Fire sale on PXG clubs?

Wizzo1

I jumped on the bay today to look around for anything and searched PXG. There are 4,158 auctions for their equipment. Did everyone realize just because they are ourageously priced doesn't mean they are magical and somehow they are still bogey golfers? I don't have anything aginst PXG,I'm just glad I didn't buy new!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jumped on the bay today to look around for anything and searched PXG. There are 4,158 auctions for their equipment. Did everyone realize just because they are ourageously priced doesn't mean they are magical and somehow they are still bogey golfers? I don't have anything aginst PXG,I'm just glad I didn't buy new!

Likely many people are flipping DH Gate/Alibaba/Ali Express fakes as real to unsuspecting clueless buyers.

Most are probably their gen 1’s that people bought online via the heroes program. Depending on shaft selection and what you’re comparing to you can get a set cheaper then a new set of TM’s, cally’s, mizzy’s, Titleist, etc in most cases. Now that they’re affordable for the general public you’re going to see “fire sales” like you do with other manufactures.

I just did quick searches on TaylorMade, Callaway and Titleist and these are the number of items available on the bay:

TaylorMade - 193,036

Callaway - 188,564

Titleist - 54,533

While it may seem like a lot of PXG equipment, they are a small fraction of the total amount of golf equipment being listed on the bay.

And here we go again, "somehow they are still bogey golfers ". What a clueless statement!!!

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Most are probably their gen 1's that people bought online via the heroes program. Depending on shaft selection and what you're comparing to you can get a set cheaper then a new set of TM's, cally's, mizzy's, Titleist, etc in most cases. Now that they're affordable for the general public you're going to see "fire sales" like you do with other manufactures.

are you saying "hero flippers'?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I just did quick searches on TaylorMade, Callaway and Titleist and these are the number of items available on the bay:

TaylorMade - 193,036

Callaway - 188,564

Titleist - 54,533

While it may seem like a lot of PXG equipment, they are a small fraction of the total amount of golf equipment being listed on the bay.

This is so true! People are always buying, selling, and trading golf clubs. It doesn’t matter the brand.

TaylorMade - 193,036

Callaway - 188,564

Titleist - 54,533

Come on, don't let facts get in the way of a good story...

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

TaylorMade - 193,036

Callaway - 188,564

Titleist - 54,533

Perspective... good post

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Most are probably their gen 1's that people bought online via the heroes program. Depending on shaft selection and what you're comparing to you can get a set cheaper then a new set of TM's, cally's, mizzy's, Titleist, etc in most cases. Now that they're affordable for the general public you're going to see "fire sales" like you do with other manufactures.

are you saying "hero flippers'?

I sold my two sets I purchased through the heroes program and lost money on each. I wasn’t flipping, just moved on to other irons. I like to tinker, it’s an addiction ha.

I was bidding on a used set and lost the auction. While waiting for my offer to be considered I found the sale on gen 1 irons. Realizing I could custom order new ones for less I had a bit of a panic hoping my offer would be declined. Luckily someone paid the full buy it now price and I was off the hook. Ordered new ones to my spec with Aerotech Steelfiber shafts for less and couldn’t be happier now.

I was bidding on a used set and lost the auction. While waiting for my offer to be considered I found the sale on gen 1 irons. Realizing I could custom order new ones for less I had a bit of a panic hoping my offer would be declined. Luckily someone paid the full buy it now price and I was off the hook. Ordered new ones to my spec with Aerotech Steelfiber shafts for less and couldn’t be happier now.

Did the same this morning

Golf Daily

Honeymoon phase could be over. Husbands/boyfriends selling because their significant others found out what they did, fakes, stuff like that. At the end of the day tho its like anything else. Everyone wants it when it's new. Once they figure out it's not a magical cure for their swing flaws and the visa/Mastercard bills come due it's time to sell.

Did the same this morning

Wow. Just seeing this. I could get a set of 0311Ts to my specs cheaper (marginally by $20) than 718 AP2s. Tempting.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I think lots of guys are upgrading to Gen 2s.

I have played many different sets of irons. The PXGs are among the best I have played. Great all around performance and unique looks (which I personally really like). They are not a miracle cure for bad golf though, which is what many people are always searching for!

Driver (10):  Titleist TSR3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
3 Wood (16.5):  Titleist TSR2 (Tour AD DI 7s)
Hybrid (19):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Hybrid (22):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Irons (5-G):  Titleist T100S (TT Elevate Tour)
Wedges:  54/58:  Vokey SM9 (PX LZ 6.0 -- Onyx)
Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas 2022

I think lots of guys are upgrading to Gen 2s.

I have played many different sets of irons. The PXGs are among the best I have played. Great all around performance and unique looks (which I personally really like). They are not a miracle cure for bad golf though, which is what many people are always searching for!

Perfectly said, funny thing is the looks is what drew me to them in the first place. Best looking iron out there in MY opinion, the performance / feel was a bonus!!

PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 

now you've got the bandwagon folks all stirred up. They're like beetlejui.... you know the name, I'm not saying it. We don't need that maniac in this thread with the PX... you know who fan boys.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

TaylorMade - 193,036

Callaway - 188,564

Titleist - 54,533

True but look how long those companies have been around and their production numbers must be almost mind boggling. Like I said,I'm just glad I didn't buy new. I love the way they look and I was actually contemplating drilling holes in the weight on my Futura,running a tap through them and putting in tungsten weights. I haven't done it yet but I think it would good.

Bart

And here we go again, "somehow they are still bogey golfers ". What a clueless statement!!!

Then you must be clueless by making that statement or did I offened a bogey glolfer? That couldnt be it because you have a bag full of PXG equipment. It's funny because despite having thosands in a putter collection I'm pretty much still a bogey golfer.To tell the truth I'm a no golfer because 3 yrs ago I contracted a nerve killer called Gillian Barre. I can put (in my house) but no actual golf. Well maybe I offended myself and I'm gonna go kick my own a**! Oh yea, I can't walk yet. Who's cluless?

The two people that I know that play PXG, have upgraded to the gen2's. They are both people that have a lot of disposable income and like nice new shiny things. I like nice shiny things as well, I just can't justify spending that much money on clubs. Anyway more power to them, they both drive 100K cars as well.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Then you must be clueless by making that statement or did I offened a bogey glolfer? That couldnt be it because you have a bag full of PXG equipment. It's funny because despite having thosands in a putter collection I'm pretty much still a bogey golfer.To tell the truth I'm a no golfer because 3 yrs ago I contracted a nerve killer called Gillian Barre. I can put (in my house) but no actual golf. Well maybe I offended myself and I'm gonna go kick my own a**! Oh yea, I can't walk yet. Who's cluless?

Don't know what all that was supposed to mean but no need for me to respond to it, you said enough to expose yourself!!

However I am sincerely sorry for your health issues. I wouldn't wish that on anybody and can't imagine what it's like to have your health keep you from doing something you enjoy. Hope things improve for you so you can resume a normal life.

PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 

PXG has good quality golf clubs, it's just difficult to compete in that category. Thier targeted market segment is different than the price / affordability segment. Wrong natch !

Like only the old guys could afford the super sports cars, so if their price range is up there then, they should make products catering to the aging golfer whom could afford it.

Don't know what all that was supposed to mean but no need for me to respond to it, you said enough to expose yourself!!

However I am sincerely sorry for your health issues. I wouldn't wish that on anybody and can't imagine what it's like to have your health keep you from doing something you enjoy. Hope things improve for you so you can resume a normal life.

Plain class! Well said.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

We're not sure who's clueless, but we now know who's on the good meds!!

Best of health to you and I hope you come out the other side 100% cured.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Tons of gen 1 owners getting gen 2’s I’m sure.

Used market on gen 1’s just took a massive dump mainly because anyone can buy brand new Gen 1’s on their web site for $175 a club now.

Without actually saying it, the Gen 1’s have become their “entry level” set and are competing with every other more common brand,

I love the gen 1s. Still play my 0311Ts and 0317 19. Just got a 0317 17, 0311 50, 54 and 60 and also the Bat Attack P and Mustang P. Only club not a PXG is the driver. If they release the Gen 2 LX, I'd take a serious look.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

PXG gets jumped on a lot around here because of their price and some don't like the owner. Your original post probably seemed like a attempt to get things stirred up. PXG makes very good clubs that are not for everybody. I'd like a set though.:)

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

Perspective.

I am not a Parsons fan, I do not think all the screws on the back are a good look, but I now own a set of Gen 1 PXG 0311T's. My most recent sets over the last 8 years were S56, J40CB and 716 CB's. I liked them all, but because of some arthritis / tendonitis issues I was looking to convert to graphite. By the time I finished pricing the cost of putting Aerotech's into one of my existing sets, buying the PXG's at heroes pricing was a no-brainer. The 0311 T's are pretty similar to my S56's and 716 CB's. I figured if the experiment failed, I would sell them at close to break-even. 5 rounds in, I am clearly keeping them. Anyone need some S56's or J40's?

Anyone considering one of the Goo filled players club brands with Aerotech shafts should consider these, since nearly new 7 or 8 club sets can be had under $1000. I don't think they are better or worse than the other options, but they are now a cost competitive alternative.