MFTUK’s KaBoom Baby WITB

Been meaning to do this for a while. After waiting weeks for my irons to be reshafted, I now have a settled bag for at least the next couple of weeks. I know PXG polarises opinion, but I quite like it.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shafts

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Putters

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Nice Stuff--- See you went PXG all the way----- Even though I do not play PXG you will not catch any flack from me----- I always say play what you want to play---- Now did I read your signature correct? You have 3 different PXG putters?---- Edit : Ok cool you posted the putters separately while I was typing my post--- Besides I type slow not hunt and peck but slow.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

Nice Stuff--- See you went PXG all the way----- Even though I do not play PXG you will not catch any flack from me----- I always say play what you want to play---- Now did I read your signature correct? You have 3 different PXG putters?---- Edit : Ok cool you posted the putters separately while I was typing my post--- Besides I type slow not hunt and peck but slow.

Yeah. Not one of my more sensible decisions, I have to admit. I’ll be getting rid of the Bat Attack H soon though, as it’s the one I like least. The Brandon feels great, and the Operator is fantastic on slower greens.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

I had never seen any pics of PXG putters so that was interesting to me. I can see where they are coming from on the engineering side of things on all 3. I like the flo neck anser style the best. Reminds me of the Santa Fe I putt with but yours is turned backwards. LOL I give all lefties hell on that. My playing partner just had fitted and bought a set of 311s 2 weeks ago so I have hit his and they do hit smooth. I have been examining his and can see where they are doing the balancing thing with the screws. I have messed with that type of set up before with the old Bobby Grace MK3 putters which were a Tour head and used Allen screws to adjust weight. The weight engineering on those clubs intrigues me. My friend did not order woods or hybrids. I ran into a guy here a year or so ago that did like you and went the whole PXG route bag and all except the putter. He told me at the time that he really liked the irons but not the woods or hybrids. It will be interesting to see how the woods and hybrids turn out for you. You never know. If you look at my signature you will see I am hitting an odd ball driver myself but it works for me.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

I had never seen any pics of PXG putters so that was interesting to me. I can see where they are coming from on the engineering side of things on all 3. I like the flo neck anser style the best. Reminds me of the Santa Fe I putt with but yours is turned backwards. LOL I give all lefties hell on that. My playing partner just had fitted and bought a set of 311s 2 weeks ago so I have hit his and they do hit smooth. I have been examining his and can see where they are doing the balancing thing with the screws. I have messed with that type of set up before with the old Bobby Grace MK3 putters which were a Tour head and used Allen screws to adjust weight. The weight engineering on those clubs intrigues me. My friend did not order woods or hybrids. I ran into a guy here a year or so ago that did like you and went the whole PXG route bag and all except the putter. He told me at the time that he really liked the irons but not the woods or hybrids. It will be interesting to see how the woods and hybrids turn out for you. You never know. If you look at my signature you will see I am hitting an odd ball driver myself but it works for me.

I had a bit of a nightmare with the fitting for the irons (fitting guy was the only person in the world who thought Modus3 105X would work for me, and it has taken weeks to get these X7s installed) but the driver and 3 wood fitting was great. For years I’ve used the AD-DI, but he said it’s a bit too soft for me, and that I’d be much better of with shafts with a firmer tip and butt section and higher overall weight due to my fast transition. He knew what he was talking about, as my numbers with both are so much better than the Rogue SZ I used before, and the new Titleist TS2 & TS3 I demoed a few weeks back. There might be marginally hotter faces, but as an overall package I’ve not found anything that beats them yet. Plus, the sound and feel is off the charts too.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

THe only problem with that bag is your left handed. LOL

On the plus side, at least no-one asks to hit my bats!

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Nice witb! I think PXG irons and woods look great but I still think they have a lot of room to improve with their putters. What’s your favorite club? I’ve heard fantastic things about their hybrids

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Tour 3 Fairway 15.0D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

Nice witb! I think PXG irons and woods look great but I still think they have a lot of room to improve with their putters. What’s your favorite club? I’ve heard fantastic things about their hybrids

Thanks! The putters are alright. Obviously not worth the money, but not terrible.

Favourite bat by far is the 1 iron. 2nd place goes to the 3 wood.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Nice shafts! ??

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Great stuff. Love that Brandon H. I don't game but still have my 0311T's and will probably never sell them. Had an 0811LX for a bit and it did sound and feel outstanding.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

Great looking set... I've been really tempted to give their hybrids and wedges a try

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil 95

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Some serious gear there Mark! Im equally intrigued to know what you played previous to this.....

Sure... last set was Callaway Apex MB Raw irons, Vokey SM7 Black wedges and Rogue SZ Woods.

Prior to that I had iBlades, Gorge wedges and G LS Tec driver and Stretch 3 fairway

Before that I had TM RSI TP Irons, EF wedges and M1 Woods

Before that I had Callaway X Hot Pro irons, X Forged Vintage wedges and Razr Fit Extreme woods

Before that... ummm Callaway X Forged 09 irons, Titleist 910 D3 Woods, which were swiftly replaced by Ping i20s.

I think that’s about it for the last ten years. I didn’t play for 2 years between the Callaway XHPs and the TM irons due to a knee injury. There have been several dalliances with other drivers and fairways, but none stayed in my bag long enough to warrant a mention.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Some serious gear there Mark! Im equally intrigued to know what you played previous to this.....

Sure... last set was Callaway Apex MB Raw irons, Vokey SM7 Black wedges and Rogue SZ Woods.

Prior to that I had iBlades, Gorge wedges and G LS Tec driver and Stretch 3 fairway

Before that I had Callaway X Hot Pro irons, X Forged Vintage wedges and Razr Fit Extreme woods

Before that... ummm Callaway X Forged 09 irons, Titleist 910 D3 Woods, which were swiftly replaced by Ping i20s.

I think that’s about it for the last ten years. I didn’t play for 2 years between the Callaway XHPs and the TM irons due to a knee injury. There have been several dalliances with other drivers and fairways, but none stayed in my bag long enough to warrant a mention.

Quite a variety there, I tried the x hot pro irons for 2 rounds but was getting ridiculous differences in yardages on the irons even tho they were much longer just had no confidence whatsoever, and they had to go!

So what brought you to PXG, not the easiest to get hold of over this side of the pond?

Where do you play your golf?

Quite a variety there, I tried the x hot pro irons for 2 rounds but was getting ridiculous differences in yardages on the irons even tho they were much longer just had no confidence whatsoever, and they had to go!

So what brought you to PXG, not the easiest to get hold of over this side of the pond?

Yeah the XHPs didn’t last long. Hitting a wedge 185 was fun for a while, but once the novelty wore off it became annoying that I had a 60 yard gap between my PW and 52.

There was a PXG fitting session at a course near to me, so I popped along as I fancied getting one of their DIs. The fitter took a look at my other clubs and said the shafts I was using were all wrong, and I needed stiffer, particularly in the butt section. So I ended up ordering a whole new bag! The woods and DIs have been a revelation, but unfortunately the irons and wedges took a while to get right. I played C-Taper 130X for years, but for some reason the fitter thought Modus3 105X would work better. Sadly he was wrong... my peak height went up to 150ft from 120ft, and the spin increased by 1500rpm through the bag. The net result was a loss of around 20 yards. I ended up going back to him at the PXG fitting centre, and he maintained that the Modus3s were still the way to go, and that all would be cured if I jacked the lofts by 1.5 degrees through the bag. I thought that was obviously a load of rubbish, so went to an independent PXG fitter, and he agreed that the advice was rubbish, and that never in a million years would these shafts be suitable. I tried loads of shafts, and the DG X7 was by far the best, outperforming the CTaper by a significant amount. Sadly, PXG can’t source them directly, so I had to buy them and get the independent fitter to build them. It cost another £350, but now I have the most optimised irons and wedges I have ever used.

I play at Frilford Heath, and also at Princes. I’ve Played 7 holes at Princes this year, so I’m really making good use of my membership. :russian_roulette:

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Yeah the XHPs didn’t last long. Hitting a wedge 185 was fun for a while, but once the novelty wore off it became annoying that I had a 60 yard gap between my PW and 52.

There was a PXG fitting session at a course near to me, so I popped along as I fancied getting one of their DIs. The fitter took a look at my other clubs and said the shafts I was using were all wrong, and I needed stiffer, particularly in the butt section. So I ended up ordering a whole new bag! The woods and DIs have been a revelation, but unfortunately the irons and wedges took a while to get right. I played C-Taper 130X for years, but for some reason the fitter thought Modus3 105X would work better. Sadly he was wrong... my peak height went up to 150ft from 120ft, and the spin increased by 1500rpm through the bag. The net result was a loss of around 20 yards. I ended up going back to him at the PXG fitting centre, and he maintained that the Modus3s were still the way to go, and that all would be cured if I jacked the lofts by 1.5 degrees through the bag. I thought that was obviously a load of rubbish, so went to an independent PXG fitter, and he agreed that the advice was rubbish, and that never in a million years would these shafts be suitable. I tried loads of shafts, and the DG X7 was by far the best, outperforming the CTaper by a significant amount. Sadly, PXG can’t source them directly, so I had to buy them and get the independent fitter to build them. It cost another £350, but now I have the most optimised irons and wedges I have ever used.

I play at Frilford Heath, and also at Princes. I’ve Played 7 holes at Princes this year, so I’m really making good use of my membership. :russian_roulette:

Great stuff Mark - lovely WITB (from someone could hit your clubs being a fellow South-Paw :taunt: ). That 1-iron looks PURE.

Two great Clubs to be a Member of there; love Frilford having played it for years as a junior back in the day.

Why haven't you been down to Prince's much this year? The new Himalaya's is superb.

Great stuff Mark - lovely WITB (from someone could hit your clubs being a fellow South-Paw :taunt: ). That 1-iron looks PURE.

Two great Clubs to be a Member of there; love Frilford having played it for years as a junior back in the day.

Why haven't you been down to Prince's much this year? The new Himalaya's is superb.

Thanks! Yep, the 1 iron is awesome. If you attend the proposed U.K. GolfWRX golf day I’ll let you have a wallop.

I moved from London to Oxfordshire back in February. I thought I would still go down there fairly often, but the fact I have a decent course 5 mins away, and that it’s a 320 mile round trip to play Princes means I can’t really be bothered. The new Himalayas is really good, apart from the new par 5 2nd. Hate the tee shot, and I think it’s way too penal down the left.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Hopefully the day gets played at Frilford, I proposed a day there on the thread as it'll allow people to play AM/PM depending on travel arrangements or all day if one chose to! Love the Green Course there, was never sold on the Blue but it's an embarrassment of riches your Club has.

Yes the Par 5 2nd is a toughie, I don't think the tee shot is too bad though unless playing from the yellow tees where it does tighten up.

Hopefully the day gets played at Frilford, I proposed a day there on the thread as it'll allow people to play AM/PM depending on travel arrangements or all day if one chose to! Love the Green Course there, was never sold on the Blue but it's an embarrassment of riches your Club has.

Yes the Par 5 2nd is a toughie, I don't think the tee shot is too bad though unless playing from the yellow tees where it does tighten up.

Yep am quite lucky to be a member at FH. It’s one of the few courses around here that doesn’t turn in to a quagmire at the merest hint of rain (with the exception of the first 4 holes on the blue, which can get a bit squishy). The green is a great course if you want to whizz around for 18 in less than 3 hours.

I really liked the old 2nd on Himalayas. It was good risk/reward hole, where you could either take the driver over the corner and go for the green, or lay up with a mid-iron. Now there’s not much option but to give the driver a wallop.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Holy horsepower Batman! Whats your Driver SS?

Trackman put it at 123 during my PXG fit, but GC Quad had it at 126. The consensus seems to be that both are accurate for shot data, but Trackman is more accurate for club data, and in particular swing speed than Quad, so I would say around the123 figure. When I was playing around with iron shafts my 6 iron SS varied from 98 with the Modus 105X, up to 103 with the C-Taper 130X and X7. I found it interesting that the lighter shafts I tried resulted in slower ss. The fitter reckoned that it had already reached peak speed before impact, and was already slowing down.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Could have something to do with tempo and the way you load the golf club, also efficiency. Maybe total distance and dispersion. Maybe you got the golf club into a better spot with the heavier shafts. Someones got to look at that bag and see just driver-1-2 iron and be head scratching. I've always been a "fan" of PXG but they just are going on a tangent at this point. (Also hearing Bob narrate commercials is kind of unnerving and annoying). I would suggest Morgan Freeman but I doubt he'd listen.

NICE bag !

Undecided if i'm more goggle eyed at the set-up or amazed at the 126mph swing-speed.

Look forward to seeing both next year fingers crossed.......

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

NICE bag !

Undecided if i'm more goggle eyed at the set-up or amazed at the 126mph swing-speed.

Look forward to seeing both next year fingers crossed.......

Thanks! I’ll have probably changed my bag 3 times before then... :russian_roulette:

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

123 or 126 Ill take either! Ill gladly have you as my partner in the long driving competition, ill just bring the sandwiches....

Look forward to the meet, seems to be picking up steam.

Keeping it on topic, a 1 iron, not seen one of those since the early 1990’s! My hands are still in recovery!

123 or 126 Ill take either! Ill gladly have you as my partner in the long driving competition, ill just bring the sandwiches....

Look forward to the meet, seems to be picking up steam.

Keeping it on topic, a 1 iron, not seen one of those since the early 1990’s! My hands are still in recovery!

As long as the longest drive still counts 3 fairways over from where we’re supposed to be aiming, I back myself to win it!

The 1 iron is awesome. I had a blade 1 iron back in the day, and that was a true knife. This is a fair bit easier to hit. It’s 15 degrees, and really gets the ball out there. I had forgotten just how long the shaft is in a 1 iron. Took me a couple of hours to get used to it, but now it’s point and shoot. It’s surprisingly versatile too. The PXG DI’s might be the best performing clubs they make.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag