Breaking 90 - the "easiest" way?

Z1ggy16

Yes, often if I look back at my worst scores, it's because I tried the 'hero' shot and took 3 shots to get out of the trees instead of taking my medicine in the beginning to chip out to the fairway.

Keep the ball in play off the tee. If you find yourself in s bad spot... 100 yard wedge to something more playable . Work on lag putting

GHIN Index 12.9
LH Epic Flash Driver-LH, 10.5*, Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 (Light)
LH Callaway Rogue 5-wood (18*), 7-wood (20*); Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-AW, Recoil Dart 75 F3
LH Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 58*
LH Odyssey Double Wide Stroke Lab Putter

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's an "easy" or "easiest" way for people who haven't broken 90 to do it. If there was, they would have done it. I'm sure the "Divide by 2" thing suggested in the OP has been trashed/debunked though.

Get it in play, keep it in play, get yourself back into play if you get into trouble. If you're a 90's/100's shooter trying to break 90 for the first time, you're going to miss greens. When this happens, unless the shot is a very simple chip, your main priority is to get the next shot onto the putting surface and ideally 2-putt for no worse than bogey. I think the big thing for breaking 90 is taking less big/giant numbers.

Manage the course/your game better. Play towards the larger/safer side of the green on your approaches. This may mean taking yardage off if approaching a back pin with danger behind, or the reverse on a front pin with danger in front. Set yourself up better on par 5's with a higher percentage 2nd shot, ideally towards wide areas of fairway without much trouble around.

Definitely work on lag putting / pace control. Missing a putt 2ft wide & 2ft long/short is still a sub 3' next putt.

PXG 0811X+ 10.5* (12*)

CW Epic Flash 5W 

TM M3 3H & 4H

TM RocketBladez HL 5-PW

W/S PMP 52*, 56*, 60*

Cleveland HB Soft #1

Just picked up this putting tool to help me getting my short putts down pat. It's starting to near the end of the season so I'm not sure how much more practice time on the greens I'll get, but lag putting will be a priority when I do, and into next year. Even if I can't lagg incredibly... I MUST make 80%+ of all my putts inside 4 feet. Missing a slippery down hill putt with a bunch of break happens, but straight forward putts have to go in if I'm going to get in the low teens for HC.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FNPLX7L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just picked up this putting tool to help me getting my short putts down pat. It's starting to near the end of the season so I'm not sure how much more practice time on the greens I'll get, but lag putting will be a priority when I do, and into next year. Even if I can't lagg incredibly... I MUST make 80%+ of all my putts inside 4 feet. Missing a slippery down hill putt with a bunch of break happens, but straight forward putts have to go in if I'm going to get in the low teens for HC.

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The problem I have with that and similar devices is that they punish you for not being good. I have a battery operated returner and after ten minutes I've had enough. Either there's half a dozen balls lying around the lounge or else I have to keep stopping to walk over and pick up the errant ones. In fact that one is even worse because it seems it punishes you for a good putt :(

This (yes it looks and feels as cheap as it) has worked better for me. Unless you're a total wassock the ball actually will always come back to you or at least within easy reach of an outstretched club. That means you can stand practising for as long as you want. Just keep hitting balls down the line until your back, knees or feet have had enough.

It also has the added benefit of hilarious translations of Chinese on the box.

Mind you I felt a bit cheated: One of the sillier features was that it was supposed to include three golf balls and it didn't. I had a search around my house and luckily found one or two spare ones I could use... :D

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The problem I have with that and similar devices is that they punish you for not being good. I have a battery operated returner and after ten minutes I've had enough. Either there's half a dozen balls lying around the lounge or else I have to keep stopping to walk over and pick up the errant ones. In fact that one is even worse because it seems it punishes you for a good putt :(

This (yes it looks and feels as cheap as it) has worked better for me. Unless you're a total wassock the ball actually will always come back to you or at least within easy reach of an outstretched club. That means you can stand practising for as long as you want. Just keep hitting balls down the line until your back, knees or feet have had enough.

It also has the added benefit of hilarious translations of Chinese on the box.

Mind you I felt a bit cheated: One of the sillier features was that it was supposed to include three golf balls and it didn't. I had a search around my house and luckily found one or two spare ones I could use... :D

This is mine. though it has one star rating for stupid reason, i had it for years and works fine.

https://www.amazon.c...way putting mat

I'll check them out if I end up not liking the one I got. Maybe punishing me for sucking will inspire me to finally get under say.... 35 putts per round.... -_-

The good news is at least I'm driving the ball okay. Despite a soul crushing 91, I hit 50% of my fairways. Just wasn't really hitting tons of greens as the course played somewhat longer being in the 50s and pretty windy, with freshly soaked fairways. Managed to avoid any 6's on par 3's which I said was a big issue last time.

My main problem remains blow-up holes. I've also had some putting woes recently but the new practice mat seems to have got that under control again. I think it's corrected my speed and also helped me fix a frequent pull I never knew I had. That white line is a great tool, even though there's a break to the left near the ramp. I'm hoping that as I fix my putting my normal swing might improve as well.

Last Saturday was surprisingly good. I scored 98 (about typical for me in a comp) but that included a 4-putt seven(*) on the par 4 first, a 6 on a par 3 (wedges broke down) and a pathetic 10 on the 18th (sliced OOB then hooked off the tee then my wedge let me down again). But compensated for by parring two of the other par 3s (including the one I asked about last week) and the par 5 17th. I even got a birdie on the 8th which was a surprise since my wedge into the green barely got the ball airborne.

End result my handicap was unchanged. If the CSS had been course par I think I'd have been cut. In a way that's perfect - much as I'd like my handicap to be below 20 if you're going to get cut it's better to do so off the back of a win :)

(*)Just call me Mr. Ellis. Thankfully the only bad putts of the round.

it has been a while since being mid teen hcp golfer ranging from 13 to 16. to a point, i thought it was what it was. But I don't wanna give up. I wanna be better.

Currently, my hcp is 16 and average score from past 20 rounds is 94.5. 9 out of 20 was below 95. 4 out of 20 was in 80s. my home course (71.5/130) is narrow, hilly and undulated. In other word, very unforgiving. I usually end up losing handful of balls.

I have somewhat been successful with 70% rule and nothing on mind rule but I tend to choke in tournament. Currently working on 30 yds or less chip shots and consistency in driving with driver, 3w and hybrids.

any other advise for me?

it has been a month since I started posting.

Average Score (20 rounds) from 94.5 to 93.4. Hcp down to 15.0.

By incorporating 4-4-4 system (4 GIRs, 4 Par-Save's, and 4 Happy-Birthday holes) and 70% rule, I gain confidence and calmer mind. As a result, I place more balls on fairway and my score improves one round at a time.

On Sunday, I shot 96; 3 GIRs, 0 Par-Save's, 4 Happy-Birthday holes, 2 blow-up holes and 5 lost balls. Yet, my FIR was 64%. At the end of the day, I learned what to do & not to do.

Waddaday!

Early in this thread in the specific context of a strategy to break 90, the suggestion was made (WRT a par 4) to divide the hole in equal halves and plan to play the same club off the tee as into the green. The example given was a 380 yard par 4 which might play as two 6 irons.

I play with a pretty old crowd (am old myself) and it occurred to me that for some if many of these guys were to use that strategy, it would be two drivers for them (not kidding here). Let's call them 'Golfer A'.

OTOH, I recently played with an old friend who turned 70 this year. He is in good physical shape and has always been a serious tennis player but a pretty casual golfer. He is certainly not short off the tee (can probably carry his driver maybe 230) but is pretty erratic off the tee. We'll call him 'Golfer B'.

And what occurred to me is that both A and B would probably struggle to consistently break 90 on a typical 6100 yard par 72 course. And the strategy for A vs B would be completely different.

dave

I MUST make 80%+ of all my putts inside 4 feet. Missing a slippery down hill putt with a bunch of break happens, but straight forward putts have to go in if I'm going to get in the low teens for HC.

The "must make" attitude can only hurt your game. If you ever think "must" while you stand over the ball it will only be a distraction. You should be immersed by trying to make the best possible stroke, and then accept the result no matter what. The "must" attidute will also hurt you on the longer putts - those you don't "must" make. Also "must" tend to take all the fun out of it.

The typical poor putting stroke has a flip somewhere towards the ball, and this has a negative influence on face as well as speed.

Work on the quality of your stroke. IMO the key to a good stroke is that you can feel it in your hands. When the pendulum isn't pure, the pressure will change and move around in your hands during the stroke. Try to eliminate that while you practice. And don't be pleased just because you hole 6 out of 6 from the same spot on the practice green. You will not be able to take it to the course if you can't feel good from bad.

• 3 weeks later...

it has been a while since being mid teen hcp golfer ranging from 13 to 16. to a point, i thought it was what it was. But I don't wanna give up. I wanna be better.

Currently, my hcp is 16 and average score from past 20 rounds is 94.5. 9 out of 20 was below 95. 4 out of 20 was in 80s. my home course (71.5/130) is narrow, hilly and undulated. In other word, very unforgiving. I usually end up losing handful of balls.

I have somewhat been successful with 70% rule and nothing on mind rule but I tend to choke in tournament. Currently working on 30 yds or less chip shots and consistency in driving with driver, 3w and hybrids.

any other advise for me?

By incorporating 4-4-4 system (4 GIRs, 4 Par-Save's, and 4 Happy-Birthday holes) and 70% rule, I gain confidence and calmer mind. As a result, I place more balls on fairway and my score improves one round at a time.

On Sunday, I shot 96; 3 GIRs, 0 Par-Save's, 4 Happy-Birthday holes, 2 blow-up holes and 5 lost balls. Yet, my FIR was 64%. At the end of the day, I learned what to do & not to do.

Waddaday!

What are happy birthday holes?

Play to have a par putt on every hole. Meaning, get on the green in no more than one over regulation.

It will take the pressure off having to hit greens in regulation and make you play smart.

You will make bogies, some pars, and avoid doubles.

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

PING Anser Forged Irons 3-pw
PING Forged wedges
Wilson 8802 Putter

Play to have a par putt on every hole. Meaning, get on the green in no more than one over regulation.

It will take the pressure off having to hit greens in regulation and make you play smart.

You will make bogies, some pars, and avoid doubles.

I agree but disagree. making par every hole is "outcome" based play. the 4-4-4 system is about the "process" based play. way more less pressure

any other advise for me?

Waddaday!

It has been two weeks since the last post. Since then, I had 3 rounds scoring 88,88 and 92.

Average Score (20 rounds) from 93.4 to 93.1. Hcp constant at 15.0.

BUT, here is the YUGE change in Average Score (10 rounds) from 93.7 to 90.6 and AS (5 rounds) from 91.4 to 90.0

Once the 20 round average score goes below 90, I will try 5-5-5 system to break 85.

I think you should figure out the longest club you can hit straight off of a tee. Barely tee it up and try and clip the top of the tee. If it's a 4i, use it every hole. 3 wood? 5 wood? Use it every hole. You're gotta avoid penalty strokes. Hit an extra club into greens and focus on your lag putting, chipping, and pitching. My experience is that guys who comfortably break 90 are better than they think. Take the big misses away. Keep it on the golf course and out of the water. Learn a chunk and run bunker shot, don't get cute.

Breaking 90 is easy you have 18 holes and just need to play bogey golf. If you average 5 shots per hole you will be at 90. Considering there is par 3's and Par 5 they cancel themselves out playing bogey golf.

If you do not have any hole blow ups the chances are good that out of 18 holes your going to par at least a few holes and therefore actually be in the mid 80's. Most people can do this no problem if there motivated I also am assuming you can actually hit your clubs otherwise I would assume you still are trying to break 100.

If your hitting your irons then really only 2 reason it is a problem, The first is you probably not hitting your driver long enough which means your not be playing the correct tees. If you driving far enough and getting on the greens in 3 you have a putting problem and need to practice putting.

I have a good driver hit, but the short game on tough greens is a handful. I play right around 90 and can go up or down depending on how I am hitting it. Now with the weather fluctuating, it will be tougher to get in a groove. I am always searching for the perfect irons......putter....fairway woods.....oh well!

Bag is in overhaul mode

Clubs identify as hacker set

First of all,breaking 90 is NOT easy for the average player who keeps an honest score.The main reason they can't break 90 is that their ballstriking is totally unpredictable and for people to mention course strategy or course management as a possible solution is ludicrous.

If you want to break 90 you'll have to improve your ballstriking consistency no matter how "mechanically sound" or not your swing becomes.Your misses have to become more serviceable.For example,hitting 4 inches behind a tee shot with driver or 3wood causing the face to shut down and completely snap hooking the ball into the water,out of bounds,etc is much worse than hitting it on the heel outside in and ending up in the right rough 40 yds short of your best with the same club.

In order to break 90 your misses have to improve,period ended!

I have had 3 guys ask for help who have never broken 90. I basically caddied for them. The 3 golden rules I have them follow are:

1. Leave the driver at home. Tee off with a 3 wood (or 5 wood if 3 wood is as inconsistent as driver.) unless they actually hit their driver competently;
  2. Whatever club they think they need to hit, club up 1 (sometimes 2) more and swing smooth;
  3. Around the green, keep the ball as low as possible. Putt anytime they can. If they can't putt, putt-chip with a low lofted iron 4, 5, or 6 iron. Never play the high shot.

I give them lines, where to try and miss, and general hole strategy.

2 guys shot sub 90 rounds the first time we did this. It took guy number 3 three tries, but on the 3rd he beat his PB by 8 shots.

Not only do high handicappers hit bad shots, often their course management skills are horrible. "Man, I topped my drive 75 yards. I guess I'll muscle up on a 3 wood to a heavily bunkered green, even though I can hit a solid 3 wood off the deck 20% to 30% of the time and my sand save percentage is sub 10%."

Taylormade Sim2 10.5° (turned down to 9°) - Tensei White 60 stiff

Ping G400 3 and 5 Woods - Diamana D+ Limited 70 stiff

Ping G400 22° Hybrid - Diamana D+ 90 Stiff

Ping i200 5-UW - Modus Tour 105 stiff

Vokey SM4 54° and 58° - DGS-300

Cameron Special Select Newport 2

I have had 3 guys ask for help who have never broken 90. I basically caddied for them. The 3 golden rules I have them follow are:

1. Leave the driver at home. Tee off with a 3 wood (or 5 wood if 3 wood is as inconsistent as driver.) unless they actually hit their driver competently;
  2. Whatever club they think they need to hit, club up 1 (sometimes 2) more and swing smooth;
  3. Around the green, keep the ball as low as possible. Putt anytime they can. If they can't putt, putt-chip with a low lofted iron 4, 5, or 6 iron. Never play the high shot.

2 guys shot sub 90 rounds the first time we did this. It took guy number 3 three tries, but on the 3rd he beat his PB by 8 shots.

Not only do high handicappers hit bad shots, often their course management skills are horrible. "Man, I topped my drive 75 yards. I guess I'll muscle up on a 3 wood to a heavily bunkered green, even though I can hit a solid 3 wood off the deck 20% to 30% of the time and my sand save percentage is sub 10%."

+1 Not sure why us high cappers like to play a game that follows a par/regulation mentality. The last time I played, I was on a par four, I pulled a driver and I was sitting 150 yards away and had a blind shot to the green, I was behind a large mound. On top of that I had a lot of water right. Instead, of playing a safe punch shot with an 8 iron, to be short of the green and the water, I tried a full 6 iron and pushed it in the water. Lost a stroke and my new ball :-(

First of all,breaking 90 is NOT easy for the average player who keeps an honest score.The main reason they can't break 90 is that their ballstriking is totally unpredictable and for people to mention course strategy or course management as a possible solution is ludicrous.

If you want to break 90 you'll have to improve your ballstriking consistency no matter how "mechanically sound" or not your swing becomes.Your misses have to become more serviceable.For example,hitting 4 inches behind a tee shot with driver or 3wood causing the face to shut down and completely snap hooking the ball into the water,out of bounds,etc is much worse than hitting it on the heel outside in and ending up in the right rough 40 yds short of your best with the same club.

In order to break 90 your misses have to improve,period ended!

when it comes to unpredictable ball striking, IMHO, that is every golfer's issue regardless of hcp. If hitting driver/3wood is issue, then drive with hybrid or irons. I think this is the area where 70% rule comes in. You game with your favorite clubs or irons that yield way better success.

@ 400 yd par 4, I drive with 3 hybrid for 220 yds. 180 yrds with 5 hybrid. If I am not confident with 5 hybrid, I would hit 150 yrds or less with irons (very predictable and less mistake). 1 chip and 2 putts. I go home with a bogey (a par for me).

+1 Not sure why us high cappers like to play a game that follows a par/regulation mentality. The last time I played, I was on a par four, I pulled a driver and I was sitting 150 yards away and had a blind shot to the green, I was behind a large mound. On top of that I had a lot of water right. Instead, of playing a safe punch shot with an 8 iron, to be short of the green and the water, I tried a full 6 iron and pushed it in the water. Lost a stroke and my new ball :-(

Not all of us ;)

I have a rule that I generally(*) follow which is to avoid approaching any green from further out than 130 yards, or closer than 70. That often causes me to lay up on longer par 4s or par 5s. And it works - I play to a bogey average if you exclude the blow-up holes. On a good day in summer I can be below 90. But more typically I'm somewhere in the 90s.

(*)But life is short. At the weekend I went for the green on a 420 yard, par 4 with my 3h and the ball ended up on the fringe for two. Unfortunately I hadn't done any putting practice prior to the round (it was only a casual with a mate) so I ended up three putting :-/

While I'm fortunately no longer in the trying-to-break-90 camp, I remember how frustrating that stage of my golf progression was. I feel for you guys, and those who say "well just don't hit the clubs you can't hit consistently" just really don't really get it. In my case when I was shooting mid-90s it wasn't because I didn't have the shots or that there were certain clubs I couldn't hit consistently, it was more like every shot I hit was a game of Russian Roulette. I might hit a beautiful 6i from 185 into the green on the 6th only to blade a soft 9i from 140 20 yards over the green on the 7th. Then on the 8th I'd be in the greenside rough in regulation, lay sod over one, and then catch one thin and leave it 30ft past the hole on the next.

You really just can't course manage for that kind of stuff. In my case it wasn't that I was attempting stupid shots with a 2/10 success rate, it was that even the easiest of shots could still fail spectacularly 2 or 3 times out of 10. If you are like I was (and I think a fair number are) the only way to get past it consistently isn't to learn to play around your weaknesses, it's to learn to hit the ball in a reasonably consistent fashion so that you don't have to worry about the spots on the course that the designer never figured would be in play.

While I'm fortunately no longer in the trying-to-break-90 camp, I remember how frustrating that stage of my golf progression was. I feel for you guys, and those who say "well just don't hit the clubs you can't hit consistently" just really don't really get it. In my case when I was shooting mid-90s it wasn't because I didn't have the shots or that there were certain clubs I couldn't hit consistently, it was more like every shot I hit was a game of Russian Roulette. I might hit a beautiful 6i from 185 into the green on the 6th only to blade a soft 9i from 140 20 yards over the green on the 7th. Then on the 8th I'd be in the greenside rough in regulation, lay sod over one, and then catch one thin and leave it 30ft past the hole on the next.

You really just can't course manage for that kind of stuff. In my case it wasn't that I was attempting stupid shots with a 2/10 success rate, it was that even the easiest of shots could still fail spectacularly 2 or 3 times out of 10. If you are like I was (and I think a fair number are) the only way to get past it consistently isn't to learn to play around your weaknesses, it's to learn to hit the ball in a reasonably consistent fashion so that you don't have to worry about the spots on the course that the designer never figured would be in play.

Amen to this. The only way to shoot lower scores consistently is to actually get better. Low-hanging fruit are putting and chipping, those can usually be improved fastest, but there's a limit to how many strokes you can save that way. Long term, learning how to make consistently better full-swing shots is the way to improve. Fewer bad shots, and the bad shots are less horrible.

Amen to this. The only way to shoot lower scores consistently is to actually get better. Low-hanging fruit are putting and chipping, those can usually be improved fastest, but there's a limit to how many strokes you can save that way. Long term, learning how to make consistently better full-swing shots is the way to improve. Fewer bad shots, and the bad shots are less horrible.

I agree with this. While there are some golfers who leave strokes on the course due to consistently bad decisions, in my experience this is not the norm out there. Most are shooting 'bad scores' because they hit bad shots and hitting bad shots 'somewhere else' or 'bad shots with different clubs or line of play' really isn't the answer here. Not always, but mostly (at least with the guys I play with).

dave

Spot on Dave.

94 last Sunday.

Par on 2 par 3s and 1 par 5.

8 bogeys, 7 doubles and 1 treble.

6 single putts, 10 x 2 putts and 2 x 3 putts - 32 in all plus 1 extra putt from off the putting surface.

That's 8 shots lost from not being able to bogey a hole.

All comments are made from the point of
view of my learning and not a claim
to expertise.

The key takeaway that I see from this thread is that there is no "best" strategy to break 90....everyone is different. Conventional wisdom is that most people who shoot in the mid- to high-80s and sometimes fail to break 90 have problems w/ their driver and that is the main/primary culprit. And I'm sure for some folks, that IS the case....for them, the divide the hole by 2 strategy may be a good one. It would be an epic fail for me...I usually hit AT LEAST 50% of the fairways, w/ my avg. being 67% (or 9.5 out of every 14), and even the missed F'ways are in play. I simply don't get up and down enough, and waste too many shots w/ duffed chips, 3 putts, and penalty strokes (the absolute no-nos of breaking scoring barriers). The 80 barrier for me is simply to get up and down 2x more per round, eliminate 2 3-putts per round, eliminate 2-chips, and quit dropping 2 shots/round w/ poor decisions on iron shots....eliminating the 2-3 doubles every round. If you combine those things w/ the avg. 7 GIR/round, then I can break 80 pretty consistently, even though I don't make many birdies at all.

For the 90s barrier, as I said, different strategies for different players. But I'd think the most comprehensive would be this, assuming you're decent w/ driver/3 wood off the tee (if you're not, this strategy w/ 5W or hybrid off the tee is still legit). Choose a conservative, fat target off the tee and make an aggressive swing to it, or at least have a playable mistake. In the case of the latter, hit your "pet club" to a "pet yardage" to set up an easy shot for your 3rd (on par 4s, which there are 10 of them). If you hit the fairway, play to the safest part of the green or just around it w/ the longest club you have confidence hitting....you'll hit a few greens, and your misses will give you reasonable chipping/pitching opportunities. NEVER challenge a hazard, and never challenge a greenside bunker if breaking 90 is the goal, with anything longer than your best short iron....eliminate doubles and triples, and the task gets monumentally easier. And ANYTIME (especially w/ today's modern agronomy) that you have a chance to put the putter on the ball when you miss a green, DO IT; the "Texas wedge" is your best friend! And work on your putting (on the green) to where it's a strength....it's by far the least physically demanding skill in the game. Eliminating 3 putts is the fastest way to lower scores, without ANY skillset improvement in ball-striking.

I agree with this. While there are some golfers who leave strokes on the course due to consistently bad decisions, in my experience this is not the norm out there. Most are shooting 'bad scores' because they hit bad shots and hitting bad shots 'somewhere else' or 'bad shots with different clubs or line of play' really isn't the answer here. Not always, but mostly (at least with the guys I play with).

dave

First of all, I admire your neighborhood. What a historical place. If I can trade Southern California weather with you, it would be heaven.

Most of hackers like myself normally do not practice. So bad shots are norm of round. In addition, bad decision making adds more strokes on the scorecard.

However, lately I have been able to break 90s multiple times using 4-4-4 system along with placing balls in safer & fatter part of course, 70% rule and no score adding till the end of the round. I still have bad shots in every round but now they are manageable, not fatal. It is all done without spending time at range like the title of this thread.

Now that my next goal is to break 85 consistently, I must spend some time at driving range at least few hours a week.

dave

First of all, I admire your neighborhood. What a historical place. If I can trade Southern California weather with you, it would be heaven.

Most of hackers like myself normally do not practice. So bad shots are norm of round. In addition, bad decision making adds more strokes on the scorecard.

However, lately I have been able to break 90s multiple times using 4-4-4 system along with placing balls in safer & fatter part of course, 70% rule and no score adding till the end of the round. I still have bad shots in every round but now they are manageable, not fatal. It is all done without spending time at range like the title of this thread.

Now that my next goal is to break 85 consistently, I must spend some time at driving range at least few hours a week.

What is the 4-4-4 system?