2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

stop lying!!

darter79

Most of us here have been around junior golf for a while and there is aways those people. I myself have only been around for a short time only about 18 months if that. I always find my self asking why do people lie about things all the time. I know this one person who faked a scorecard to make people think he mighty 6 year old shot a score she didn't. Some want to lie about how far they hit the ball or how fast they swing. If your swing 95 and hitting 230 on short courses no way you should be shooting upper 80s and 90s unless your short game is good. So stop lying everyone. Be honest about where you kid really is no one gonna think less of you if your kid isn't the next Tiger or the next Lexi.

Really getting old.....

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give this 1/10 on the Zach-Smith-Drunken-Rant-Scale.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I'd give this 1/10 on the Zach-Smith-Drunken-Rant-Scale.

I wish I drank after some of the drama I witnessed today....

Weeding out the BS is half the fun. Causing panic is the other half.

Time to start blowing this s$$! up. Hate people who are full of it. Honestly integrity should be what this sport is about.

Most of us here have been around junior golf for a while and there is aways those people. I myself have only been around for a short time only about 18 months if that. I always find my self asking why do people lie about things all the time. I know this one person who faked a scorecard to make people think he mighty 6 year old shot a score she didn't. Some want to lie about how far they hit the ball or how fast they swing. If your swing 95 and hitting 230 on short courses no way you should be shooting upper 80s and 90s unless your short game is good. So stop lying everyone. Be honest about where you kid really is no one gonna think less of you if your kid isn't the next Tiger or the next Lexi.

Really getting old.....

I've been in around tournament golf about 18 month as well. If someone is lying on their scorecard, go ahead and let them. They will get DQed or a 10 on the last hole(I've seen it first hand). Who cares about how far they hit, or how fast they swing? Don't even ask and don't even listen. Just ignore the noise, and let your game do the talking. It will just makes them look foolish in the end.

The great thing about the interwebz is that you can verify a lot of what people are claiming about their kids. I think HH used to be a PI in his past life.

I know very seemingly honest people who lie about their kids and how good they are. It's sad- yes, but tournament scores rarely lie

HH is still a PI what are you talking about....

I know a guy not on here that made up a scorecard so his daughter appeared to be better then her competition kid only broke 30 once but somehow posted a 30 on a tournament that wasn't that day in the middle of a week during the school year. okay buddy.

Then there are people on here who what they say doest match up to some of their instagram swings thats for sure (not your kid). Once again Why lie in a sport thats build around integrity. Why play this game?

If your swing 95 and hitting 230 on short courses no way you should be shooting upper 80s and 90s unless your short game is good.

I didn’t understand this part - are you talking about adults? There are lots of single digit index players who shoot in 70s and 80s who only hit it 230 (or less)

Nope talking about some youth girls who keep claiming this fact.

Really getting old.....

Definitely an issue not limited to junior golf or golf in general but I certainly understand your sentiment. Just yesterday I had to hear a dad tell me how his son is a "par shooter" and how both he (dad) and his own father who was also walking with us easily drive the ball over 300 yards. I just smiled and said "Wow, you guys would need to give me a lot of shots if we played."

People who lie about a game, most likely than not, lie about their lives.

Their world! Welcome to the world of snowflakes and lattes, lol...

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Really getting old.....

Our kids were taught to have high and noble goals, that everyone could achieve the goals. That they are the Princess and the Prince whom will never grow up and everyone have to bend to serve them.

Guess what ? Those kids had grown up and had their own kids now. Instead of encouraging their kids and comfort them to learn from the failure, they mask the truth and took the easy way out by lying. What would that kind of life lesson teach their kids ?

Same as many of the high school graduate proudly announcing their plan of going to Pre-Med program and this and that. Never heard from them after their sophomore year. If the kids are not smart enough to know the challenge and the competition these days, the parents need to help them by facing the reality, then make up a plan to plot out the map to get to where they want to be later

One of my neighbor said it all, she doesn't wish to be young again because the stress of growing up these day is much heavier than when she was young. True, we're facing the global competition these days instead of regional. However, growing up is stressful, no matter when or where.

If kids could get proper help to make them understand to pick and chose the route for their own map of success, they'll be fine. Not knowing or not knowing the truth will increase the anxiety and stress.

Adults lying and masking the truth to their kids is really like giving candy to a diabetic patient. They took the easy way out.

Not everyone need to be a Doctor or computer guru, nor would everyone be happy being one. Roll modeling or job shadowing will give the youngster a clear picture of reality.

My wish for my own kids were simple as they'll find something they love to do and do what they love, then everything should take care of itself with a goal and map to get there.

Showing kids lying and masking the truth is dumb, kids are smart enough to tell the difference. The lesson these adult gave will do more damage than just a golf lesson. They will probably ruin the life of the youngster.

Why give a s***?

The only person I can control is me. The only person my kids can control is them.

The boasting and lying is just noise.

There will be people claiming to hit the ball 300 yards with a 85 Mph swing speed until the end of time.

There will be people claiming that they caught a 15lb large-mouth bass...brought it up to the boat...then it got away.

Again...just noise.

I don't know if all the bragging is true or false, but one thing I know is that I could not play a round of golf with 99% of WRX members.

I don't drive the ball 350 yards, play 7500 courses, or take it too seriously.

Having said that, it doesn't affect me one bit.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Really getting old.....

I expected the thread to be about the "NEW" stupid rule your local US Kids implemented.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

Really getting old.....

I expected the thread to be about the "NEW" stupid rule your local US Kids implemented.

Oh thats a topic for another thread...