NEW!! Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft

fatrambo

I picked up this one today. It is a great stick. Sits well & produces excellent roll.

Lovely looking putter. I may have to pick one of these up. Does it have a little less toe hang than a standard Anser?

Thanks. Toe hang is just past 8 o’clock

Just wondering, did you by any chance make a typo when you mentioned that it has about an 8 o clock toe hang? I am basing this on the fact that a standard toe hang of an Anser is about 4:30. Unless you are saying 8 o clock as if it were left handed. Thanks.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold S300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up this one today. It is a great stick. Sits well & produces excellent roll.

Lovely looking putter. I may have to pick one of these up. Does it have a little less toe hang than a standard Anser?

Just wondering, did you by any chance make a typo when you mentioned that it has about an 8 o clock toe hang? I am basing this on the fact that a standard toe hang of an Anser is about 4:30. Unless you are saying 8 o clock as if it were left handed. Thanks.

You’re correct. My bad. It has a bit more toe hang than my Anser-style blades.

Titleist TSr2 w/ HZRDUS Smoke

Cobra BioCell+ 3W Aldila Tour Green

Cally Razr Hawk 7W Aldila Tour Green

Wilson Staff C200 w/ KBS 115’s
Cleveland DSG 52 & 58
TP Hydroblast Chaska
...all subject to “adjustment” per WRX societal norms...

You’re correct. My bad. It has a bit more toe hang than my Anser-style blades.

Thanks for that. That is interesting. Does that lead us to believe so that this putter is more suited to a strong arc?

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

For the first time in a good while, I have ordered a putter blindly. I pulled the trigger on the HB Soft 8.5. I am quite happy with my Tyne H but for so long, I wanted a putter that has a plumbers neck, wide Anser style, sight line on the top line, milled face and face tech. I am under no impression that the face tech will knock many strokes off my card. However, correct me if I am mistaken, but I do not think there has ever been a putter that has ticked the 5 boxes that I have mentioned above. I will be waiting excitedly for this one to arrive.

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

For the first time in a good while, I have ordered a putter blindly. I pulled the trigger on the HB Soft 8.5. I am quite happy with my Tyne H but for so long, I wanted a putter that has a plumbers neck, wide Anser style, sight line on the top line, milled face and face tech. I am under no impression that the face tech will knock many strokes off my card. However, correct me if I am mistaken, but I do not think there has ever been a putter that has ticked the 5 boxes that I have mentioned above. I will be waiting excitedly for this one to arrive.

I have never seen one! This does tick all of my boxes. I have one on order as well and can't wait for it to get in. I have a feeling it will be either the CS or the 8.5. My son and I both putted with the previous deep milled Huntington's and I swear by them. Cost, finish, feel...they are pound for pound the most underrated putters out there.

Can anyone post a pic of their model 11 with a ball at address?

Here you go, it does seem to resemble Justin Thomas' scotty a lot. I'm a big fan so far. I should also note that I had the HB1 prior and I like the face more on the SOFT. It actually feels a bit more firm to me, I think the SOFT name is throwing people off.

Here you go, it does seem to resemble Justin Thomas' scotty a lot. I'm a big fan so far. I should also note that I had the HB1 prior and I like the face more on the SOFT. It actually feels a bit more firm to me, I think the SOFT name is throwing people off.

I see you have installed a PINGman on it. How does the light grip feel with the heavy 370g head?

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

I see you have installed a PINGman on it. How does the light grip feel with the heavy 370g head?

Definitely feeling the head more than my other putters. It took me a few rounds to get used to it but I now feel like I've got the stroke down where I just let the head do the work which helps me not get too handsy. I would say it's just light enough at 33'' to be manageable for me personally. Yesterday I walked Torrey Pines South and the only moment where I noticeably had to think about my stroke due to the heavy head was at the end (hole 15 on) because of overall fatigue. Early in the round it didn't bother me at all.

If it was a bit lighter it would probably be the perfect putter for me but it's still good enough for me to carry in my bag until something else knocks it out. I've started looking over at my BB29 and thinking if I want to trade it in.

edit: But in terms of my arcing stroke, the hosel / toe hang with the grip is great. I wanted to like the original HB11 but it didn't quite feel "right". The SOFT 11 is close to the 1 in terms of closure rate for me, I could use either one with my stroke comfortably. But it feels like I setup with the 11 better.

I was just doing my nightly browse on the golf sites and I came across Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft putters. It looks like they came out with a few different head styles, and my favorite, the #11 with a slant neck. Does anyone have any more information about these?

https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/golf-clubs/putters/#/?profile_id=37f7c29832fddaff2d8698a8a01f5ba7&session_id=1837b98e-d67f-11e8-8ed8-0242ac110002&authorized_profile_id=&Searchcat1=Putters&Gender=Mens&Dexterity=Right&search_return=all&Brand=Cleveland+Golf

That's a sweet looking putter - I'm asking Santa to if he'll bring me a 34" for Christmas!

Any updates on how it’s going? I’m looking to pick an 8.5 but can’t find them anywhere so a purchase would be sight unseen.

I still like it A LOT. I’ve had a few practice sessions in and one round. Distance control is very good, with a great roll. Feel is great. I’m confined to my indoor putting green right now, however. I’m a HS basketball coach and live in Mid-MO (currently its 20 degrees with snow)...which means only late evening golf practice. I would say get it. It is a small investment compared to other putters.

Cleveland DSG 52 & 58
TP Hydroblast Chaska

My #11 center shaft came in today and I must say it feels really nice on the carpet. The head size/shape is about the best looking of any of the winged mallets made by any of the companies in my opinion. I hope to get it on the putting green to compare it to my 7s this week. I was worried about the heavy head but it feels very balanced and the face feels fantastic in the initial carpet run. I thought I would for sure put a counter core grip on it to start like my 7s but I'm going to give it a go with the stock set up for a bit

hard to believe such a nice looking and feeling putter was so cheap

I hit the Ping, Cleveland, Taylormade, and Odyssey fangs yesterday. I was really impressed with the Cleveland. I ended up buying the Odyssey O-Works Versa #7 on a really good sale for the same price as the Cleveland would have been but had it not been for the huge discount I would have gotten the Cleveland #11. It was a really tough decision even with the discount. Honestly the Cleveland is a great putter. I wasn۪۪t very impressed with the Ping, the face just didn۪t have the same feel as the Cleveland and Odyssey to me. And the Taylormade was similar. I felt like my touch and control were amazing with the Cleveland and Odyssey and the way the ball rolled off the face was great. I was nailing puts at 3, 6, 9 feet and did some 15 foot۪ lags and kept the ball really tight around the hole and sank a bunch. Def check them all out for you cause its so subjective but to me the Cleveland is a great value and really well made Putter. I might end up grabbing one later if I have the spare $.

Has anybody hit these Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT putters and compared them to the Ping Sigma 2 faces. I love the idea of the tech in the faces, but would like to hear opinions on how they feel compared to each other.

I bought a sigma 2 kushin c and liked the feel of the face and looks of the head but did not like the balance of the putter so I sent it back since a counter balance grip could not be installed. I got a SOFT 11c this week and like it very much. 1 trip to the putting green and i have already ripped off the stock grip in favor of a counter core mid slim 2.0 that I prefer. The face on the cleveland is a touch firmer but it feels great and lines up nice and I love the head shape.

Hopefully the balance of the putter will be what I want with the counter core. I am going to try a 25 gram and 50 gram weight and see which is better

Like a few others I ordered the #1 SOFT sight unseen. It arrived yesterday and initial impressions are the fit and finish are great. To me, it lines up behind the ball like every other Anser style putter. The feel and roll however are much different. Like Unteachable said it has a slightly firm feel (comparing to my other Cleveland, Odyssey and Ping putters) but still soft on contact, but not so soft that your speed is negatively affected. On purposely off-center strikes the ball rolls surprisingly straight, which to me is a huge win since mallets (i.e. #6) are my preference...but the #6 isn't made in LH. The stock grip is ok - size is good but the top side is missing a flat area like the SS grips. I'm up in the air of what it gets changed to, if at all.

Signature!

Went to golfdom and tried the line. The grip is...ugh. I wanted to love the 8.5 but it set up a little odd to me and I kept pulling it. The 11 is probably the star of the line in my opinion but all I have is flow necks and I want to try a plumber neck. That being said, the #1 rolled the ball well and lined up better than most anser styles I’ve tried. Most ansers set up closed to my eye but the #1 didn’t, so finding the cup was pretty easy/consistent.

I like the idea of the face tech and cg placement but my v1 Cleveland classic#3 actually feels better even though the 304 steel is supposed to feel softer. I’d pull the trigger on the #1 but RBG isn’t including it in any of the holiday discounts. :/

F6 baffler
MP54
T7/S18/eye2XG Lob
Classic #3

must not buy the 11..... It's calling to me

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

Went to golfdom and tried the line. The grip is...ugh. I wanted to love the 8.5 but it set up a little odd to me and I kept pulling it. The 11 is probably the star of the line in my opinion but all I have is flow necks and I want to try a plumber neck. That being said, the #1 rolled the ball well and lined up better than most anser styles I’ve tried. Most ansers set up closed to my eye but the #1 didn’t, so finding the cup was pretty easy/consistent.

I like the idea of the face tech and cg placement but my v1 Cleveland classic#3 actually feels better even though the 304 steel is supposed to feel softer. I’d pull the trigger on the #1 but RBG isn’t including it in any of the holiday discounts. :/

I was the same, but opposite. I needed the extra toe-hang of the 8.5. Hated the grip, so I changed it out. Sits great behind the ball, and rolls true. Great value for a putter.

Cleveland DSG 52 & 58
TP Hydroblast Chaska

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing around with the SOFT 8.5 that I purchased for the last couple of weeks. Here are my findings. The feel is pretty good. Slight mishits off the toe and heel appear to roll out just as much if you hit it dead centre. The performance is very similar to the PING TR grooves IMHO.

I feel in general that deep milling takes the feel away and for that reason, I will be parting ways with it. Once again, it is a decent putter. Like many have said, bang for buck, you will not get much better than this range from Cleveland. I am a big Cleveland fan. I had Cleveland Classic 1 which was in my bag for approximately 3 years.

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

For those of you who've purchased (and hopefully played with) the 11c, any feedback yet??

2 rounds on the 11c for me. I hit the center of the face more often with this than any other putter I have ever had I think, but it is super soft on the center, even with a zstarxv. I tend to hit long lags of the heel with any putter, including this one, and it rolls good.

i removed the stock grip in favor of a mid slim 2.0 counter core with a 25 gram weight added and it feels much better and more balanced than the stock grip.

It sets up better to my eye than most putters I have tried, but I have not made any more putts with it than my previous putter. I haven't had many 3 putts which is good, but I have had trouble getting the ball to the hole. Super soft.

The head shape is probably the best for a center shaft in my opinion that i have looked down on. I also feel like it is pretty easy to aim.

Im giving it a few more rounds to see if I can get the ball rolling more. If it were more firm on center contact it would be perfect.

Im coming from a 7s, which I putted well with, and this is my first real go with a center shaft in many years, so I am making a pretty big change.

It is a very nice putter for the price