Want To Buy Section - Are people just wasting others time ?

Tzoid

I would love to know if anyone else has experienced people that post in the Want To Buy section ignoring responses. I have had more than a few

listings that I have responded to with the exact item someone started a "Want to Buy" topic and they read the message and either delete or don't reply.

Are these people just ignorant or trolls trying to pad their post count? The most recent was yesterday someone posted WTB Srixon Z785 -Z765-Z745 Irons

so I messaged him with Z765 " Like New" 4-PW Modus 120 S $ 575 Shipped. The dude reads and leaves conversation without a response.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1712378-srixon-z785-z765-or-even-z745/

Just poor form in my opinion..... If you List wanting to buy and someone responds have the manners to at least reply " No Thanks" or negotiate.

Rant Off.......

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

I would love to know if anyone else has experienced people that post in the Want To Buy section ignoring responses. I have had more than a few

listings that I have responded to with the exact item someone started a "Want to Buy" topic and they read the message and either delete or don't reply.

Are these people just ignorant or trolls trying to pad their post count? The most recent was yesterday someone posted WTB Srixon Z785 -Z765-Z745 Irons

so I messaged him with Z765 " Like New" 4-PW Modus 120 S $ 575 Shipped. The dude reads and leaves conversation without a response.

Just poor form in my opinion..... If you List wanting to buy and someone responds have the manners to at least reply " No Thanks" or negotiate.

Rant Off.......

Happens all the time. I don't mind if they ignore when you offer not exactly what they are looking for but when you have EXACTLY what is being sought and they don't bother to respond I think it's bad form. A simple

thanks but I already found one" or similar would be nice.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Rant Off.......

Happens all the time. I don't mind if they ignore when you offer not exactly what they are looking for but when you have EXACTLY what is being sought and they don't bother to respond I think it's bad form. A simple

thanks but I already found one" or similar would be nice.

I know I have the tendency to get pissed when others conduct themselves in a way I view as rude or disrespectful so I should probably let it go. I agree with your view on this.

Titleist Pro V1x

I have resorted to "I have what you want, let me know if still interested." If they take the time to get back to me, then we start a back and forth over specs and price.

Ping G430 LST (GD AD IZ} 10° 
Titleist TSr 2 FW (GD AD DI) 14.5°
Titleist TSr 2 Hybrid (GD AD DI) 18° 
Ping i530 5-UW (KBS Tour S 120)
Ping S159 52° & 57°, Glide Pro 62°
Ping PLD Anser D 

I’ve had mixed results with the WTB ads. I agree with the OP though, if you don’t want it just tell me. I recently responded to one with pictures and more than fair price and they never even responded back.

I have done the same and it really does ruin it for those that are actually looking for clubs from members. Sad that people just act as if it's not worth a reply

Titleist Pro V1x

I think most people that post in there expect you to give away your clubs to them

I think you're right. I've responded to ads in there for people wanting headcovers/markers and when giving them a price (not exorbitant, in my opinion) they respond with the "I was looking to get it for less" and all. Well yeah, we all want everything for less. But if you're in the Want to BUY forum, I assume you're willing to pay market value at the very least and possibly more.

I occasionally post an ad there and my responses vary on what people send me. I'm typically pretty specific about what I'm looking for. Steel shafts, 4-PW, whatever...I usually get replies that I have a 6-PW set with graphite but I'll sell the heads and you can grab the others on ebay. I typically just leave those conversations, as if their comprehension skills are that poor, it won't end up being a good deal. I'd say about 80% of responses I get aren't what I asked for. I have pretty much always bought from someone replying to one of my WTB posts, typically the one that actually offers what I"m looking for.

I think most people that post in there expect you to give away your clubs to them

I agree the section should really be called, Wanted to Buy Dirt Cheap or No Deal.

Cobra LTDx 10* UST Helium Nanocore 5F3
Cobra LTDx 18.5* UST Helium nanocore 5F3
PXG 0311XF Gen5 19* Hybrid Project X Cypher 5.5
PXG 0311 P Gen5 4-PW True Temper Elevate MP 95G S
RTX-3 50 bent to 51, 54 bent to 55 DG Ti Onyx S400
Wilson Staff PMP 58* DG S200
Scotty Cameron 009 A012056

Agree with the above posts. I had an item for sale a while back, and noticed somebody with a recently posted WTB ad for the same item, so I messaged them with a link to my ad. After 4 days they replied saying one just sold for a lower price, asking me to beat that price (but prefaced it that they weren't lowballing), not mentioning that the seller had a dozen people lined up to buy it within the hour so they clearly underpriced it. Politely replied that I'd sold my item several days prior after they didn't reply. Point being, people know what the prices are when they post WTB ads, they know the market rate and are fishing for the best possible offer IMO. I've got no problem with people wanting a good deal, everybody does, but do it on your own time and effort and not begging it out of others.

Out of the probably 30 times I've responded to WTB posts I've had one guy answer me back and actually buy. As previously mentioned I think most guys want the item close to free.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

IMO most people who post in WTB are just looking for a mega deal because 99% of what they want can be found on eBay or other online sources. They are just trying to find "that one deal".

I'll say this though.. most people on WRX offer me better deals than people who make offers on eBay. I'll list something here for like $100 and most offers come in from 70-90 bucks. On eBay some clown will offer me 40. On Letgo, it's even worse, some guy offered me $30 for what was a brand new Cleveland wedge because he "saw some deal going on at Dicks" at the time.

Nobody walks into their local Bimmer dealer and offers $20k for a $60k M3 but would low ball you all day over a golf club online.

Ok.... You guys tell me this guy isn't a Tool..... Duplicate Want to Buy Post to apparently Pad his Post numbers. The 1st Post in this thread

is the same and he apparently is wasting space.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1713906-srixon-z-irons/

Titleist Pro V1x

Think about it guys. Why post on the wtb? Unless searching for a unicorn of course it’s to get a good or great deal. Otherwise eBay , Amazon, second swing has 99% of what you want.

Stop hawking the wtb and expecting to sell For prices you couldn’t on the bst. Unrealistic expectations are the issue.

I’d agree a simple no thanks replay would be good form. But it’s easy to see the non reply is because the price is out of line.

Think about it like when you have something for sale. Most ignore “lowballs” and state they will do so in the ad. All this is is the same in reverse. It’s ignoring “ high balls “ . Both high and low are just opposite opinions.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

The only time I would post a WTB ad is if I'm looking for a specific item that I can't buy at a golf outlet.

And then, I'm ready to buy, no bullshtein.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Ok.... You guys tell me this guy isn't a Tool..... Duplicate Want to Buy Post to apparently Pad his Post numbers.

IIRC posts made in the B/S/T sub-forums do not count in your total post numbers. He has bought his way into the B/S/T. He has 20 active posts and a 98 feedback score and has been a member since 2011. All that said who knows why he is making duplicate posts in the WTB. Block him and don't worry about him.

Ok.... You guys tell me this guy isn't a Tool..... Duplicate Want to Buy Post to apparently Pad his Post numbers.

IIRC posts made in the B/S/T sub-forums do not count in your total post numbers. He has bought his way into the B/S/T. He has 20 active posts and a 98 feedback score and has been a member since 2011. All that said who knows why he is making duplicate posts in the WTB. Block him and don't worry about him.

Good Points.....

Titleist Pro V1x

Think about it guys. Why post on the wtb? Unless searching for a unicorn of course it's to get a good or great deal. Otherwise eBay , Amazon, second swing has 99% of what you want.

Stop hawking the wtb and expecting to sell For prices you couldn't on the bst. Unrealistic expectations are the issue.

I'd agree a simple no thanks replay would be good form. But it's easy to see the non reply is because the price is out of line.

Think about it like when you have something for sale. Most ignore "lowballs" and state they will do so in the ad. All this is is the same in reverse. It's ignoring " high balls " . Both high and low are just opposite opinions.

The prices I offer are the same or less than what I would list in BST. I check prices on eBay as well as other BST history..... I just expect the courtesy of a response but that's on me.

Titleist Pro V1x

Think about it guys. Why post on the wtb? Unless searching for a unicorn of course it's to get a good or great deal. Otherwise eBay , Amazon, second swing has 99% of what you want.

Stop hawking the wtb and expecting to sell For prices you couldn't on the bst. Unrealistic expectations are the issue.

I'd agree a simple no thanks replay would be good form. But it's easy to see the non reply is because the price is out of line.

Think about it like when you have something for sale. Most ignore "lowballs" and state they will do so in the ad. All this is is the same in reverse. It's ignoring " high balls " . Both high and low are just opposite opinions.

I was offering well under EBay price. I would just say 'no thanks' or make a counter. I've been lowballed on sale items plenty of times as well and I still respond. Being rude is a choice.

I've been successful using the WTB section. To be honest I got so many responses it was kind of difficult to keep them all organized.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I've been successful using the WTB section. To be honest I got so many responses it was kind of difficult to keep them all organized.

I posted a WTB for a shaft.

I had 20 responses in the first day. I was able to source it locally, so I copied and posted my reply (got one thanks) via PM to all participants.

There should be a way for the OP of the ad to say in the thread "I found one, thanks".

X________________________________ Sign Here

I posted a WTB for a shaft.

I had 20 responses in the first day. I was able to source it locally, so I copied and posted my reply (got one thanks) via PM to all participants.

There should be a way for the OP of the ad to say in the thread "I found one, thanks".

Report the WTB ad for us to remove.

I rarely even look at that forum anymore. I would guess that in the past when I have responded to an ad it’s probably 20% or less that I’ve been replied to. Not worth the time.

I have however had very good luck when looking for something. I’ve bought several things from a WTB post. And almost always the price has been fair and I just paid what they asked.

I try to always reply to a WTB ad that I post. Sometimes its a day or 2 late but I respond. Last week I was looking to try a different PXG head and had about 10-15 guys send me offers. Went with an offer I got about 12 hours later, and responded to everyone who offered.

I do agree with what others have said, the WTB seems to be for people who want a deal of a lifetime on common items. Have also had multiple times where I would post for something and people who offer a different brand, flex, etc. Just seems to be hit or miss on the responses you get.

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

I have had very limited success with the BST and WTB forums. I posted a couple times on the WTB and I have gotten responses months later or no response at all. When selling I have had people offer ridiculously low prices and then ask when I could ship it as if I was automatically going to accept their "generous" offer. I still post stuff I sell on eBay out there to get some additional exposure (and usually offer free shipping if you buy it directly instead of eBay) but I usually get zero serious inquiries.

Doesn't help being left handed, but still no less frustrating.