What are they driving? Cars of the Tour

rukahs

There are some really nice cars on view here but despite all of the very expensive very fast motors, which I am finding somewhat predictable

I once heard men who drive big dollar, high end sports cars are trying to compensate for something, well.... not so big.... and it`s not their ego.

I heard its just guys with small wallets that made that up so they wouldn't feel so bad about not having either.

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexi's Lexus

Trying to figure out which has the better body. Let's just call it a draw...

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
PING iCrossover 3i - PING Tour Chrome 2.0 
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

Jack drivin a Buick LeSabre

And laughin at everybody ; )

Isn't it law that you buy a Buick after age 70 ? I know my father in law , a life long ford man , somehow bought one at 71 a couple years ago. They are everywhere !

LOL, at 41 my wife certainly wasn't as excited as I thought she would be with the new Buick Lucerne I thought she needed many years ago. Great car, super mileage but several months into it it was just too low at intersections in the winter, slippery on the ice, a little too big - I've lost track of the little hints and luckily when we traded it after just under a year I didn't take the beating I thought I would - now 12 years later she is thrilled to be getting a Subaru Forester - how middle of the road can you get? Oh well, I like her happy.

I love it when poeple say stuff like "great car, super mileage." LOL

Did you buy her a treadmill for Christmas that year too?

Just busting your chops. Happy Thanksgiving!

Ha - nope, but she always likes those little kitchen sponges from Williams Sonoma in her stocking - we just aren't real exciting.

Lexi Thompson's GTR

Lexi drives a Datsun? Considering her name, I thought she’d have a couple of Lexus on the driveway.

You mean Lexi?

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

No tour guys into Porsche?

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

There are some really nice cars on view here but despite all of the very expensive very fast motors, which I am finding somewhat predictable

I once heard men who drive big dollar, high end sports cars are trying to compensate for something, well.... not so big.... and it`s not their ego.

Seems totally legit :rolleyes:

What did you hear about women who drive big dollar, high end sports cars, such as Lexi?

I never heard anything about about the ladies. With your eye rolling emoji it seems I may have offended you, sorry if that`s the case. It was just a saying a guy I used to work with said when he would see yuppies driving fancy sports cars. His philosophy was they must drive fancy sports cars to show the ladies how much money they made, he figured none of them were actual "car guys", and probably didn`t even know what a car battery looked like.. lol.

He was probably right 95% of the time too.

I heard its just guys with small wallets that made that up so they wouldn't feel so bad about not having either.

Haha that`s very possible. Sorry, if I offended you as well.

Lexi's GTR will blow away any of the cars pictured so far.

Rory's Ferrari F12 has about 200hp more then the GTR and is also approx 200% nicer..

I'm not jealous. :(

even the ferrari?

If they are both stock, F12 has about 130 hp more but GTR's are easy to mod and get up to 750hp very cheaply. F12 is a rear wheel drive car, GTR is AWD, huge advantage getting off the line. 0-60 for stock GTR is 2.9 seconds, F 12 3.6 seconds.

haha this is like a supercars.net conversation, goes right to comparing apples to oranges a modded GT-R vs Ferrari

I'll take the Ferrari any day regardless of if my track car gets beat in a drag race by a modded one. If you want a straight line car just get a Tesla.

Reading comprehension is clearly not one of your strengths. I posted the 0 - 60 times for stock vehicles, not modded.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I seem to recall that Tiger used to drive an Escalade at some point. Can’t remember where I heard that...

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Seems totally legit :rolleyes:

What did you hear about women who drive big dollar, high end sports cars, such as Lexi?

I never heard anything about about the ladies. With your eye rolling emoji it seems I may have offended you, sorry if that`s the case. It was just a saying a guy I used to work with said when he would see yuppies driving fancy sports cars. His philosophy was they must drive fancy sports cars to show the ladies how much money they made, he figured none of them were actual "car guys", and probably didn`t even know what a car battery looked like.. lol.

He was probably right 95% of the time too.

or they could just be car guys who like cool cars?

Lol. You might want to checkout the 18 Gt40 smoking a 800 Hp lambo ... it doesn’t have the nickname Ferrari killer for nothing.id say closest thing to the super fast from an aero and HP level thats seen running a new GT. He’s pulling him hard at the quarter mark. He’d be 6 lengths or more ahead by half mile.

http://youtu.be/liEunPmufBM

800hp ????

Sure about that

2018 Huracan has between 573/630 depending on model

The GT is insanely quick, but one thinks you’ve fudged some numbers ?

It only took two pages for us to sidetrack into the predictable wormholes of what cars are fastest in a drag race, and how small the p*nises are of the men who own them.

Has PXG been brought into this yet?

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Well, even a 'Non-Tour Player' like me appreciates 'new toys'...especially during the holidays! ... :swoon:

Tis the Season!... :yes:

Mercedes-Benz SL 550 in Palladium Silver Metallic.... :wub:

:golfer:

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

Surprised to see no Teslas, not that they’re particularly exotic. Just common.

Outside of California is there much infrastructure?

Here were seeing them more and more but far from prevalent, and we definitely don't have the charging infrastructure that California does. It's kind of a nuisance.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

If they are both stock, F12 has about 130 hp more but GTR's are easy to mod and get up to 750hp very cheaply. F12 is a rear wheel drive car, GTR is AWD, huge advantage getting off the line. 0-60 for stock GTR is 2.9 seconds, F 12 3.6 seconds.

haha this is like a supercars.net conversation, goes right to comparing apples to oranges a modded GT-R vs Ferrari

I'll take the Ferrari any day regardless of if my track car gets beat in a drag race by a modded one. If you want a straight line car just get a Tesla.

Reading comprehension is clearly not one of your strengths. I posted the 0 - 60 times for stock vehicles, not modded.

Life comprehension is not one of your strengths. My point is nobody in a Ferrari really cares that a Nissan GTR has a better 0-60 time because they are in a Ferrari. In addition, 0-60 is a one dimensional stat of a super sports cars performance.

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

Life comprehension is not one of your strengths. My point is nobody in a Ferrari really cares that a Nissan GTR has a better 0-60 time because they are in a Ferrari. In addition, 0-60 is a one dimensional stat of a super sports cars performance.

Way to change the talking points. I opted for a GTR over a Ferrari, it makes a much better daily driver. 0-60 is still one of the prime statistics in measuring production car performance, guess you're not a car guy.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Is that an SLC bobcat?

No, the pic shown below is the SLC.... :yes:

SLC... :beee:

However, I much prefer my Palladium Silver SL 550 that was shown earlier in the thread.. :wub:

I guess you could say that when it comes to cars, I'm an SLDRIVER.. :taunt:

:golfer:

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

Way to change the talking points. I opted for a GTR over a Ferrari, it makes a much better daily driver. 0-60 is still one of the prime statistics in measuring production car performance, guess you're not a car guy.

Well I mean I live my life a quarter mile at a time but I'm not sure if that gets me in the club.

Sorry, you have me in stitches about how you opted down to a GTR because its the better daily. Ya, I opted for a VW for the same reason it was way more comfortable than the Ferrari or the GTR

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

It only took two pages for us to sidetrack into the predictable wormholes of what cars are fastest in a drag race, and how small the p*nises are of the men who own them.

Has PXG been brought into this yet?

Exactly, and disappointing. :-( I'm a huge motorhead, and though I've owned some nice cars in my lifetime, NO I am not compensating for anything and NO I cannot afford anything truly exotic. So yes, I am interested in what pro golfers are rolling with when they aren't in that week's courtesy car. Let's try to get this thread back on track!

I remember a number of years ago Vijay was driving a Dodge SRT 10.

Tiger has had at least a couple S65s.

Hunter Mahan's Nova is killer for those into 'Murican muscle.

I remember Phil had a Fisker Karma at one point, not sure what else he drives. Anyone know?

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle