Ping Tour Driver Shaft, Kuro Kage, or Tensei Blue

kcd38

My driver right now is the Ping G400 LST with the Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 X. I found that shaft on ebay for a great price with the tip already installed, and since I was not getting along with the Alta shaft it came with I pulled the trigger. I've had it in for almost a year and it has been good. I just feel like sometimes I can't load it enough to get the most out of it.

My SS with my driver sits at around 105.

I would say I have a smoother transition. I'm focusing on having the fastest part of my swing be at or right beyond the ball.

I am looking for a stiff shaft with a little more kick to it than the x stiff Kuro Kage.

I have seen the Ping Tour 65 S, Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 S, and the Tensei CK Blue S priced very similarly on ebay.

Have any of you compared these shafts? Would love to hear some feedback.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tensei blue 60s (non pro) will kick like a mule. Had it, hated it... super wild with dispersion. BEst shaft I've tried that had good kick but wasn't all over the place was Speeder Evo III.

Then again, my swing isn't super smooth so I didn't get along with the lower tip stiffness of either of those. I ended up in the Evo II for a while but I'm currently in the Tensei Pro blue TX which feels totally different than regular tensei.

Tensei blue 60s (non pro) will kick like a mule. Had it, hated it... super wild with dispersion. BEst shaft I've tried that had good kick but wasn't all over the place was Speeder Evo III.

Then again, my swing isn't super smooth so I didn't get along with the lower tip stiffness of either of those. I ended up in the Evo II for a while but I'm currently in the Tensei Pro blue TX which feels totally different than regular tensei.

I have been reading that the Speeder evolutions have a more active feel while staying stable. I may see if I can hit an Evo II or III as and see how it compares

You're about to go down a rabbit hole. I have the same shaft, and roughly the same speed. It goes just fine at "under" speeds. You won't get more "pop". You are looking at greener grass on the other side.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

The amount of money you’re about to spent spitballing shafts, you probably could pay for two fittings. Just saying.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

I love the weight and feel of the Ping Tour 80.

Ping G410 Plus Driver 10.5 - Tour 65 S
Ping G410 17.5 (set at 16.5) - Tour 75 S 

Ping G410 22 Hybrid (set at 20.5) - Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue HY 80 S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Nippon Modus 3 120 S
TaylorMade MG3 50, 54, 58
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 1.5 Prototype

Titleist ProV1

• 4 weeks later...

my SS is 103-105, i use the Silver TiNi 60X. 250 carry. 285 total on trackman with an M3 460. Tried a bunch of shafts with a TM fitter and the only thing that was marginally better was an Orange Tensei Pro CK 60TX...i'll save the money and use my sub $100 ebay pick up Silver TiNi. tMaybe you try a non-LST Ping head with it? i dont think it's overly stiff at my swing speed but then again i'm not sure where you load the shaft most in comparison.

For reference, I used to swing a Diamana Blue 60X (I think it's the 3rd gen or whatever with Dialead). I found that it was a bit high on spin but the feel was smooth and I could get some big carries with it. Maybe that might be a good fit with your LST and these shafts can be found for $100 new on ebay through certain shops as well.

My SS is right with yours. I am a fan of the Tour 65. Felt nice and stable too. The Tensei Blue is a descendant of the Blueboard or no? I still play the Diamana Blue and for whatever reason never felt the same about the Tensei. I would like to try a Blueboard in X and 65 grams or so in one of these Ping heads.

I am a fan of Kuro Kage shafts. Really like their black hybrid shaft.

The Ping Tours play very true to flex. Ping Tour 80 in stiff is a big boy matchup. I went with the 65 at 45 inches. Definite improvement for me in hitting fairways. Shaft you have is solld so this will be all about preference and dispersion.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

my SS is 103-105, i use the Silver TiNi 60X. 250 carry. 285 total on trackman with an M3 460. Tried a bunch of shafts with a TM fitter and the only thing that was marginally better was an Orange Tensei Pro CK 60TX...i'll save the money and use my sub $100 ebay pick up Silver TiNi. tMaybe you try a non-LST Ping head with it? i dont think it's overly stiff at my swing speed but then again i'm not sure where you load the shaft most in comparison.

For reference, I used to swing a Diamana Blue 60X (I think it's the 3rd gen or whatever with Dialead). I found that it was a bit high on spin but the feel was smooth and I could get some big carries with it. Maybe that might be a good fit with your LST and these shafts can be found for $100 new on ebay through certain shops as well.

Identical. I'm about 108 on the gun normally. I can reach 116, but at my extreme peril. Nothing has felt better. I think there's no coincidence the Orange Tensei is going to be a pick for the 410.

If you haven't started messing around by now, wait on the 410. You're better off, and the adapter would need re-tipped. I'm going to need to re-tip my options, and I'm not looking forward to it.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I play the Ping G400 driver (not LST). When I got fitted for it, my swing speed was a shade over 110mph, with 113 the top. After trying the Tour 65s first, the fitter recommended a HZRDUS black in the 70g range (not sure of the precise weight). I hit my longest measured drive with this driver, and quite liked it, but it felt pretty heavy and I felt I might struggle to wield it at the end of a round. So I went with the Tour 65S, and after more than a year of playing it I can say I'm very happy with it. It's got a decent kick to it, and seems plenty stable. Light, but not like a noodle, stable but not like swinging rebar.

Incidentally, my tempo is pretty fast. On the Mizuno Swing DNA thing, I've been measured at a 9, but IIRC, on the day of the fitting I was down to a smooth 7

Don't know if that helps.