A Euro Tour player bag unlike any other

golfnhack

And is that a ball retriever and one of those little scrub brushes for your irons i see attached on his bag as well?

I'm betting against him after seeing those headcovers.

Is the brush in the same league as iron covers and ball retrievers now?

Most definitely.

One of those "you know you're in for a long day" sorts of things when you see a guy with one. Played with a guy a few wks ago who cleaned his irons with that little wire brush after EVERY shot.

Then proceeded to shoot about 105��

I have a brush, clean my irons after every shot, takes less time than most people whine over their poorly struck shots....I break 80 pretty much all the time, must be cuz my grooves are clean.

I would agree 1000%. My ocd, doesn't allow dirty clubs back in the bag... I actually have a small flip-top, bottle with some soapy water that I use to spray the head then brush, then wipe with MF Towel.. 15 Sec tops..

Meanwhile players who have 2 min pre-shot routines never even notice.. lol

So if I understand you correctly, you have a 3 step process after you hit each club: 1) spray club head,2) scrub club head with brush and 3) dry clubhead with towel. WHEW!!

You say it’s only 15 seconds per club, but multiply that times 90 shots and you’ve just added another 25-30 mins to everyone’s round. Then everyone else in your foursome starts doing the same and you’ve got a complete cluster F.

No offense, but the guys in my group wouldn’t stand for that, nor would most golfers.

We have a guy in our group that started to use the little brush bucket at the side of the cart to clean his clubs after EVERY shot and then that morphed into a process of hit, scrub, dry etc after every shot. There is simply no need to clean a club after each and every shot and to that level.

There’s a reason processional caddies simply carry a towel. One side wet, one side dry. Looks professional and it works.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think golf was about posting the lowest number you can. Irrespective of whether you have irons covers, brushes, ball-scoops, a weird routine or unusual clothing.

Then i joined WRX. Where a Tour Winner gets mocked.......

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

So if I understand you correctly, you have a 3 step process after you hit each club: 1) spray club head,2) scrub club head with brush and 3) dry clubhead with towel. WHEW!!

You say it's only 15 seconds per club, but multiply that times 90 shots and you've just added another 25-30 mins to everyone's round. Then everyone else in your foursome starts doing the same and you've got a complete cluster F.

No offense, but the guys in my group wouldn't stand for that, nor would most golfers.

We have a guy in our group that started to use the little brush bucket at the side of the cart to clean his clubs after EVERY shot and then that morphed into a process of hit, scrub, dry etc after every shot. There is simply no need to clean a club after each and every shot and to that level.

There's a reason processional caddies simply carry a towel. One side wet, one side dry. Looks professional and it works.

it's possible he does it while others are playing their shots, which would add approximately 0 minutes to the overall round.

You say it's only 15 seconds per club, but multiply that times 90 shots and you've just added another 25-30 mins to everyone's round. Then everyone else in your foursome starts doing the same and you've got a complete cluster F.

No offense, but the guys in my group wouldn't stand for that, nor would most golfers.

There's a reason processional caddies simply carry a towel. One side wet, one side dry. Looks professional and it works.

it's possible he does it while others are playing their shots, which would add approximately 0 minutes to the overall round.

Duh. Yep, as he said he probably has plenty of time while the other wannabe "pros" are going through their pre-shot routine.

Not to mention that he's not hitting 90 irons shots.

At least he's not using a groove sharpener after every shot. I never saw a pro with iron covers, could be a trendsetter

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Anyone else lick their grooves clean?

The last time I licked a dirty groove it took 2 weeks’ worth of penicillin to get right again.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

Yeah, I didn't realize that having clean clubs wasn't cool these days. It still amazes me how many people don't realize that it's not golf balls that wear down grooves. It's the dirt in between the club and the ball that causes wear.

I couldn't imagine what a wedge would look like after an entire round without cleaning it. Would there be any visible grooves, or would they be covered in dirt?

Now true story. I usually don't clean my sand and lob wedge grooves. Helps control spin . Sometimes so caked I have to wet it first to loosen the dirt up. Lol.

Tools not jewels.

And I darn sure ain't going to clean the grooves on my 3 and 4 irons--- And you know why Blade

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

So is he using Taylor Made irons? He's wearing a Titleist cap.... Don't know how he gets away with any of that

So watching the replay, def playing TM irons.

Can't think of any other instance where a player wears a Titleist hat but doesn't use their irons.

Happens quite a bit for non mainstream guys especially on smaller tours like Asian Tour. Probably a hat/ball/glove deal with titleist.

Let's see the irons uncovered, I want to know if those things are really protecting the clubs from dings or if you get just as many because of the rocky ground etc.

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

Yeah, I didn't realize that having clean clubs wasn't cool these days. It still amazes me how many people don't realize that it's not golf balls that wear down grooves. It's the dirt in between the club and the ball that causes wear.

I couldn't imagine what a wedge would look like after an entire round without cleaning it. Would there be any visible grooves, or would they be covered in dirt?

Now true story. I usually don't clean my sand and lob wedge grooves. Helps control spin . Sometimes so caked I have to wet it first to loosen the dirt up. Lol.

Tools not jewels.

And I darn sure ain't going to clean the grooves on my 3 and 4 irons--- And you know why Blade

Same, but you don't want anything lumpy on the club face, of course. I "squeegee" the dirt off the face and into the grooves with the toe of my shoe. For shots that require spin, they get the wet towel to clean the grooves. The cheaper the towel, the better...scratchey terrycloth works best, like the back side of my Tour Issue JaniKing towel ;-).

Tools not jewels.

Same, but you don't want anything lumpy on the club face, of course. I "squeegee" the dirt off the face and into the grooves with the toe of my shoe. For shots that require spin, they get the wet towel to clean the grooves. The cheaper the towel, the better...scratchey terrycloth works best, like the back side of my Tour Issue JaniKing towel ;-).

Hotel pool towels for life

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Bad enough a pro is using iron covers but to use fake ones is even worse.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Bad enough a pro is using iron covers but to use fake ones is even worse.

Oh yes, yes, it is so bad and reprehensible that prevented him from winning on the European Tour. Have you, by any chance, own one of those tour titles? I will bet not, lol.....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

The best part:

The good ol’ “heard from” routine. No evidence, therefore irrelevant.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

The good ol’ “heard from” routine. No evidence, therefore irrelevant.

Wall has the best contacts in the industry. I'll take his "heard from" any day over the multitude of yahoos on here whose "rep told them".

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-)
PING G430 hybrid 22°, 26° (F-)
Irons tbd
PING s159 53W, 58B
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour yellow

Those seem to be legit, I just found them at Carl's Golfland https://www.carlsgolfland.com/taylormade-iron-headcovers-white.....might have to get a set!

Thanks! So much for "heard from", lol...

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

And is that a ball retriever and one of those little scrub brushes for your irons i see attached on his bag as well?

I’m betting against him after seeing those headcovers.

Most definitely.

One of those “you know you’re in for a long day” sorts of things when you see a guy with one. Played with a guy a few wks ago who cleaned his irons with that little wire brush after EVERY shot.

Then proceeded to shoot about 105?

Lol, that is news to me. But, if you don't have one, how do you clean your irons/wedges during a round?

Would seem more difficult to dig dirt out of the grooves with a tee that doesn't fit wouldn't it?

I admittedly use one. Always have. Everyone I know does. This is the first I've heard it mentioned in the same e breath as a ball retriever. Seems too convenient to get the sand, dirt, and grass out of the grooves with a couple swipes.

I use one too! I play 18 in 3 hrs and hate slow play

Anyone else lick their grooves clean?

The last time I licked a dirty groove it took 2 weeks' worth of penicillin to get right again.

To be clear "2 weeks worth of penicillin to get right again." For you or the club?

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

I'm betting against him after seeing those headcovers.

I didn't realize this was a big deal until a few months ago when my new instructor was poking fun at one of the new kids. This guy played on tour and just started laughing. Funny thing is, this is the best kid in our group.