Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

While that swing isn’t near 125-129, more like 118-120, the F9 does show promise.

Why do people find it so impossible to believe there actually are many people out there that can flirt with 130 mph?

You think your eye can tell by watching a video that Alex isn’t swinging high 120’s? That’s just ridiculous.

No one would ever imagine Champ swings 130 without measuring equipment.

Oh I know there are. He, however, isn’t one of them.

Can I tell by eye? Somewhat, because I see it everyday first-hand. Can I tell by his 174-176 ballspeed? Absolutely.

Ha, I was just typing that point out :) I think the AboutGolf sim is accurate in measuring ball speed, swing speed not so much.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

While that swing isn’t near 125-129, more like 118-120, the F9 does show promise.

Why do people find it so impossible to believe there actually are many people out there that can flirt with 130 mph?

You think your eye can tell by watching a video that Alex isn’t swinging high 120’s? That’s just ridiculous.

No one would ever imagine Champ swings 130 without measuring equipment.

Oh I know there are. He, however, isn’t one of them.

Can I tell by eye? Somewhat, because I see it everyday first-hand. Can I tell by his 174-176 ballspeed? Absolutely.

Ha, I was just typing that point out :) I think the AboutGolf sim is accurate in measuring ball speed, swing speed not so much.

Yep! It says at the end 174-176 ballspeed. IMO, Pretty much the only thing that’s universally accurate INDOOR is ballspeed. We all know 174-176 ballspeed doesn’t equate to upper 120’s clubhead unless the head is significantly low CT, a miss hit, or really crappy balls.

But don’t want to get off the subject of the thread!

The F9 definitely does look to be promising. Just in general. I never hit the f8, or f7, as the last model I hit was the Ltd.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

176 average on 7 swings with one terrible mishit and one mediocre hit. If average smash is 1.39 then 127 mph yelids 176 ball speed.

Whatever the case, niether of us has any idea how good or bad Golfbox’s launch monitor actually is so I guess it’s irrelevant.

The point of the video was to compare the two heads and it does that reasonably well.

I always have to remember as well that his distance numbers are in meters. His “275 carry” is nearly 300 yards.

176 average on 7 swings with one terrible mishit and one mediocre hit. If average smash is 1.39 then 127 mph yelids 176 ball speed.

Whatever the case, niether of us has any idea how good or bad Golfbox’s launch monitor actually is so I guess it’s irrelevant.

The point of the video was to compare the two heads and it does that reasonably well.

I always have to remember as well that his distance numbers are in meters. His “275 carry” is nearly 300 yards.

I wonder why they measure speed in mph and distance in meters.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

IIRC that specific launch monitor caps and/or assumes a weird smash factor on driver. It does get ball speed correct but not swing speed. Alex does smash the ball but he's closer to the 120-121mph on the club head speed in reality. If he was getting good contact and really swinging 128, he'd hopefully be seeing speeds closer to 185-188mph and carry closer to 320-325 yards.

F9 does look like a minor improvement over F8+ though.

^ what he said.

Piretti Savona 

If the F9 driver replicates the sound and feel of the LTD but with lower spin, better speed and high MOI, it will be an absolute killer.

Gamed ltd pro since release. That's asking a bit much dude! For how forgiving it is especially low on the face, asking for more is basically illegal driver.

If you've got a low/mid launch low spin premium shaft and need the Ltd pro to spin even less...I just don't even know lol

Well, technically, being a killer is illegal so I guess it's true!

Seriously though the LTD was a very good all around driver. Maybe if I went back to it now after a couple years with different shafts I've come to try it would make it stand out for me more.

Also if he LTD had a little bit of adjustability for flight bias. My LTD pro has such a fight lie and my best strikes were cuts that, at my speed, would turn into hard cuts and I'd lose right.

I agree ltd pro for me just bleeds to the right. I had the ltd pro, f8plus and the new f9 head on trackman yesterday all with an ahina 60x and the f9 was 2-3mph better ball speeds and I didn't bleed it right. The rep told me the ltd cog and f9 cog are about the same, true zero cog. F8plus was not a zero cog driver head and the cog for ltd pro was very fade bias. Spin on f9 and ltd was similar low to mid 2000s f9 launched higher.F9 is a real winner the face has also changed a little according to the rep. I couldn't get anything in the store to beat it out. Only thing I'm not thrilled with is the head shape. Price point will be better than ping, titleist, callaway. He told me $549cdn.

If the F9 driver replicates the sound and feel of the LTD but with lower spin, better speed and high MOI, it will be an absolute killer.

Gamed ltd pro since release. That's asking a bit much dude! For how forgiving it is especially low on the face, asking for more is basically illegal driver.

If you've got a low/mid launch low spin premium shaft and need the Ltd pro to spin even less...I just don't even know lol

Seriously though the LTD was a very good all around driver. Maybe if I went back to it now after a couple years with different shafts I've come to try it would make it stand out for me more.

Also if he LTD had a little bit of adjustability for flight bias. My LTD pro has such a fight lie and my best strikes were cuts that, at my speed, would turn into hard cuts and I'd lose right.

I agree ltd pro for me just bleeds to the right. I had the ltd pro, f8plus and the new f9 head on trackman yesterday all with an ahina 60x and the f9 was 2-3mph better ball speeds and I didn't bleed it right. The rep told me the ltd cog and f9 cog are about the same, true zero cog. F8plus was not a zero cog driver head and the cog for ltd pro was very fade bias. Spin on f9 and ltd was similar low to mid 2000s f9 launched higher.F9 is a real winner the face has also changed a little according to the rep. I couldn't get anything in the store to beat it out. Only thing I'm not thrilled with is the head shape. Price point will be better than ping, titleist, callaway. He told me $549cdn.

So the F9 is essentially the LTD with better aerodynamic properties?

Time to make some turbulator tape for my ol' LTD.

So the F9 is essentially the LTD with better aerodynamic properties?

Time to make some turbulator tape for my ol' LTD.

Yes, more ballspeed not so fade biased. F9 felt lighter in headweight, I had the weight on the f9 in the front. The turbulator system has moved back 1inch on the crown as well. I was told they're would be a yellow and white version the only difference on the crown is the alignment snake is white or yellow.

The fairway wood has a couple of different color schemes one being a matte finish. One very compact and the other more traditional size.

I got a chance to hit both models yesterday on a simulator. Currently gaming the F8+ and I find the F9 to be extremely similar. My swing speed is around 117 avg for a reference.

Face is identical. I hit the higher lofted model in Black/White with a HZRDUS Smoke 6.5. Love the look of the crown of this model...more matte finish than gloss. My miss is left and this model is more neutral or draw bias depending on loft setting. Launched a little high for my liking at 10.5 but was no slouch. Mid 2,000 spin #'s and solid carry.

The Black and Yellow model had a Atmos Black X flex. This thing was a rocket! Sits a little more open which for me is crucial. Perfect launch and spin anywhere from 1800-2100. Nearly 7-8 more yards of carry over the Black/White model above. Cannot wait to get this in my bag!

Posted this on the other thread as well.

Good news for us shorter driver fans. Since I play my driver short I asked CS about weight options for the F9. Got this response:

Jag,

Thank you for your email!

The F9 driver will come with a stock weight of 14g along with a smaller 2G weight and you will have the option of purchasing 2G, 4G, 8G, 14G or 18G weights on our website once it launches.

Thank you for choosing Cobra Puma Golf and have a wonderful day,

Rina

I got a chance to hit both models yesterday on a simulator. Currently gaming the F8+ and I find the F9 to be extremely similar. My swing speed is around 117 avg for a reference.

Face is identical. I hit the higher lofted model in Black/White with a HZRDUS Smoke 6.5. Love the look of the crown of this model...more matte finish than gloss. My miss is left and this model is more neutral or draw bias depending on loft setting. Launched a little high for my liking at 10.5 but was no slouch. Mid 2,000 spin #'s and solid carry.

The Black and Yellow model had a Atmos Black X flex. This thing was a rocket! Sits a little more open which for me is crucial. Perfect launch and spin anywhere from 1800-2100. Nearly 7-8 more yards of carry over the Black/White model above. Cannot wait to get this in my bag!

That's good to hear. I can't wait to try it.

I thought the yellow and white were the same head? Just 2 different color options.

Piretti Savona 

once again I believe Cobra screws up with the marketing of a new driver. Why is this not available soon after the press release and before Xmas. I don't get it.

I actually had been thinking the same thing for a while now. Why not have it available before Christmas?

They’d certainly sell a few thousand units just as Christmas gifts. It would’ve been on my list. Strange.

These things look McLaren like, I cant get behind it personally. Theres something about being able to look down at a club that is aesthetically appealing and this just doesnt meet the yes desire.

I don’t care about the bottom but I agree the top is awfully darn busy. I wish there was less crap on the crown. If it works I guess ill learn to ignore it.

I set up to this driver and it’s not nearly as bad as you might think. Actually it sets up pretty darn sweet! Once mine arrives I will probably send it to Continental for a matte clear coat.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I thought the yellow and white were the same head? Just 2 different color options.

There is a 9, a 10.5, and a 12.5 degree head with this model. The 12.5 seems to be only in “ladies” colors.

I have seen pictures of both 9 and 10.5 in both colors.

I think they actually have a 12.5 this year in male color ways...could always get the junior head if you needed more loft as well

Under construction....

once again I believe Cobra screws up with the marketing of a new driver. Why is this not available soon after the press release and before Xmas. I don't get it.

I actually had been thinking the same thing for a while now. Why not have it available before Christmas?

They’d certainly sell a few thousand units just as Christmas gifts. It would’ve been on my list. Strange.

Yes you would think they would want a healthy lead on the big boys TM and Callaway (& now quite simply Ping) with their launch..

Under construction....

• 2 weeks later...

Big fan of cobra drivers as gamed the Fly Z+ and LTD Pro. Tried the F8+ for a few rounds and while I liked the feel and dispersion, the trajectory and spin was higher than the LTD Pro and didn't work for me. Looks like the lofts on the F9 and COG are lower than the F8+ and am interested if other noticed a lower trajectory on the F9?