Well i'm excited to get the sets and clubs I have setup properly. I have spend the last couple years buying some of the clubs of the past I always wanted but some need different shafts, or lofts and lies done or new grips... I'm looking forward to getting some of these sets and clubs with some good components in them and getting them out to the course. Planning on a membership next spring as well and will be living across the street from the course so a lot of hours on the range tinkering and hitting balls which I enjoy.... As far as new technology, its never really been my thing! I'll get it a couple years from now when its cheaper... I've never needed the latest and greatest to win a $50 nassau!

I want justifications for the things they spend money on their r& d and marketing department to come up with.

I

With dragonfly and turbulators the Ping G driver had 37% less drag than the G30. Another important aspect to dragonfly tech was that the ridges reinforced the top of the driver making it so that the rest of it could be thinner and lighter(random thought...maybe this is why TM and Callaway drivers have had recent issues with cracks in the crown and I have not heard of the same issue with newer Ping drivers?)....

So reduced drag, and a reinforced thin crown so that weight could be moved lower and further back.....It may not be everyone's cup of tea asthetically, but it does seem to offer several benefits.

I

With dragonfly and turbulators the Ping G driver had 37% less drag than the G30. Another important aspect to dragonfly tech was that the ridges reinforced the top of the driver making it so that the rest of it could be thinner and lighter(random thought...maybe this is why TM and Callaway drivers have had recent issues with cracks in the crown and I have not heard of the same issue with newer Ping drivers?)....

So reduced drag, and a reinforced thin crown so that weight could be moved lower and further back.....It may not be everyone's cup of tea asthetically, but it does seem to offer several benefits.

ping drivers have been cracking also.

and theres a different CG, head size, paint types between those drivers

"The G400 drivers also have Turbulators, or raised portions on their crowns, that sit directly behind the face. They have been thickened up, and dots have been added to the back of the crown. Neither of these changes have any aerodynamic qualities, but improve the look of the drivers, according to Ping."

http://www.golfwrx.com/458166/ping-claims-smaller-is-better-with-its-new-g400-drivers/

I’m gonna be looking at fairway woods. My M3 3HL is good off the tee but I struggle with it off the deck.

So when the new releases launch, I’m hitting everything without bias and going with what works the best.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

I'm looking forward to see more Japanese made offerings.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Putters, but that’s more of a constant rather than specifically looking forward to any particular new offering.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

Looking to re-tool as I had shoulder replacement in June and full swing is right around the corner!! I liquidated three of my sets of irons... but have two to build :taunt: Graphite in both.

Going to give the Ping G400 and Cobra Drivers a whirl to make the bag. Maybe a set of wedges 54 and 60 to replace my long standing Infiniti IP-3 that are a decade old.