Evnroll reviews?

smdykas

It does have a little counterbalance feel to it... but it’s a different sensation in that the weight is behind the shaft. I only putted with it for about 5 minutes, I’d sure like to see them offer the grip separately.

Driver -  Callaway Paradym 🔷🔷🔷 9 degree with GD UB 6S

3 Wood- Cobra F9 with Fujikura Atmos blue 5S

5 Wood - Cobra F9 with Fujikura Atmos blue 5S
Hybrid - Cobra F9 22 degree Fujikura Atmos blue 5S
5 & 6 Irons - Srixon Z545
7 - PW - Srixon Z745
Wedges - Bridgestone J15 50* and 54* and Callaway PM grind 58* and 64*
Putter - LAB Golf mezz max broomstick, LAB Golf DF 2.1 armlock, LAB golf 2.1 standard length 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does have a little counterbalance feel to it... but it's a different sensation in that the weight is behind the shaft. I only putted with it for about 5 minutes, I'd sure like to see them offer the grip separately.

I think they are. I might buy the ER5 off DSG since it's on sale plus 10% cash back with ebates.

I love my ER8 and don't see it going anywhere soon. Fantastic putter in every way. That said, they are not full of magical fairy dust or unicorn tears.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

I love my ER8 and don't see it going anywhere soon. Fantastic putter in every way. That said, they are not full of magical fairy dust or unicorn tears.

Ditto my ER5. I've gone through enough phases with putters not to declare anything final, but right now I'm feeling a good connection between input and output. I always felt a bit of disconnection using blades and putters with inserts, always thought I just sucked at distance control. It's quite possible that it was coincidence that I happened on the ER5 and liked the look and feel enough to stick with it during the first summer that I joined a club and also a regular foursome and played enough rounds to accumulate some feel for greens and speed in general. So I wouldn't suggest that it's the best putter for anyone else, but nothing about it irritates me and that's saying something.

Took the plunge via DSG 25% off.

Of course you did ... good pricing.

I went to PGATSS this morning and demoed about every model with my Blast Motion Sensor for 2 hrs. Thought ER8 worked best for me - but I want a custom swingweight and Gravity Grip, so I'll wait to have questions answered for next week.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

This morning at 8 am, PGATSS was empty for over an hour except for me - did not have to deal with husbands leavng their kids to the putting green babysitter with kids runnning all over the green and getting in your way. It's a pet peeve of mine...

I rolled about every Evnroll Model except for the MOI Square putter (they did not have it), taking my Blast Motion Sensor with me, and rolled the ER8 Tour Mallet the best - I aim a mallet more consistently and the less sightlines the better - it only has one white paintfilled sightline. Being alone for almost 2 hrs allowed me to work on some things with Blast.

it seems 34.5 is my correct length (tried 34 and 35, but no) ... and the Evnroll has a little more beef to it at 370g head and counterweighted grip. I think the swingweight was in the low to mid E's. I want it a bit lighter - D8 may be preferred. Tell you what, it does take several minutes to get accustomed to Evnroll - you hit it in center in a particular way and it has some nice energy. But I want the Gravity Grip and a custom swingweight, so I will wait for a special order.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

I went to PGATSS this morning and demoed about every model with my Blast Motion Sensor for 2 hrs. Thought ER8 worked best for me - but I want a custom swingweight and Gravity Grip, so I'll wait to have questions answered for next week.

I still plan on getting fit in Carlsbad in January at the Evnroll studio.... Just couldn't pass off $100 of savings. I'll bring the new Texas wedge with me and see how things go. I know that's a foolish way to do things but I got swept up in the black Friday deals.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I still plan on getting fit in Carlsbad in January at the Evnroll studio.... Just couldn't pass off $100 of savings. I'll bring the new Texas wedge with me and see how things go. I know that's a foolish way to do things but I got swept up in the black Friday deals.

I recognize that ... good luck. I waited because knowing me, I'd spend the $100 of the savings in changing grips, making adjustments and buying weights for swingweighting and other "adjustments." From Edel, I aim a mallet more consistently, so I only tried mallets, then too many sightlines had me aiming left, and the ER8 only has one line - I am asking for one that is not painted ...Hopefully, it works

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

I recognize that ... good luck. I waited because knowing me, I'd spend the $100 of the savings in changing grips, making adjustments and buying weights for swingweighting and other "adjustments." From Edel, I aim a mallet more consistently, so I only tried mallets, then too many sightlines had me aiming left, and the ER8 only has one line - I am asking for one that is not painted ...Hopefully, it works

Went with the ER5 and I'm hoping that style mallet helps with my tendency to aim left as well. What do you think of that blast motion sensor?

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Went with the ER5 and I'm hoping that style mallet helps with my tendency to aim left as well. What do you think of that blast motion sensor?

'

I was hoping the ER5 would work for me - especially since the murdered out version was only $40 more. But the numbers were not there as consistently as with the ER8. Could not decide if the fang style was a mallet or a blade with wings and how it would affect your eyes. I had a tendency in my 2 hrs of hitting about 4 models in various weights, to pull the ER5 slightly, which told me I needed a little more toe hang, hence the ER8.

The blast motion is fun. Allows you to adjust ball position, grip, setup closer or farther to ball, eyes over or inside ball and see the data effect. Also assists with tempo although tour tempo might be simpler if you're just focusing on tempo. Besides the putter, you can place Blast on your regular clubs.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Been playing the ER2 the past few seasons, and I truthfully have never made so many 20+ footers in my life! That being said, I've been finding myself looking into new putters recently. I can't say that I'm in love with the feel off the head, and the shape of the shaft really bugs me (why can't anyone make a head this shaped with a nice flow neck?!). I love the extra weight in the head, and I actually really enjoy the stock grip that comes on it as well. I'll probably stick it out with it for a bit because why mess with a good thing, but I still have my eye out there for the one that will finally tick all the boxes. Just being a ho I guess...

Been playing the ER2 the past few seasons, and I truthfully have never made so many 20+ footers in my life! That being said, I've been finding myself looking into new putters recently. I can't say that I'm in love with the feel off the head, and the shape of the shaft really bugs me (why can't anyone make a head this shaped with a nice flow neck?!). I love the extra weight in the head, and I actually really enjoy the stock grip that comes on it as well. I'll probably stick it out with it for a bit because why mess with a good thing, but I still have my eye out there for the one that will finally tick all the boxes. Just being a ho I guess...

I think on the shaft, it's a weight/balance thing - more weight moves the COG towards the heel. So you need a flow neck that does not detract from the design - I agree - would love to have a subtle flow neck with little to no offset for me ... but if it works. I'd love to see a neck as on this TP Mills Custom.

See Guerin Rife talk about the subject:

http://www.golfalot....rview-3827.aspx

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

The ER5 is on my watch list. Just wish there was a shop around that I could find one to try out.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

The ER5 is on my watch list. Just wish there was a shop around that I could find one to try out.

Do you enjoy a slight high pitched metallic tink?

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

I’m so glad you brought that up. I saw a review and could not stand that noise off of the face. I was wondering (and this could be severe ignorance of golf equipment on my part) if the black coated ER5 had the same high-pitched “ting” to it. If so, I will be probably be looking elsewhere.

I have two ER5s. The first I bought new at Windmill Golf in OH; it has no "tink" at all. The second I bought on Ebay because for a while I was keeping a second bag at my club; it has just enough "tink" that I can see what people talk about. It may be luck on the no-tink putter, or it may be that the one with the tink is an older one and the sound has been addressed. I don't notice it at all when I use that putter so it's not an issue for me either way, but everybody's different.

Metallic tink? I dont know because I have not tried one. My Rife is all metal with no tink.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

Metallic tink? I dont know because I have not tried one. My Rife is all metal with no tink.

Look above ... and try it. Did not bother me much, not loud but it made you want to try another model or another er5 to see if it was a one-off, but based on all comments, it's a common malady. Did not have to make that decision because I aimed another model better

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

The tink sound was much improved on the current ER5 (slightly redesigned from the original) but it’s still there. It sounds pretty similar to a putter with a sound slot.

I understand why some wouldn’t like it but I love it.

The tink sound was much improved on the current ER5 (slightly redesigned from the original) but it's still there. It sounds pretty similar to a putter with a sound slot.

I understand why some wouldn't like it but I love it.

Yes, that's it! Sound slot tink. But the ER5 I tried was on Black Friday, so it must have been the 2.0 edition. Didn't really bother me but noticeable at times.

Searching everything on Guerin, he really recommends custom fittings - he does have a Quintic and a rollboard... I have miles... I see a road trip in the very near future if easily arranged. Where is ebrasmus21? Doesn't he need a fititng?

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

The tink sound was much improved on the current ER5 (slightly redesigned from the original) but it's still there. It sounds pretty similar to a putter with a sound slot.

I understand why some wouldn't like it but I love it.

Yes, that's it! Sound slot tink. But the ER5 I tried was on Black Friday, so it must have been the 2.0 edition. Didn't really bother me but noticeable at times.

Searching everything on Guerin, he really recommends custom fittings - he does have a Quintic and a rollboard... I have miles... I see a road trip in the very near future if easily arranged. Where is ebrasmus21? Doesn't he need a fititng?

I'm shooting for January for my fitting. It sounds like we should try to coordinate.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I just got done playing with my ER5 and must say I’m very happy with how it rolls the ball. I bought a ER1.2 off the bay acouple days ago when they had the 15% discount. I really like the dale head look of that putter although I putter much better with a face balanced stick.

Happy Holidays

Rich ~

FYI, I purchased the black ER5 off DSG with the 25% off discount. I just noticed they have the gravity grip now. I called customer rep to see if I can exchange or just purchase a new one with the discount and return the one I just received. She applied a greater discount, 30% off. So I got a brand new putter coming in at 30% off!

The new black ER5 looks awesome!

Are they all 355g?

- Josh

Stock...

355g at 35 inches - E4

370g at 34 inches - E0

But you can custom order a length, loft, lie, SW

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Are they all 355g?

- Josh

Stock...

355g at 35 inches - E4

370g at 34 inches - E0

let me know if you find an ER9 around you and what you think of it. Been keeping an eye out myself but haven't run across one

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

Are they all 355g?

- Josh

Stock...

355g at 35 inches - E4

370g at 34 inches - E0

let me know if you find an ER9 around you and what you think of it. Been keeping an eye out myself but haven't run across one

My bet is they won't be around for long - been to two PGATSS in DFW and can't find one. Must not be in demand by general public.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x