Guys that shoot under par. What clubs?

BiggErn

My tools. Not - every time ..

How do you like that f8+? What shaft is in it?

I enjoy it and recommend giving it a try. It beat out my 05 burner ! Graphite Design Di

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

I'm currently a 0.4 (been playing pretty poorly the last few months), and have two under par rounds and one par round in my last 20. To balance that, I have three rounds in the low 80s LOL. Inconsistent year for me.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD DS72 34.5"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

Motivated by my improving 13yo son I had a great year playing with the same equipment I’ve had for awhile except I finally stopped using my G25 driver all the time. Only play it now on TIGHT courses

M1 OLD Speeder TX or G25 same shaft but has Oversized grip

SLDR 15* 3 wood stock X

AP1 3 iron Dynamic Golf x100

Adams CB2 KBS Tour 90 S shafts (5-PW)

Cobra 50* gap PUR S400

Cleveland 56* FTX modified Wedge Stock shaft

All my wedges are the same length

64* PM Callaway (only carry in tournament play on certain types of courses)

Putter is a rotation between STX Model 8, a Scotty Caliente, or Grace Dalehead

Ball Chrome Soft

I play to a +3

Play mizuno MMC which are more forgiving than the jpx 900 tours I played last year mizuno is the best iron IMO.

Ping g400 woods and hybrids

Volley wedges since forever, never changing

Putters I fiddle around with but always some kind of Newport 2 style blade.

Key to good golf is keeping it in play off the tee (despite the drive for show putt for dough saying - although more to come on putting ha); surviving the par 3s; being really good inside 125 yards and making all your 5’ and inside putts. If you don’t have a go to shot/club every 5 yards starting at 125 and in that’s a problem.

I missed probably 4 birdie putts (and 2 par putts) from inside of 5’ yesterday (our greens are punched so that is my awful excuse) and shot 73. I make half of those I’m under par; I roll it well and make most of those I shoot 68; I make everything and we are getting into really low numbers. Had one round at 65 this year. Generally it revolves around hitting it close from 125 and in and rolling it

TM SIM 9*
TM SIM Titanium 3wd 15*
Adams Super 9031 Hybrids 20/23*
Titleist U500 4 Iron
Titleist T100 5-9
Vokey 46,52,56,60
Scotty Carbon Circle T Newport 2 Tri-Sole

5 years ago, When I was actually playing really well (for me) and I was in the +2 handicap range I was playing a set of mizuno mp68 irons. Sold those for AP2s and never have brought my game back. I went thru 8 sets of irons over the 3 years after I sold the Mizunos and finally settled on a set of Srixon z965s. I think those under par days are coming back, my birdies are going up as my proximity to the hole is going thru the roof and it’s leading to confidence across my game.

My big advice to anyone who to score well, find something you are comfortable and confident with and stick with it and don’t even think about getting another set. Once I started to feel comfortable and trust that these Srixons were the right clubs for me then my scores started getting lower

Best stretch of golf I played in the past five years were with Srixon 965’s and C Taper Lite X flex shafts, soft-stepped once. So of course I sold them. Have played several supposedly more forgiving heads and not as well. Funny how some setups just fit.

Yeah a set you’re comfortable with is worth it’s weight in gold. I’m really particular about how clubs feels thru the swing, at impact and how they look to at address. If all those parts don’t feel comfortable then my confidence really wanes as I am more focused on the equipment than my target or hitting the ball. It’s just another thing to get distracted by and would make me wonder and wait for confirmation whil I was playing that I didn’t like the set. I probably have a ton of mental problems while I am playing ;) but having equipment I trust at least eliminates one :)

I play to a +3

Key to good golf is keeping it in play off the tee (despite the drive for show putt for dough saying - although more to come on putting ha); surviving the par 3s; being really good inside 125 yards and making all your 5’ and inside putts. If you don’t have a go to shot/club every 5 yards starting at 125 and in that’s a problem.

Gospel truth right here! This is great list of targets for mid-high handicappers looking to drastically drop strokes and for those look to make the jump from low cap to a plus cap shooting under par. I am finally starting to get it back but, when you can get up and down from anywhere it’s a huge confidence booster, especially when you know if you put the chip/pitch shot to within 7 feet, you are making the putt.

Also, never act like you are out of a hole but keep pushing forward and treat each shot with your best strategy (no hero shots). I think a lot of people will be surprised how often they can save par with a solid approach shot and a 1 putt

I would say, look at the web.com and PGA players that were on Nike stafff...and what they switched to. For the most part, the majority went with Taylormade Woods, Mizuno or Titleist irons, Vokey Wedges and Scotty putter.

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

I can play with anything. I maxed out at about a +5. Never could take it to tournaments. Floating around a +2.

I used Hogan blades, persimmon woods, and an 8802 putter exclusively growing up. But here's what i've used the last 10 years.

Driver: I'm partial to Ping Drivers. Had the iST Ti, Anser, G30 LST and now G400 LST (sounds great)

3-wood: Exotics CB2 for a long time, now TM M1. I preferred the CB2

hybrid/Driving iron: Ping i15 hybrid for a long time. Now using TM Tour Preferred 2 iron. I'm going to bend it to 16 degrees though. Goes too high.

irons: I change every 2 years. Ping i3, Ping i25, Mizzy MP-69, JPX Tour, now Ping i500

wedges: always Vokey. Top out at a 58 degree.

putter: Everything you can imagine. I use old putters, but I rotate all the time. Now back to my Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Oil Can

And I agree with what those above said. Driving it straight and over 250 will make you a single digit. Putting and chipping it good will get you to par or better. To be a Tour level player, the next step is hitting it close way more than a +2 to +5 does. Those guys are laser like from 125 - 225.

Woods: Taylormade M1 2017 (Driver at 9.5 and 3W at 16.5, both with Wishon Black 85X shafts)

Irons: 714 AP2 (X100) *Probably switching these out*

Wedges: SM6/SM7

Putter: Rife 2-Bar

Rogue ST Max LS (8.0), Tensei CK Pro White 70TX 

Cobra Aerojet (14.5), Tensei CK Pro White 70TX

TSi2 (18, A1), Tensei AV Raw White 85TX

U85 (22), X100

i210 (5-UW), X100

Glide 3.0 (54.12SS, 60.06TS)

35” Daddy Long Legs

Srixon Z-Star XV

Woods:

Driver - Cobra F8+ - 8.5*, weight forward, Hzdrus Black 75g 6.5

3 wood - Titleist 915 13.5* adapter standard, flowerband whiteboard 83x

5 wood - Titlesit 915 18* adapter standard, flowerband whiteboard 83x

-> either play with 5wd or 3i, depending on course

Irons:

Driving iron: Started season with Titleist 712U 2i picked up:

Ping i500 3iron - KBS c-taper 130x

4+5 iron: Mizuno mp60 - KBS c-taper 130x

6-9 iron: Mizuno mp68 - KBS c-taper 130x (on my 3rd set of these)

*note* - looking to move away from c-tapers, I`m a golfer who likes to hit shapes and different trajectories and struggled with these shafts, just seemed to go too straight (go figure)

Wedges:

Titleist Sm7:

- 46.10F chrome, x100

- 52.12F brushed steel, x100

- 56.14F brushed steel, s400

- 60.12D brushed steel, s400. with a little hand grinding

Putter:

Seemore Nashville z1c ss black

http://www.seemore.c...c-ss-black.html

Ball:

Srixon z-star

Edit: Spelling

I had about 25 under par rounds including 10 tournament rounds under par this year. I used an Epic driver, Mizuno CLK 16 degree, Callaway X2hot pro 21 degree, 4-gw Cobra Forged Tec, Mizuno s18 wedges and Odyssey 7 putter.

Just got a whole new set with most clubs custom fitted.

M4 driver UST ProForce V2 6F4

M2 2016 3 wood Hzrdus Black 75g 6.0

Mizuno CLK 18 degree with Speeder

Taylormade P760 4-pw KBS C-taper lite 110 stiff

Edel wedges 52,56,60

Taylormade Spider Tour Plumbers Neck

TP5X golf ball

I am a plus cap, but I don't know about shoot under par more times than not. Haha. If that qualifies to answer, see below.

Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour Issue 8.5

Aldila Tour ATX Green 70tx

Taylormade 2016 M2 Deep Face Tour Issue TS

Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 80tx

Taylormade UDI TP #3

Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White Hyb 100tx

Taylormade UDI TP #4

KBS C-TAPER 130x

Taylormade P790 5-PW

KBS C-TAPER 130x

Taylormade Milled Grind 50

KBS C-TAPER 130x

Taylormade Milled Grind 54

KBS C-TAPER 125 S+

Taylormade EF 58 degree

KBS C-TAPER 125 S+

Taylormade Spider Limited

Between my slightly above or below par rounds equipment had nothing to do with it....made a few more putts, maybe chipped one in, cpl lucky breaks....it doesn't take much to go either side of par

Check out chicks on LPGA tour.....they play everything and course lengths, driving distances more similar to most here.....

If your already shooting low numbers you most likely have clubs relative to your game or preference already.....

But yeah to find peeps in + handicap range gonna be small small group....and even then their clubs will range

Thread is more out of curiosity than trying to prove anything about good golfers using certain clubs. I agree the types of clubs will be all over the spectrum.

so you already have your answer, what's the point?.....its always more about the golfer than his equipment

Here’s what I’m going to use to shoot under par today.

Rogue 9.8 Aldila rogue black 80tx

17 m1 14.5 ADDI 8x

Bridgestone tour B XD-H 18 ADDI 105x

I500 4-Pw modus 130x

Vokey raw 50F 54 60 M modus 130s

Red spider

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Just look at what the PGA Tour & Web.com Tour players are playing...

No, might look at what the players not under contract are playing. But tour players are not comparable to 99.99% of the people here.

Then look at the LPGA Tour. In overall distance and swing speed they are far more comparable to most people on this website.

In their bags you'll see a larger range of club head sizes, lighter weight shafts, more hybrids, etc.

They could crush most of us any day of the week, yet we still go out and demand XX-Flex shafts and 16* 2-irons, lol.

I agree with the LPGA relate. The ladies (in many cases) hit the ball shorter than the average man who plays to a 5-10, but they still score better.

But... I cannot find a WITB bag link on the LPGA website. Where is it?

Driver: Callaway Mavrik

4 Wood: PXG Gen 5

7 Wood: PXG Gen 5 

Irons: Cleveland ZipCore XL (5-AW)
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 4 ZipCore  (54, 58)
Putter: Toulon Memphis

This just might be the greatest passive brag thread of all time, even by WRX standards.

I doubt any plus caps feel the need to brag about their golf games. It's generally the 6 handicap that shoots par for the first time that wants to tell the world. Haha. Interesting thread through because it shows how many different ways there are to do the same job.

I've been playing with the Ping i25 irons with x100 shafts for several years now and am a +2 handicap. I also use the Taylormade M1'16 with a black tie 70x shaft. I've always loved Callaway woods and have my XR'16 with an stiff shaft. If the Ping i series isn't too chunky for Westy, then it isn't too chunky for me.

I was under par 30% of my rounds last year. I have a few options that I play around with depending on the course/conditions. I play with a lot of guys in the +1-3 range and setups vary a lot. There are guys with full hybrids and full bags of T-MBs and guys with all blades. For the most part these guys know what they need to be successful and aren't shy of putting it in play if it helps. Generally I see less ego than many of the guys with 5-10 caps that have to play something forged.

My setup:

Driver: G400LST with Copperhead TX

3W: 2016 M1 Rogue Silver

Driving irons: P790 2i with Hazardus Black, or TM UDI 3i with Recoil 110

Hybrid: oldie but a goodie Titleist 910 with some sort of Project X shaft in it. This is rarely in the bag. I prefer driving irons.

Irons: 4 RSI TP, 5-PW TM Tour Preferred MB X100

Wedges: Vokeys. Again, I like the familiar shape from year to year.

Putter: Spider, but have been known to tinker. For sure something mallet/high MOI though.

Will be doing a full bag fit before spring, probably looking for something in the players category to replace the MBs.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

I'll start by saying that anyone who posts "it's about the game not the clubs" can't break par. Clubs are everything. As someone who is consistently under par, I prefer the look of my Titleist 718 MB. Why? 1) when I look down, I know there is not a whole lot of room for error, so my focus goes up 2) When I look at a big shovel like an AP2, the only thing I think is that it will stick in the ground or get caught in the rough, not saying it will, but that is the thought in my head. and 3) they inspire confidence to me. Also everyone that plays golf should be using some form of the Ping G400. I use the LST 10* w/ HZRDUS Black. I am a fitter and have never had someone hit one of the G400 heads and not have better numbers. Ever.

I've been as low as a +2, currently scratch. Played abput 20 competition rounds this year of which 4 were under par.

Biggest thing for me are the irons. I've played Mizuno since I was 14. Started with T-zoids, then MP30s, MP52s, now got the JPX900 tours. Other tools are Ping i25 driver, M3 3-wood (not loving it yet), M3 hybrid (which I do love), Mack Daddy wedges, and a Scotty Newport Beach 1.5.

Biggest thing to going low is missing small. No one is going to flush every shot, but if you know your tendencies you can play to them. Course management is key.

Still holding to a +2.8 and hoping to get better. Bag I below:

TM M3 460 12* with UST Elements Fire 6f5

TM M3 3hl 17* with UST Elements Wind 7f5

TM M3 19* with UST V2 85s

Adams IDEA black CC1 4 iron KBS Tour V 110S( alternate an Adams Pro A12 24* with UST VTS red 100 stiff )

TM P730 5-PW KBS Tour FLT 120s

TM Milled Grind black 52sb, 56hb, 60hb wit KBS Tour 610 wedge 120s

TM TP black copper Ardmore 3 slant neck 35"

I am a plus cap, but I don't know about shoot under par more times than not. Haha. If that qualifies to answer, see below.

Taylormade UDI TP #3

Taylormade UDI TP #4

KBS C-TAPER 130x

Taylormade P790 5-PW

KBS C-TAPER 130x

KBS C-TAPER 130x

KBS C-TAPER 125 S+

Taylormade EF 58 degree

KBS C-TAPER 125 S+

Glad to see the 2016 M2's in the lineup. That 8.5 driver is legendary.

Surprised you game P790 in the short irons though, since I know you're a good player and not lacking for distance at all...

Taylormade UDI TP #3

Taylormade UDI TP #4

KBS C-TAPER 130x

Taylormade P790 5-PW

KBS C-TAPER 130x

KBS C-TAPER 130x

KBS C-TAPER 125 S+

Taylormade EF 58 degree

KBS C-TAPER 125 S+

Glad to see the 2016 M2's in the lineup. That 8.5 driver is legendary.

Surprised you game P790 in the short irons though, since I know you're a good player and not lacking for distance at all...

I just tend to like a bit more in the way of forgiveness in my irons. What I like most is that the p790's go very straight and high so it's pretty much point and shoot. I tend to miss my irons a little heel side on occasion and normally this gives me a hot shot that goes farther and turns over a bit. These really don't do that which is good for me. Driving and putting are my strengths so I just need a little bit of forgiveness in the irons, and by that I mean consistent distance.