• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got some info today from my local clubfitter, they tested them last week

- much smoother crown, no more turbulators etc much more like a classic driver

- color scheme is black and red

- movable weights at the back

I don't know how to feel about that. I actually rather enjoy the crown layout with the accents. It can help to line up the ball.

I know it's not important but I don't care for black and red scheme in general. Nothing against titleist but I think of black and red as titleist. Have to see it.

I know it's not important but I don't care for black and red scheme in general. Nothing against titleist but I think of black and red as titleist. Have to see it.

dunno, my guy said it looks awesome and the performance was awesome as well, better than g400

Your local club fitter needs to pay better attention (or stop drinking before happy hour). The G410's still have turbulators. The dragonfly is gone - at least outwardly.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

Saw them first hand yesterday. Definitely impressive. Wouldn't let me take pictures though :smilie_ping:

Did you see the irons?

Yes need G iron info!!! G series with I series offset and they will be in the bag.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

dunno, my guy said it looks awesome and the performance was awesome as well, better than g400

I'll be the judge of that! :) I don't know how they could perform better than the G400 unless a person was fitted better.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Is G410 MAX coming. I read no, but a search of some pictures for G410 found they trademarked G410 MAX, so??? (didn't find any pictures)

https://www.trademar...673573-page-1-2

I just love the category:

Class (028) - Games and playthings; gymnastic and sporting articles not included in other classes; decorations for Christmas trees.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I have bought into this too many times... Even if it's true, the G400 is so good its not like losing anything by sticking with it. I do like black and red though, will be interested to see it, but I refuse to keep buying into the hype!!!

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Nike VFP  4i KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping i230 5-P KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

If it comes with heel and toe weights like the old TM stuff I would be amped. Fixed weights better than sliding in my opinion

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

I was watching a TXG YouTube video and Ian said the new Ping drivers don't look anything like the G400 drivers, for what it's worth

Well, we can confirm that everyone says the adjustability neck is new and not backwards compatible...

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I was watching a TXG YouTube video and Ian said the new Ping drivers don’t look anything like the G400 drivers, for what it’s worth

The only outward difference when you look down in the address position, is the dragonfly is absent. Same profile and colour. Only when you flip it over, do you see the real difference. Tim Clarke would likely boot it off D vs D because it doesn’t have enough shelf appeal. ;)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

Saw them first hand yesterday. Definitely impressive. Wouldn't let me take pictures though :smilie_ping:

Did you see the irons?

Yes need G iron info!!! G series with I series offset and they will be in the bag.

+1 for this potential set up. Would love the G400 irons, but my misses are LEFT. Less offset and G level forgiveness--sign me up.

TaylorMade Stealth Plus Driver | 10.5° set to 9.75° & 1.5° open Ventus Blue
Callaway Epic Speed | 16.5° | Ventus Red

Callaway Epic Max | 20° | Graphite Design Tour AD DJ
Ping G410 3H | 19° Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-75

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4 | 21° Diamana Thump

Srixon ZX4/ZX5 | 5I-6I / 7I-PW LAGP Tour AXS Blue 105

Callaway Rogue ST Pro | 5I-AW | Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw
Callaway Jaws MD5 | 50° Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw

Callaway Jaws Full Toe Raw Black | 54° & 58° Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw

Bettinardi BB8 Tri Carbon Candy  | Stability Graphite or TaylorMade Spider X Chalk  | Stability Tour

This is not meant to be a snarky question at all. I'm just wondering about what is so fantastic about the G400 series drivers? I have hit the full lineup save the SFT and I liked how forging they were and easy to hit but I definitely found the distance lacking, esp compared to the long guys like my TS2 and the Rogue. I found my TS2 to be comparably long to the Rogue but comparably forgiving and straight to the G400 in general. I believe it was between 10-15 yard difference between G400 and the TS2 for me. Granted my TS2 was custom fit and the G400's we were just going with whatever shafts they had there.

The reason I'm asking is I've heard so many say that the G400 is the best driver ever, or that they've ever hit etc. I feel like I'm missing something.

This is not meant to be a snarky question at all. I'm just wondering about what is so fantastic about the G400 series drivers? I have hit the full lineup save the SFT and I liked how forging they were and easy to hit but I definitely found the distance lacking, esp compared to the long guys like my TS2 and the Rogue. I found my TS2 to be comparably long to the Rogue but comparably forgiving and straight to the G400 in general. I believe it was between 10-15 yard difference between G400 and the TS2 for me. Granted my TS2 was custom fit and the G400's we were just going with whatever shafts they had there.

The reason I'm asking is I've heard so many say that the G400 is the best driver ever, or that they've ever hit etc. I feel like I'm missing something.

Can’t do apples to apples comparison with one club you were fit for versus one you hit with whatever shaft they had. I would argue with the G400 max it is more crucial to get fit to see the full potential due to the high launch and relative higher spin. With that being said I did feel like the max was far superior on bad shots compared to the rogue and every bit as long in my case. Haven’t hit TS line yet but haven’t heard anything on here other than that Titleist did a pretty good job with it.

Can’t do apples to apples comparison with one club you were fit for versus one you hit with whatever shaft they had. I would argue with the G400 max it is more crucial to get fit to see the full potential due to the high launch and relative higher spin. With that being said I did feel like the max was far superior on bad shots compared to the rogue and every bit as long in my case. Haven’t hit TS line yet but haven’t heard anything on here other than that Titleist did a pretty good job with it.

Agree on the max, it’s a head that with the right shaft will deliver some good forgiveness and distance.

In my limited time with both ts2/3 and trying a few shafts it wasn’t able to hang with my g400. Going to do a fitting in the spring but the g400 is just too good

is Ping following the old TM business model of regularly releasing new equipment? I for one like it. :D

ping is basically yearly, this past year they released the g400 then a few months later the max. which in my mind is essentially the same club so i will call it one release. and for what it is worth TM has significantly slowed their releases.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

The G400s pushed the MOI envelope a huge amount. If the 400's you were hitting were shorter then they weren't setup properly, which you basically admitted.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

is Ping following the old TM business model of regularly releasing new equipment? I for one like it. :D

ping is basically yearly, this past year they released the g400 then a few months later the max. which in my mind is essentially the same club so i will call it one release. and for what it is worth TM has significantly slowed their releases.

Ping is every 18-24 months. How has TM slowed releases? They’ve released a new m family of clubs every year and were releasing the r woods every year before that. Only change they’ve really made is keeping 730, 770, 790 irons while adding 760 so we will get two years with most of the p series. Only big change from any of the companies is Callaway going to an 18-24 month cycle on each line even though they release various iron lineups each year

Ping is every 18-24 months. How has TM slowed releases? They've released a new m family of clubs every year and were releasing the r woods every year before that. Only change they've really made is keeping 730, 770, 790 irons while adding 760 so we will get two years with most of the p series. Only big change from any of the companies is Callaway going to an 18-24 month cycle on each line even though they release various iron lineups each year

if i remember correctly, and that is a big if. they used to release multiple drivers per year. they would release one, then a variant, than a tp, Then something else. maybe that was just the stereotype.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Ping is every 18-24 months. How has TM slowed releases? They've released a new m family of clubs every year and were releasing the r woods every year before that. Only change they've really made is keeping 730, 770, 790 irons while adding 760 so we will get two years with most of the p series. Only big change from any of the companies is Callaway going to an 18-24 month cycle on each line even though they release various iron lineups each year

if i remember correctly, and that is a big if. they used to release multiple drivers per year. they would release one, then a variant, than a tp, Then something else. maybe that was just the stereotype.

I do remember that happening but I think it wasn’t the norm. But there’s definitely that stereotype for a few brands even if not reality