G400 Max...Holy Cow!!!

drumdude96

Anyone tried a G400 Max 9 with a AD-IZ Shaft?

Played 9* max with Iz 6s tipped 1/2" for a good portion of last season. Good combo. High launch mid spin. Aggressive swings would end up weak and right and/or pulled for me. Maybe not the shaft but once I switched to the Gp it took the left side out of play for me and I gained a bit of roll as well. Still love the Iz in my fairways !

Srixon ZX5 Driver 10.5* Evenflow Riptide 50 6.0

Srixon ZX Fairway 15* Evenflow Riptide 60 6.0

Srixon ZX Fairway 21* Evenflow Riptide 70 6.0

Srixon ZX Utility 23* Recoil 95 F4

Srixon ZX Hybrid 25* Evenflow Riptide 80 6.0

Srixon ZX7 6-P Modus 120s

Cleveland Zipcore Full Face 52*,56*,60* Modus 115 Wedge

L.A.B. Golf B.2 LAGP TPZ ONE35

Srixon Z-Star

Anyone tried a G400 Max 9 with a AD-IZ Shaft?

Played 9* max with Iz 6s tipped 1/2" for a good portion of last season. Good combo. High launch mid spin. Aggressive swings would end up weak and right and/or pulled for me. Maybe not the shaft but once I switched to the Gp it took the left side out of play for me and I gained a bit of roll as well. Still love the Iz in my fairways !

Interesting. I have the GP in my current M2 I am trying to sell. Might pull the head and sell it and slap a Ping tip on the GP and give it a whirl. I am a huge fan of the GP.

TSI3 9 Pro White
TSI2 15  Pro White

TSI2 18  Pro Blue/MIZUNO FLI-HI 3 Iron Pro White
PXG 0311T P-7/0311P 6-4
VOKEY SM7 RAW 52F 08
VOKEY SM7 RAW 56S 10
VOKEY SM7 RAW 60L 04
CAMERON NEWPORT 2/CAMERON 6M
PRO V1X

I am a long long long time lurker but you guys all made me do this. I just took my regular G400 Head off and Put on my New Max head onto my Rogue 125 shaft. As I sit in snowy Chicago I am really looking forward to Florida next weekend!! I will give my thoughts when I get back on the combo! Thanks all you guys for helping me spend some money!! Lol

G430 Max 9 Degrees Accra FX 3.0

G430 LST 3 Wood Ventus Red 6S

Cobra TEC 3 and 4 Hybrid MitsubishiMMT Stiff

JPX Forged 5-G Steelfiber 95R

Callaway Jaws 54m and 58z

Mizuno OMOI #5

@JcWallace That is exactly what I have

How is that combo?

I love the shaft! Highly recommend it.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

I was able to get a round in today.

2 “bad” drives out of 14.

One was a snap hook, the other was an almost slice. Both were in play. The other 12 drives ranged from pretty good to Dayum that was smoked!

I haven’t been this happy and confident with a driver since my Taylor made System 2. I was 30 years younger then...

X________________________________ Sign Here

I ended up buying a G400 Max 9 degree yesterday with a Rogue I/O 60S Shaft in it.... I almost think I want to just swap the tip on the GP and sell the Rogue if anyone wants it. I was trying to sell the M2/GP combo but that GP shaft is just to good for my swing. I can not wait to hit this Max.

TSI3 9 Pro White
TSI2 15  Pro White

PXG 0311T P-7/0311P 6-4
VOKEY SM7 RAW 52F 08
VOKEY SM7 RAW 56S 10
VOKEY SM7 RAW 60L 04
PRO V1X

Trying to narrow it down between the LST 8.5 and Max 9 degree. I actually spin the Max LESS with the same shaft. Place I was at didn't have kk or Yellow in stiff, onlty reg and X. That being said the stock shaft in stiff worked best for me. Had a guy at Golfers warehouse working with me. The yellow X was not terrible and he thinks it might be perfect in stiff ( ironic because my M2 driver from 2016 has a HZRDUS yellow 6.0 HC that I was fitted for but 63 grams.). But until I hit it, the stock shaft is far ahead.

So I was getting 154 ball speed, 2600 rpm spin, 275 carry and 295 total with the max 9 stock Alta stiff. Launch angle was 15 degrees but height was 31 yards. The kk and yellow were 10 -15 yards shorter, 4-5 mph ball speed less launch around 11.5. This was all on the gc2. GC2 for some reason had my club head speed away too high. The xtorsion 60 stiff is awful for me.

I'm probably at risk of suspension from wrx for saying a stock shaft outperformed an upgraded shaft!!

Tomorrow I'll go to another place and see if they have the yellow and kk in stiff so I can hit the 3 shafts in the same flex.

Trying to narrow it down between the LST 8.5 and Max 9 degree. I actually spin the Max LESS with the same shaft. Place I was at didn't have kk or Yellow in stiff, onlty reg and X. That being said the stock shaft in stiff worked best for me. Had a guy at Golfers warehouse working with me. The yellow X was not terrible and he thinks it might be perfect in stiff ( ironic because my M2 driver from 2016 has a HZRDUS yellow 6.0 HC that I was fitted for but 63 grams.). But until I hit it, the stock shaft is far ahead.

So I was getting 154 ball speed, 2600 rpm spin, 275 carry and 295 total with the max 9 stock Alta stiff. Launch angle was 15 degrees but height was 31 yards. The kk and yellow were 10 -15 yards shorter, 4-5 mph ball speed less launch around 11.5. This was all on the gc2. GC2 for some reason had my club head speed away too high. The xtorsion 60 stiff is awful for me.

I'm probably at risk of suspension from wrx for saying a stock shaft outperformed an upgraded shaft!!

Tomorrow I'll go to another place and see if they have the yellow and kk in stiff so I can hit the 3 shafts in the same flex.

The stock shaft is really really good. I know it's sacrilege to play anything 'stock' on WRX. I went in fully expecting to customize my club. At the very least I was going to order it at a shorter length. But the stock combo worked so well, I didn't see any reason to change it. I dialed the loft down to the small minus and it's been fantastic. Easily the best driver I have ever owned. I've had to guys ask to hit it and ended up buying one for their bag.

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

The Max is amazingly forgiving, I play the G LST at 10.5*, I also have the G400 LST 1.5 head that I demoed, I was only able to hit the Max a few times, since it was new and about to be released I could not keep the club head. Since I am currently n Afghanistan I contacted them and put all my deliveries on hold until I return but the driver is a monster.

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

Played 3 rounds now with my G400 Max 10.5 with Ping Tour 65S and have gone 12/14 fairways each of the 3 rounds. Distance isn't longer than Rogue SZ, but not shorter. That is ridiculously good accuracy for me. The arrow has helped the Indian a great deal in this case.

• Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5; Mitsubishi Diamana TB 60 S; 45.5”
  • Taylormade SIM Max 3w and 5w; Mitsubishi Diamana BF 70 S; 43.25” & 42.25”
  • Mizuno '21 CLK 19, 22 & 25; Fujikura Speeder EVO 75 HB Graphite S; Std L/L/L; sub for 5w, 4i & 5i
  • PXG 0311 P GEN3 PW-4i; Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff ; Std L/+0.75"/2 up
  • Vokey SM9 50F8 & 54S10 and SM8 58M8; Mitsubishi MMT 105 S in 50 & KBS 610 Wedge R+ in 54 & 58; Std L/+0.75"/1 up
  • Odyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab Putter; 35/74; stock Odyssey grip
  • JumboMax JMX UltraLite small on all clubs except putter

The stock shaft is really really good. I know it's sacrilege to play anything 'stock' on WRX. I went in fully expecting to customize my club. At the very least I was going to order it at a shorter length. But the stock combo worked so well, I didn't see any reason to change it. I dialed the loft down to the small minus and it's been fantastic. Easily the best driver I have ever owned. I've had to guys ask to hit it and ended up buying one for their bag.

I wold definately want to hit it in the smaller minus like u said. I'd also have the loft checked before I bought one....hear some weird stories. Got stuck at work today so I'm hoping tomorrow indoors on GC2.

Is it true Ping is going to introduce the G500MAX in January?

Fake news bud. G400 max thru next year

Signature of Solon CC

Mizuno STX 230 10.5 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

I wanted to hit the Kuro Kage in stiff since the place I was at only had regular. I hit it and it was better for me than the stock shaft . Spin came down, ball speed went up and dispersion was better.

Swinging at 110 i thought I'd try the shaft in x flex...why not? Got to cover all the bases. Glad I did...ball speed went up 4 mph,

dispersion a tiny bit better launch came down a degree from 14.5 to 13.5 Best thing was even more distance.

So the KK in x gave me 20 yards give or take over the stock shaft which I really liked.

Love the GC2 Quad.

I took my 400 Max out tonight after 2 days straight BS Rain/Storms. Hit 10 balls with it and was floored. Hit 3 balls with my 17 M2.... Vomit... The MAX is really, really good. I hit all types of shots with it and it always ends up in the fairway and long. I HATED my M2 after my round. I am really impressed with the 400 MAX.

TSI3 9 Pro White
TSI2 15  Pro White

PXG 0311T P-7/0311P 6-4
VOKEY SM7 RAW 52F 08
VOKEY SM7 RAW 56S 10
VOKEY SM7 RAW 60L 04
PRO V1X

Boricua, hoping for your safe return. To topic, I wish people would stop posting about some awesome club. It makes me want one, and I don't need any more clubs.

To confuse you a little bit more, you need to try TS2 as well. I had the same dispersion (in my very extensive test of TS2 vs G400Max - in TS thread) but with a little bit more distance with TS2. MOI almost identical but in a little bit prettier package with better sound ;-)

I've owned the MAX for few months now. I have an ALDILA VS Proto 60 on it and compared to the other drivers I've tried, my MAX is shorter compared to other pings, TM, and Callaway drivers. But, I wouldn't trade the forgiveness of this driver over the longer drivers. I can pick a marker and/or an area, and I'm there. If I go off line, it doesn't sail way off line.

BTW, G410 is what someone told me is the rumor coming out soon.....

I might buy another MAX for back up and find that shaft that can push me a little further forward.

I know i'm in the minority, but the times i've demo'd the G400 Max i couldn't hit it to save my life. I demo'd the 10.5 with alta cb regular and all i got was really low hooks and the occasional low fade. Couldn't get it in the air to save my life. Could be the stock 45.75 length which is 1 inch too long for me. Glad the club is working out for the rest of you (and Cameron Champ/Tony Finau).

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 5 Wood 

Ping G430 22* Hybrid 

Titleist U*505 ('23) 4i

TaylorMade P790 ('23) 5-AW

Taylor Made MG4 56*
Titleist SM8 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

TaylorMade TP5x Pix

Vessel Lite Lux

I know i'm in the minority, but the times i've demo'd the G400 Max i couldn't hit it to save my life. I demo'd the 10.5 with alta cb regular and all i got was really low hooks and the occasional low fade. Couldn't get it in the air to save my life. Could be the stock 45.75 length which is 1 inch too long for me. Glad the club is working out for the rest of you (and Cameron Champ/Tony Finau).

I have not been overwhelmed by this driver either. It's not as long and I felt the forgiveness was good but not that much different from the last few drivers I have played. We are definitely in the minority. To me it lacks some of the pop of my other drivers. Feels a little dead to me. Not saying it isn't a good driver but just hasn't been a big difference maker for me.