Callaway epic flash? is this legit? (New Pics added Pg 1)

kjrules

Put the Wilson Cortex next to this new epic flash and people won't be complaining about the $499 price tag of the Wilson. The original epic Sub zero was fire, this is a turd. Won't be trading my epic in any time soon. All clubs are exactly the same performance wise now just look and sound different. Stop thinking yellow paint and a sliding weight are going to stop you from taking a divot with your driver and increase your carry by 30 yards.

Not even close to true. Rogue has inclreased ball speed on off center hits compared to your epic. Fact. Not opinion. I tested both on track man for 2 days when I was fit for my rogue. I’ve hit the flash and it’s faster farther out still. Wait till you see how the face of this driver works and is designed from the back.

I’m way interested in the Flash face tech. Looking forward to finding out more.

Is there a point at which a player wouldn’t want more speed off-center?

Put the Wilson Cortex next to this new epic flash and people won't be complaining about the $499 price tag of the Wilson. The original epic Sub zero was fire, this is a turd. Won't be trading my epic in any time soon. All clubs are exactly the same performance wise now just look and sound different. Stop thinking yellow paint and a sliding weight are going to stop you from taking a divot with your driver and increase your carry by 30 yards.

Not even close to true. Rogue has inclreased ball speed on off center hits compared to your epic. Fact. Not opinion. I tested both on track man for 2 days when I was fit for my rogue. I've hit the flash and it's faster farther out still. Wait till you see how the face of this driver works and is designed from the back.

are you upgrading?

From friends in the business the flash and new g410 will be the top two drivers next season. Looking forward to hitting them both.

2024 WITB: 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 (@ 9.5) Diamana ZF 60S

TM MINI DRIVER??

Callaway Apex UW 19 deg MMT 70 Stiff

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour Rescue #4 AV Limited Blue 75 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 48F, 56M, ??

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

From friends in the business the flash and new g410 will be the top two drivers next season. Looking forward to hitting them both.

I heard Epic Flash, G410 and M5 will be “The” drivers in 19..

The guys at my local shop were all raving about some new tech in the Callaway driver that they said blows the socks off everything else coming out. Sounds like the Ping and TM will be fighting for 2nd place according to them. I was just surprised because the manager has always been a huge TM fanboy.

The guys at my local shop were all raving about some new tech in the Callaway driver that they said blows the socks off everything else coming out. Sounds like the Ping and TM will be fighting for 2nd place according to them. I was just surprised because the manager has always been a huge TM fanboy.

I am hearing the same thing about the new Epic Flash. The pro at my home course is a TM guy, he is even saying that the new Epic is something special. This is a guy who hates Cally, so it has my attention..

I am hearing the same thing about the new Epic Flash. The pro at my home course is a TM guy, he is even saying that the new Epic is something special.

To me that photo looks like 100% recycling the same driver for the 3rd year now.. So is the new special part somewhere else in the in the driver since this photo is so not showing it.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

Anyone here about stock options in the new flash? The only one I know for sure is the new t1100 white.

2024 WITB: 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 (@ 9.5) Diamana ZF 60S

TM MINI DRIVER??

Callaway Apex UW 19 deg MMT 70 Stiff

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour Rescue #4 AV Limited Blue 75 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 48F, 56M, ??

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

Not even close to true. Rogue has inclreased ball speed on off center hits compared to your epic. Fact. Not opinion. I tested both on track man for 2 days when I was fit for my rogue. I've hit the flash and it's faster farther out still. Wait till you see how the face of this driver works and is designed from the back.

are you upgrading?

Depends. lol. If I get the same hookup fitting I have on the rogue now. Yes. I’m hitting the rogue too good to just buy an off the rack head. The rogue head I’m hitting is super heavy and playing at 43 1/4. So highly modifies.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I am hearing the same thing about the new Epic Flash. The pro at my home course is a TM guy, he is even saying that the new Epic is something special.

To me that photo looks like 100% recycling the same driver for the 3rd year now.. So is the new special part somewhere else in the in the driver since this photo is so not showing it.

All in the face. Under the skin. Tech is attached to the back of the face. They have s cutaway to show it. Designed by some super computer used by defense contractors or something.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

All in the face. Under the skin. Tech is attached to the back of the face. They have s cutaway to show it. Designed by some super computer used by defense contractors or something.

How much extra ballspeed are we talking beyond the Rogue? Center hits. off center - if you got any sense of that.

How much extra ballspeed are we talking beyond the Rogue? Center hits. off center - if you got any sense of that.

For me. As much as 4 on toe side high shots. Compared to rogue. Heelside around 2. Dead center high also faster. And that’s my miss. High. It’s about making the whole face hot as I understand it.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I hope that either the club doesn't look like that pic on page 2 or they offer a second color option like the F9 comes in the white. Blues and reds are okay in small amounts in a club but green and yellow are comedic looking. I know they say if a club performs then who cares about looks... but that's border line where I'd be looking to send that for a paint refinishing.

I hope that either the club doesn't look like that pic on page 2 or they offer a second color option like the F9 comes in the white. Blues and reds are okay in small amounts in a club but green and yellow are comedic looking. I know they say if a club performs then who cares about looks... but that's border line where I'd be looking to send that for a paint refinishing.

I'm pretty sure Callaway will offer their custom paint job for an extra $50-$100 bucks.

Those colors are hideous! I am praying they release another color, or mine will be painted if the driver really does perform.

Maybe they will offer other color options at an upcharge. Maybe a plot to get us to spend even more?? Release an awesome club but make it look hideous so we all are tempted for the $100 custom paint option.

I just wish they'd have UDesign program available at launch. They seem to wait a few months before offering the option. At least, that's what it seemed in years past.

Otherwise, for maybe even less, you can get Continental to repaint it. Their work is second to none...

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I am hearing the same thing about the new Epic Flash. The pro at my home course is a TM guy, he is even saying that the new Epic is something special. This is a guy who hates Cally, so it has my attention..

... And I quote Roger Cleveland, “Epic and Rogue were nice, but we finally got the drive right this time.”

And incredibly bold statement considering what those two clubs did in the market the past two yerars.

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

It looks like zero groove / grenade came up with the color scheme

Doesn’t matter, I’m going to buy it

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

That matte black looks legit. but those two dots next to the chev logo on the crown drives my OCD bonkers.

My dog chipped the aerodynamic ridge thing when I left it sitting out overnight. They got rid of it and I think those two dots were underneath it? Couldn't notice it at address. Face dented shortly after I got it back though. So my run was pretty short lived.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

... And I quote Roger Cleveland, “Epic and Rogue were nice, but we finally got the drive right this time.”

And incredibly bold statement considering what those two clubs did in the market the past two yerars.

I’m amazed everyone is saying Callaway will be the one to catch again next year, no one has even seen the new TM stuff or what tech is in it yet. The biggest piece that has me intrigued is it’s almost December and absolutely no leaks from TM!!!! Almost unheard of in this industry plus I’ve heard rumours the NDA actually has a figure on it of $250,000 that if you are proven to have leaked it you will be liable. They are keeping it super tight lipped. There was a group of 40-50 TM guys in Vegas last week who saw the new product and still nothing!

TM is behind. Period. The reason for no leaks is that they are scrambling. This new callaway piece is going to cause a rules revisit.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Maybe they will offer other color options at an upcharge. Maybe a plot to get us to spend even more?? Release an awesome club but make it look hideous so we all are tempted for the $100 custom paint option.

I just wish they'd have UDesign program available at launch. They seem to wait a few months before offering the option. At least, that's what it seemed in years past.

Otherwise, for maybe even less, you can get Continental to repaint it. Their work is second to none...

Yeah they do solid, solid work. Just a shame to buy a $500+ driver (I usually end up in custom shaft) and then need to spend even more just to get colors right.