Winter jacket suggestions

PING garments are very limited in the US, and sell out very quickly. I became a PING apparel retailer this year (primarily due to how the Norse impressed me last year), and the winter gear goes SO quickly. It's all great stuff. Mostly going to be in proshops. The Norse model on TGW is the "Zoned" model, and is not the warmer fully insulated (body, arms, and back) Norse. There are now 3 models in the Norse lineup (listing them in order of "warmness", as I own them all): Norse, Norse Fleece, and Norse Zoned.

PING garments are very limited in the US, and sell out very quickly. I became a PING apparel retailer this year (primarily due to how the Norse impressed me last year), and the winter gear goes SO quickly. It's all great stuff. Mostly going to be in proshops. The Norse model on TGW is the "Zoned" model, and is not the warmer fully insulated (body, arms, and back) Norse. There are now 3 models in the Norse lineup (listing them in order of "warmness", as I own them all): Norse, Norse Fleece, and Norse Zoned.

If you have any place / insight on where to get the full Ping Norse (warmest) one, please let me know. Would love to pick one up. Thanks!

If you have any place / insight on where to get the full Ping Norse (warmest) one, please let me know. Would love to pick one up. Thanks!

You might try here: https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Ping-Norse-PrimaLoft-Therma-lGolf-Wind-Jacket-Black.html

It looks like you may have to email them and ask about shipping to the US however. So I'm not positive they will ship here.

I ordered it from my pro shop. It was less expensive there than any website as well.

i can also back up what Chris said on the warmth. Outstanding. I played a few weeks ago and it was 32 degrees at tee time and never got above 38. We had a ton of wind. It was thankfully sunny out but very cold. I wore the norse with a UA base 3.0 under it. No golf shirt or anything else. We only ride in carts when we play and we had a stretch of holes where I was borderline getting too warm. It only takes a thin base layer in anything but extreme temps and its easy to swing in.

I have the Norse Fleece in X-Large brand new with tags if anyone is interested.

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

I went for the Under Armour Storm Insulated jacket. It is hands down the warmest golf jacket I have ever owned.

I played yesterday and it was 5 Celsius which google tells me is 41 Fahrenheit. I had that and a long sleeve polo shirt on and I was genuinely feel on the verge of being too hot and that was me walking with my clubs on a Powakaddy so I wasn't getting any extra heat from carrying a heavy bag. Honestly, could not recommend these anymore.

https://www.function...7359-black.html

I've got that UA one in the rhino gray. It's good, and is very warm. But still nothing compared to the PING Norse. PING Norse continues to amaze me. It's the only jacket of any kind that has ever kept me warm, and in nothing but it and a short sleeve polo underneath. I'm a person that's so cold natured that I legitimately have goose bumps on my legs and arms at temps of 70* and below (I swear I'm part lizard...I run my shower water at 130* measured at the shower head, and that's not hot enough for me), and the Norse is like being wrapped inside a big heated quilt, yet is light as a feather with zero restriction at all.

Haha, don't try and play Golf in Scotland and this time of year!

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I went for the Under Armour Storm Insulated jacket. It is hands down the warmest golf jacket I have ever owned.

I played yesterday and it was 5 Celsius which google tells me is 41 Fahrenheit. I had that and a long sleeve polo shirt on and I was genuinely feel on the verge of being too hot and that was me walking with my clubs on a Powakaddy so I wasn't getting any extra heat from carrying a heavy bag. Honestly, could not recommend these anymore.

https://www.function18.com/outerwear/under-armour-golf-storm-insulated-jacket-1317359-black.html

Ok MattyO. Took your recommendation and got the UA Storm Insulated Jacket. UA had a $30 off deal last night so I got it for about $80. Hoping it’s as warm as your experience.

Ok MattyO. Took your recommendation and got the UA Storm Insulated Jacket. UA had a $30 off deal last night so I got it for about $80. Hoping it's as warm as your experience.

Feeling under pressure now! Let me know how you get on with it.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Got the UA Storm Insulate Jacket too yesterday. Now just trying to find someplace that has the ping norse available in my size that ships to the US. Such a pain. :(

Just out of curiosity, what size are you?

I've got that UA one in the rhino gray. It's good, and is very warm. But still nothing compared to the PING Norse. PING Norse continues to amaze me. It's the only jacket of any kind that has ever kept me warm, and in nothing but it and a short sleeve polo underneath. I'm a person that's so cold natured that I legitimately have goose bumps on my legs and arms at temps of 70* and below (I swear I'm part lizard...I run my shower water at 130* measured at the shower head, and that's not hot enough for me), and the Norse is like being wrapped inside a big heated quilt, yet is light as a feather with zero restriction at all.

If I did, I'm bringing my Norse! Probably layer one of the other Norse models under it!

Got the UA Storm Insulate Jacket too yesterday. Now just trying to find someplace that has the ping norse available in my size that ships to the US. Such a pain. :(

I'm a size S. M is too baggy for most jackets. Definitely like the slimmer look for me.

I'm a size S. M is too baggy for most jackets. Definitely like the slimmer look for me.

I sent you a PM.

If I did, I'm bringing my Norse! Probably layer one of the other Norse models under it!

That should about do it! It's a balmy 46 F here this morning with winds of 45 mph...as I was heading into work, I still some some of the hardcore seniors parking up at the club and getting their bags out...way to keen those old guys!

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Highland softie!

Does anyone have any reviews of the ping Norse primaloft zoned full zip jacket that is available In the US? I tried one on today, but would love to hear everyone's thoughts. Thanks for your help

I have it (have all the Norse line-up), and in my opinion, it's the let down of the Norse family. I am stating this as a ridiculously cold-natured person (read some of my other posts), but the Zoned is by far the least warm of the 3 Norse family. I (again, very cold-natured) freeze in the Zoned. The arms have zero insulation, and the body has very little compared to the fully insulated Norse or the Norse fleece. I would say (personal opinion, for my use at least) it's a light cover up for a chilly early Fall or late Spring day. Not a Winter jacket unless you want to wear several layers, which, in that case (layers), it might be pretty good. I personally try to wear as few layers as possible, as that just leads to more overall bulk. I don't want to play golf if I have to have a bunch of crap on, which is why the fully insulated Norse is my go to. I can wear only it down to close to freezing temps, and it's light and not restrictive at all.

Just ordered this from Golfbase UK:

Ping Collection Mens 2018 Norse PrimaLoft Insulated Quilted Golf Jacket

It ships via Royal Mail, hope it arrives in 10 days or so.

I ordered size Medium which Ping says is chest size 38-40.

With some cool weather in store for NC until mid-March, I am really looking forward to use this jacket with minimal layers underneath.

Thanks for all the tips Chris, your feedback was key to me buying the Norse.

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Srixon Z Star

Does anyone have any reviews of the ping Norse primaloft zoned full zip jacket that is available In the US? I tried one on today, but would love to hear everyone's thoughts. Thanks for your help

I have it (have all the Norse line-up), and in my opinion, it's the let down of the Norse family. I am stating this as a ridiculously cold-natured person (read some of my other posts), but the Zoned is by far the least warm of the 3 Norse family. I (again, very cold-natured) freeze in the Zoned. The arms have zero insulation, and the body has very little compared to the fully insulated Norse or the Norse fleece. I would say (personal opinion, for my use at least) it's a light cover up for a chilly early Fall or late Spring day. Not a Winter jacket unless you want to wear several layers, which, in that case (layers), it might be pretty good. I personally try to wear as few layers as possible, as that just leads to more overall bulk. I don't want to play golf if I have to have a bunch of crap on, which is why the fully insulated Norse is my go to. I can wear only it down to close to freezing temps, and it's light and not restrictive at all.

Chris, I feel cold just reading your posts! Haha.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I'm CONSTANTLY cold. It sucks. I would LOVE to live where it's 95-100 degrees F all year long. I love that temperature range. Like I said...I think I'm part lizard.

I'm CONSTANTLY cold. It sucks. I would LOVE to live where it's 95-100 degrees F all year long. I love that temperature range. Like I said...I think I'm part lizard.

We just need to find slim fitting insulated, windproof and waterproof golf pants to match. If anyone has some insight on that, i'd definitely want!

Closest thing i've found.. https://www.jlindebergusa.com/p/padded-schoeller-3xdry-pants-18014?categoryid=524.. but kind of pricey... LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried this hybrid jacket from Sun Mountain? I can't seem to find any reviews via a Google search... It's priced well, but just not sure how warm it keeps you or how it fits, performs, etc...

https://shop.sunmountain.com/hybrid-jacket-23840-detail

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

My Ping Norse Primaloft jacket arrived from the UK today, took about 2 weeks.

I ordered a size Medium and it’s about right, I think a small would be too tight.

It’s very warm, wore it in the rain today (45*) doing errands and it was perfect (maybe a little too warm, it traps your body heat). I won’t have a chance to test it on the links until end of this month but feels very easy to swing in and it’s not noisy.

The sleeves near wrist are a little loose, I wish they were elastic. That’s my only small complaint.

Edit - for some size perspective, I recently ordered the Sunice Huxley in Small and a Nike Aeroloft vest in Medium and all 3 fit very similar.

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Srixon Z Star

• 4 weeks later...

My Ping Norse Primaloft jacket arrived from the UK today, took about 2 weeks.

I ordered a size Medium and it’s about right, I think a small would be too tight.

It’s very warm, wore it in the rain today (45*) doing errands and it was perfect (maybe a little too warm, it traps your body heat). I won’t have a chance to test it on the links until end of this month but feels very easy to swing in and it’s not noisy.

The sleeves near wrist are a little loose, I wish they were elastic. That’s my only small complaint.

Edit - for some size perspective, I recently ordered the Sunice Huxley in Small and a Nike Aeroloft vest in Medium and all 3 fit very similar.

Quick review on this jacket. It is the best winter jacket for golf. I played in temps of 38*-42* with wind where the “real feel” temp was about 5 degrees lower. All I had on was a short sleeve golf shirt, the Ping Norse, winter pants and a beanie. It’s truly amazing how warm this jacket is and how easy it is to swing in. My playing partner had 5 layers on and could hardly swing a club.

Also, now that I have worn the jacket a few times, I like that the sleeves do not have elastic.

The Ping Norse (UK version) is THE winter jacket for golf. No debate.

All we need Ping to do is make it widely available in the US.

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Srixon Z Star